March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    SimTresa wrote: »
    So it looks like the Henriques save is broken or something. Keeps randomly freezing on me. I discovered by accident that it will eventually unfreeze on its own, but if that's going to become a habit, it's going to get annoying fast. And will really slow down my gameplay. Considering just ending the legacy instead of trying to move 20 plus sims to a new save on the chance it'll work better.
    No idea what changed all of a sudden.

Are there any inventories you could clear out? Household, personal? I've found that sometimes those freeze games on me.

Also, when I had my other computer, my game kept freezing in Country Living when I had a lot with birds and rabbits. It seems like all those little moving objects freeze things up for me. Or did. (My new computer can handle them better.)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    edited January 2023
    CathyTea wrote: »
    SimTresa wrote: »
    So it looks like the Henriques save is broken or something. Keeps randomly freezing on me. I discovered by accident that it will eventually unfreeze on its own, but if that's going to become a habit, it's going to get annoying fast. And will really slow down my gameplay. Considering just ending the legacy instead of trying to move 20 plus sims to a new save on the chance it'll work better.
    No idea what changed all of a sudden.

Are there any inventories you could clear out? Household, personal? I've found that sometimes those freeze games on me.

Also, when I had my other computer, my game kept freezing in Country Living when I had a lot with birds and rabbits. It seems like all those little moving objects freeze things up for me. Or did. (My new computer can handle them better.)

HMm, they do have a lot of things in their inventories. Guess we don't need to keep 8 baby onesies. I only placed the bird tree for Carrie's aspiration, but she's past that stage so I can sell it. Maybe that will help.

ETA: Welp. It wasn't the inventories. Cleared out all their inventories to the pint where the kids only had their homework and a toy in it, and sold the family inventory, and the game still froze after 19 hours.
    Post edited by SimTresa on
    image.png
  • Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,548 Member
    Who is this swinging chick? Could it be Dr Julia Epstein letting her hair down for a change? Patients, house calls and hot and cold blowing men to deal with in Chapter 182: House Call

