Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape - few questions

So, I want a new world, and despite never really anting Snowy Escape, I now think the world might fit well with my ongoing game where I want a 2nd kingdom, and it is logical that nature is different. Also the different culture might help, but I have not decided yet if I will keep the Japan traditional stuff or modernize it drastically.

A few things I'd like to know before getting this pack...

I found there are mostly tiny lots, and I'd actually want minimum 3 big lots for palace etc. I see both Wakaba and Yucimatsu hoods have one 50x50 lot each. I guess I can use the former (although it would be better if the royal palace was located in the Senbamachi hood which appears to be older (and more holy?). And . how about the 50x50 lot in the snowy hood? Is it located top of a mountain, or would it make sense building a palace there? The snowy surroundings actually would match quite well with this planned king, that leads a clan holding black&white traditions.

Lifestyles?
I am familiar with Sentiments, as we got a few added to BG when this pack was released.
I wonder if the remaining sentiments are strictly related to Mt.Komorebi?
How bout Lifestyles, are they mainly focusing on snow sports or are there also lifestyles fitting all kinds of sims?
How will Lifestyle affect a sim - different that Aspirations already do?
Do Lifestyles form by what the sim does through life? Is only relations and social interactions forming the Lifestyle?
Will childhood choices also count?
Is there a time in life when the Lifestyle is set (like YA birthday?). And can it be altered in CAS?
Do Lifestyles work a bit like an Attraction system, or will sims not mind much what lifestyle other sims live?

Seasons and weather?
I don't recall if we had seasons when this pack was released. Will there be changing seasons and weather in all 3 hoods?

Japanese NPCs outside Mt. Komorebi?
Will there be Japanese sims in all other worlds? I won't mind a few, but it might fee wrong if they flock to the streets all over, especially because I want it to be a rather secluded far-away kingdom.
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited December 2022
    I can try and answer some of your questions. No changing weather, especially up on the mountains, always snowy. My sims go there for their summer vacation to ski.

There are Japanese sims everywhere.

Lifestyles are depended on the sim. If they like to spend a lot of time outdoors, they will end up with outdoorsy lifestyle. These lifestyles are not carved in stone...they can change. When a sim has the Single and Lovin It lifestyle, if they were to get into a relationship, they will have second thoughts. Other sims aren't usually affected by those lifestyles, just the sim it applies to. There are all different lifestyles. If you wanted a particular sim to have that lifestyle, just make sure you do things that would cause it.

The big lot on the mountain would be a great place to put down a palace. Unfortunately, you would also have to bulldoze the Onsen Bathhouse to get to another large lot. Not sure that is a lot you would want to get rid of. Someone else may have a better answer.

I hope I answered some of your questions. Happy Simming! <3
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Thanks a bunch @bshag4lv :)

Now I wonder if sims can ski in other worlds in Winter? Or do they only do down hill skiing, nothing on flat ground that kids at home would enjoy? I've seen pictures from the skiing hill, but didn't I also see a picture from a sim walking/hiking wearing skis...?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,709 Member
    Skiing is confined to Mt. Komorebi.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    Seasons change everywhere except Yukimatsu which is always snowy

and big lot in wakaba is definitely palace material although i have yet to come up with build myself

if you bulldoze the modern houses in wakaba i feel it almost suits the historical feel better than the shrine neighborhood too since you don't have so many shells between your own lots

the lot on top of the mountain isn't on map its kinda like hidden lot and sure would suit palace if its not important for sims to live on the lot etc.

the empty snowy lot on map is just normal residential lot to do what you please with

Japanese sims show up everywhere just like other worlds sims show up everywhere

and as for lifestyles idk cause i got bored of them so i turned them off :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited December 2022
    I’m not sure if it’s helpful to you but I use the 50x50 lot in Yukimatsu so I’ve taken some screenshots so you can get an idea of where it is and what size you have.

6968-BD54-3100-4-C06-A5-A6-0-B746-CB98235.jpg801-D46-DA-7-FAF-49-F8-ABB5-A7-B7-A2-AA2-D5-C.jpg235-E8-ABC-9-D2-C-4-AA9-BC66-E36838-DB034-D.jpgC3-C6-F8-F7-2-F9-E-468-D-8-DB6-B5746-FF69-C9-C.jpg

It’s huge and at a dead end which is good for lot screenshots, you can take sims behind it or to the sides of it. Townies will walk around the side of it.

All of your outside will be covered in snow, plants roofs benches etc. It’s a snow world. It’s near to the bathhouse which is Japanese style and not obtrusive. However further down the path there’s a full on ski resort with flags, vending machines, ski lifts, mascot statues etc.

You will also get the mascot come into your lot and make orange juice but you can probably delete him.

There is changing weather in Yukimatsu. It’s always snowy but you get Sunny (normal outfit) Cold (cold weather) and also snow thunderstorm and blizzards (stay inside). Depth of snow changes too and that depends if you can make snow angels or not. I think you need seasons to experience some if not all of the weather changes.
    Ah, that's very helpful @JustinB113 - thanks!

