Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Wouldn't that be nice. I have more mods now than I can shake a stick at. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Wouldn't that be nice. I have more mods now than I can shake a stick at. LOL

I had a few grumbles with this mod at first as i couldn't understand a few things. Luckily the creator saw my post for help on a sims 4 sub reddit and guided me how to get it to work.

What was funny was that Elena got a sad moodlet after the divorce was finalised yet she was the one rolled up a want to divorce him and my sim self just carried on with no moodlets.
  • Options
    @_Gina, not so creepy, it just means great minds think alike. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    _Gina_Gina Posts: 253 Member
    @GalacticGal True! :D I love this thing already. It will make it so much easier to actually start a restaurant from scratch... paying three folks when we can barely afford the ingredients was just... daunting let's say. Yes, daunting. XD
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    Many of my mods are minor things or bug fixes. The main ones are MCCC and Education Overhaul.

I haven’t run a restaurant for a while! I don’t remember having major problems with them. There was the memorable occasion when one of the elderly customers died, so of course everyone ran over to mourn them.
  • Options
    Many of my mods are minor things or bug fixes. The main ones are MCCC and Education Overhaul.

I haven’t run a restaurant for a while! I don’t remember having major problems with them. There was the memorable occasion when one of the elderly customers died, so of course everyone ran over to mourn them.

Mostly the problem I have with owning a restaurant in Sims4, is that the owner, or any family members can't step in and serve their patrons. You rely solely on NPC Sims, who sometimes barely show up, and if they do, you have to hope they'll actually engage in their jobs! In Sims2, it was up to the owner and/or family members to run the restaurant. I had way more fun yesterday, with this mod in place.
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    Fair point @GalacticGal . Perhaps I should get the mod and explore it for myself!
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    edited January 2023
    Rory has been making her way around Sulani meeting the locals and living the beach life. She's found some interesting things scavenging on the beaches. While she's making friends pretty easily, none of them really like the fact she's a werewolf! She's failed every time she's asked for werewolf sympathy!! She'll keep trying though.

Rory loves dancing! And Alika loves the view!! He better look in a different direction if his wife comes in from the other room..

MhGyoTQ.png

"I may not be in Moonwood Mill, Vlad, but I'm not far away, so let's be clear. The only fangs that belong in Moonwood Mill, are Wildfangs. You vampires better keep yours covered around there. "

LYCd2Uf.png
    Post edited by Kerrigan on
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,835 Member
    I'm busy working my way through all the scenes I need at the hospital for the next chapter of Tartosan Sun. Dr. Crystal Milton is arriving for work at Tartosa General Hospital. Soon she will be treating sims who were injured in the fire at Celebrazioni.
    jQxE6nC.png

She's waiting just outside of the emergency room at the ambulance entrance to triage the victims as they arrive. The ambulance transporting Matteo and Darian should be arriving any minute now. Dr. Milton will give them a thorough checkup to be sure there are no major injuries after their heroic efforts to help rescue people from the fire at Celebrazioni.
    KbxF0ym.png

And afterwards she feels proud that all of her patients will survive, and some of them were able to go home that evening after getting checked out in her ER.
    2ERNVfX.png

After I finish the chapter and post it and I want to do a behind the scenes to showcase this hospital I downloaded last night. The time it must have taken to make it is mind boggling. The creator, Casmar, created a masterpiece. The attention to detail is phenomenal. It's a shame we can't use it as an actual hospital.

• Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited January 2023
    Mostly the problem I have with owning a restaurant in Sims4, is that the owner, or any family members can't step in and serve their patrons. You rely solely on NPC Sims, who sometimes barely show up, and if they do, you have to hope they'll actually engage in their jobs! In Sims2, it was up to the owner and/or family members to run the restaurant. I had way more fun yesterday, with this mod in place.