https://kelloggjkellogg.blogspot.com/2023/01/chapter-182-house-call.html

1CARFrO.png
  • Superhyde12Superhyde12 Posts: 11 New Member
    Here is the newest Challenge I just made, hope ya'll enjoy!
    Official Royalty Challenge
    “Male Preference Primogeniture” Rules
    1. Gamer must pick the world for the Monarchy to build their estate.
    2. All other worlds will have Dukes and Lords governing for the Monarchy.
    3. Monarchy world will also have Dukes and Lords, all chosen by the King.
    4. Dukes must give a money gift of 500 Simoleons to the King every 3 days, this is considered the ‘commonwealth tax’.
    5. Lords must give a money gift of 100 Simoleons to the Dukes of their world every 3 days. This is considered the ‘general taxes’.
    6. Goal of the Royalty Challenge is to have 10 generations of the Royal Family rule over the Monarchy.
    7. Once 10 generations of the Royal Family has ruled, they can decide to continue their line or Abdicate in favor of a new Monarch.
    8. If the King fails to produce an heir, dies before having one, or gets into a fight with more than 10 townies, their will be overthrown, and a new Monarch will be chosen by the Gamer. The new Monarch can choose to marry or disinherit the Queen, if the previous King had one.
    9. No MODS are needed, however all of them are allowed.
    10. Money cheats are only allowed for Royal Family, Dukes, and Lords.
    11. The King has absolute power of all townies in all worlds and can choose to promote any townie to any position they see fit. He may also evict, kill, adopt, or give money to any townie at any time.
    12. The King can choose to rule on their own or with a Council.
    13. If Council is elected, there will be a total of 4, all must be given one of the Noble titles, Duke, Earl, Count and Sir. The King will grow his friendship with the 4 chosen Nobles until the maximum level is achieved. Children of the Council Members will inherit the titles of their father’s upon their death, and will be the new Council Member. During Childhood, they will be given the title Lord or Lady.
    14. The Council will be in a ‘Club’ with the King and can meet when the King decides. The club will be titled ‘Royal Council’. The Queen may be added to the Council by the King’s decision.
    15. Each King must marry, and she will inherit the title of Queen.
    16. The Queen can be any townie, from any family, or generated in Create a Sim.
    17. The Royal Couple may choose to get their own jobs, or simply live at home, enjoying their fortune. If both the King and Queen decide to get jobs, they are allowed to cheat their way to the top, getting to the highest level of their chosen career.
    18. Each Royal Couple is expected to have children, at least 1 must be born to continue the Monarchy.
    19. All children born to the Royal Couple will be given the title Prince or Princess.
    20. If no child is born the Royal Couple, the title of King is to be passed to his brother or sister. If there are no Siblings of the King, then the title will be given to the next chosen Townie, creating a new Monarchy.
    21. Upon the King’s death, his firstborn son is to become King, no matter the age of the Heir. If the Heir is under the age of Young Adult, the Queen will rule for them with the new title ‘Queen Regent’.
    22. If there is no male heir, the title of King will be passed to the Princess’s husband, upon her marrying, and she will be given the title of Queen. If the Princess is under the age of Young Adult, her mother the Queen will act as regent until the Princess is married.
    23. All Princes of the Royal Family must marry a woman with a Noble title. All Princesses of the Royal Family must marry a man with a Noble title.
    24. If the King has more than one male heir, the eldest is next in line. Once the eldest has been crowned King, the other Princes can choose to join his council if there is one, or pick a world and govern that world for their royal sibling with the title of Duke. If their eldest sibling dies as King without any heirs, the next eldest son will be called to claim the title of King.
    25. If the Royal Couple only has Princesses, the eldest will be next in line to rule, and must marry before the death of the King in order to claim their title of Queen. The only way a sibling of the King can take the title away from the Princess is if she chooses not to marry.
    26. Any children born to the King out of wedlock is considered a ‘🐸🐸🐸🐸’. The King can choose to either abandon the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 or add them into the line of succession, and give them titles. If the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is ‘naturalized’ the King will give them a place in the Royal Family at their estate. The mother of the child is not allowed to move in with the Royal Family.
    27. Any children adopted into the Royal Family is considered a ‘Ward’ and is not allowed to be added into the Line of Succession. The highest title a Ward can receive is Duke or Duchess once they are a Young Adult.
    28. The firstborn son of a Duke or Lord will inherit their titles and lands, and the job of paying the King or Duke their taxes. If a Duke only has daughters, the eldest will be given the title of Duchess or Lady, and inherit all said lands, titles and duties.
    29. All other children born to a Duke will be given the title Count or Countess immediately upon birth. The children of Lords will be called Lord and Lady to set them above the common people.
    30. All Dukes and Lords must pick the most important jobs in their worlds. Since they govern each world for the King, it’s important that they have the biggest jobs such as doctor, police, politician, astronaut, etc.
    31. If a Duke or Lord fails to produce any children, then the King will decide if a new Duke or Lord needs to be elevated.
    32. If a King has a large number of heirs, then he can choose to promote or demote them as he sees fit.
    33. Siblings of the King will automatically be given the title Count or Countess once the King has been crowned, it is up to the King to promote or demote them afterwards.
    34. This is a no mods needed challenge, so these “titles” are merely words written in with the sims name. If you have a mod that allows you to create actual titles, feel free to do so. In order to change titles without mods, open the cheat tab and type ‘testingcheats true’ and then ‘cas.fulleditmode’ this will allow you to go into CAS and change their names.
    35. Some titles will take a lot of space for the first names of the Sims. If their full name cannot be displayed, feel free to change their name to a shorter one to fit the space.
  • DeiraShadeweaverDeiraShadeweaver Posts: 647 Member
    Hi folks!

