Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friends list??

I think it would add to this site, and be helpful and cool to be able to add people as friends, and make it easier to message them or recieve messages. Also combining disscussion of console and Pc into one category option but have a thing that allows your to say this disccusion is may also be relevent to so and so source(Xbox/PC/Etc..) Not sure if that makes sense...

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    I've always wanted a way to bookmark certain posters so as to not miss any of their comments.
  • AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    @simgirl1010 ,Yea, that would be nice, and also another thing that came to my mind, is....if im correct when you first join this site your a new member and have to earn member rank...well that is fine, but, you cant change your profile picture if i remember correctly...they should def add the abiltity to do that 100 percent. I've heard other people mention it as well.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    Are you referring to changing your profile picture while still a new member or after becoming a member?

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,280 Member
    edited January 2023
    AlienTusks wrote: »
    @simgirl1010 ,Yea, that would be nice, and also another thing that came to my mind, is....if im correct when you first join this site your a new member and have to earn member rank...well that is fine, but, you cant change your profile picture if i remember correctly...they should def add the abiltity to do that 100 percent. I've heard other people mention it as well.

The reason why new members can't change their profile picture was because when the site came up in 2014, some trolls were using adult rated pictures as their profile pictures. Banning them didn't work as they would create new accounts just to put up those pictures again. So the community managers took that ability away from new members until they become full members. So you can thank those trolls for ruining things for new members.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    You can click the star to follow a specific thread, if that helps.

Being able to have a friends list and follow people here would bring about problems inevitable with social media in which people like and follow one another. It's tempting ot think how nice it would be, but everyone has seen the reality of how that plays out elsewhere so it's just as well that isn't a thing here.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    @simgirl1010 I am referring to when you are a new member yes.
    @lisasc360 Ok that makes sense.
    @ignominiusrex Yea, I'm not that experienced or familiar with how these type things work and what the pro's and con's are.
  • KitigeosimKitigeosim Posts: 29 Member
    > @lisasc360 said:
    > The reason why new members can't change their profile picture was because when the site came up in 2014, some trolls were using adult rated pictures as their profile pictures. Banning them didn't work as they would create new accounts just to put up those pictures again. So the community managers took that ability away from new members until they become full members. So you can thank those trolls for ruining things for new members.

Would be nice if we could add an Avatar at least but I guess the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 could abuse that as well.
    It's a sad world that the people exist.
    Even though it's frustrating for genuin new members it's not the end of the world.
    I shall wait patiently to be able to add mine :)
    Tumblr - Sims gallery #Kitigeosim
    f14x9dwat3w1.jpg