Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 5 Ideas

YumengYumeng Posts: 116 Member
  1. Zodiac/Trait/Calendar/BloodType System
    I hope the trait system of Sims 5 will be merged into the calendar system. Sims born in different zodiac signs (Sun Signs, Moon Signs, Rising Signs) are automatically endowed with three different traits. Later, there can also be the specific traits of parental education or the specific traits of blood type in the EPs. For the traits of zodiac signs, please refer to here.
  2. CAS/FamilyTree System
    I hope the CAS system of Sims 5 can intelligently create sims through facial and voiceprint recognition.
    Please do not automatically generate citizens or NPCs. I hope there are only some premade households and sims generated by myself in the simulated world, even if NPC may be not enough. Add more interpersonal titles in the family tree, such as uncle, aunt, cousin, father-in-law, brother-in-law, granddaughter-in-law, etc.
  3. Age System
    I hope time in Sims 5 runs slower and it changes season every three days. Days in Sims 5 is equal to months in the real world. There could be 8 to 10 life stages in Sims 5. Young Babies last three or some days; Babies last three or some days for learning speaking and walking at home; Young Children last six or some days for learning 1 to 2 pts of skills at preschool; Children last six or some days for learning 3 to 4 pts of skills at primary school; Young Teens last three or some days for learning 5 to 6 pts of skills at junior high school; Teens last three or some days for learning 7 to 8 pts of skills at senior high school if they pass the entrance exam; Young Adults last six or some days for learning 9 to 10 pts of skills at university if they pass the entrance exam; Adults last twelve or some days for working if they pass the interview; Young Elders last six or some days; Elders last uncertain days. Babies and Young Children could be combined; Young Teens and Teens could be combined.
  4. Aspiration/Want/Fear/Memory System
    I hope Sims 5 will have a series of Sims 2 style systems such as Primary & Secondary Aspirations, Wants & Fears and Memories, etc. And I hope every memory has a detailed date.
  5. FPP/Weather System
    In life mode, each time you enter a room, expand the first person perspective based on the room, and cancel the wall cutting. Building mode is not affected by this.
    Level 0 - no wind, level 1 - gentle wind, level 2 - strong wind, level 3 - typhoon.
  6. 0 Rabbitholes/Career System
    I hope Sims 5 no longer has any rabbit holes, such as tree house, public toilet, tramcar, primary school and all jobs. There are at least three classes in kindergartens, primary schools, middle schools and universities. The school area can be built as freely as other areas. Add careers as manga artist, voice actor, and publishing house. Various weekly magazines and separate editions can be published. TV dramas, movies, cartoons, MTVs, and commercials can be filmed and shown. Games can be developed and sold, and related consoles and arcades can be played.
  7. Action System
    Sims have actions, such as opening and closing doors/windows, dressing and undressing, taking out and putting back dishes/mugs/pans/condiment bottles/toothbrushes/umbrellas/clothes/shoes/socks from cupboards/umbrella racks/wardrobes, etc.
  8. Society System
    Merge SimCity and Civilization into The Sims. Medieval Society, Modern Society, Future Society, Primeval Society. Each society matches and restricts its own society function, clothing style, goods, house style and occupation, etc. After playing three or four generations, the system will automatically ask whether to change the society type. Sims who originally lived in the Future Society survived in the Primeval Society because of the end of the world, and became gods in the eyes of primitive sims. It is better to cancel the Simlish language and change it to a variety of real languages, such as English, Cantonese, Japanese, Korean, etc.
  9. Others
    I hope in Sims 5 we can take pillows and sheets out of the closet and put them on the ground to sleep and bring them back to the closet, and we can wash and dry them. I hope in Sims 5 we will have half-tile walls, single-tile Japanese sliding doors, prominent window sills, inverted half walls, vertical sloping walls, available air conditioners, rain gutters, discontinuous voice slider(mid-value can be taken) and rotating objects horizontally and vertically in a discontinuous manner(22.5 degrees per rotation).
    Cats can walk and sleep on half walls.
What improvements do you want in Sims 5?
We need the function of zodiac signs, half-tile walls, prominent window sills, inverted half walls, discontinuous voice slider(mid-value can be taken) and rotating objects horizontally and vertically in a discontinuous manner(22.5 degrees per rotation).
Post edited by Yumeng on

Comments

• DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    I like those ideas I also want personality points back add those with lots more traits and better aspirations and teens getting their own height and more diverse hairstyles (with a color wheel) and I’d be happy… For CAS
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I personally don't want a trait system that is tied to a zodiac sign. I much prefer to define my sim with the traits I feel suits them best as the character I have in mind for them to be.

As long as that was an optional thing that players could turn on/off, that would be fine.

