Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2023

Comments

• permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    January 11

jBBzYFZ.jpg
    One day, a ginger cat showed up near Flora's lot. Flora was partial to animals, so of course she decided to see if this was a friendly feline.rl9k3Ox.png

As soon as she reached out and pet the cat, she was slammed with instant recognition.
    pg5prZV.png

"Rory!" she exclaimed, scooping the cat into her arms.
    P1hdIuD.jpg

She knew at once that she knew this cat as she held him in her arms. She couldn't pinpoint any specific memories, but she knew that they shared a deep bond.
    GJkdclG.jpg

Perhaps even a magical bond...
    H2NWrdx.jpg
    jBBzYFZ.jpg

Even with a new furry friend in her life and the hope that her memories would begin to gradually return, there was still much aspiration progress to make.
    BOFog08.jpg

A few challenge sim spottings - Amelia and Elfie befriended Yamachan.
    KGZmp6w.png

Then Elfie stole Flora's sandwich.
    wl1Hxh6.jpg

Pleasant dreams you two <3
    iv9wBK5.png

But as Flora slept, Rory slipped away, attending to business of his own.
    OgSA6KU.png
    n3gIAKl.png
    MCKgYCA.png
    OsLX1G3.png
    3O11z1M.jpg

"Thank you for checking in on her, Rory."
    NFXxiuc.png

"I've been worried since she's been dream-walking lately, and you know we aren't the only ones who have that ability..."
    uPqaxhy.png

"I know you'll help keep her safe."
    Hs5GiPE.png

--
    So I added Rory to my game as a stray and then put the "cat hangout" trait on Flora's lot and was pleasantly surprised that Rory showed up almost right away. She had the option to adopt him almost immediately, which is when that animation with the "magic" happened, and it was just so perfect. Rory was definitely her familiar in her past life.

Flora had another noteworthy feline visitor while her lot still had the trait.
    fSPwKrj.png

And one more note, if you're confused why Morgyn is appearing as both a child and an adult in my game, rest assured I (think) I have a plan :D Also Morgyn is truly a specimen of gender ambiguity in my game and I use they/them pronouns for them, but as they are just a bunch of pixels, I don't think they'll mind you using whatever pronouns are easiest for you in your comments :)
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited January 2023
    I once again apologise for such of lacking comments, this is very busy week irl, so...

@Karababy52 , i took weather effects off for sims during that swim. 1 hour for aspiration :p
    @permanentrose , hehe, yes I have all, even from first year in this save,its a bit crowded, i will most likely cut ome of them. I'll see about that.
    @SoulGal7 , added her, but as others are on vacation at SE world now, she shows up better later.
    @LegacySims2017 , yes it was Dylan indeed. thats good for Dante he can use all goodies of the penthouse, computers for Babs still limited for libraries :p
    @DoloresGrey , hehe, yes, see babs needs to look good, but maybe she needs a shower :D Teddy will be showing up soon too, as others still at vacation, he needs to show up different way still :)
    @Belalucina , wow, sean would say June has ultimate grand mansion by now :p
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited January 2023
    Day 11

On the top of the hill Teddy Bear and Kaori exchanged promise rings.
    11-1-2023-15-56-13.png
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
    Babs
    day 12
    4eKn547.png
    URtBjOM.png
    6ijH2zX.png
    hOctTS1.png
    NOTE , @Karababy52 I hope its okay i cheated the get a selfie with mascot, as done, after this. I started this save with no Randoms, and im not sure is it that, or the very bad weather there is all days, but mascot has not showed up like it used to do. If it do show up, Babs will of course take the selfie.
    4eKn547.png
    NV7lahO.png
    JX1IIEG.png
    No idea why she was so happy, all te sudden clapping hands, but if it was the strawberry she got from vending machine, I was happy too!

AoSYzy3.png
    Nothing weird at all... (Nelly is a vampire, so, no reflection)
    72whEXs.png
    0YDxDZA.png
    L9W2NVL.png
    ZI9XLyi.png
    Hey Sean!
    CckaPkv.png
    Thanks for tip!!! Is all to your Mansion, anyway :D

• LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    @DoloresGrey
    I think you might be right. I think it was much easier to romance Cassandra than it was to Ash.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Belalucina
    I'm sure her friends will understand, they're all into wintersports too! ;) Love how far she's come with her home. What a cozy little cabin. I love it! <3 Congrats to June! :)

@LegacySims2017
    Not surprised Dante would especially love trolling those he doesn't like the most. Who wouldn't? hehe Huh, well I guess Dante should have more faith in himself, eh? Oh boy, Daddy-O making sure Dante knows he's watching.

