Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• _Gina_Gina Posts: 253 Member
    @GalacticGal
    Well, did you like the experience? It sure made for a very fun chapter!

Also, please be warned. Today's chapter has hints of Bob's possible (past?) problems with juice. Not sure if it even warrants a warning, but better safe than sorry, right?

Today, Eliza woke up and the memories came back just as she was getting dressed. By the time she was done, she was seeing red.
    GqYk7yG.png
    How dare he? How even dare that man?!? Here she was, being a good wife to him. She would not divorce him, she would not cheat on him, she did what she could to try and get him to live like an adult, not an overgrown toddler in a perpetual tantrum... even tried to introduce him to new things. Granted, she did think marrying him was a mistake, mostly borne out of her own crippling fear of not being able to find a partner... but she would never even say that out loud! She might yell at Bob when he got on her nerves too much but she would never, has never, even complained about him to anyone! Not even Blossom! And he thought she would...!!! She could not even think it. Did he not realize... did he not appreciate a single one of the things she did for him? The things she gave up to honor this blasted commitment?

The more she thought about it, the angrier she became. Shouting did not help. She could feel her heart hammering, a headache coming up... and then, at once, something came over her as if she were an overwhelmed servo and she just shut down. Between one breath and another, she calmed down.
    JWeopdM.png
    Fine. Okay. She's been blind, she'd been stupid. Fine. She was going to make a change. Not a drastic one, she did still care about her image, but if her husband was completely incapable... or unwilling... to realize that she did - no had - cared about him... well, what was the point then, right? She would no longer try, it took way too much energy anyway. No, from now on, Eliza was going to focus on herself.

And she started fulfilling that resolution right that morning.
    OMzKyBe.png
    She did some grocery shopping, made her own breakfast as she sometimes did and more importantly - completely ignored Bob having cookies for breakfast. Really. He will accuse her of trying to get rid of him? While trying this valiantly to ruin his own health? Whatever. She was done with and over this nonsense.

Bob, for his part, was just glad he didn't get nagged that morning. If Eliza wanted to give him the silent treatment this time instead of chewing his ear off like always, she was welcome to it. Watcher give it would last! He actually felt like doing something today. He was supposed to be at work, but that was fine. He had tons of vacation days saved up because he usually rather went to work than not, so he could take one no problem.
    qhFhbc7.png

And what would he do with it? Well, it was the Finchwick fair!
    6O7cLNF.png
    The unpleasant part of going there was that he had to pass the pub. In the afternoon, the place was already busy and the scents of different, new and interesting dishes floated all around... but Bob could not go in. He knew he would want some juice. He knew it would actually lift his mood. Like nothing else ever did. And that was the problem. Nope, better stick to food. It did the job, too, even if not as well. He walked past and to the stalls quickly.

KuGHXon.png
    Fresh produce, that was what he was talking about. Some fruits, some veggies (they were bland alone, but could give nice extra tastes)... lots of things he could mash or slice and mix and put into little jars full of flavors.

And since he did not want to stay after that, he went back by way of the city and stopped by a food stall there. Discovering all the flavors of that place's cuisine was one of the few things that could actually hold his interest.
    YH2AGH1.png
    He got back home kind of late, but it really wasn't for him, used as he is to a caterer's nocturnal schedule. So he wasted no time and got to his experimenting and his canning right away.
    ZsjtRbx.png
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,959 Member
    Another chapter! Also, Peter is considered a B-List Celebrity. I've got the fame perk that allows him to gain fame through his job and skills. Note: "lift" is what Americans would call an elevator. And yes, that is Nancy Landgrabb that Caroline confronts!

Chapter Sixteen: Fame Ascending

3uZ6arr.jpg
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member
    edited January 2023
    "....and listen, if you're fishing and you think you've accidentally hooked a mermaid?? Just bury your fishing pole and start running! Pretend you were out for a jog!"

Rory is always captivated by "Old Lady" Lily's wise words.