Like @DevSims91, I too am hoping for some type of traits point system, I don't believe that traits should be equally divided, that makes the sims way too similar.

In TS4 if you give you sim 3 traits they are equally divided, so if you would have 2 sims with the exact same traits they will act the same, such as

Cheerful = 3 personality points
    Lazy = 3 personality points
    Adventurous = 3 personality points

With a Point type system, I could create this instead

Sims A
    Cheerful = 4 personality points
    Lazy = 2 personality point

Sims B
    Cheerful = 5 personality points
    Lazy = 3 personality point
    Adventurous = 1 personality points
  • YumengYumeng Posts: 116 Member
    edited January 2023
    DevSims91 wrote: »
    I like those ideas I also want personality points back add those with lots more traits and better aspirations and teens getting their own height and more diverse hairstyles (with a color wheel) and I’d be happy… For CAS

Yes, personality points at different levels match different behaviors and consequences just like skill points and I like aspirations/aspiration meter/wants & fears/lifetime wants/memories system of Sims 2 and on this basis add the sentiment system of Sims 4 that would be nice.

Yes, I also want different heights at the same age group and all the things with a color wheel, that would be nice.
    Post edited by Yumeng on
    We need the function of zodiac signs, half-tile walls, prominent window sills, inverted half walls, discontinuous voice slider(mid-value can be taken) and rotating objects horizontally and vertically in a discontinuous manner(22.5 degrees per rotation).
    I personally don't want a trait system that is tied to a zodiac sign. I much prefer to define my sim with the traits I feel suits them best as the character I have in mind for them to be.

As long as that was an optional thing that players could turn on/off, that would be fine.

Like @DevSims91, I too am hoping for some type of traits point system, I don't believe that traits should be equally divided, that makes the sims way too similar.

In TS4 if you give you sim 3 traits they are equally divided, so if you would have 2 sims with the exact same traits they will act the same, such as

Cheerful = 3 personality points
    Lazy = 3 personality points

With a Point type system, I could create this instead

Sims A
    Cheerful = 4 personality points
    Lazy = 2 personality point

Sims B
    Cheerful = 5 personality points
    Lazy = 3 personality point
    Adventurous = 1 personality points

Yes, we could be free to choose any trait after the system automatically generates the three zodiacal traits according to some rule instead of random traits.

Yes, the sims way too similar in Sims 4. Every trait could have personality points just like skill points. By the way, I think skills are too many in Sims 4, it would be great if they could integrate them.
  • insertcleavernameinsertcleavername Posts: 1 New Member
    Are you guys planning on bringing back pool tables and nectar making?
    Are you guys planning on bringing back pool tables and nectar making?

They could make EPs about sports and various plants including these items.
  • EleriEleri Posts: 545 Member
    In Sims 1 and 2 we had six core personality dimensions (e.g. loner to outgoing, serious to playful) with points that had had a powerful affect on the sims.
    In Sims 4 we pick three personality traits. Far more choices, but most of them are far less powerful.

I would like Sims 5 to have both. Every sims has a number of points on the same group of core personality dimensions, but they also have two or three highly specific extra traits (e.g. dog lover, squeamish) to give them some extra flavor.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • professorlilithprofessorlilith Posts: 392 Member
    VR. With the PSVR2 coming out, I want to pick up my little sims and put them in their dollhouses, put them in the path of lightning, drop them in the pool, and lock them into tiny closed spaces with my own evil hands.
    edited January 2023
    Eleri wrote: »
    In Sims 1 and 2 we had six core personality dimensions (e.g. loner to outgoing, serious to playful) with points that had had a powerful affect on the sims.
    In Sims 4 we pick three personality traits. Far more choices, but most of them are far less powerful.

I would like Sims 5 to have both. Every sims has a number of points on the same group of core personality dimensions, but they also have two or three highly specific extra traits (e.g. dog lover, squeamish) to give them some extra flavor.

Yes! The six core personality dimensions in Sims 1 and 2 probably correspond to the six pairs of the opposite zodiac signs (Aries to Libra, Taurus to Scorpio, Gemini to Sagittarius, Cancer to Capricorn, Leo to Aquarius, Virgo to Pisces). I hope the zodiac traits system of Sims 5 can be more complex.

I think there are at least five points or ten points on the same group of core personality dimensions, which is good (e.g. 1&2pts=dog hater, 3&4pts=dog disliker, 5&6pts=normal, 7&8pts=dog liker, 9&10pts=dog lover).
    Post edited by Yumeng on
    VR. With the PSVR2 coming out, I want to pick up my little sims and put them in their dollhouses, put them in the path of lightning, drop them in the pool, and lock them into tiny closed spaces with my own evil hands.

