Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NRass Favourites

MadDoctor61MadDoctor61 Posts: 414 Member
Am I ever glad I've saved a list of my NRass settings. I just had to replace my computer. It seems to be moving over okay, but now I need to set up my NRass mods the way I want them. The Word Perfect document is 14 pages long. It took me 3 hours to put them all in.

I am very thankful for:
NRass > Overwatch > Immediate > Export Settings > {All but SP} > “NRassSettings”
NRass > SP > General Options > Export Settings > “SPSettings”

The above situation prompted this thread. There are some I really like, though most are generic. I'd like to know what your favs are and how to set them up. The rest of us may want to try them.

Some of my favourites are:

Get rid of paparazzi
NRaas > Register > Global Roles > Allow Paparazzi > False
NRaas > Register > Global Roles > Maximum Paparazzi> 0

Disable University Mascot (I hate the Mascot)
General > By Tunable XML > Sims3.Gameplay.Situations > MascotIntroSituation
- kCameraCenterOnLotTime = 0
- kDoCameraZoom = False
- kGlobalMascotTimeout = 100000
- kHoursToIdle = 0.01
- kHoursToWaitForGreet = 0.01
- kInitialWaitTime = 1000000

Reduce Imaginary Friend Dolls
(Getting them every time is annoying - this makes them special)
General > By Tunable XML >
- Sims3.Gameplay.ActorSystems > OccultImaginaryFriend
- kChanceToGetImaginaryDollsOnChildBirth > 0.05

Comments

• MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 373 Member
    edited January 2023
    The majority of sim related content with mastercontroller.

I already have specific traits, skills, lifetime rewards, and even minor things like Alma maters in mind for my sims. I can add hidden traits to already created sims in game without downloading another mod that makes them visible in CAS. If I want my sim to have a specific skill or maybe I want them to unlearn or forget a skill, I can do that with the skill level section. Sometimes I want a lifetime reward from the beginning for RP purposes and I can just use mastercontroller to add the exact amount of points I need to purchase. Maybe my sim didn't graduate from community school, but Smuggsworth academy?

I have a lot more control over these aspects of my sims that would otherwise be random, or could only be achieved through a 2nd generation. It's more customization options outside of CAS. Not to mention if you play the Sims a ton like I have, you've probably already accomplished certain things legimately and might want to skip to the point the next time around.