Yes this seems like such an oversight. I’d love my 3 sims to run a little restaurant together for a bit but only one of them having it and hiring staff wouldn’t really work for me. I’m on console so I can’t try that mod but it does look really good. I’m still hoping they will refresh dine out.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    edited January 2023
    @DaniRose2143 Yes that is a beautiful hospital! The doctor is nice too <3
    @HillyBeth Whoa it took me so long to find the tot in that picture lol. Congrats to Ben and family.
    @_Gina The business idea is SO CUTE but also sad. Perfect for the Pancakes I have to say.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @_Gina - Thank you, I agree, very pretty assets in my opinion. The CC creator of both is very talented! Island Living has some of the most beautiful build/buy and CAS assets of all the packs in my opinion. Sulani is my top world for beauty too. I would highly recommend it. <3
  • Options
    @mightysprite Thank you! <3 (Though, Eliza wanting a business is something I took from her teen self in that official yearbook so can't take credit for that. I did run with it, though. XD And I will run with it even faster, yesterday was wild. I can't wait to write it up later today! :D)

• Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Ellupelluellu - Thanks! Neither have I! This is the farthest I've ever gotten to complete it. It's close, but not quite there. Thanks again about her mermaid form. I'm still stunned the tattoo showed up on her tail instead of it being partially covered up.

Wow, the moonlight shining down from her window looks so cool. Aww, well a little lost sleep isn't too bad, better than wetting the bed! o.O Hopefully she has a sink and toilet by now. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    So, this Love Day was sort of wild. Bob does not celebrate, of course, so Eliza doesn't either... and I even canceled (not deleted) the holiday early so that she got her sad moodlet during the day and not after. Now, that said, Eliza tried to focus on other things and keep herself productive so she wouldn't be thinking about... stuff.
    N8VKf0P.png
    She decided to treat herself early in the morning with a nice citrusy soak that helped her get focused and into an all-business mode... which she used to concentrate on her newest book. This time about handiness.
    eK5kdHD.png
    Why? Ahem. First off, who do you think actually fixes things when they get broken in this household? Second, well, Eliza likes the idea of being well-rounded sim... as well as saving money on bills if she can get to the point of being able to upgrade an appliance or two. And she can sell the carvings she makes along the way. It's a win-win for sure.
    RbbdwnX.png
    Bob had naturally been in the kitchen again, so Eliza opened up shop for a little, too. Love Day is great for sweets sales after all.
    HHF0qnC.png

It was the afternoon when things got off the rails, though.
    It started with Eliza just deciding to visit Magnolia Promenade for a little bit. Nothing like a little retail therapy, right? Well, the first thing that caught her eye was the traditional suit of armor in front of the Emporium.
    V4parND.png
    ...it wasn't for sale and even if it was, Eliza was sure she could not afford it. Still, it got her thinking. How amazing would it be if she could, somehow, become the founder of a proper Legacy? It was a nice dream, even if an impossible one given she was about as likely to make herself go through a divorce as Bob was to actually give her a child... though... she supposed they could adopt at some point? Some legacies did allow for that sort of thing. Eliza didn't feel it was the same, but she was pondering the option anyway until a clerk from the store jolted her out of her musings and since she had no interest in going to look at the toys inside, they got to chatting in front.

f2aWQz1.png
    His name is Elias Santini and he was only too happy to slack off under the pretense of socializing with a potential customer. He was rather... shary and Eliza got to know a great deal about him in that one afternoon. Like for example that he absolutely hates his job. He despises everything about it from the hours to the pay, not even mentioning his co-workers, ugh. Speaking of pay, Eliza idly wondered if he knew what a small store like this may cost, she had been thinking of trying to get a proper retail anyway... but, well. Elias said that the net worth of the store was about eighty thousand simoleons... and that's a lot of money.

HcuTvvh.png
    He was also interested in Eliza's attempts to get a business running. He did agree that food was something that'd never stop making good cash, but... he suggested looking into something different, even though similar... nectar! "If you can get money enough for the machine," he assured "you'll get it all back in no time. I don't know anyone who makes any around here anymore and the prices are climbing like crazy." Well, there was an idea! Juice always paid well, Eliza knew that. But nectar? Nectar was like... so much better. Though notoriously difficult to make. Oh if she could do that, she was sure to make it big!
    Eliza could have just hugged the guy right then, but didn't. That'd be too weird. Plus, he might get ideas. Or his co-worker could, holy plumbob, where did he come from? Good thing she has a handle on her emotions, she'd be so embarrassed if someone started making up rumours about her!
    emIWDki.png

Still, she was a bouncy ball of energy all evening long. So much, actually, that she just couldn't get herself to sleep.
    z7R9YR9.png
    So, she waited up for Bob to get back from work, getting worked up the more, the longer she thought about the whole thing. Wouldn't it be awesome? Bob and her could each have their own machine and work together and maybe, just maybe, could actually get a common interest for once? She just couldn't wait to share this idea.