Although I haven't played VR yet, I also hope that there will be VR in the Sims series. Ordinary Sims and VR Sims can be divided into two series.
  • mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    well mostly everything from the sims 1 to 4
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    Height sliders, but I have a very specific request for them. I don't want just completely analog height sliders. Just have, say six set heights: Infant, Toddler, Very Short, Short, Average, and Tall.

Infants can be infant height. There's no real need to have super-tall babies. Same for toddlers; just toddler-sized.

Children can be Very Short or Short, with the default being very short.

Teens default to Short, but can also be Very Short, Average, or Tall.

Young Adults/Adults/Elders can be any size from Very Short to Tall.

At child, teen, and young adult age-ups, you can choose whether to make your sim taller (but not shorter without cheats), or the default will be Infant, Toddler, Child (Very Short), Teen (Short), Young Adult (Average), and then remaining average height.

Why do I want this, which seems way more complex than just a height slider? For the animations. If you have a very short sim, regardless of age, they'll do a task the same way (if it's appropriate for their age). If you have two sims of different heights interacting, the game checks the height difference and uses the appropriate animation for the height difference. A tall sim shaking hands with an average sim could use the same animation as a short sim shaking hands with a very short sim. It means you need multiple animations any time a sim that could be multiple heights interacts with another sim or item, but I think it's the best way to do different heights and still be able to line up animations properly.

What made me think of this was installing a mod that let children do adult exercise activities. Occasionally they'd stop and stretch and because there wasn't an animation for child-height sims stretching, they'd suddenly turn into Slenderman, and then back to child-sized.

And if that causes a need for too many animations, you could reduce it. Maybe teens through elders only range from short to tall. It reduces the option to make sims who are little people, and I'd prefer to have that option, but there are probably programming and other considerations.
    mollie1998 wrote: »
    well mostly everything from the sims 1 to 4

Yes, I agree, too.
    edited January 2023
    kemowery wrote: »
    Height sliders, but I have a very specific request for them. I don't want just completely analog height sliders. Just have, say six set heights: Infant, Toddler, Very Short, Short, Average, and Tall.

Infants can be infant height. There's no real need to have super-tall babies. Same for toddlers; just toddler-sized.

Children can be Very Short or Short, with the default being very short.

Teens default to Short, but can also be Very Short, Average, or Tall.

Young Adults/Adults/Elders can be any size from Very Short to Tall.

At child, teen, and young adult age-ups, you can choose whether to make your sim taller (but not shorter without cheats), or the default will be Infant, Toddler, Child (Very Short), Teen (Short), Young Adult (Average), and then remaining average height.

Why do I want this, which seems way more complex than just a height slider? For the animations. If you have a very short sim, regardless of age, they'll do a task the same way (if it's appropriate for their age). If you have two sims of different heights interacting, the game checks the height difference and uses the appropriate animation for the height difference. A tall sim shaking hands with an average sim could use the same animation as a short sim shaking hands with a very short sim. It means you need multiple animations any time a sim that could be multiple heights interacts with another sim or item, but I think it's the best way to do different heights and still be able to line up animations properly.

What made me think of this was installing a mod that let children do adult exercise activities. Occasionally they'd stop and stretch and because there wasn't an animation for child-height sims stretching, they'd suddenly turn into Slenderman, and then back to child-sized.

And if that causes a need for too many animations, you could reduce it. Maybe teens through elders only range from short to tall. It reduces the option to make sims who are little people, and I'd prefer to have that option, but there are probably programming and other considerations.

Good idea! And I hope there will be Young Elder sims.

Infants: infant-sized Toddlers: toddler-sized
    Children: Very Short or Short, default to Very Short
    Teens/Young Adults/Adults/Young Elders: Very Short, Short, Tall or Very Tall, default to Tall
    Elders: Very Short, Short or Tall, default to Short

Very Short: 130 to 149 cm
    Short: 150 to 169 cm
    Tall: 170 to 189 cm
    Very Tall: 190 to 209+ cm

Infants: 0 years old
    Toddlers: 1 to 6 years old, go to preschool
    Children: 7 to 12 years old, go to primary school
    Teens: 13 to 19 years old, go to high school
    Young Adults: 20 to 39 years old, go to university or work
    Adults: 40 to 59 years old, go to university or work
    Young Elders: 60 to 79 years old, go to university for the elderly or work
    Elders: 80 to 99+ years old, go to university for the elderly or work
    Post edited by Yumeng on
  • mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    A theme park and apartment just like in the sims 4 please
    mollie1998 wrote: »
    A theme park and apartment just like in the sims 4 please

I really prefer the apartments in Sims 2.
  • EleriEleri Posts: 545 Member
    @Yumeng Jinks! I was going to say that.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
    Eleri wrote: »
    @Yumeng Jinks! I was going to say that.

