Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today, The Non-Serial Story Version

Comments

• Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    A few sessions ago...

I think Grimm is gonna be working overtime with this lot, there's another two dying off screen :D

HpCumrT.png

Ryder Reaper has apparently figured out how to go through solid barriers whilst using Werewolf speed :D

SZhyKKX.png
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    I can't believe it, yet. First time ever, since I'm playing this game, my beloved Sim Mathilde has won in the lottery. :D

6lm1MSk.png
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,881 Member
    Yay Mathilde!! @Daravi

• Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    My struggling teenage actress Delilah skipped school, went grociery shopping, skipped drama club and hooked up with a guy she met at pub (who turned out to be her second cousin. Awkward)
  • Options
    RPGTabbycatRPGTabbycat Posts: 48 Member
    I never thought I'd say this but... what's not happening in my game is that my sims are not getting any of those low level job offer phone calls. I don't have any mods in the game so I'm not sure what's going on. A bug? An unannounced change to the system? My sims suddenly got call blocker for spam phone calls? Nah, those weird people that claim to know what my sim did are still calling. But where are the job offers?
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Very little, thank you for asking. I began playing early in the morning, discovered why a new mod I'm trying out wasn't fully functioning. Added the small part I'd missed when downloading it the first time. Mod worked just fine after that. But, then I decided to take a break. I had every intention of simply saving then squishing the game, and putting my computer to sleep, but I managed to exit the game, instead. :open_mouth: I got off of my 'break' and powered up the game again, only to find the save I was returning to had a warning on it, that pack(s) were missing. Say, what? Turns out upon checking City Living showed itself to be owned by me. But the warning continued that if I went ahead and played that save I risked having the save become corrupted. :open_mouth: I checked my packs in the EA App. City Living is installed. Tried to play again. Said it was missing a pack(s). Grr. I decided to try Origin and it said the same thing. Then I decided to do a game repair through the EA App, since I had just discovered where that option was buried. City Living wouldn't load. I went back to Origin. Same thing. I filled out an error report. I'm grossly unhappy at the moment. Some interesting things occurred earlier in the day and I was hoping to get to Sunday in my game, so I could write things up. Sadness. Somehow, City Living has something wrong with it. I'm wondering if and how long it will take for EA to fix it, or make good on my purchase. In the meantime, I spent the day cleaning up the profile pages of my family tree. Has to be done, so it wasn't a complete waste of time. However, I really wanted to play my game. And now I'm wondering just when I might get to play. As for my other save, it also needs City Living. But that one I might be able to remove their singing skill, because that's about the only reason City Living would be involved, I think.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited January 2023
    I never thought I'd say this but... what's not happening in my game is that my sims are not getting any of those low level job offer phone calls. I don't have any mods in the game so I'm not sure what's going on. A bug? An unannounced change to the system? My sims suddenly got call blocker for spam phone calls? Nah, those weird people that claim to know what my sim did are still calling. But where are the job offers?

I may be wrong but I think that comes from the sim having a high reputation? Do you have get famous and is the sim low reputation? That might be why.

In my game I added the Akiyama kids Miki and Taku to my household and we did the festival of youth. I was able to compete the scavenger hunt with both the kids just in time.

I thought this one was really fun, not as good as the festival of light but better than the snow one. You need to bring children though. I now sent the kids back to their parents, I might turn on their aging and see how they grow up :smile:.

85-D4-BB74-4-D95-4-AF2-AF13-E9363287-ACF6.jpg
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,881 Member
    edited January 2023
    Sounds like fun @JustinB113 :) I have never successfully had a kid find a voidcritter! it takes so long and it always fails :(

In my San Myshuno game, Miki is married to Sai Savalani, best friend of Billie Jang. Miki, Sai, Billie and Billie's partner Asami live together in an apartment. They are all adorable imho. Here's Miki doing normal things like dropping out of university and eating onigiri
    drop-out.png
    adorable-miki.png

Taku's cute too, but it seems I only ever take screenshots of the back of his head so someone else will have to help you with that :)

@RPGTabbycat Come to think of it, in my current game, I haven't gotten any of those calls either. I have multiple sims in the household with Good and Pristine reputations. I wonder what's going on.
  • Options
    Sounds like fun @JustinB113 :) I have never successfully had a kid find a voidcritter! it takes so long and it always fails :(

In my San Myshuno game, Miki is married to Sai Savalani, best friend of Billie Jang. Miki, Sai, Billie and Billie's partner Asami live together in an apartment. They are all adorable imho. Here's Miki doing normal things like dropping out of university and eating onigiri
    drop-out.png
    adorable-miki.png

Oh she looks so nice!! :smile: Akiyama is definitely my favourite snowy escape family.

I’m surprised you had problems with the void critters and you should try again. It did take a little while to search and it does cut it close to get 10 but as long as you keep moving between tries it worked more often than not for me.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Whoa, after yesterday's debacle, today I was able to do a full game repair, and voila, just like that City Living was installed. Yay. So, picking up where I'd left off prior to yesterday, Kayleigh had an attack of appendicitis and died during surgery. Erik, whose Obsessed Fans have given him a few Death Flowers was able to present one to Grimmie, who gave Kayleigh back her life. Phew! (I immediately removed the one module from a mod I was using, that said only to use if you wish to have all deaths disabled.) Okay, this confuses me. LOL How then could she die? Apparently, the rupture caused her to go into Sepsis. And she died of poisoning. This was sad, but Erik was able to bring her back. She seems fine, now. He went to the Starlight Accolades that following Sunday, which was two days later. He won, but as you can imagine, he's an emotional wreck. Oh, I also decided they were expecting another baby, which didn't survive the Peritonitis.

1vqNVcK.jpg
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    edited January 2023
    In the "That's Not How You Play Get Famous" department, meet the Gillman Family: Finley and Flipper Gillman, and their teenaged son, Art. They live, of course, in Sulani. The islands are part of The Myst due to the prevalence of merfolk, island spirits and, apparently, The Gillmans. The catch here is that Art is actually a famous actor in the "Finzilla" series of action movies, playing, you guessed it, teenage sea creature, Finzilla. The thing is the folks in Del Sol Valley don't know he's not really acting. Let's hope they don't find out he's the real deal.

Left to right: Art, at the computer, supposedly doing his homework but really looking up alien conspiracies in Strangerville. Mom, Flipper, seated watching TV. Dad, Finley, standing there doubting his son is actually doing his homework.

w9bWuWb.png
    Post edited by cyncie on
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    Whoa, after yesterday's debacle, today I was able to do a full game repair, and voila, just like that City Living was installed. Yay. So, picking up where I'd left off prior to yesterday, Kayleigh had an attack of appendicitis and died during surgery. Erik, whose Obsessed Fans have given him a few Death Flowers was able to present one to Grimmie, who gave Kayleigh back her life. Phew! (I immediately removed the one module from a mod I was using, that said only to use if you wish to have all deaths disabled.) Okay, this confuses me. LOL How then could she die? Apparently, the rupture caused her to go into Sepsis. And she died of poisoning. This was sad, but Erik was able to bring her back. She seems fine, now. He went to the Starlight Accolades that following Sunday, which was two days later. He won, but as you can imagine, he's an emotional wreck. Oh, I also decided they were expecting another baby, which didn't survive the Peritonitis.

1vqNVcK.jpg

Erik's life sure has been an emotional roller-coaster lately. Thank goodness for obsessive fans.
  • Options
    @cynci, yes his life isn't easy just because he's wildly famous, successful and filthy rich. And that's the point. :)
  • Options
    RPGTabbycatRPGTabbycat Posts: 48 Member
    One of my sim's adult children that no longer lived at home died in an accidental death with no urn or tombstone to be found anywhere. I thought I had lost her forever but then she called one of my sims as a ghost to ask if he wanted to go to a festival. So several members of the household went along and I had one of the spellcasters used dedeathify on her.
  • Options
    SteveBridgerSteveBridger Posts: 106 Member
    To complete one of the challenges between myself and a gaming friend, I turned Don Lothario into a vampiric prop comedian.

I had to exploit a bug which causes a SimRay to get stuck in a sim's hand, while he was doing a comedy routine, in order to get proof of prop comedy.
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Bob and Eliza take Winterfest very seriously. :p
    t790FP4.png
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member

Tonight I spent way too long doing a photoshoot for the Benali family. I'm not supposed to be playing them since Aubrie is pregnant and I'm waiting on infants but they are too cute to just let them sit. So there's a a collage of the photos I chose to hang on their wall. I take so many pics of them that I'm running out of room.
    EdEO8AC.png
  • Options
    @UniqueKhaos I had to turn aging off in my favorite game save. Not playing them made me grossly unhappy and the new saves I tried to start, just didn't capture my imagination the way my main save does. So, I'm holding off on letting them age until Infants drop. Instead of rolling back to just before their first child was born, I'm now planning on keeping them where they are, (especially since nobody has aged) and that way the birth order won't be horribly disrupted. They have their first child and his younger twin sisters currently all Toddlers. I am ever hopeful the Infant Patch will come sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    My sims became something like Professor Quirrell.
    21-1-2023-17-28-07.png
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    @GalacticGal I have aging off in this save but I only want them to have 2 kids and I don’t want to deal with an object baby so I’m trying not to play them. Maybe I’ll start a legacy save since I never plan on letting anyone age in this one.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    My sims got level 10 skiing and snowboarding today and just need to finish rock climbing now. I think that is everything in snowy escape except for salaryman career which they cannot do.

When I moved them to Mt Komorebi I put them into an undecorated lot and they were unhappy so I have been building a new lot for my sims to go to when I finish snowy escape. I’m not so good at building but this new lot is looking okay so far and I’m having fun.

I bought the courtyard oasis kit and I’m using quite a lot of that. I also have had the country kitchen kit for a while and not used it so I’ve been playing with that too. I’ll finish building, then will do their rock climbing and New Year’s Eve/leaving party and then it will be time for something new.

9-FE3-DF60-5867-4-EE4-B1-D6-F13-ACF1-A5-EDD.jpg
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I had no idea the kids could sleep in the tent together! Luella and Luca are twins. One of their dogs, Tessa, is sleeping nearby. :heart:
    52641284176_1501917ceb_k.jpgsleeping in tent by Ashley H., on Flickr

Movie time with the family and popcorn! Even has a mess someone else left behind :lol:
    52641284191_ff1dc5b7b1_k.jpgmovies by Ashley H., on Flickr
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    @GalacticGal I have aging off in this save but I only want them to have 2 kids and I don’t want to deal with an object baby so I’m trying not to play them. Maybe I’ll start a legacy save since I never plan on letting anyone age in this one.

If I am not mistaken, aging off doesn't prevent a baby from being born, though. I'm just keeping my parents from starting a new little one. I would be more than happy to have someone who knows better correct my thinking on this. I do know if you're inclined or are able to use mods, that MCCC can pause a pregnancy.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Raj took Zoe to the festival of lights where they made a wish together.
    22-1-2023-14-58-51.png
    Then they watched the floating lights.
    22-1-2023-15-01-08.png
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    @ashcrash19 Omg that is such a cozy picture! Especially with the dog there. Makes me wish I could join them.😴 Haha

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top