Congrats on two Gold dates Dante! :)

@permanentrose
    Ah, so it appears Flora's possible familiar found her, Hi Rory! Tsk, Elfie! How dare you? Dream walking, I love that! And the mystery begins to unravel, he is her familiar! Rory is adorable and so is Mayor Whiskers! :) I'm guessing Morgan might possibly be related to Flora? Or they at least grew up together as children in the Realm.

@Ellupelluellu
    Ah, okay. Smart thinking. :)

No worries about Yamachan. Not your fault the mascot isn't showing up. :) Yay! She got a strawberry from the machine! Hi Nelly, looking beautiful as always. Nope, not weird at all. hehe Sean! So good to see him again. Glad he tipped her, he's a good guy. :)

@DoloresGrey
    Teddy climbed the mountain already and with Kaori, very cool. Congrats! Aww, they exchanged promise rings, so sweet. Very cool! <3
    January 11th Comments:

@Ellupelluellu
    It may be cold for Babs, but happy to see she's not feeling or looking blue. :grimace:
    Other Sims
    Nice to see all them other Challenge Sims hanging out together, but they need to hang out with Babs as well.

@permanentrose
    Aww, Rory is cute. I'm glad Flora was able to remember them right away upon sight. I think you're going to be amused later on down the road in my January daily image chapters.

@DoloresGrey
    I think Teddy is smitten with Kaori. Makes me think it's going to turn into more when they get older.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge
    (100 Bae Challenge)
    https://legacysims.net/?page_id=10908

Dante Morningstar
    Season: Winter
    tree-decorating.jpg?resize=1024%2C601&ssl=1
    January 12: A Pregnant Mother and a Father Winter

Lucifer and Chloe visit their son Dante and celebrate his first Winterfest with him. His mother also shares news that he is going to be a big brother. A mystical man arrives calling himself Father Winter.

Bonus Images
    warming-up.jpg?w=820&ssl=1
    Warming up by the fireplace!

father-winter.jpg?w=820&ssl=1
    Father Winter arrives!

gift-from-father-winter.jpg?w=820&ssl=1
    Father Winter gives Dante a gift.

family-opening-gifts.jpg?w=820&ssl=1
    Dante and his parents open their Winterfest presents!

chloe-pregnant.jpg?w=820&ssl=1
    Dante receives a special gift from his mom, a sibling to be.

Achievements
    Skills:
    • Cooking (6/10)
    • Dancing (4/10)
    • Handiness (3/10)

Collection:
    • Broken Fossil
    • MySims Trophy – Hopper
    • Spotted Leaf Frog

Rewards Store:
    • Cold Acclimation

Notes
    1. For readers just tuning in or those following along, part of this daily image chapter is a follow up to Detention and a Night Out where Chloe asks Dante if she should try for a baby with Lucifer.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    January 12

yS7BMTG.jpg
    Oh yay, a proper house! It is actually Robin's house from last year since it fit the tier 1 tiny home requirements. It's pretty empty inside right now, but she's on her way to have a proper place to live.
    joZB1aI.jpg
    HtFumAY.jpg

I downloaded the cafe lot from @Ellupelluellu's game and she had a bite to eat with Father Winter himself.
    hp4nLif.png

Hello Babs.
    mfkE0bW.jpg

Literally this is all she does some days and she's still only at like a level 5.
    Dsln5R0.jpg

Back at the gym, which is a teen hangout lot.
    VFyKK9e.jpg
    wsXOAx8.png
    tRJlrrU.png

And then wrapping up her night by fishing for some fertilizer for her garden.
    o4M8V72.jpg
    edited January 2023
    Day 12

Love Day hike with the promised one.
    12-1-2023-19-16-13.png
    Except 99% of the time went like ---> 12-1-2023-19-21-21.png
    How realistic, how sad.
  • BelalucinaBelalucina Posts: 843 Member
    So I definitely did comments in my head, but then didn't type them out. Lol. So I'll just say some quick things.

@DoloresGrey
    I love Teddy and Kaori together, so cute!

@Ellupelluellu
    I can't get Yamachan to leave me alone. He comes over every day and tries to make cake or get a drink of water.