And so she did, telling Bob everything over his late (or early?) dinner.
    LUCoiyD.png
    She hoped for at least a spark of interest, though she was ready for a "meh, whatever..." but the very last thing she would have ever expected was...

OOhaODI.png
    ...exactly what happened. Bob just sat there and stared for a while, till she started to worry and moved closer... only for him to jump to his feet and start actually yelling! He said some things that seemed to get crazier and crazier as he worked through the tirade and he finished by accusing Eliza of trying to get him addicted to nectar so she could be rid of him. Honestly... it left Eliza feeling numb. Like - what? He thinks... what? Her brain was not computing and she kind of isn't even sure how she got to bed.
    pWyCIGW.png
  • Options
    !_Gina I never knew Bob was so unhinged! That was a great episode. Very enjoyable.
  • Options
    @GalacticGal Eeee! Thank you so much! I was having so much fun yesterday, everything seemed to just make so much sense. I was looking for an excuse to use that nectar crafting mod (bonus points because it supports restaurants) and Bob... well, I thought that since he's so sad all the time, he is probably really afraid of getting hooked on something so he sorta projected there. XD
  • Options
    Superhyde12Superhyde12 Posts: 11 New Member
    Well, today in my Survivor Challenge, my poor sim tried cooking 6 times, and she started a fire every single time! I couldn't believe it. Thankfully she didn't die, but man it was stressful there for a second. Of course, everyone in the survivor household hates fishing and being outdoors, so that's fun. No one has died yet so at least there's that.
  • Options
    _Gina wrote: »
    @GalacticGal Eeee! Thank you so much! I was having so much fun yesterday, everything seemed to just make so much sense. I was looking for an excuse to use that nectar crafting mod (bonus points because it supports restaurants) and Bob... well, I thought that since he's so sad all the time, he is probably really afraid of getting hooked on something so he sorta projected there. XD