37GWNEP.png
  • Simexpert123Simexpert123 Posts: 809 Member
    Chapter 11: A Party
    "So, what do you think?" Melissa asked me and Bridgette about her modeling opportunity. Bridgette and I glanced at each other, than back at Mel.
    "I say you should take it." Said Bridgette.
    "Me too." I agreed.
    uxvb3zx9x9bb.png
    Melissa looked unsure. "I don't know.. I really don't want to leave Willow Creek and my best friends."
    "Mel, this is a good offer!" I said. "Take it!"
    She sighed. "I will call the agency tomorrow and see what they think. That will also give me time to think it over." She arose from the table and vanished into her room. Bridgette looked at me; "I wonder if she'll go for it..."
    I shrugged. "Don't know. I hope so for the sake of her career."
    "Hi, this is Melissa Burden. Um.. Is this SimVogue Modeling Agency?... Oh!.. Okay! Yes..."
    6udnxye6hhiy.png
    Melissa stayed on the phone for a good hour with the agency.
    "Alright. Oh, thank you! Monday? Okay. Alright... Goodbye!"
    4dgmet7p1pxh.png
    kmy0z4gy4mei.png
    She grinned as she hung up and quickly darted in my room.
    "I got the job!" She squealed.
    "That's wonderful!" I smiled. "Which city are you modeling in?"
    "Well, right now Brindleton Bay. Then hopefully more. Can I use your computer? I'm leaving in two days!"
    "Two days?!"
    "Yeah, I know." She sighed. "I was hoping for more time to prepare, but..."
    "Wow. Uh, yeah you can use my computer."
    o4j24lh358b1.png
    Melissa started looking at apartments in Brindleton Bay, as I sat on my bed, patiently waiting for her to tell me more details about her job.
    She turned off my computer and sighed. "Boy, am I going to miss living here.." A sudden sad expression appeared on her face, as she looked around the room. "I won't be coming back for two months.. So that means I'll be partly living there..."
    "We're going to miss you too, Mel." I said sincerely.
    "I wish I didn't have to leave. Maybe I shouldn't of taken the job-"
    "Hey," I interrupted, placing my hands on her shoulders. "You're a great model. I remember when we were younger you always dreamed of being a supermodel. This is your ambition."
    Her frown turned into a smile. "Thanks Tori." We both hugged.
    sa8ggg6ekexc.png
    "I better tell Gavin about this," Melissa ran into her room and called Gavin. I sat back at my desk and looked up at the painting above. Suddenly, and idea hit me! I had to tell Bridgette about it!
    51zhomeye2xp.png
    Bridgette was outside, doing yard work. "Hey!" I yelled.
    "Hey!" She waved back. I hurried over to her.
    "I had an idea. By the way, Melissa got the job!"
    "Really?! Awesome! Where?!"
    "Brindleton Bay. She is leaving in two days!"
    "What!?... whoa.. I'm going to miss her being here..."
    "Me too." I paused, then remembering my idea. "Oh! My idea was that we throw her a party, kind of like a "Goodbye Party" or something."
    Bridgette thought for a minute. "That is a good idea! I think she would like that!"
    "Since she is leaving in two days, how about we throw one today?"
    "Hmm.. that does seem like a short notice, don't you think?"
    "I guess you're right.. Tomorrow then! Yeah, that's perfect! I'll go to the store and buy some decorations and food." Bridgette nodded in agreement.
    "Can you promise me one thing, Bridgette?"
    "What is it?"
    "Don't tell Melissa about this. I want it to be a surprise."
    "Deal." We both giggled and discussed further party plans. The "Goodbye Party" would be at 7pm tomorrow. I invited everyone we knew and bought some décor and food. Thankfully, Melissa didn't seem to notice when I was bringing in "groceries". We were able to decorate while she was out with a friend the next afternoon. Only a few hours until the party!
    "I just thought of something," Bridgette started, as she opened up a package of balloons. "What if Melissa comes home and sees this? It's only 4 o'clock, y'know."
    "Let's just hope she takes forever at the restaurant." I said. Bridgette shrugged and started blowing up balloons, while I was balancing on the kitchen counter, hanging up a sign that said "Congratulations!" on it.
    "Done." Bridgette sighed, as she tied the last balloon up.
    "Okay. I'm done with this sign to. Next is the food." While making the snacks, I had realized we only had some Christmas stands for the food.. well, it's better than nothing! I thought.
    z3lerhehp5vw.png
    "This party is going to be interesting.." Bridgette commented.
    I chuckled. "It is the thought that counts," I said. I grabbed the cake out of the fridge that I secretly made last night while Melissa was sleeping, and placed it on the table, slowly adding more food that we would make over the course of an hour. We put our outfits on, turned music on, and waited for the guests' and Melissa to show up...
    Around 7:15, most of the guests arrived. I checked out the window at 7:25 and Melissa had gotten back!
    "She's coming!" I announced to everybody.