I'll do my post for yesterday and today later. Been busy and was exhausted last night. June hates snowboarding, skiing, and rock climbing so it's been interesting lol.
    Just in case no one has told you today, you are loved. <3
    Babs
    day 13
    gHAmz6P.png

Super overwhelmed and busy this week - I’m reading all your updates though even though I have no time to comment.
    Jan. 11

01-11-23-2-39-52-PM.png
    June may not enjoy skiing, but she is determined to succeed.
    Jan. 12

01-12-23-3-19-00-PM.png
    Why, yes, that is the summit of Mt. Komorebi.
    01-12-23-11-31-26-AM.png
    It's Teddy and Kaori!

01-12-23-11-42-16-AM.png
    Living alone can be, well, lonely...so June got a puppy! Even more responsibility. Can you handle it, June?

01-12-23-11-46-38-AM.png
    He just comes and hangs out like he owns the place.

01-12-23-8-39-45-PM.png[.img]01-12-23-3-10-48-PM.png
    Some action shots :)
    January 12th Comments:

@Ellupelluellu
    Hopefully Yamachan will show up again for Babs. I always love watching my Sims skate. Cracks me up every time. Ooo, a strawberry. Maybe something she can plant and have a strawberry bush. Nice of Sean to give Babs a tip for playing. Good to see him again as well.

@permanentrose
    Interesting outside of the house. But it looks nice. Yay, a Babs sighting. And an Elfie sighting as well. I'm trying to remember how I got D.J. to get his climbing skills up so fast. I do believe it was that climbing apparatus, though.

@DoloresGrey
    I went to a restaurant a few months back where I saw a family of four - wife, husband, daughter, and son. They were all sitting at a table. And they were all on their phones. It was sad. So, the image under the spoiler is just about spot on. Hopefully Teddy and Kaori put there phones away to enjoy the rest of that walk.

@Belalucina
    June seemed to get the hand of skiing a bit. Did she get the option to "Dislike" skiing, and you rolled with it? Cool to see Teddy and Kaori there looking as a couple (since they are one in Dolores' multiverse. Yamachan is the mascot. He owns the town and everything inside it. :joy:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge
    (100 Bae Challenge)
    https://legacysims.net/?page_id=10908

Dante Morningstar
    Season: Winter
    summon-urban-myth.jpg?resize=1024%2C601&ssl=1
    January 13: Urban Myths and Stink Bombs

Dante tries to convince Wolfgang that Bloody Mary is in a mirror. Wolfgang is not impressed with Dante’s antics and puts Dante down with his lame attempt. This angers Dante, so he decides to plant a stink bomb in Wolfgang’s locker another day.

Bonus Images
    stink-capsule.jpg?w=820&ssl=1
    Dante prepares a stink capsule to go off in Wolfgang’s locker when Wolfgang Munch laughed at him for trying to trick him about an Urban Myth.

Achievements
    Aspiration:
    • Summon an Urban Myth Twice (2/2)

Skills:
    • Charisma (7/10)
    • Comedy (4/10)
    • Gourmet Cooking (2/10)
    • Handiness (4/10)
    • Logic (2/10)
    • Mischief (8/10)

Collection:
    • Leaf Frog
    • Quartz Crystal

Notes
    1. The Aspiration requires for Dante to summon an urban myth two times. Second time, he scared himself. Was hoping Wolfgang would have been spooked as his relationship with Dante has been going down drastically. But he just laughed. So, I tried it again. Poor Dante got the Scared moodlet from it. What a backfire.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    @permanentrose
    Ah, I thought I recognized that build. Good idea recycling one of your earlier challenge houses. I've used some of mine to place other challengers Sims/families. I forgot just how long it takes to build those wintersports skills. Hang in there Flora, you can do this! :) Gorgeous night fishing shot with the moon behind her. :)

@Ellupelluellu

Go Babs, get those skills up for better tips! <3
    Day 13
    First time skiing
    13-1-2023-12-43-28.png
    didn't go that well.
    13-1-2023-12-44-40.png
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    I'm going to be catching up after being sick by posting two posts a day! Thank you all for being so kind, and sorry that I got taken out like that!

January 5th

12-09-22_10-45-57_AM.png?width=730&height=584

Dear Diary,

The homesickness finally hit. I knew it would, but man, I miss Mom and Dad like crazy. Even though I know they’d be nagging and worrying like they always do, I just miss waking up in the morning to Dad whistling as he makes breakfast, or Mom telling me I’ll be late for school. Nobody wakes me up in the morning any more, and I never thought that I’d miss it, but I really, really do. I wonder if Nanny Nia ever missed her family like this?

So, as is pretty traditional at this point, Amelia has a garden! It's not much of one, but gardens are a good way to make money while you sleep.