You're very welcome. I call 'em as I see 'em. :) And, now I may have to hunt down this Nectar-making mod to which you referred. I can see Erik getting into that. LOL
  • Options
    @GalacticGal :DD The mod is Icemunmun's work and you don't even have to actually craft to get use of it. You can just buy the (many) new flavors of nectar... that even give custom moodlets. I love it even for goody-two-shoes sims on Harvestfest and such. :D
  • Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    edited January 2023
    Chocolate covered strawberries and cat wands!
    Princess Roddy went downstairs. His mum had filled the fountain of mirth with chocolate, so he grabbed a strawberry and dipped it in the fountain:
    c6073d8edb0f948eb7b91038fc406b44781ca0da.png
    Then he sat down and happily ate it:
    33d770920b25de1597ad98b40ef7e4514a00e611.png
    Benjamin also had a chocolate covered strawberry:
    c9e9eb4bcf94daf9f97aea6d61d9b2b395174a99.png
    As did Shine:
    b8726dd89b87cdc041f8e571e2a2fdc59c8a8bd7.png
    Later, Princess Roddy played with Eachann:
    b722975bbcd5f5e745496d1797bbad01b97183d0.png
    2dabb9d014601996412da555f464f7405652763b.png
    a04e0fed5b8e395093fed6e199f9c98540ea889a.png
    7fa6aabc7ffd2b1917000ee0d9e0ec43c54ffbe4.png
    Then he sat on the sofa and brushed Eachann's fur, which the kitten enjoyed.
    Sausages, mash and pranks.
    Shelly Heart grabbed sausages and mash out of the fridge:
    c5d7690e817f3c35dc91d80dd157344c211064a2.png
    Then she tucked into the food:
    7fe62d18e635e09c2bc7b37103dfee87c7b32ab2.png
    d42e0bab36a1ec712b36d227bb315fed1af07701.png
    06d4da9327201788a121662b62c8d65b36bb77e4.png
    Afterwards, she put the empty plate in the dishwasher. Meanwhile, whilst Princess Roddy was busy checking on his garden patch, Sophia stealthily teleported into her big brother's on suite and put something in the toilet:
    a337fffaea27c8d9fbf05bff2aa9775aa5ddd1e3.png
    be2bd19702f8472fb1fe73494faf68b91f40c55d.png
    And she teleported back into her own bedroom, giggling. An unsuspecting Princess Roddy rushed upstairs into his bathroom. He needed to use the toilet. He was going to get an unpleasant surprise. All seemed normal:
    be62b2c13081b5824eadd5b4039003bcd69f6696.png
    Until...'Och bauther! The toilet's broken! I thought this was an unbreakable toilet!' Princess Roddy exclaimed:
    1fc4b7d129b1ac58ee99a578fdc00e9787e8bc76.png
    He eyed the toilet suspiciously and noticed something...'Wait, what's that?' he thought:
    f252638da022581cf0a9983b08aa7f2e3d32d45c.png
    Sophia couldn't hold in any longer and burst out laughing. 'Gu math èibhinn, Sophia! Mòran taing tha mo chòta geamhraidh do-sheachanta!' (which is Scottish Gaelic for 'Very funny, Sophia! Thank goodness my winter coat is indestructible!') Princess Roddy telepathically said in Scottish Gaelic, irritated by his little sister's prank. He knew Sophia had a mischievous side to her. After Benjamin casted a long range Repairio spell on the toilet, the princess mopped the floor:
    6c258d8fb29589bd456f179a8e7d39d70dbfb95d.png
    Then he went into Sophia's bedroom. 'This is one prank I dinnae find funny, little sister. Bathrooms are off limits fer pranks!' Princess Roddy said, slightly narked:
    bc18a6d5b63a7fbdaaf80f15a0d7254b8f4ac990.png
    Sophia looked down at her feet. 'Sorry Roddy...' she said, sadly:
    4acc5ee10c6de755e1b07ca70de4644dc363e2b3.png
    A tear rolled down her cheek. 'All is forgiven, Sophia.' the princess said. He gave his little sister a comforting hug:
    a8c347d3b3ac748ef6b4a504f8e0391d4be6c464.png
    And a loving smooch on her cheek:
    023eb6151b8c9b3bd7ab3c657ea5bc25509796f1.png
    After chatting, Princess Roddy headed back into his bedroom and played with Eachann:
    7a68afaba6ae398e341a5b7d669305f1cacbb12f.png
    7c67207bc1dd556ea13703e073afed28bc49e1ac.png
    e1c8cad9c986d9a1526cb3e5b711e7a9504d7d6e.png
    3a6d742b5831c04e1d6e375cba0d7776b76069ec.png
    e9099385d69f3d2373fb34c6220582ac49e3c4a3.png
    Afterwards, he knitted whilst Eachann fell asleep on his lap.
    Visiting the Montero household!
    Shine and Princess Roddy Furystrykar and Shelly Heart, visited the Montero household. The princess had brought Eachann along with him. Tristen welcomed the group in. Harmony Montero, shyly said hello to Shelly Heart:
    303b7492c5ec7e5c9055366c4801ace72695add2.png
    Afterwards, she sat and listened to Princess Roddy's story:
    b3f5f0f0195ef2642d3f59de71e38a4c3f09ddd3.png
    Meanwhile, Eachann decided to explore the house:
    16564e3e63c3f689722a73912d782e9041594334.png
    The kitten was curious. Harmony came into the study. 'Kitty!' she squealed, excitedly. 'Oh boy...' Eachann thought. To his surprise, Harmony was gentle with him:
    c1f355c316e2418f684a6b1184540aed215ebc5b.png