Not optimal to have the bath that close to the entrance of the palace, but it might be possible to add a story - like the palace was there first, then relation between king and his brother turned sour, brother sold land to a company starting a snow sports center. King and brother never spoke again after that, and now - 3 generations later there is still some hard feelings between descendants :)

My plan is to build the official ritual+meeting rooms in the middle hood, it seems to be the oldest hood and probably a tad more holy, too. Makes sense that some stately business takes place there. And if so, the palace up there in the snowy hood can be more secluded and entrance a little less impressive.

In another kingdom I was stupid to build private domains and throne room, offices and representation rooms on the same lot - it got way too massive for my computer and takes forever to load. So this time I will separate those businesses :)
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Seasons change everywhere except Yukimatsu which is always snowy

and big lot in wakaba is definitely palace material although i have yet to come up with build myself

if you bulldoze the modern houses in wakaba i feel it almost suits the historical feel better than the shrine neighborhood too since you don't have so many shells between your own lots

the lot on top of the mountain isn't on map its kinda like hidden lot and sure would suit palace if its not important for sims to live on the lot etc.

the empty snowy lot on map is just normal residential lot to do what you please with

Japanese sims show up everywhere just like other worlds sims show up everywhere

and as for lifestyles idk cause i got bored of them so i turned them off :sweat_smile:

Thanks! I was not really planning on using the top of mountain lot, I read there is often snow-thunder-storms up there. My regent is not a very kind one, so maybe some bad weather would suit him, though :)

I'll check out both the winter hood 50x50 and the youth hood 50x50. As the palace is meant to be a few generations old, it might be wrong placing it in a modern hood, but I could always make up a reason or adjust surroundings.

I was hoping Japanese townies would stay away just like you never see locals from Sulani walking the streets. I will not feel that the Japanese world is far away if the population shows up everywhere. At least I can adjust their outfits to avoid anything extreme... Really wish we could control these tings...
    Skiing is confined to Mt. Komorebi.

Bummer! But well, I'm not shocked...
    edited December 2022
    Ah, that's very helpful @JustinB113 - thanks!

Not optimal to have the bath that close to the entrance of the palace, but it might be possible to add a story - like the palace was there first, then relation between king and his brother turned sour, brother sold land to a company starting a snow sports center. King and brother never spoke again after that, and now - 3 generations later there is still some hard feelings between descendants :)

My plan is to build the official ritual+meeting rooms in the middle hood, it seems to be the oldest hood and probably a tad more holy, too. Makes sense that some stately business takes place there. And if so, the palace up there in the snowy hood can be more secluded and entrance a little less impressive.

In another kingdom I was stupid to build private domains and throne room, offices and representation rooms on the same lot - it got way too massive for my computer and takes forever to load. So this time I will separate those businesses :)

No problem! I just tried editing the bathhouse. You can bulldoze it and rebuild it from scratch however it appears that it must be a bathhouse type. The lot is required for the Mount Komorebi expedition so it’s special.

Also here’s a shot of the 50x50 in the southern neighbourhood. All id say about this one is there’s some ‘modernish’ houses you can’t delete on the outskirts of the world but they aren’t close to the lot you want. The two closest houses can be demolished.

It has a very pretty lake and gardens and it would be suitable for a palace. I think either 50x50 lot will suit your purpose and you’d probably enjoying making use of all the neighbourhoods in some way.
    3538-A517-1-EDE-4747-AE90-874-B01-F73154.jpgCE4783-CF-9-B19-441-C-AC79-1-FB34949-C5-C3.jpg

Also back on Yukimatsu, you can turn off snowstorms, snow thunder etc in the settings if you choose!
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    The 50x50 lot in Yukimatsu would be an advantageous spot to defend from attack up on a mountain like that, thus a very good place for a castle :)

There are shrines and stuff up in the nooks and crannies of the mountain, both in Yukimatsu and Senbamachi.

For your purposes I think the thing to be aware of is that there are a lot of buildings and modern-looking things in the neighborhood terrain, especially Wakaba, and Yukimatsu with the ski lifts and vending area and all that.
    gen3-banner.png
    One question for others who have played in Yukimatsu, what's your experience with gardening there? My sims moved there in winter and now it is spring. Winter plants grew normally, but now in spring, the spring plants don't grow-- they actually say "Out of season" and the season listed is "spring", while it is spring. The only plants growing are the all-season plants and the crocus which is winter and spring.
    I feel like this might be related to the constant snow cover? Realistic if so.
    The "Out of season" text shows that it isn't just the dirt pile bug.