Melissa opened the door and gaped. "Oh my gosh! What is this?!" She squealed.
    "We threw a party for you!" I grinned. "Do you like it?"
    She looked around the room and smiled. "I love it. But why?"
    "Well, we wanted to throw you a celebration for your new job." Bridgette piped in.
    Mel placed a hand on her heart and smiled. "Aww. Thanks guys." She exchanged hugs with us.
    zgqyvwvm6ygi.png
    sssm7g55hksn.png
    "Hi... Oh hi!... thanks for coming!" I laughed, when she was happily greeting each guest.
    j5t3mw04yjpy.png
    By 7:30, all of the guests' showed up and everyone chatted away and congratulated Mel on her new job.
    i4k9u9g0dcdu.png
    Don approached me at the party. "Hey, nice party! Was this your idea?" He winked.
    "Yes." I replied, rather proudly.
    "It's going to be weird that she isn't going to live anymore, right?"
    "I know." I sighed. "She will definitely be missed here.."
    o5thd843ph7a.png
    The party was a Massive success! Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves, even Yogi. Who was on top of the fridge the whole time.
    wau79n1ymkrw.png
    And most importantly, Melissa was beaming the whole time...
    hadschgz5jg1.png

(I hope everyone has enjoyed! :smile: Until next time!)
    edited January 2023
    While Bob was out shopping yesterday, Eliza made some arrangements of her own.
    She went through the listings of plots for sale and found out one was up in Pendula View. That place, the Hallow Slough, was once supposed to become a garden or a secondary park, something to that effect... but the plans never went through. So Eliza made the necessary calls, sent the money over and just bought the land. Now today, she took her cart over there and the effect was immediate.
    3OXpwRw.png
    She was taken by complete surprise by how many sims showed up. She was having a great time, enjoying the way business was moving... but unfortunately, things just could not go entirely smoothly. It would seem that not everyone stopped buy out of an interest in her wares.
    YdLxfrM.png
    Well, excuse her! Now, Eliza did realize some sims would consider that kind of greeting perfectly polite, but so far as she was concerned, the polite thing to do was for a tourist to check at least the basics of local customs! And she sure wasn't afraid to give the guy a piece of her mind.
    zQpEdqa.png

She did close shop in the afternoon, though, since the workers were finished with installing her newest purchase in the garden shed and she was eager to try it out.
    mswBrGr.png
    The machine seemed a bit complicated, but she was told that it should not break and all the parts that needed cleaning and maintenance were easily accessible. Better yet, stomping all around the fruit press was a lot of fun. Eliza felt like a little girl in the sandbox again!
    sf3inwi.png
    The finished product was... passable. Not something Eliza would feel comfortable selling, yet, but it certainly was drinkable and she knew there were a few books detailing the finer points of the process and what to pay attention to, so she hoped she could improve significantly.
    FZl1Cz6.png

After such a successful day, Eliza felt like a celebration was in order so she invited a few sims over for a dinner party.
    O1KS2jo.png
    Blossom, of course, and also Elias since it was his idea in the first place and a few acquaintances she hoped to get to know better, as well. It was a fun little gathering. Could have been better if they had some drinks, but... well. What can you do. Food and music and jokes still made for a nice evening.
    N64cV26.png
    There was a tense moment when Bella Goth took some of the wild stories Elias was telling literally and she started making the "you actually spend time with this kinda person?" type of scene...
    T48cojo.png
    ...but luckily everyone else took them for the joke they obviously were. Note to self: "Bella Goth is a stick in the mud, do not invite next time."
    lUsqwlW.png

Eta: That finishes the week with the Pancakes and I plan to go back to the Goth household next time. Spooky time upcoming! ;D
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,811 Member
    @_Gina Seeing Eliza stomping grapes I couldn't help myself. If I see someone grape stomping I always think of the classic I Love Lucy skit and I could easily see Eliza getting into the same fight. Lucille Ball's skits are timeless. For anybody who doesn't know what I'm talking about.
    https://youtu.be/Q0Xrd49_EiA?t=80

I have a freshly brewed pot of vanilla hazelnut coffee and it's time to go get my story finished.
    @DaniRose2143 Tee-Hee! The video is unavailable, but the thumbnail is hilarious on its own. XD
    @_Gina I never thought about the clip not being available everywhere. You would think in 2023 anybody should be able to watch any video from anywhere on earth. I can't believe these companies still block people from watching a funny little video clip.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    @Lucy_Henley Loved it, especially the bit about the backfire of her magic powers! So funny. I liked how she stood up to the intrusive fan. Even Sir Paul McCartney who is quite congenial, got upset at those who decided to lurk near his farm in Scotland. Stars are people, first. We all need to remember that. Delightful chapter. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    Thanks @GalacticGal !
    She didn’t actually get annoyed with Nancy, but it’s more fun story-wise to pretend she did :D She’s got a Pristine reputation and the Incredibly Friendly reward trait so she’s able to befriend people pretty much instantly. But your point is still a relevant one!
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    edited January 2023
    Parental love!
    Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish were all downstairs They had just finished taking the Christmas decorations down. Shine smiled and gave her offspring great, big, loving and warm hugs:
    c18ed7e00c6d64ef41d86db98202bfa2dd601bea.png
    faba4c8921c5b755fca5f17d98f538e695401187.png
    799aaa940034a03fc85c9bfe429a99d1bd118219.png
    And she gave each of them a very great, big, loving smooch on their cheeks:
    9bba0251653d9cb266a9a9322b11ba3369fd609c.png
    b8f24c6dbb8d3c3fb5f997d96d526a85e89576bb.png
    7a4f2235536b51c9518a1ef2200a5afa6562d709.png
    Benjamin came over and gave them a loving cuddle:
    5decd5e2801aa1523790d850cc3e48f1e7e93f73.png
    dec86d36dd8f581ac7c03373afb662b98802bb94.png
    dc89197c2d89471cf5b1ce4ec454fb934811b9e7.png
    Shine and Benjamin loved their three children a lot.
    A bucket load of kitten affection, Yoga and pillow fights!
    Princess Roddy went upstairs into his bedroom and gave his kitten a lot of attention:
    af0a830e0295c81e9e6d13bc2cc6c087184de5b2.png
    c503caa84bea4c38f5716700e3db31caad52f6a8.png
    e980b262a404fa6cc99cb76495d29d260906860a.png
    9ffb03a8b745918be114bb709c826f4386484cfd.png
    8a5ce87275f8e1892ea5a65c7604deb7f1f543f9.png
    Meanwhile, Shelly Heart did some yoga:
    382ce627c92f37f845e2dc12d1179e8488ad64ab.png
    5653facbee77f9b9533ea7c1fb62fca779c6cf09.png
    ab024de70c936636640805371aae21a8e6b05855.png
    And then she had a friendly pillow fight with her sister, Shine Furystrykar:
    ec44072c0c066fb4b0206d39b83094c4b872ddd1.png
    bdaa54c3b88010fe0703f7bc8c51c9af56a02056.png
    f0b06cc1049fbe82977879c031326ee381280be9.png
    1727d956a4a14c08fba8a0e7aaca9d64a382d6d2.png
    aa83fbc9c708d13b2c8dbed3ed7e5c1c31e59ce1.png
    The two sisters had fun! Afterwards, Shelly went downstairs and prepared a special drink for Eachann:
    e1ba5b6bd6b96c9658c2cfbb8ec106d5665ade2e.png
    Which he drank:
    08be454a58b245ce988b485b547895f86a1c512a.png
    Eachann purred happily. Shelly gently picked up her eldest nephew's kitten and gave him a loving smooch:
    777de783a2ef366f0a98db5c589b26e367c432d0.png
    Shelly then brought Eachann into her room and showered him with more affection:
    3d7b295fae967f396ee972a94629893655065720.png
    b91cc9c0c707f3488ad178b5f1e72e8be989c83c.png
    e833f20e239cd9514bab762f41c7c77ba6a3f572.png
    6a31f66be7d02a1b5e0fa484a84491f4caf72f87.png
    Eachann was content.
    Auntie Shelly's affection.