    The toddler carefully put the kitten down. Theo also said hello to Eachann. Afterwards, Harmony pulled a frying pan out of the high tech trash can:
    895dcaec837566a4fa012623d4046b4db5f5a551.png
    7467b20ca57954b719f029931a9be84286052316.png
    Later, Theo received a great, big hug from Shelly Heart:
    8b798353ad19827a6e432717c6afd218c606f167.png
    Harmony had something on her mind. 'Pwincess Roddy? Is it twue that you're a boy?' she asked:
    82f5a2445977526887fa05f09e58baea15d9d9ff.png
    'Why yes, little one. I am a boy!' Princess Roddy replied, smiling:
    b4de96a436de70a645cb7ca0fc35e8ecdab051f2.png
    'Do you live in a castle?' Harmony enquired. 'I don't live in a castle, but I do live in a place called Dianthus Hall. I would find living in a castle to be quite irritating. Besides, if I did live in one, it would be small.' Princess Roddy responded:
    ab6f79749143d2488dfeda7e4d57673d07430ba7.png
    He then noticed Eachann wasn't around. 'Ah. He must be exploring the neighbourhood.' the princess thought. Indeed, Eachann was exploring, and had found some dormant plants to stare at:
    03fedd20a31a664080b657be28ff6203f7c44577.png
    After a while, Eachann returned. Princess Roddy smiled as the kitten fell asleep. 'Time to get this little one home.' he said. The princess carefully put Eachann in his special bag. 'Before I forget, I have something for you.' Princess Roddy said. He gave Tristen a box. 'Wonder what this could be?' Tristen said:
    132dd352abe471dd323b34982d27e00f61a8713f.png
    He opened it and was amazed at the craftmanship:
    1429a8843c94fcf73c7453512c14f8987ce3d4e6.png
    'Oh thank you Princess Roddy! Harmony would like this onesie a lot!' he said, gratefully:
    8049637d662b71bbf45c985d37e38f46feea767c.png
    'You're welcome, Tristen.' the princess said, curtseying. Then he said goodbye and set off back home with his mum and his aunt and his beloved kitten. When he got back into his bedroom he noticed that Eachann was awake. Princess Roddy gave his furry companion some attention:
    4bba46b7d6578226ec0ca1dbd077ffea98f59f12.png
    3abc7bc291592452f7691dba9284853aebe83174.png
    ace7175585346e19f25b45ee223745cd016a845f.png
    6d7aa1c791775074a359788c8951a5ba9c06a760.png
    Eachann purred.
    Instrument playing, knitting and cuddles!
    Benjamin decided to play his guitar:
    837eddf0bf7562a3b1d305898dcb6bd97d765929.png
    f4766278f1353bb995e46bdca7b352145e7955e2.png
    6c276183e5af2ab46084513e11c3501a4fe94b62.png
    156d63eb2253978cfa2d535cd36116d9508f7f15.png
    And then he played the organ:
    b53b3f8ce1c6691387619480c228b868ae30f33c.png
    083f839e94e1f4c3cd7734954258e474f1b2650c.png
    Upstairs, Princess Roddy did some knitting:
    59dd88a8ef76041833dcaee55999af3abda4240d.png
    Shelly came in and showered Eachann with affection:
    7d0c50103811b9166a1c443a590e6dad14bd54b6.png
    f79883297973732947181844caadcbc5fec7b74b.png
    2ad831bf8884942bbe902be4769c8cd5dd4da5d0.png
    Later, the princess finished. He had made another toddler onesie. Shelly gave her adorable nephew a great, big, loving and warm cuddle:
    37b95397cb26504c26ff2efc90775afb8d0d34eb.png
    She cuddled Princess Roddy tighter:
    6b4faab93453d04bca8fb7f2075e5d42c11d59ed.png
    Then Shelly gave the princess a very great, big, loving smooch on his cheek. Princess Roddy smiled. Then the pair chatted to each other.
    Bee tea shenanigans
    Benjamin had been hankering for some bee tea, so he brewed some up and had a cup:
    49b06896eca70cade8c483fa66efb4334757b060.png
    efc91f96f0b217e4d6e39f883dc8016f47531186.png
    Or two...
    ba4b74ec7e9d23a56e22d7ce72e7700cf61b07f1.png
    07e96f91efbe1013789b7a0f4509fd97d0d911c6.png
    Or...are you serious?
    74d5a41bfd152d3b7da5fff1fd4d466c5874c2da.png
    You'll be needing the loo after this!
    160c07a0ef5c984ad8490f2c9f7a5b199f79212b.png
    ef5c9b14c972f6df1221a7beebee444f230f95fe.png
    What did I say?
    7e08729e3ce80f4ef5b2d2e9922b6084cd2fc663.png
    Anyway.....upstairs, Eachann had a nap:
    727ca31e33b4501f4f44c48d7dfb169c6287a0a1.png
    Then the kitten played with his favourite toy:
    14af3d51eb170f5e2258c9cbee679356ef5d09d4.png
    678f5854595f2f7082e9868aa4502a908f61d575.png
    a9b14f8c5548403cad5c22476911369620da47de.png
    625098e0af7e733cf2f079eedfc2abf37048cc15.png
    Later, Princess Roddy gave his furry companion a treat:
    7462d73e0b553c89f474808c088141405b5d721f.png
    38418279cc7e2ab4519d8a0028c122c2e98893c5.png
    Eachann purred. The princess smiled and carried him over to his sofa and brushed his fur.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    edited January 2023
    Hello Simmers! Thanks for all the likes and awesomes on my part 1 of Snow Escape Trip.
    Here is the link if anyone had missed it: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18216726#Comment_18216726

