Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

City meals tracker?

I know the game does a countdown as sims eat city meals, but does it keep score of which ones? I have a feeling that's a pen and paper thing.

Comments

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Yup that’s how I did it
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,845 Member
    If you click Cook... on the fridge all the City Living recipes you know will be listed there at cooking level 1. Would that do what you are hoping for?
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I wish they would add them to the notebook. Seafood, Selvadoradan and Experimental food too.

Unfortunately checking the fridge isn't a viable option if there isn't one nearby.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    I wish they would add them to the notebook. Seafood, Selvadoradan and Experimental food too.

Unfortunately checking the fridge isn't a viable option if there isn't one nearby.

Now, there's a great idea.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    If you click Cook... on the fridge all the City Living recipes you know will be listed there at cooking level 1. Would that do what you are hoping for?

Probably. I almost never use the cook option so had no idea that list existed. Thank you.
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Now, there's a great idea.

Second the motion.
    You are very welcome @Oldeseadogge :)
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    If you don't want to go through learning them all each time you can shift click your sim and unlock those recipes. The sim still has to build up chopstick skill and tolerance with spice. But you'll be able to make the recipes. Same with the farming and herbalism recipes.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
    Thank you!
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    I just figured out the other day that you can also shift click your sim, and in another part of cheat sim info, get add trait, and give then chopstick savvy and spice tolerance. So they can eat all the city living foods no problem once you cook them.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:

Actually tried it yesterday and many level 1 recipes came up. While most were obviously not CL ones, some were iffy, and had no idea which was which. There should be either some sort of flag or the implementation of EmmaVane's notebook idea.
    @Oldeseadogge Well that would be cool. In the meantime, here is a list of the 27 recipes available with City Living :) so you will be able to tell which is which

https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/904468/list-of-the-27-new-recipes
    Thank you so much! This is a big help. Am marking the posting for ready reference.
    Have found another stall with learnable food items. The seafood stall in Brindleton Bay has 4 items the sim learns by eating. Stall sign is a red crawfish sort of thing. There is a life ring hanging from onoe of the corners. Made that discovery yesterday.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I gave up on trying to remember all the recipes. Cl with 27, Dine Out with...can't recall how many, C&D with 4 Seafood.... I tried to write them all down as the sim learned them. I just couldn't because I have so many sims and saves, it was hard to keep it up.

I had to go the mod-way, by getting skillbooks with all the recipes. Now my sims just read those books, and thats it. Very much easier for my severely forgetful brain.
    I can relate. I started a spreadsheet a few weeks ago. Dine out added some?
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    I think Dine Out added the experimental dishes.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited January 2023
    I can relate. I started a spreadsheet a few weeks ago. Dine out added some?

I also started a spreadsheet last week to keep track of those recipes which can be learned from eating them.
    My list :
    • 27 cultural recipes from City living
    • 20 Experimental dishes from dine out
    • 4 seafood recipes from cats and dogs
    • 10 Selvadora recipes from jungle adventure
    • 9 Batuu recipes from journey to batuu

I can try to upload my spreadsheet later this week should anyone be interested.

Notes :
    - Snowy escape also has food stalls but those recipes are available for everyone and don't have to be eaten to learned.
    - it doesn't matter where you eat the meals. My sim learned the batuu recipes after eating them in a themed restaurant in oasis springs. When she prepared city living recipes at home, her boyfriend learned the recipe with the home cooked meal at home.
    How to become a foodie even without the trait. Thank you. I would be interested if you decide to do it.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member
    As fantastical and unrealistic as my games are, for the most part, I'm very deliberate that different sims enjoy different food. If I'm in a save where I'm playing Zoe Patel, I immediately take her to the spice festival and let her get all of the food at the Indian food stall. My alien goes straight to Batuu and starts buying food and drinks. My Mt Komorebi sims eat the foods that came with that pack, etc. I have a couple of very old sims who know most of the recipes in the game - it's to the point I really don't know what they're missing. Maybe I need a spreadsheet lol
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,869 Member
    New mod today, if not against mods/can use
    https://modthesims.info/d/673631/recipe-notebook.html
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    Here is my list to track recipes. You can use the last colomn to indicate where or not you learned a recipe and you should be able to filter or sort by pack.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11IG-Wrr_m5CVPBWa6yE0uZIrSjiEmTBZ/edit?usp=share_link&ouid=101860544011169304245&rtpof=true&sd=true
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    As fantastical and unrealistic as my games are, for the most part, I'm very deliberate that different sims enjoy different food. If I'm in a save where I'm playing Zoe Patel, I immediately take her to the spice festival and let her get all of the food at the Indian food stall. My alien goes straight to Batuu and starts buying food and drinks. My Mt Komorebi sims eat the foods that came with that pack, etc. I have a couple of very old sims who know most of the recipes in the game - it's to the point I really don't know what they're missing. Maybe I need a spreadsheet lol

I never considered choosing different recipes to learn based on the sims personality. It is an interesting idea.
  • skipskip Posts: 6 New Member
    thanks you
    Thank you! What do the column labels V, S, and C refer to?
    V=vegetarian
    S=spicy
    C=chopsticks

I know I listed them correctly for the city living recipes but I might have missed a few vegetarian for the other packs.