Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This or That (Game)

Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
Which do you prefer? Why?

Holidays
Goaled Events
Post edited by Vivi_WillowTree on

Comments

• ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    That is a tough one. I dislike feeling obligated to go out of my way to observe so many "special" days all the time and would rather my sims could decide certain ones don't really matter and just ignore them. I can do that by removing them in the calendar but it would be nicer go have an 'choose to ignore' button to click when a holiday shows up, with no penalties on mood.

I ignore a lot of holidays that mean nothing much to me. Valentines day hasn't mattered to me since grade school when it was a time to do themed crafts and an excuse to eat candy in class.

I mean, other than it being expected to do something romantic with or for your partner, but something about that being an obligation sucks the romance right out of it.

Goaled events are similar in not being as spontaneous, but getting suggestions of what to do next is actually helpful on dates 😆.

I can say I tend to speed-run them by mechanistically clicking on one suggested interaction after another. But it's also the only way to get sims in sims4 to act like they are even on a date.

I guess I will say holidays are better, because I can eliminate ones I don't like and customize the ones I do.

Which do you prefer: giving your sims pets, or giving your sims offspring?
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    Which do you prefer: giving your sims pets, or giving your sims offspring?[/quote]

Offspring
    Pets are incredibly needy without being able to see their needs. They get sick way to often. They take up a household slot and are basically objects, like newborns. Can't wait for the update.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,840 Member

Holidays
    Goaled Events

I prefer goaled events. Love the excitement of getting it done as the clock counts down.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited January 2023
    Ok, so should I now answer both?
    I’ll keep it brief.

1. Which do you prefer: Holidays, Goaled Events?
    I really enjoy climbing Mt. Komorebi with my sims and since climbing Mt. Komorebi requires setting up a goaled event, my answer to the question is: “goaled event.”
    I don’t participate in other goaled events however, except for the odd date which usually happens incidentally. I always say yes to dates. And we always get gold. 😏

With regard to holidays, I would either delete them or customize / create my own but that rarely happens because I tend to forget about them (that’s right, even WITH that one day notice!!) until it’s too late and then my sims just sulk for 3 consecutive days.

2. Which do you prefer: giving your sims pets, or giving your sims offspring?
    Pets. The only “pets” my sims have are wild wolves and a darling of a freakishly good looking cat named “Skull”. Oh, and my mountain climber has a fully trained rescue dog in the shape of an Alsatian. German Shepherd to be precise. Wonderful guy, wonderful guy.
    I’d like a horse next.

Offspring on the other hand….in the six years that I’ve been playing Sims 4 I’ve had about …give or take, 3 kids. I do create kids and teens in CAS though and they play important roles in my stories. I just don’t really get my sims to make them. Too much work to be honest. Not the woohoo part of-course, just the entire eh..anyway, you get the gist. 😅

My question:

3. Which do you prefer:

A- Realistic Play
    B- Occult / Fantasy Play
    C- Depends on the save / Other.

My answer to the question: B.

Edit: I realized I might be doing this all wrong. Don’t mind me. Not exactly the brightest today.
    edited January 2023
    Ooh, I think I messed it up. Didn't realize it was game. Got it now.

I prefer realistic play.

Which do you prefer.

Teen age stage.
    Child age stage.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

Holidays
    Goaled Events

I prefer goaled events. Love the excitement of getting it done as the clock counts down.

Hehe anxiety kicks in that I might not finish it all in time. Then I do and left wondering why I rushed 😅
    Child stage, giving them cute rooms and silly things to do.

Do you prefer Age on or off?
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Child stage, giving them cute rooms and silly things to do.

Do you prefer Age on or off?

Off but there’s some families I like it on. It just causes too much damage to the world if it’s left on, I don’t like neighbourhood stories and on console we don’t have mods to get around it.

Which do you prefer: Bella or Bob?
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    Which do you prefer: Bella or Bob?

Bob, He has a goofy personality

Sims lore
    Caliente or goth
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    edited January 2023
    Goth because Bella is so iconic since sims 1.

Which do you prefer to visit
    Sulani or Mt Komorebi
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    That's a hard one for me. But my sims are at Sulani right now, for the first time in winter (monsoon season) and it's like discovering that world for the first time, so for today I'll vote Sulani.

Ice cream or experimental foods?
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,756 Member
    edited January 2023
    Experimental foods. Have been enjoying putting whatever I can into the fizzy juice machine and seeing what comes out. Trashfruit fizz doesn't seem to go down too well but one of my Sims drank a fizz made from grub fertiliser and actually liked it!
    Wish the same level of experimentation could be done with the cupcake machine (Plasmafruit cupcakes anyone?)

Karaoke bars or beaches?
    Beaches, nothing like a random sim flirting with your spouse while your sunbathing and getting into a brawl with the other sim😉

Woohoo in closet or dumpster
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Closet, definitely. Had my 2021 challenge couple try the dumpster once...never again. Ewwww! I'll admit the animations were hilarious though. :D I don't get why all the well-heeled premade couples in my game seem to flock to those things.

Big wedding or Elope in your undies?
    Big wedding absolutely. My wedding stories and all the bugs!

San Myshuno or Windenburg?
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    Closet, definitely. Had my 2021 challenge couple try the dumpster once...never again. Ewwww! I'll admit the animations were hilarious though. :D I don't get why all the well-heeled premade couples in my game seem to flock to those things.
    To cause dumpster fires. 😏
    Big wedding or Elope in your undies?

Neither, but if I HAD to choose, I’d chose Elope Without Undies. I don’t have to explain myself do I? 😅

Now here’s a tough one:
    Cow or Llama? 🥹

San Myshuno or Windenburg?

Yikes, this is game is going too fast for me.

Windenburg. I love old things.

I’ll ask again:
    Cow or Llama? 🥹
    edited January 2023
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 if it's like the games in Off Topic I believe you're only supposed to answer the most recent question. So there's not a lot of quoting. 🙂

ETA: Maybe @Vivi_WillowTree could verify.
    Llama. Because of the lovely wools for knitting.

Dream Home Decorator or My Wedding Stories?

@simgirl1010 I don’t usually play the off topic games. I’d like to think I know exactly how this works, I just keep breaking the flow by being too slow…😅
    OP & all, apologies for being such a pest. I’ll be real quiet after this one.

My Wedding Stories: Tartosa and BB make it okay.

Pumpkin Pie or Hamburger Cake?

edited January 2023
    Oh that’s a tough one…Dream home. It brought soo many nice build buy objects. Don’t think I can live without them.

Edit : whoops commented when the top comment wasn’t around. Apologies

Pumpkin pie, sounds better
    Cats or dogs
    Post edited by SelinaKyles on
    edited January 2023
    Cats always! Cats are lovely and dogs are not, I said what I said 😂.

Get to work or Get together?
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 it doesn't bother me, but if you want to make it simple just answer the previous question.

Maybe I should have put this under off topic. Sorry guys.
    Get to work or Get together?

Get together only for the club system.