Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does skiing counts as an exercise?

My sim is skiing a lot, like all day, and it doesn't seem like she is losing any weight. Does it count like an exercise or no?
tumblr_lmunod9VCw1qhfp08o1_500.gif

Comments

• bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Nope, it does not count as exercise, skiing has its own skill set.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Does her body shape not change at all, or does she just not get thinner? Because I don't know about skiing, but my sims tend to get super buff from snowboarding.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    I read neither skiing or snowboarding count as exercise. Rock climbing I’m not sure - that climbing wall from the stuff pack that increases both rock climbing and fitness skill does, but I’m not sure about the rock climbing walls themselves.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    No, just fun.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    That's weird, I never thought to check, but I would have assumed it would surely count as exercise.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I think, since fitness is a skill itself, skiing, snowboarding and rock climbing all have their own skill set. My fitness and outdoor sims love all of them and have high lvls in all of them. If your sim is going to be skiing down rocky slopes, they'd better have their fitness lvl up. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    I think, since fitness is a skill itself, skiing, snowboarding and rock climbing all have their own skill set. My fitness and outdoor sims love all of them and have high lvls in all of them. If your sim is going to be skiing down rocky slopes, they'd better have their fitness lvl up. :D

Yes, they definitely are all unique skill sets. But each of those skill sets should contribute to calorie burning for sims weight loss or gain, which is what she originally asked.
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    Nope, it doesn't, it counts as extreme sports. If you want a sim to lose weight fast get them into some yoga sessions, it's the fastest way to thin Sims without the perk potion.
    Happy simming!
    Nushka wrote: »
    Nope, it doesn't, it counts as extreme sports. If you want a sim to lose weight fast get them into some yoga sessions, it's the fastest way to thin Sims without the perk potion.

Hence my use of the word should, not does.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Seems an odd choice as swimming and the waterslide both count.
  • AliraAlira Posts: 169 Member
    Does her body shape not change at all, or does she just not get thinner? Because I don't know about skiing, but my sims tend to get super buff from snowboarding.

Body does not change at all
    tumblr_lmunod9VCw1qhfp08o1_500.gif
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,957 Member
    edited May 2023
    I try to have my sims eat low calories foods and usually jog if I want them to keep fit, but not buff up. If you have cool kitchen and want them to lose weight quickly, have them eat a serving or two of diet ice cream…. It works…. Lol!. Some exercises have them buff up, some just have them keep from gaining weight, and some do both. And like others were saying maybe skiing is just a skill. I have read that if you play rotationally and you have your sims in the habit of jogging daily that they supposedly continue to do so.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on