    Princess Roddy went into Shelly's bedroom. His aunt smiled and gave him a great, big, loving hug:
    2562fe2c43a74a8e3c876fc697bf039b3b9202f9.png
    Shelly then gave the princess a very great, big, loving smooch on his cheek:
    8cbe236ea640cb206391ead0298fdb666ec19036.png
    'Looking forward to your usual trip to Selvadorada in spring, my adorable little cutie pie?' Shelly asked:
    1290889850290052058a157b06ed01f10e47608a.png
    'I am, auntie Shelly! I can't wait to trek through the jungle with mummy!' Princess Roddy replied excitedly:
    7a123e87899057458d7b8683d644e6cfbcaa0323.png
    'That's good to hear, Roddy!' Shelly said, cheerfully. She then made a funny face, and the princess burst out laughing:
    4f1fe81e4bdda8e712a48e2abf1b1260829e97e7.png
    Shelly gave Princess Roddy a very great, big, loving snuggle:
    ef5a03cfaa205db572dd488fd0c0d0c7001ae9f5.png
    Princess Roddy smiled. He then chatted with his beloved aunt.
    A quick cuddle, and saying hello to Agatha Crumplebottom!
    Princess Roddy found Eachann sleeping soundly:
    be1f7cab093c32b2d1b3a97e96d70aca6ce0041f.png
    He decided to do some knitting to pass the time. Later, his kitten woke up. 'Hello Eachann, had a nice sleep, my adorable floofball?' Princess Roddy asked his kitten. Eachann purred:
    89d4f2e1a90a89c85335f5bb4ccc184b91df4053.png
    The princess smiled and picked his kitten up, giving him a gentle kiss:
    4ca0661c47610522d850e3dce5808bf9297bc9d6.png
    3109dbedc5ec04e2951b5eda222407dfd92f659e.png
    Later in the morning, he visited Finchwick. Agatha Crumplebottom was tending her garden stall:
    e99634f7b8c251dd0c55846534ad4e39e2790b05.png
    She smiled as she saw Princess Roddy. She gave him a great, big, loving hug:
    6adb6315f7154f67f315269077c700282d5fdc85.png
    'Hello Agatha!' the princess said, smiling. 'Hello, sugarplum! How's Eachann?' Agatha asked. 'Eachann's doing well!' Princess Roddy replied, cheerfully. 'That's good to hear, Princess Roddy!' Agatha said, smiling. She batted her eyelashes and made a very great, big kissy face at the princess, which made him giggle:
    f7ea73caf02e7fce6f9ebca7edffa2ea364c1480.png
    Agatha then gave Princess Roddy a very great, big, loving smooch on his cheek:
    2a42ef0eec2ba159a2b4c833376d1a3190b07664.png
    And another great, big, loving hug:
    386e8c5f2ac90161ed3074f77a56b1aedd86f688.png
    The pair then chatted to each other:
    8fa6304b59578be270e34fc858fcf9f9156b603b.png
    75024bd712d346f65553e89acbe70f272231495a.png
    After purchasing some gardening supplies, Princess Roddy said goodbye and went back to Dianthus Hall.
    A hand and foot massage!
    Shelly gave Shine a loving hug:
    0bae041bd8a8a8efbf012497f76d2af4056682d5.png
    After chatting, Shelly gave her sister a hand massage:
    dcd6c16465735bee0ae54bec1481d67e360bd7cd.png
    f7ae5ae5cf3c5c228311b72e5a1f3286c482ce2d.png
    465abdf166c2d81a07ca5aab3115ad27a6039301.png
    And a foot massage:
    31e00ebcc5a8d64762f07d510210e6b4da3b8c97.png
    20354927b6ee9f88122bb57397137820e2217caa.png
    fca3447d2edd0594239952d26319214f2de9c437.png
    e5556f3b6a32ed71e93c1188784ce4644c4b32ac.png
    Shine felt happy. She gave her sister a great, big, loving hug:
    e827e486a0e7496feb83bea6b5deccfaa2fb29a3.png
    The two sisters then chatted to each other:
    4bbe7954700183608377e08cf4e97a69b3f21cae.png
    daf341607d01741082fe9e27fbe882726f1eb904.png
    77409df0ef6279f7991c7dd9f8a1f63d9c96ade1.png
    The pair were best friends as well as sisters.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
    @ChuChuExpress I know I’ve said this before but I love the affection all your characters show each other! Living in the Furystrykar household sounds like a lot of fun!
    @Lucy_Henley
    Thank you!