Alright on with the next part II.
    That morning, Vanessa got up early wanting to follow a theme for this trip lots of mount Komorebi food to embrace the culture, so she made rice porridge for breakfast with honey and fruit.

(This is a CC dish the food theme is Japanese or as close as I could get it).
    51847443869_17618629db_k.jpg

It was the prefect first day of their trip! An information board told them that the Children's Youth festival was in town, eagerly, they all trotted off to experience what that had to offer, chattering about the San Myshuno festivals curious about what these ones held.
    51847771955_29dcd43a62_k.jpg

The kids looked around curious and asked each other what they wanted to do first?

LOL Paisley knew what she wanted to do be on those monkey bars!
    51846150052_1518eb64df_k.jpg

However, Paisley jumped down to join the artiest crew with Hazel and Matt, they chatted as they worked having a wonderful time! They were each drawing a winterfest picture.

Matt drew one for his mom, making it a card, they had been through a lot leaving his dad, she deserved the kind gesture.

Paisley wanted to make one each for her mom, dad and toddler bro, she started on one for her little sibling first.

Hazel was aiming to fill in the last bare spots of her home making the winterfest decor this year,
    51847124166_c86a80063b_k.jpg

Rainbow and Illana had a blast on the monkey bars, Illana wanted to race, a seemingly friendly challenge, looks like Rainbow won that round, but the challenge was not over yet!
    Illana took the lead the next round very satisfied with herself, Rainbow was not taking this as serous, she was just having fun!
    51847443639_ccf83f3c9d_k.jpg
    51846149897_82d2baa476_k.jpg

Jesse had been over experimenting on the tables but surprisingly this quiet boy was the first to race up to Yama-chan and get his selfie with the cute mascot!

And that started the chain reaction of photos, enjoy!
    51847123996_309737dc34_k.jpg
    Rainbow
    51847443499_e4b57c5a00_k.jpg
    Hazel
    51847443349_8e0ecbd25e_k.jpg
    Paisley
    51847771455_e6430d8f8e_k.jpg
    Matt
    51847771390_d7423a5873_k.jpg

All the kids also made paper kabutos and ran around acting like ancient samurai~ Though the allure of the ice cream crepe caught the children's attention.
    51847771390_d7423a5873_k.jpg
    51847123571_4262abf4a3_k.jpg
    51847123541_b5030ab06b_k.jpg

The kids begged and begged for a pic in front of the Yamachan statue, even though it was passed their bedtime, Beck helped them all get arrangement and to pose, While Vanessa took a few good pictures promising to make copies for everyone to keep.
    51846149287_2b00a57637_k.jpg
    51847183813_744e08ee4d_k.jpg

That ended day 1 of their trip, stay tuned for more and happy simming! :)
    Post edited by Lyrie on
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    A Change of Pace, an Erik Cantrell Main Save RESET

Erik sat at his piano plunking out a new tune when he stopped abruptly, mid-refrain. Something was missing, he decided, taking his hands from the ivory-colored keys. He still very much enjoyed performing his music before Sims, yet, he also felt as if he were in a rut. That’s it! I need to change things up.

Satisfied he had confronted the problem, head on, he went back to his composing. Shortly thereafter, he was busy looking into his options, getting ideas from his beloved wife.

