Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    iampes23 wrote: »
    So, is it just me, or are other people having trouble with the budget on this one?

I did it but had to use free debug items for landscaping. I also wanted to have a basement but couldn’t with the budget.

Would LOVE to have $20K more..lol

Consider it done. The new budget is $70k. :)

Whoo HOO!!!

Thank you @BuildnShare !!!!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Whoo hoo as well! My pool dream has come true :)
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    @BuildnShare, thanks very much! I am going to try hard to make it work!! (I figured I just would never make the budget and was up to nearly $100K.)
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    Thank you @BuildnShare B)! Pool and basement were installed today! :D
    4kkjdXo.png

• iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited January 2023
    CHALLENGE #169 - Winter Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: iampes23
    ORIGIN ID: iampes23
    LEVEL: Established
    [b[SIMS 4 LOT NAME:[/b] The Summer House in Windenburg 40x30 (changed to Modern Tudor iampes23)
    NEW LOT LINK: no link due to CC
    LOT COST: $3,000
    GALLERY COST: $66,970
    TOTAL COST: $69,970
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/zZvhOiw
    ENTRY DETAILS: This beautiful home is Tudor on the outside and a bit more modern on the inside. It is a cozy 2 bed/2 bath home with a laundry room and a pool!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Two wallpapers made with Sims 4 Studio by iampes23
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: o1uW2gv.png
    7S8bF9F.png
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Just For Fun
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Slipshod Mesquite in Oasis Springs
    NEW LOT LINK: 70K Mid-Century Modern
    LOT COST: $2000
    GALLERY COST: 67,879
    TOTAL COST: 69,879
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: BnS #169 Winter Designer Showdown
    ENTRY DETAILS: For the Winter Designer Showdown I have taken the empty shell of a house and turned it into a mid-Century modern family home. I added a roof and extended it to create a carport addition. I also added platforms throughout the house, giving the bedrooms and kitchen shorter wall space. This created a unique view into the dining room from the kitchen when I added a half wall divider. With the extra money allotted I was able to give the family so many wonderful outdoor activities to enjoy, which included a pool. Perfect for Oasis Springs!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    bAxR62h.png
    j3vprWA.png
  • SannaJo_PinkSannaJo_Pink Posts: 5 New Member
    > @BuildnShare said:
    > Consider it done. The new budget is $70k. :)

*timidly waves* I'm new here (well been here for a long time but never did any challenges before) and was looking for something new to focus on and this buildnshare came at just the right time for me (never knew it existed before a few days ago!). Just wanted to let you know that you should probably update the first message with the current challenge in it since it still reflects the $50k budget which is what I went off of haha

I came here to double check the rules before I finalized my entry and such and then was looking at past entries and saw this update about the budget. Don't worry, it's a HAPPY surprise haha I'm excited to add a few items to my build (like a television lol). Anyways, looking forward to seeing everyone's entries! <3

Juliet
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    > @BuildnShare said:
    > Consider it done. The new budget is $70k. :)

*timidly waves* I'm new here (well been here for a long time but never did any challenges before) and was looking for something new to focus on and this buildnshare came at just the right time for me (never knew it existed before a few days ago!). Just wanted to let you know that you should probably update the first message with the current challenge in it since it still reflects the $50k budget which is what I went off of haha

I came here to double check the rules before I finalized my entry and such and then was looking at past entries and saw this update about the budget. Don't worry, it's a HAPPY surprise haha I'm excited to add a few items to my build (like a television lol). Anyways, looking forward to seeing everyone's entries! <3

Juliet

Hello and welcome to Build-n-Share! Hope you had fun with your build. Note: you won't be ale able to post links or pictures since you're new, but don't worry! Just type them in your post and someone will quote it to make the links work.
    Thank you for reminding me that some people do actually look at the first page. It's now updated.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    > @BuildnShare said:
    > Hello and welcome to Build-n-Share! Hope you had fun with your build. Note: you won't be ale able to post links or pictures since you're new, but don't worry! Just type them in your post and someone will quote it to make the links work.
    > Thank you for reminding me that some people do actually look at the first page. It's now updated.

Haha no worries at all and thank you for the info about links! I'll let you know if I have any issues! =)
    > @BuildnShare said:
    > Hello and welcome to Build-n-Share! Hope you had fun with your build. Note: you won't be ale able to post links or pictures since you're new, but don't worry! Just type them in your post and someone will quote it to make the links work.
    > Thank you for reminding me that some people do actually look at the first page. It's now updated.

Haha no worries at all and thank you for the info about links! I'll let you know if I have any issues! =)

You're welcome.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    fcuRqPI.png
    Attention Starting Out Entrants for #167 - Revival
    Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    edited January 2023
    FORUM ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    ORIGIN ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    LEVEL: Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Forest Hideaway in Granite Falls
    NEW LOT LINK: Gallery
    LOT COST: $2,500
    GALLERY COST: $63,854
    TOTAL COST: $ 66,354
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Album
    ENTRY DETAILS: That cabin your family rented every year at the end of the summer for as long as you remember. A 2-bedroom, 2 bath with an outdoor shower and water closet. Hot tub, and everything you could imagine to do over your summer vacation leading in to the first week of fall.. Plenty of skill building objects included.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

326764473_2097756883765573_1567734502159322392_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=DxlYNUuMO1AAX_MKnH3&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.xx&oh=00_AfC1UGcFoocxkpivXOF7ZfJDqX66oyQ0jZ6shm2zxNwAmA&oe=63D15E58

326410634_720153569496853_6722512249383781944_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=Q06hBIZ6qLMAX_rdw76&tn=ulXJLPL7x1jAkX3J&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-5.fna&oh=00_AfCNiJFo9CMtUBWMOeFUk5hcspP_p3i7bk-8XKgKv7dwug&oe=63D238D5

Post edited by Pinkusfamily on
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited January 2023
    Eco Family Beauty

FORUM ID: pammiechick
    ORIGIN ID: pammiechick
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Old Mill in Evergreen Harbor
    NEW LOT LINK: Eco Family Beauty
    LOT COST: $3,000
    GALLERY COST: $66,914
    TOTAL COST: $69,914
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/1xUitBX
    ENTRY DETAILS: Welcome to ecolifestyle at its finest. Gorgeous interior with neutral and ecofriendly living in mind. Blends in nicely at Evergreen Harbor. Surprise party basement with bar, pool, keyboard, guitar and more! Thank you to mbarnet for wonderful artwork.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: mbarnet artwork from gallery
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: awUj9tr.png

zHnfPg2.png

Forgot to put in footprint images:
    first floor
    X266qe3.png

second floor
    kkSieWG.png

basement
    NJFXpqf.png
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Great builds, everyone! B)<3

Mine is in the gallery. Pictures/entry form coming before the deadline.
    4kkjdXo.png

FORUM ID: SannaJo_Pink

ORIGIN ID: SannaJoPink

LEVEL: This is my first entry =)

SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Isle of Volpe Park lot 50×40 in Henford-on-Bagley

NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/85A4271FA1A311ED87C1A15490F1F0B0?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=&max=50&maxis=false

LOT COST: $5,750 (Isle of Volpe Park lot 50×40)

GALLERY COST: $63,674

TOTAL COST: (Lot cost plus gallery cost) $69,424

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?vanity=sannajopink&set=a.123603190624911

ENTRY DETAILS: My very first entry for this official Build and Share challenge.This lovely cottage was created with room for a growing family--including a large master bedroom, homey living room/kitchen/dining nook and a fully landscaped yard for outdoor fun and family time as well. I hope your sims enjoy living here! Please note: Includes extensive use of debug, unlocks, and MOO, so please have these activated before placing the lot

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Gently <3

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: I did not use downloaded CC in the lot but did use images from the gallery for artwork on the walls--that said, I have created two versions of the lot--one with these various artworks and one without because I couldn't provide a link to it as lots with CC do not show up in the gallery. I'd prefer the lot with the images be used to enter and that's what I made my screenshots with, but provide the link to the "no cc" lot just in case =)

Artwork from the gallery was used from these artists: shanii22, madradmandee, AlJay2000, hootofthesims, tiya33, & MrsBarbiex3

SPACE FOR PICTURES: I'm not sure how to attach pictures here to be honest--I will add two links though!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fn1Npo9WAAUSea2.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fn1Npo8WQAI024g.jpg

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sannajopink

Twitter: https://twitter.com/sannajo_pink

__

I hope I did the links correctly! <3
    edited February 2023
    FORUM ID: coolsim9999999
    ORIGIN ID: coolsim9999999
    LEVEL: Just for Fun
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Potter's Splay in Willow Creek
    NEW LOT LINK:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/38E07BFD9DDF11ED8B545259FFB507B1?category=lots&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=coolsim9999999&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: §2,500
    GALLERY COST: §§67,469
    TOTAL COST: §§69,969
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    https://imgur.com/a/z7m56Mz
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    The Snowflake family has filled their new home with blue and white colors to represent snowflakes, as well as some snowflakes around their unique abode.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NA
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    YxtY3o9.png
    street view
    o7XsVjp.png
    the front porch --- the child is "playing in the rocking chair"
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

@SannaJo_Pink welcome to the BuildnShare thread and thanks for using my artwork in your entry :) I'm not sure about the other artists work that you used, but mine should still show up as not having custom content and you should be able to get a gallery link with it still in your build.
    BNS #169 Winter Designer Showdown is now closed!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    > @AlJay said:
    > @SannaJo_Pink welcome to the BuildnShare thread and thanks for using my artwork in your entry :) I'm not sure about the other artists work that you used, but mine should still show up as not having custom content and you should be able to get a gallery link with it still in your build.