I really need to sort out the lighting in Shelly Heart's relaxation room. There's nothing subtle about those subtle saucer lights.
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
    The latest chapter of Under The Tartosan Sun is finally done!

TXXTwA9.png

Under The Tartosan Sun: Chapter Thirty Four
    @DaniRose2143,
    So that's what the wedding firework batteries and the Morgyn army was for!
    Let those smiles spread!
    edited January 2023
    @ChuChuExpress The army of Morgyn's, the thread about how to start a fire instantly was all for this. Here's a fun tidbit. The firefighter you see extinguishing the flames is none other than the original, authentic Morgyn. Hey, he started it, he should be the one to put it out.😉
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    Awesome Updates everyone!

I haven’t had a lot of time for gameplay that will clear up a few loose ends, but I would expect multiple updates soon!

@BlueSeaWaves I really love your build on page 1083. Also, as always, I’m excited to see someone else’s take on merfolk!
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,404 Member
    Very nice updates everyone! Enjoying the stories and updates 😃
    @DaniRose2143
    P.1083 Thanks! The yellow sky was ominous, made sure to pass initiatives to clear it up. Haha Aeri’s uniform at first had me thinking its not bad, but then oh no, its bad. It’s good back and forth thought. Olivia won’t be stirring any drama, not on Senna’s watch😁
    Take your time, don’t rush yourself for a deadline. Awesome find! Hospital Central Universitario exterior looks 100x better than the GTW hospital. P.1084 Oo I like Dr. Crystals name. Great to hear some patients will be allowed to go home soon as well. The hospital looks nicely decorated, the amount of detail is very impressive. P.1085 lmao that skit is hilarious🤣 Looks very juicy too. 😟😨 The firefighters are brave going in! Oh thank goodness they’re all safe! Dr. Miltons appearance seems short, but great nonetheless. Ahh Sweet reunions 🥰 “I thought I knew how much I loved you. I realize now I love you even more than I thought possible.” Very lovely line. The sunset is as beautiful as ever. Everyone with their loved ones and all together ❤️ Another wedding in the future😃 Haha Danielle had Darian figured out, she’s a romance novelist 😉😂 Looking forward to the proposal! Overall great chapter and writing. Perfect ending to a scary start!
    @Karababy52
    P.1083 Gingers tattoo looks awesome blending with her tail. Her shell collection and aquarium looks great. Amazing remodel of the house!
    @Brd709
    P.1083 Woah, your simself’s father in law is the worst! Forcing him to close the bakery. Is the “Custody of Elena’s child” relationship from a mod? Never seen that one before.
    @Ellupelluellu
    Haven’t heard Babs L’amours name in so long, miss seeing her around.
    @Mightysprite
    P.1083 Thanks! I thought about having weddings for travels, but I think I’ll go with Winterfest. Haven’t had any weddings with MWS and I’m a bit intimated to try😅
    @_Gina
    P.1083 Thanks for the info. Blossom seems likes a blessing for Eliza. P.1085 Eliza looks like she’s having fun with the fruit press.
    @Kerrigan
    P.1084 Haha look away Alika! Lmao at Rory telling Vlad to back off Moonwood Mill. P.1085 lmao, “Just bury your fishing pole and start running!”🤣
    @ChuChuExpress
    P.1084 Eachann looks so adorable in Harmony’s arms. His expression “Oh boy” is hilarious. Lmao Harmony pulled out a frying pan from the trash 🤣 Haha Benjamin with the cups of tea is literally me. Once I have a cup, I want more😂 P.1085 Love Roddy’s excitement to go to El Salvadorada.
    @Lyrie
    P.1084 Aw the kids enjoying the food at the table. Oo looks like everyone had fun at the youth festival. Haven’t experienced it myself, it looks fun!
    @GalacticGal
    P.1084 Erik loves performing and its great to see him doing what he does best☺️ Great album cover! 17 best songs! Very impressive Erik, Congratulations!
    @Simexpert123
    P.1084 Great that Melissa got the job! Sad she’ll be leaving her best friends, but what a great opportunity. Aww they threw her a party! Lol Yogi on the fridge the whole time 😂
    @Metior_Ice
    P.1085 Thank you! I spent days trying to figure that build out😅 Looking forward to your mersim updates!
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,404 Member
    Continuing with Colette's adventure back home:
    Julie and Colette continued walking towards their destination. They stopped at the bridge so that Julie could answer Colette’s questions. She asked how everyone was doing. Julie had a good feeling that by “everyone” she mostly meant Aaron and Nora.mcSSE6z.png
    Hearing that they were well brought a smile to her face. ziaOQJX.png Funny thing, for some reason I checked on the little kid in the background and it turns out him and Julie have a bad relationship. Cracked me up, how could Julie have a bad relation with him?😭 oRmaqYw.png “So I’ve told you about everyone, are you in the slightest bit curious about what happened to Landgraab and her associates?” Julie asked her. Colette feigned not knowing what she was talking about. J2t30eB.png “They’re currently being held without bail, waiting for their trial. Can’t imagine they’ll be found innocent” Julie added. “What’s that have to do with me?” Colette asked, continuing with the act. BdOgEWo.png Julie ignored her act and simply said Warner became a wreck when he found out about Aslan. Colette groaned, “how much do you guys know?” She wasn’t expecting anyone to find out about her working for them. LPLBEz9.png Julie continued walking and stopped coincidentally in front of the house that Aslan brought Colette to. “He was beginning to believe you left him for that guy” she started to explain. Colette quickly realized where they were and promised to tell her everything just as long as they continue walking before anyone could spot them. fzqZhS3.png Julie didn’t bring up Aslan or Nancy again, atleast not while they were still in Glimmerbroke. They had the whole car ride to talk about them and Colette’s involvement with them. It wasn’t long after that they reached the car that Julie rented. fr74fBe.png Reaching San Myshuno took a couple of hours. They still had hours left for their flight to Del Sol Valley. Colette wanted to borrow Julie’s phone to call Warner but Julie didn’t let her. “Why ruin the surprise? Besides he’s working right now and I’m his boss. He better not be taking personal calls.” Julie stated and instead texted her husband. “Seriously?” Colette just stared at her. vm8u5Ey.png Julie entered the nearby karaoke bar. With time left to waste, she wanted a drink. She invited Colette to join her but instead Colette chose to wait outside. xmloxr4.png