We have the same idea :)
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,395 Member
    Yumeng wrote: »
    1. CAS System
      I hope the CAS system of Sims 5 can intelligently create sims through facial recognition.
    2. Trait & Calendar System
      I hope the trait system of Sims 5 will be merged into the calendar system. Sims born in different zodiac signs (sun signs, moon signs, rising signs) are automatically endowed with three different traits. Later, there can also be the specific traits of parental education or the specific traits of blood type in the EPs. For the traits of zodiac signs, please refer to here.
    3. FPP System
      In life mode, each time you enter a room, expand the first person perspective based on the room, and cancel the wall cutting. Building mode is not affected by this.
    4. Job & School System
      I hope Sims 5 no longer has any rabbit holes, such as primary school and all jobs. There are at least three classes in kindergartens, primary schools, middle schools and universities. The school area can be built as freely as other areas.
    5. Object & Action System
      Sims have actions, such as opening and closing doors/windows, dressing and undressing, taking out and putting back dishes/mugs/pans/condiment bottles/toothbrushes/umbrellas/clothes/shoes/socks from cupboards/umbrella racks/wardrobes, etc.

I really want both slider traits that EVERY sim is "graded" on as well as traits that add additional depth and dimension.
    7vtomd82n9wu.png

He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    I know this would be an expansion pack rather than base game, but I would love for apartments to be customizable (Sims 2-style).

I think basic small pets should be included in base game, though. I did not like the way TS4 delivered small pets and would love to know who thought omitting them from the Pets expansion pack and packaging them in a separate pack was a good idea.

I also think after-school activities (I don't mind if they're rabbit holes) would be nice. After-work activities could be a nice way to meet and befriend coworkers. It could pop up as an opportunity to go grab food as a group or an office party.
    Yumeng wrote: »
    1. CAS System
      I hope the CAS system of Sims 5 can intelligently create sims through facial recognition.
    2. Trait & Calendar System
      I hope the trait system of Sims 5 will be merged into the calendar system. Sims born in different zodiac signs (sun signs, moon signs, rising signs) are automatically endowed with three different traits. Later, there can also be the specific traits of parental education or the specific traits of blood type in the EPs. For the traits of zodiac signs, please refer to here.
    3. FPP System
    4. Job & School System
      I hope Sims 5 no longer has any rabbit holes, such as primary school and all jobs. There are at least three classes in kindergartens, primary schools, middle schools and universities. The school area can be built as freely as other areas.
    5. Object & Action System

I really want both slider traits that EVERY sim is "graded" on as well as traits that add additional depth and dimension.
    7vtomd82n9wu.png

In fact, everything has two sides, and every trait can also have two sides. Each trait can be divided into 10 levels like each skill, e.g. Very Absent-Minded (1&2Pts) < Absent-Minded (3&4Pts) < Normal (5&6Pts) < Present-Minded (7&8Pts) < Very Present-Minded (9&10Pts).

However, some special traits can also be set. For example, the 48 zodiac traits.
    SimChic1 wrote: »
    I know this would be an expansion pack rather than base game, but I would love for apartments to be customizable (Sims 2-style).

I think basic small pets should be included in base game, though. I did not like the way TS4 delivered small pets and would love to know who thought omitting them from the Pets expansion pack and packaging them in a separate pack was a good idea.

I also think after-school activities (I don't mind if they're rabbit holes) would be nice. After-work activities could be a nice way to meet and befriend coworkers. It could pop up as an opportunity to go grab food as a group or an office party.

Yes, I also like the Sims 2-style and if basic small pets are in BG, that would be nice.

I hope the time of Sims 5 will be set a little slower, otherwise there will not be enough time for many activities.
  • plutooplutoo Posts: 2 New Member
    I want heterochromia that's honestly my biggest concern even though its tiny. The sims is about getting creative making sims and making yourself in game is something a lot of people do but I can't do that. I can give my dog heterochromia but not my sim self so no matter what i cant really make myself in game like others can.
    plutoo wrote: »
    I want heterochromia that's honestly my biggest concern even though its tiny. The sims is about getting creative making sims and making yourself in game is something a lot of people do but I can't do that. I can give my dog heterochromia but not my sim self so no matter what i cant really make myself in game like others can.

I hope there will be heterochromia in Sims 5.
  • ReedusRocks38ReedusRocks38 Posts: 10 New Member
    You know what I really miss from Sims 3? Supernatural!! You could be a witch, ghost, werewolf, fairy, or a vampire!! There was such a great selection all in one expansion pack. I would love to see another Sims Supernatural with all of those options in it again.