Ah thank you AlJay for your wonderful contributions to making all of my Sims homes so lovely! I love all of your art! I did some testing and it's not all of the artwork, but only some of it. That said, I didn't have time to figure out which was which before the end of the contest as I'd been down and out with Covid the last two weeks! Thank you for letting me know! I intend to test all of it to find artists like you who make works I can use without the CC symbol preventing it showing up in the gallery! <3
    > @SannaJo_Pink said:
    > CHALLENGE #169 - Winter Designer Showdown

>
    > NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/85A4271FA1A311ED87C1A15490F1F0B0?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=&max=50&maxis=false
    >

I apologize! I messed up the link accidentally and the one in the original post does not work! Please forgive me haha here is the updated link that should work =)

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/1AE1ECDEA1A311ED8581A15490F1F0B0?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=sannajopink&max=50&maxis=false
    wNmReDc.png

The young couple who enters your office looks both nervous and determined somehow. You do your best to set them at ease with a friendly smile. “Cone in, sit down,” you say.
    “Thank you. I’m Sandalio Villalobos and this is my fiancee Selene Moon,” the man says in a deep voice. He sits, angling his body to block the sunlight falling through the window. Only once the other chair is in shadow does Selene sit, dodging the spill of sunlight on the floor.
    “What can i do for you?” you ask.
    Selene holds your gaze. “I suppose we should tell you right now, if you agree to help us, you might find yourself unpopular with both Werewolves and Vampires. Neither of our families approve of our relationship or our plan to marry. They don’t understand our love.”
    “Or believe it’s real.” A growl underlies Sandalio’s words.
    Selene squeezes his hand. “Calm down, you can’t go into a fury here,” she whispers.
    “I’ll try.” He looks back at you. “If you’d rather not build us a home, we understand.”
    “Oh, I’m willing to help, don’t worry. What did you have in mind?”
    “Three bedrooms in case we have guests or decide to expand our family someday and a basement,” Selene says.
    “I would like a den with big windows so I can see the outdoors,” Sandalio adds.
    “A man-cave. Or should that be wolf-cave?” Selene smiles at him.
    You nod, making notes. Building a house to meet the needs of two very different clients will be a challenge. Maybe there’s a reason their love is forbidden? But it’s not your place to judge. “Do you have any other requirements?”
    “Just don’t make it shabby. Please. I don’t know where that idea came from,” Sandalio says.
    “And it can’t be in Forgotten Hollow or Moonwood Mill. We both want plenty of trees for privacy,” Selene adds.
    “All right. This should all take about a month. May I ask where you’re staying in the meantime?”
    “With friends. Thank you for your concern,” Sandalio replies.
    You nod and see them out, already planning their home.

The brief:
    Budget:125,000
    The house should have three bedrooms and at least one bath.
    Include a den for Sandalio.
    Build a basement that would suit both a werewolf and a vampire.
    Landscaping should include plenty of trees to screen the house from view.

The sim challenge:
    Create Sandalio Villalobos and Selene Moon. Pick their traits, preferences and aspirations. Remember to screenshot all their outfits. Show them enjoying their new home. Note: Don’t worry if you don’t have the packs, just use your imagination. CC is allowed.

The room challenge: Create Sandalio and Selene’s basement. Budget: 20,000

Remember to include the hashtag #bns170 with your build or it will not be judged! Entries are due by Tuesday, February 28th, 23:5:59 New York Time/EST.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Does it need to have exactly three bedrooms?
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
    Does it need to have exactly three bedrooms?

The minimum is three. So if you think the budget can fit more, go for it.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Hello I was wondering if there is a lot size we are meant to use? Or did I miss that somewhere in the brief?
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    lisa17ann wrote: »
    Hello I was wondering if there is a lot size we are meant to use? Or did I miss that somewhere in the brief?

Unless specified in the brief, you can use whatever lot size you want as long as you have enough space for all requirements.
    image.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top