With an hour to go Julie found Colette on a bench. She knew she had no right to ask for Colette’s forgiveness for being absent her entire childhood and adolescence or for even threatening her to return Aaron. Julie had come to accept that there was no way their relationship would ever be on good terms, but with Colette’s absence it had become something she had regretted. She hoped in coming to retrieve her their relationship would become better, even if it were by a tiny amount. When she saw Colette sitting she thought of a joke that Aaron told her. She tried telling it to her to lighten the mood. Honestly we both weren’t expecting this😳 She punched Colette in the arm, trying to tell a joke😭 “Ow, what was that for?”(Both their reactions cracked me up) JeltJ1n.png
    Julie quickly apologized. Colette questioned why would she even punch her. CPqqnTU.png Their flight time arrived and the two arrived to Del Sol Valley by 9pm. Colette was happy as can be when they stepped foot off the cab. Ic9q0e7.png She asked Julie if she was interested in coming inside to see Nora before heading back home, but Julie hesitated. She needed some rest since she was working in the morning. With the exception of getting punched in the arm, Colette thought the trip back her was better than she expected. After telling Julie, how she met and worked for Nancy Landgraab, she was expecting some snarky comment from her but instead she was understanding almost. Before parting ways, Colette thanked her for bringing her home. beICPST.png As Colette walked up the steps, she was about to ring the doorbell when Warner opened the door. He welcomed her home. mKbAzsD.png Warner hugged her tightly. 4041019.png Immediately entering the house Colette went to check on Nora. Looks like Nora was happy to see her too. pKo1nn2.png Just hugging her, was the highlight of her day. PDKJEU5.png The following morning Colette made herself breakfast after checking on Nora. It felt good to be back home. k0O5gqs.png Unfortunately the good feeling didn’t last long. When Warner woke up he found her in the living room. He had an hour left before going to work. He didn’t waste time and quickly asked her “Why’d you leave with Aslan?” cpuu9fA.png
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,071 Member
    edited January 2023
    @Brd709
    P.1083 Woah, your simself’s father in law is the worst! Forcing him to close the bakery. Is the “Custody of Elena’s child” relationship from a mod? Never seen that one before.

Thank you! I had a great time writing Elena's exit and watching it play out in game. Yes, the "Custody of Elena's child" relationship is from the Relationship and Pregnancy mod (aka WooHoo Wellness) Module 10.

edited January 2023
    @BlueSeaWaves Thank you so much!
    That was a challenging chapter to set up and a fun one to write. Liberty and Summer learned a lot about their feelings for Matteo and Darian from that experience. They knew they loved them before, but the not knowing if they would ever see them again, the fear of losing the guys really showed them how much they truly love them. The experience had a bigger emotional impact on Darian than it did on Matteo. It's not anything against Matteo, he is a very sensitive man, but he's more...mature than Darian at this point. Becoming wealthy as young as Darian and his buddies at University did with their Dotcom and indulging in childish stunts for fame on the internet slowed down Darian's growing up. Falling in love with Summer and being around her and the rest of the group really woke him up to the fact that he needed to commit to being the adult he is. Being so close to an event that could have been deadly made him see that he isn't invincible and everything could be snatched away in the blink of an eye. For Danielle and Londyn it was seeing the anguish their friends were going through and then thinking what if it was them. I think it will make them even closer emotionally, as if they could be any closer then they already were.

There is a real similarity between Julie and Colette's emotions after Colette disappeared and what Liberty, Summer, and Darian just went through. The fear for Colette made her realize she needed to change and that she wants to change. Or at least that's how it appears. It also showed her that through it all she really did love Colette in her own way. Oh Warner, no, no, no. Don't think like that and mess up a good thing now that you're making such good progress.
    Post edited by DaniRose2143 on
    @BlueSeaWaves,
    Toddlers pulling random objects out of random places is one of the things that I don't understand. What made it stranger was Harmony pulled that out of the nanomachine trash can! Do they have powers of repairing objects eaten by the mighty nanomachine trash can?

As for Benjamin and his Bee Tea obsession, I honestly thought he would stop at the first cup! Nope, he didn't.
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Simexpert123Simexpert123 Posts: 809 Member
    @BlueSeaWaves Thanks! :)
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Here's an update for my mermaid Ginger Gentry doing an R2R IL Collections challenge. :)
    ivoJSoC.png
    Now that Ginger is a Mermaid, she has some perks available to her. One of them is deep sea diving for treasure without the need of any special breathing equipment. It's been awhile since I played with Merfolk, but I seem to recall she supposedly can't drown either. Which makes sense.

APHKbR9.png
    Good luck Ginger!

01zzKRJ.png
    She made five trips and came up empty handed each time. Bummer...

V8aLpIg.png
    There's a treasure tool she can purchase, but it's too expensive for her budget right now. She'll have to stick to beachcombing and fishing for the time being. However, she did purchase the diving knife needed when looking for seashells. Ginger still needs a few, most importantly the Conch shell.

LJJxKBg.png
    Speaking of the Conch shell, apparently she has one! It doesn't count for the collection though. It's a special, magical Conch shell that only appears when summoned by Merfolk. Ginger will keep searching for another one to physically display. I mistakenly thought Merfolk needed the shell in their pocket to take advantage of some of their perks.

lrPOP8l.png
    She used the shell to cast an aquatic lure to entice and hopefully catch the illusive Royal Swordfish and rare Golden Mahi Mahi.

LM4v9Hj.png
    Ginger caught a number of other fish, most of them small, but a few larger. She knew there was at least one Royal Swordfish in this spot since it jumped numerous times as if taunting her. Almost looks like it's laughing, eh?

5SPfE2J.png
    As the sun began to set the sky alight with color, Ginger decided to try fishing in a spot near her home. She didn't bother to try an aquatic lure here, it wasn't needed.

NtCoSHl.png
    She sensed there was magic surrounding her already.

jWcvrNn.png
    Whether magic or angling skill, Ginger finally caught a Golden Mahi Mahi. Normally she would've released the rare resident of the Sulani seas to live another day. However, she did plan to keep it alive in an aquarium. At least for a little while longer. One day Ginger would release all the fish she'd caught and kept alive back to the sea.

(She really can't do that. I wish Sims could though, it would be a really nice feature in my opinion.)

iW8JMTp.png
    Ginger went to bed after catching the Golden Mahi Mahi and tried again the next morning to catch the Royal Swordfish. She spent until the middle of the afternoon patiently angling, but never did catch one. She caught several Parrot fish though. I think this type of fish is the most beautiful of all.

yh26aDQ.png
    Since she was hungry and could travel anywhere on the islands now, Ginger went to the local Sand Bar & Bowl in Ohan'ali Town to get a bite to eat. Maybe she'd make some new friends while there as well.

Surprisingly, Malcomb Landgraab was the bartender today. He's never taken that job before in my game. At least that I can remember. Don't get any ideas Ginger, he's a vampire and married with three kids. However, if you befriend him, maybe he can help you convince his fish poaching wife to give up her ways. ;)

jf5DB4Q.png
    Ginger was starving and ended up eating three plates of Hummus and Pita as the afternoon waned into twilight. She was kind of hoping to meet some guys here, maybe someone special. However, besides Malcom, the only other guy there was an elder using the one decrepit desktop the bar provided for it's patrons to use. All the other patrons were ladies.

That fact would change very soon after the bartender announced it was Guys Night. Perhaps she should stick around for a little while longer? What do you think my beautiful denizen of the deep, are you feeling lucky? We shall see... :)

@BlueSeawaves
    Thank you for your sweet comments about Ginger's tattoo, her partial collections and the brothers' house remodel. Very much appreciated! <3 For the past two years, I haven't had time to keep up with very many stories of others, so unfortunately I don't have a clue what's going on in yours. However, I did read this last chapter which I found intriguing. You're a good writer and I love the first screenshot of the bridge. Absolutely beautiful! :)

Happy Simming! <3
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    @BlueSeaWaves Nice to see Julie and Colette mending fences, at least a little bit. As for Warner,
    he should remember they've both done things not to be proud of, and be at least a bit gentle!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top