Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who else wants to play the Sims in VR?

Imagine being able to pick up your sims, build their houses, open their closets and wardrobes, plant gardens, and fish in game with your own hands. Let's make Project Rene available in VR as well as normal flat screen!

Comments

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    No thanks, I'm personally not interested in that. That's what RL is for. I have no desire to be doing things in a game, if I wanted to do those things I I would just do them in the real world.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    no thank you to that
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,845 Member
    Oh I'm into that, but I probably wouldn't be able to afford the gear.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited January 2023
    Imagine being able to pick up your sims, build their houses, open their closets and wardrobes, plant gardens, and fish in game with your own hands. Let's make Project Rene available in VR as well as normal flat screen!

I like the idea of First-person view returning, only less choppy and less motion-sickness inducing. If we could combine the two and have both work, this would be great! One person on the team added this as their personal project - I was fooled into thinking the entire team had contributed to this as a feature, though a buggy one. If this was built in from the start, I think it would work WAY better, and more smoothly.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member
    No thanks, I'm personally not interested in that. That's what RL is for. I have no desire to be doing things in a game, if I wanted to do those things I I would just do them in the real world.

This right here. ^
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Nope. An expensive dilution of what comes across as an already over extended project. Throw VR in and a lot of potential players have been left behind.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,420 Member
    Not interested. I don't like those kinds of goggles that disconnect me visually from my surroundings.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Nope I don't want to be a Sim also imaging all the other Sim getting exhausted after a Sim day and going to bed whilst you yourself are fully awake walking around the house all the night waiting for the other Sims to wake up.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,337 Member
    I would be interested, especially looking at the sim world through the eyes of my simself. That would be awesome and engaging.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Never, ever. :s
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    I never knew how awesome VR could be til I tried it myself, and I do love it, but the sinister side of giant corporations getting us to sign user agreements few ever read, that lwf them record and listen on on not only us on gameplay, but our surroundings, other household members kr visitors, conversations, names, specific words..and they all want everything we do online all nice synced up together and open to them. That's the part I hate and what keeps me from going all in, with VR. It is that amazing to be able to socialize and interact with friends, relatives who live far away, etc. You can watch movies in the same room and see each other's avatars, attend cool dance events, wear nit only any clothes you like but any body you like.

But the giant corporations salivating and rubbing their hands together over total surveillance makes me angry.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg