Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do your sims brush their teeth ?

Do your sims brush their teeth ? 206 votes

Everyday
18%
bshag4lvLeGardePourpreGalacticGalSamadamsPlayerbandit5dreamergrl84mcruddPaigeisin5notetoself00xAjaGiowylmite1986loubylouloualanmichael1DarkLady2788Katiardguezskybird14Meela_PashtTeeSeas_stutlerjoleaco 39 votes
Sometimes
56%
crocobauraBluegayleauroraael14GoldmoldarJadeleineJaiSeaRayneCharleyIcewolfIceyJAlexairudolphalisamwittGoodywoodsam123xoJessiTheSpotted_CSusanaLeoteLavasm77Strangerthanelanorbreton 116 votes
Never
22%
BreeSashaalexspoom13SimmervilleJueJuePlayerSinger2010imhappyMi9shaoscarsimlish1FigwitDijktafonekerryemmiebethBoergeAarg61greydonnhellohannah2HimRumiSati101spice3FinvolabixtersEmmaVane 47 votes
Other choice ...
1%
AnthonydyerAlphaFFrogSimmer_chiyenSteveBridger 4 votes

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    Everyday
    They didn't do it for years.

But in 2022, I decided to make it part of the daily routine along with shaving.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Sometimes
    Basically when I want them to gain responsibility, and actually remember.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Sometimes
    It's a minor boost to hygiene in a pinch. At one point I had a mod that made sims auto brush teeth after throwing up.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    Everyday
    I try my best to have the Child Sims and Teens brush their teeth as it helps building Values. Besides, who wants a Sim around with stinky teeth? LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SteveBridgerSteveBridger Posts: 106 Member
    Other choice ...
    Mine brush their teeth every morning and before bed, just because the idea of them not doing so makes me oddly uncomfortable. :smile:
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Never
    With a house full of spellcasters and inventories stuffed with those need fixing elixirs, my sims barely shower let alone brush their teeth! Horrible manners, truly, they should be ashamed of themselves. It's definitely not my fault for being lazy...now go skill build, little sims! :D
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    Sometimes
    Why would they? Their smile stays fresh and white no matter what lol. But I do it sometimes for the confidence or the little hygiene boost.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited January 2023
    Never
    I would use it if it got rid of uncomfortable bad taste moodlets from fruitcake or low quality food/drinks, but it doesn't.

If I want them Confident I tend to use the "Psych self up" option on the mirror instead.
  • RPGTabbycatRPGTabbycat Posts: 48 Member
    Sometimes
    When I remember to make them do it because it's not something they'll autonomously do.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Never
    Nah I mean irl that’s nasty but in sims it hardly has an effect besides the confident moodlet. I’ll have them brush it if they need that moodlet but hardly ever need it tbh
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Sometimes
    Agreeing with others that it isn't connected to gamelaly if you don't, and they won't do it on their own, so I tend not to bother. One of the many things that are just assumed but not worthy of notice, like laundry before the Laundry Day pack.

I do like it when a morning routine is believable and shaving and brushing teeth would be part of that but it takes them so long to do things like eat and shower without anything more added. Maybe they brush their teeth while showering. I do that sometimes.

You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Everyday
    They sure do, every morning and evening :)
  • Velvet_LiliesVelvet_Lilies Posts: 56 Member
    Never
    Nope! But they also don't get cavities :p
    na3uewksu9ny.png
    My Tumblr • • • My first story: "The New Kid" ←
    • • • • •
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited January 2023
    Everyday
    Yes. They occasionally miss it but the general routine is wake up, toilet, shower or shave if that’s up, brush teeth, apply facial cleanser, go for breakfast.

If I’m running late, Facial cleanser is the first one to be dropped and brush teeth is the second.
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    Everyday
    I never did until I got a mod which made it a requirement, adeepindigo's dental care mod. If they don't brush, they have stinky breath and can even get cavities. Mods that add to the realism of the Sims are my favorite mods. I also use littlemssam's mod to make them brush automatically after puking and eating so I don't even have to remember to make them do it.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • skybird14skybird14 Posts: 90 Member
    Everyday
    Like someone else in this thread, I didn't until I got the Adeepindigo Dental Care mod.

Mods like that are some of my favourites because they add a touch of realism to the game.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Sometimes
    My sims mainly brush their teeth when I want a fast and easy confident moodlet. But unlike me in real life it is not part of their daily routine.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Never
    I should do it sometimes :smiley:
  • mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    Everyday
    my sim does brush her teeth everyday just like me
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Sometimes
    Only if they're in business or criminal career branches. The rest of my sims have rank breath and rotten teeth (,:
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    Sometimes
    Sometimes in the morning or before bed, but like a lot of people, if there isn't a compelling reason to do something I tend to forget about it.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    Sometimes
    Either when I want them to become confident or they need a hygene boost.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Never
    Never done it their hygiene tops off with a shower
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Everyday
    Of course my sims brush every day because, eww! :D

I have that same mod by LittleMsSam...it's great.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Never
    No. And they never will.