“I know what you’re saying, Sweetheart,” she said. They sat before the huge fireplace in Erik’s Music Man Cave. Although it was Springtime, the mornings and evenings were still chilly. “What you’re lacking is the intimacy of the early days.”
    “That’s it! I have married myself one brilliant wife!” With that he jumped up. “I know just where to hold my next concert.”
    “But doesn’t Orion Entertainment, Limited see to the booking of concerts?”
    “Yes, they do, but I am given the opportunity to freelance a bit, here and there. And I do think they’ll like my idea. At least I hope so. It’s either that, or I just do it on my own. I don’t intend to charge the audience to be there. Give some Sims a break, you know? It will be just like starting over,” he clucked.
    x5ODbpN.jpg
    lTGwuES.jpg
    zNvZMHw.jpg

Shortly after the admitted positive press and success of the surprise concert, Erik decided to do another one. This time, he went to Oasis Springs. There was a small lounge there with a stage. An anonymous booking was made…
    Erik quickly realized he was having the time of his life! He loved surprising people. He really did. This was the ultimate surprise. So, where did you go last night, The Old Town Lounge. You’ll never guess who was performing there, I almost dropped my drink!
    Suddenly, Erik threaded his way through the group and onto the stage.
    QSOMDeU.jpg
    0noDgoE.jpg

Erik finished laying down the final tracks of his next album, A World Apart.
    Approached by some well-known directors of music videos, it dawned on Erik he could have filled his need to act by doing such. I’ve wasted so much time!
    The first music video was to be shot at the Ruins in Windenburg.
    O0wzcrs.jpg
    The crew was remarkably quick at transforming the barren end of the Ruins.
    x5XGL5n.jpg
    After a quick sound-check, Erik got down to it. This was to be the taping of a live performance.
    uUZUCAF.jpg
    Fhtqmg1.jpg

All of this was the lead up to something Erik had wanted to do. While it wasn’t taking on a character, it still required some acting on his part. He had to know where to walk, when to turn, when to emote. Basically, he had to give life to the Title Song.
    Erik warmed up his voice before things commenced.
    diB9PpH.jpg

“Is this what you want?” he asked the director.
    VVqJx6y.jpg
    “You’re doing just great, Erik. Just be you.”
    Of course there was plenty of downtime in between the rehearsal and the actually filming. Reporters from the popular Teen Magazines, Entertainment Fair, and others were also invited to take pictures, in between the business of creating an artful Official Music Video.
    Of course, Erik camped it up for them.
    uxFiyzX.jpg
    Resting in between ‘takes’.
    wmfprAG.jpg

Taking advantage of the scenic Tartosa.
    IMe0apm.jpg
    A possible magazine cover.
    4qyMPnJ.jpg

The official Album cover:
    iwICbVV.jpg

At the end of this very busy week, Erik and Kayleigh attended the Starlight Accolades Show.
    pxNKJNm.jpg

“I should turn this dang thing off, you know?” he told Kayleigh, as he took the call.
    GyTzmjJ.jpg

Quickly, they found seats, as the show was about to get underway.
    “I’ve missed you this week,” Kayleigh said.
    lAGZehy.jpg
    “Stop worrying. You’ve got this.”
    m1pLAfq.jpg
    3R9l0fw.jpg
    gekGaSk.jpg
    She wasn’t wrong. In the next few minutes, the Host was calling his name.
    BrwAJG6.jpg
    “Thank you, thank you.”
    huhmisO.jpg
    “This is truly an honor. I thank my God, my beautiful wife, my kids who miss me when I’m not home, my fans. My record label, Taygeta Studios, Orion Entertainment, Limited, for booking my concerts and all of the publicity that surrounds it. This is so profoundly humbling.”
    2cw16AH.jpg
    “All I can say is I am one lucky Sim!”
    6SVLCFV.jpg
    “And yeah, it feels good!”
    AXCIDkw.jpg

Feeling inordinately fulfilled, Erik slept like a rock that night.

All for now. Thanks for reading!

(For those keeping track, this was Best Song number Seventeen, Tumbling Waterfalls.)
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
  • Options
    @GalacticGal Eric is getting away from the grind while still sticking to his strong suits... clever! And he looks like acting really does come naturally to him, too.
  • Options
    Thank you so much, @_Gina I had another chapter started, but somehow, my computer ate it — don't ask. LOL When inspiration struck I wrote up the beginning and made certain I saved it, then played to get the rest of the idea played out, so I'd have pictures. :) This was a different approach for me, too. I don't generally come up with the idea, first. I play the game, take random pictures and put the story together after that.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top