12-09-22_10-43-17_AM.png?width=730&height=584

Unfortunately, in order to keep things up, she still has to contend with Jenny's Curse, and she lost this round. She's already exhausted, so this really didn't help her mood. She's starting to get to that point where she's constantly tired or tense.

12-09-22_10-46-20_AM.png?width=730&height=584

After school, I had her start planting things in the garden - of course going for the spring plants! I'll replace them once the season changes, of course.

12-09-22_10-51-20_AM.png?width=730&height=584

And, after that, it was the end of the day. I'm not making huge progress on her aspirations, I have to admit - it's hard to do so! But for now, I think we're getting along just fine.

12-09-22_10-53-10_AM.png?width=730&height=584

January 6th

12-09-22_11-11-16_AM.png?width=730&height=584

I met Yamachan, the local mascot! He had some handlers, and we took a selfie together. Apparently there’s going to be a local festival soon, too, which sounds incredible. I asked my landlords, the Wakabas, about it, and they told me that there’s three different festivals that get held around here, each of them full of food and fun and local people running stalls. Apparently, at the snow festival, people make giant sculptures, and at the light festival, you can watch fire dancing and hang wishes on a special tree. I really, really want to go to one of these! They sound like so much fun.

Oh, and Yamachan is usually there too, apparently? I wish Newcrest had mascots like this, it would get a lot more people into a community spirit. I think so, at least. I mean, the most we do in Newcrest is always organised by people who like telling people what to do wayyyyy too much. I’m really excited for the festival!

First up - huge improvements to the house! I think I scored some good gold Simmis and that's what led to this? My memory's still a little fuzzy from being unwell, but I'm so pleased with how things are. I think I might mostly leave the house like this for now and focus on aspirations and building up money. Amelia has her own bedrooms as well as a living space, and everything looks much nicer!

12-09-22_11-01-34_AM.png?width=730&height=584

She also learned Scruberoo and Repairo, if I remember correctly, and has been working on her magic for a little bit. For now, I'll probably also leave her magic where it is, due to needing to get those aspirations done.

12-09-22_11-04-03_AM.png?width=730&height=584

And of course, part of that was getting a selfie with Yamachan! He was only too happy to oblige. Say cheese, Amelia!

12-09-22_11-10-57_AM.png?width=730&height=584

The garden has added extra duties onto her day, but it's also helping keep her responsibility up. I'm hoping she'll get the Responsible trait when she does age up, but I'll have to make sure to keep it all balanced. This challenge can make that a bit hard!

12-09-22_11-11-57_AM.png?width=730&height=584

Also, thanks to her efforts with the Simmi machine, she collected the entire set (though they've all been sold) and now has this lovely plaque! Hopefully it's the first of many!

12-09-22_11-12-53_AM.png?width=730&height=584

I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things, and I can't wait to catch up. Having played ahead is definitely a help for my having been unwell!
    January 13

FbNxbiK.jpg
    Flora has been stuck on the "Reach the peak of Mt. Komorebi" part of the extreme sports enthusiast for a while now, because her rock climbing skill is still not quite where I want it to be in order to do the excursion. I decided I might as well finish up the Sightseer aspiration in the meantime, which means collecting/wishing on a forest spirit and becoming emotionally mindful.

Hiking seemed like a good way to perhaps complete both of those, but sadly all we encountered was a displeased Lily Feng.
    7SDRjw0.png

Back on her home lot, she took one last hike before bedtime and got lucky :)
    Jwb55M0.png

In the morning, Morgan randomly showed up on her lot and started tending her garden.
    BRTbRsm.png

"What are you doing here?"
    wS97jIb.jpg

"My dad had to check on a few things on our rental property, so I thought I'd tag along and surprise you. Unfortunately, I'm just here for the day."
    S0cJaJI.png

Morgan is Rory approved.
    HyMY345.jpg

It was a gorgeous summer day, so they decided to go hiking. (And I had high hopes that Flora would become emotionally mindful and finish off this aspiration, but no luck).
    k90e0mU.jpg

Though the day was beautiful, the heat was becoming a bit unbearable. As they rested in the shade, all they could think of was the cool water of the Wakaba River.
    Cf92Jgs.jpg

pA4a9GP.png

"I've been dying to do this all day..."
    4i6j8KI.png
    RBnYGZH.png
    sVXAx26.png
    XgnfxuS.jpg
    PwAQI8v.png

"My dad's calling," Morgan sighed, checking her very waterproof phone. "I gotta go.."
    svzhGuM.png

Flora stayed for a bit longer, letting her body and mind properly cool off.
    bReCJzt.png

A bit of skill building in the evening so we can make more aspiration progress.
    dckZuz7.jpg

And then what do you know, she became emotionally mindful after doing some fishing.
    RHW6ifl.png

Here's a few items Flora has collected. The pitbeast simmi was her first simmi, and I've never had a sim get that one before, so I decided she could keep it. That element showed up on her lot after a lightening strike, so I thought that was kind of cool so she kept it.
    1FsJS7E.png

—-
    I have reached the last of my pre-played updates; hoping to have time to play more this weekend!
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    @permanentrose

I really love her little collection, and Morgan and Flora make for such a cute couple! I love that they get to do all these fun things together, and they seem like a good match, too!
    @lilypadmeulin
    Aww, Amelia, I'm sure your Nanny had moments of homesickness as well. Love gardening, it can be very lucrative and it's fun. Almost all my Sims have one. :) Oh dang Jenny's curse. Hang in there Amelia.

The beginning of this challenge is always the toughest for our teens eh? But hey, at least she has the basic necessities now.

I hope she gets to visit some festivals too, especially the snow sculpture one. It's so pretty. Ditto for the one with the floating lanterns.

Congrats on the house remodel, it looks great! Yes, it is hard balancing those traits. Responsible goes up a lot easier than the opposite. Good luck with that! Congrats on completing the Simmi collection! :)

I'm so glad you're feeling better, welcome back! <3

@permanentrose
    What a nice surprise for Flora with Morgan showing up unexpectly for the day. Looks like they had a very enjoyable day together. "...Morgan sighed, checking her very waterproof phone..." Good one! hehe :D Great shot of Flora clinging to the mountain side. It's fun saving little mementos from each world eh? I've always tried to do that too, in addition to photos. Cool! :)
    Jan. 13

01-13-23-2-20-20-PM.png
    June and Steve share their first kiss at the Romance Festival!
    (It was too cute an opportunity to pass up, so I let her go when Steve invited her...first time she's travelled outside Mt. Komorebi.)
    01-13-23-2-23-26-PM.png
    01-13-23-9-41-11-PM.png
    01-13-23-9-41-21-PM.png
    Screenshot-12.png
    And she completed her first aspiration!

(Now I'm working on Mt. Komorebi sightseer, and a lot of the stuff she's already done. Should I do it again, or just cheat it as done? What do you guys think? I totally forgot I could switch out lol. I should make it hard for myself and just do it again. I've also been playing in Winter this whole time because I liked the idea of playing in "real time" and making the seasons match the current season, but I have a feeling I may need to change seasons to fulfill some aspirations.)
    @lilypadmeulin glad you are feeling better! Good job getting all the capsules! I haven't tried yet...

@permanentrose I love her little shelf of collectibles.

@DoloresGrey :D Keep trying, Teddy!

@LegacySims2017 Yes, June got the dislike thing pop up, and I rolled with it. Still, she's managed to get level 9 skiing, so that's nice. Can't believe Dante scared himself with his pranks lol.

@Ellupelluellu Very nice photo of Babs at the piano :)
    January 13th Comments:

@Ellupelluellu
    Too bad Dante wasn't around to see Babs playing the piano. He loves the piano himself.

@DoloresGrey
    Teddy will get better at skiing and then showing off his :sunglasses: techniques to Kaori!

@lilypadmeulin
    Aww, I am sure Nanny does know how Amelia is feeling right now. That constant heavy lifting is also getting to her. Hopefully she doesn't fall to the curse of being squished by the machine and her maker will have to revive her in a previous save...lol! My 'high school years' aspiration is taking some time as well. So, I get it.

I bet going to the festivals will also help Amelia with her homesickness. Her little home is coming along nicely. She's got her essentials. Congrats to Amelia for completing the Simmi collection, even if she did have to sell them for simoleons. She'll have the plaque to remember her accomplishment.

@permanentrose
    Yay for that evening stroll/hike and Flora find them spirits. Not a shocker Morgan was there to tend the garden while she waits for Flora to wake up. :blush: Darn waterproof phone interrupting a playful flirty time in the water. :grin:

@Belalucina
    Congrats to June on completing her first Aspiration. I actually did the Seasons thing with D.J. Faireborn. I matched the seasons with the actual days. I got sick of Winter really fast. But I stuck through it. Was hard fishing for a long time. Decided not to do that again. This time around I am picturing watching Dante grow up with aging. Since Teenage life span is 3 months, I decided to have him be 16 in Jan, 17 in Feb, and 18 in Mar. April I will be using the Discover University pack and aim for him aging up probably 4 years within that month as if getting his college degree in a 4 yr span.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif