Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The sims 4 get famous

My sim is an actress so she’s doing really good at being one

Comments

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    That's great! The Actress career is pretty cool :)

Btw, I don't know why I misread your title "The Sims 4 Get Nervous" - now I want that pack, LOL
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Is the acting job fun to do?
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    Is the acting job fun to do?
    I just started the acting career with my sim. So far it is fun to see what scenes and costumes show up. Until now she had to do a commercial dressed as a plumber, a scene in 'urbz' which is apparently some kind of sitcom in the sims universe. Her latest gig was a police movie or series with the famous Judith Ward as the other lead actor. But star of the scene was the flower bunny. Not a single actor, director or producer seemed to mind the flower bunny on screen.
    tFaYzFR.png

She just passed the audition for a pirate theme gig so I am looking forward to seeing that decor. So far I enjoy the acting career more than I thought I would but it is still all new to me. It might get repetitive after a while but for those cases we can send a Sim on their own.

• mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    edited January 2023
    Oh wow the acting career is fun and it is fun to do
  • SteveBridgerSteveBridger Posts: 106 Member
    I think they missed a crossover opportunity in regards to acting and occults. It would have been a lot of fun if werewolves, vampires and playable ghost sims could star in horror films. ("Holy cow, the makeup and special effects are incredible, but why is nobody being credited for that?")

Alien sims doing science fiction movies would have been fun too.
    I know
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    I wish the pay scale was different. I tried playing a rags to riches game play and my actor sim wasn't making enough money to buy a mansion after becoming a 5 star celebrity and getting to the top of the career. I think the game promotes the sim too fast and they are still poor as they are succeeding.
    edited January 2023
    Acting in studio get repetitive, but still is sort of fun. But there are many more things to do, like befriending producers etc, and doing fan meet & greets, collecting awards at the "famous ppl only" awards event. You can also run a some profile, I assume building fame from the studio will add nicely to the number of followers. And, when most of the gigs have been done, you can always write and promote your "my life as a superstar" book ;) It can be varied quite bit, especially if you own more packs. How about a tour to all worlds to "promote yopur next movie" and to greet fans?
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    I wish the pay scale was different. I tried playing a rags to riches game play and my actor sim wasn't making enough money to buy a mansion after becoming a 5 star celebrity and getting to the top of the career. I think the game promotes the sim too fast and they are still poor as they are succeeding.

My sim is publishing books alongside her acting career because publishing books also boosts fame. Right now she is making more money with writing than with acting. You would expect famous actors to earn the most.
    wow cool
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    edited January 2023
    So far with the Get Famous pack, I made an Elsa and Anna sim on their way to be actresses.
    Elsa has gotten more gigs, has done commercials, and played a role in a show.
    Anna doesn't seem to like it as much, and I may switch her career.
    I plan to have more Sims take the fame career soon, because it is pretty fun.
    Oh wow cool
    Umbreon12 wrote: »
    So far with the Get Famous pack, I made an Elsa and Anna sim on their way to be actresses.

There is no such thing as the fame career. The acting career came with get famous and allows a sim to become famous but but you should also be able to become famous with other careers. I haven't tried it before but it should be possible.
    edited January 2023
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Umbreon12 wrote: »

There is no such thing as the fame career. The acting career came with get famous and allows a sim to become famous but but you should also be able to become famous with other careers. I haven't tried it before but it should be possible.

Painters built fame quickly, I suppose Writers and Politicians do, too. But there are loads of income related actions building fame (do even selling on Plopsy add fame?), so it's mainly a question about the frequency. Protesting and giving speeches can make your sim a celebrity, but you would need to give a few speeches every day.

What I like the most about this is how I can use fame and my imagination to make nearly anything possible: I can pretend that my sim wants to be a Baby expert, I'll build her baby-attention-office on a community lot, pretending she discuss babies with parents and others, and in the auditory she will speech about babies and infants. I think she will draw a bigger audience as she gets more famous. She can write How-to-raise-your-child books. After a while she will get famous and if she starts a some channel, I'd pretend the content incl. offered commercials there were related. In the end she would be my community's famous mother, probably guesting TV-shows etc, hehe.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I like that fame is something that sims need to actively pursue and maintain. It gives them something extra to work towards once they reach the top of their career.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Yes writers also gain fame. I had a writer who was invited to the accolades to receive an award.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

I think when I first played years ago my writer sim hovered around 2 star celebrity and sometimes dropped to 1 and then back. I can’t remember if it would be possible to have been a more famous celebrity just writing books or not, but I know for certain it does help you at least get a bit famous.
  • EleriEleri Posts: 547 Member
    edited January 2023
    I've had five star celebrity writers, internet personalities (City Living), actors, and self-employed vlogers (Get Famous). I've had three star photographers, painters, and space explorers.

No, @Simmerville , unfortunately, selling things through Plopsy doesn't earn any fame.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    I think they missed a crossover opportunity in regards to acting and occults. It would have been a lot of fun if werewolves, vampires and playable ghost sims could star in horror films. ("Holy cow, the makeup and special effects are incredible, but why is nobody being credited for that?")

Alien sims doing science fiction movies would have been fun too.

So, have you tried to have your ghost, werewolf, or what have you, go into the acting career? If not, I would simply give it a try.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/