I can finally announce that I'm done being pregnant, forever. My third child was born this Tuesday morning, on January 10th, weighing 4,3 kg and measuring 54 cm. Yes, I know. I keep having giant babies. But I'm done now.

img_20230110_085745.jpg?w=656

His name is Liam.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @DeiraShadeweaver: congrats on the big boy! But no wonder you couldn't walk while he was inside.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    @DeiraShadeweaver Congrats! You did so well!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    Many congrats and well wishes to you @DeiraShadeweaver :)
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
    @DeiraShadeweaver congrats!
    image.png
    So I ended up just moving all my sims and some of my lots over to a new save and starting over from there. MCCC definitely made it a bit easier. It took a couple of days to get everyone moved and restore relationships, but it was worth it to be able to play without constant freezing. I've got 2 new chapters of Henriques Chronicles ready.

2.34 Waiting for Baby
    2.35 Identity
    image.png
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i have to start a new story. noel ad lauren are divorced but have notspoke since november.
    i have to start a new story. noel ad lauren are divorced but have notspoke since november.

That's so sad. It's like the end of an era... and that also means it's the beginning of a new era!

I just got an email from The Sims stating that I'd been promoted to a "new member" on the forums... but how can that be, since I've been a member since August 2009 ?

I just got an email from The Sims stating that I'd been promoted to a "new member" on the forums... but how can that be, since I've been a member since August 2009 ?

Might be a glitch, or got sent to the wrong email.
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)

That's so sad. It's like the end of an era... and that also means it's the beginning of a new era!

i kept them i just won't be writing them well til they get amnesisa and forget they aren't speaking. lol

i kept them i just won't be writing them well til they get amnesisa and forget they aren't speaking. lol

All right. That works!

It might be the end of Sim 66 for now :/

The latest update and fix from EA has taken up all my remaining disc space and it still can't update until I clear more files. I had 1.6 gig left and, bam, this fix must be pretty big to use it all up. In the short term I'm going to transfer documents, photos and videos from my venerable laptop to an external hard drive to see if I can finish updating the game. If that doesn't work I'm going to need either a new drive installed in my laptop, but that means a 3-4 week wait whilst the engineers install it or else get a new gaming PC which costs $$$$$$$ or £££££££...the budget might not stretch to that atm.

So I've got one more chapter in progress and then a hiatus until I don't know when. Gutted. This latest patch is a memory guzzler, that's for sure.

The latest update and fix from EA has taken up all my remaining disc space and it still can't update until I clear more files. I had 1.6 gig left and, bam, this fix must be pretty big to use it all up. In the short term I'm going to transfer documents, photos and videos from my venerable laptop to an external hard drive to see if I can finish updating the game. If that doesn't work I'm going to need either a new drive installed in my laptop, but that means a 3-4 week wait whilst the engineers install it or else get a new gaming PC which costs $$$$$$$ or £££££££...the budget might not stretch to that atm.

So I've got one more chapter in progress and then a hiatus until I don't know when. Gutted. This latest patch is a memory guzzler, that's for sure.

i feel bad for you my friend. as cathtea knows i hold the record for most start overs including today well i haven't actually started over my female sim decide to walk around in her bra.that makes me miss the benders. so i'm sad again. good luck getting your game sorted out. the benders isn't actually broke but noel and lauren haven't spoke since october in november they just stopped talking.
    I'll make sure the game files, saves and mods folder are all copied on to an external hard drive before I muck about with the computer itself. I'm not starting the story over...it will continue at some point from where I leave off.
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Hello everyone! I took longer with this than needed, but here it is: the FINAL chapter for The Chrysanthemum Tango!

Chapter 71: Wonderful Moments
    2XtP1le.jpg

After the storm settles down, healing can begin. It is time to celebrate the little, wonderful moments.

Thank you all who have read, and hey, if anyone who hasn't give this a try likes fantasy, adventure, slice-of-lifey stories, here's a finished one for you to read! Feel free to leave comments on it too! I hope everyone is having a good time and is staying safe!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
    @RipuAncestor

The end of an era :o
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    @rednenemon Kinda, yeah. I might do some one-shots or short stories for it, but I'm glad to have the big story arcs finally finished. Took me long enough :lol:
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
    Congratulations, @RipuAncestor ! I can't even express what this story has meant to me. Just thank you so, so much! <3

congratsripu.png

I sure hope you're able to get things to work out, Kellogg!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top