Hopefully this isn't hijacking your thread too bad @Simmerville -- I do remember that your nobles use large gardens though so maybe relevant to you.
    gen3-banner.png
    One question for others who have played in Yukimatsu, what's your experience with gardening there? My sims moved there in winter and now it is spring. Winter plants grew normally, but now in spring, the spring plants don't grow-- they actually say "Out of season" and the season listed is "spring", while it is spring. The only plants growing are the all-season plants and the crocus which is winter and spring.
    I feel like this might be related to the constant snow cover? Realistic if so.
    The "Out of season" text shows that it isn't just the dirt pile bug.

Hopefully this isn't hijacking your thread too bad @Simmerville -- I do remember that your nobles use large gardens though so maybe relevant to you.

No problem, and I do like gardening both in RL and in game, so I'd like to know if there is any specifics for Mt Komorebi.
    Assuming a greenhouse works like in other worlds, perhaps you should shelter your plants? Would not reply to your question, though.
    edited December 2022
    EDIT: I'm pretty sure I found a pack with rec specs Win 10, but tonight I can't find it. So I must have imagined it all, LOL. Seems like all packs still support Win 8.1.

Oh my... I just explored the packs I don't own on Origin, and I can actually make a bundle - which will be my very first!!! :) I have lots of packs, but I noticed that the latest pack has Win 10 as req. spec., and I am on Win 8.1. This means packs might work still, but I must expect some trouble sooner or later. I was thinking to hold back on getting Snowy Escape until we know what the next EP will be, but now I realize that I might no be able to run any of the future packs on my current computer... So, then there is no point in waiting for their next announcement...

I might bundle Snowy Escape + Magic Realm GP + Mochino SP (photo studio, never remember the correct name, lol)

Both SE and MR come with a new world, and I play Get Famous quite a lot, so I guess I will get use of the additional photo studio features in that pack. I will need to hold back until I produced the final 2 The Bagged Talent shows, though, in case I run into problems (or will want to explore new content instead of editing videos). The wait will be less than 1 week, though, I think I'll survive :)

Post edited by Simmerville on
  • AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    edited December 2022
    @Simmerville I have Snowy Escape, and It has to many rental lots, but it does have about 2 big lots as in like 50 by 50 but they are like a nightclub or cafe for example. What you can do Is delete the lot that's on the big lot, and replace it with a big house if that's what you want and use one of the smaller lots as a cafe or bar, etc. I would delete at least one of the rental lots, maybe 2. And put something cool in their place. As far as Lifestyles go Bshag pretty much explains it. If you are outdoors a lot you build up to that outdoorsy lifestyle and there are pros and cons to having a lifestyle each one different of course, and there are maybe 15 different lifestyles. I haven't explored the new world so I can't comment much on it, but I know that it's very Japanese culture inspired, sort of Zen like. And I actually like that a lot. I meditate in the game and in real life. One thing I don't like is after I got that expansion bad Asian sims townies started spawning in my manage worlds section and are in the game, which I delete some and others I put death as an option for their neighborhood stories, dark right, lol. But I look forward to exploring that world, and snowboarding, and I might even add a Buddhist temple from the gallery, I saw a few. I give it a thumbs up, but I have yet to rock climb, ski, snowboard or basically even visit one of the lots. But I've seen the world and read about the expansion as well, and also lessons in game gives you information. I would buy it if its on sale, and if its not on sale I would go to sims wiki or carls sims pages and study briefly what the expansion adds and then decide..peace.
    Yay have fun @Simmerville !

gen3-banner.png
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    One thing I would like to add is that there is an on/off toggle for lifestyles in the options. I'm not sure if you want to turn them off but it is nice to know it's possible.

I might bundle Snowy Escape + Magic Realm GP + Mochino SP (photo studio, never remember the correct name, lol)

That’s a nice bundle. I’ve played quite a bit in both of those worlds and Moschino pack generally is liked by builders and for the photography. That bundle should keep you busy for a while however you choose to play :)
    Me again :) I ended up buying only Snowy Escape without the bundle. I figured I wanted Magic only for the BB, and the Moshino pack I might not need at all, or might get later - it's not that I need t save money to buy a SP that is not expensive to start with - if I MUST have it.

Anyway, I am surprised how well I like Mt. Komorebi! I was first thinking hat it is a pity that hardly any features can be used in other worlds, but then I started to see how features from most other packs are brilliant with Snowy Escape! So now I'm super busy trying to customize buildings and stories, adding Asian elements from all over the game. And the world itself is very cool, I didn't think I would like it this much :)

Just posted on my blog with what changes I'm about to do to Mt. Komorebi.

20230103a.jpg
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Snow Escape's Mt. Komorebi is a very good Winter World with 2 50X50 lots, a 43X30 lot & many 30X20 lots & a few 20X15 lots. It also has some very nice CAS, Build Mode Objects, a fun Mountain Climb Summit gameplay, Skiing/Snowboarding gameplay & some Festivals. ;):p
    Have fun @Simmerville :)
    gen3-banner.png
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    Me again :) I ended up buying only Snowy Escape without the bundle. I figured I wanted Magic only for the BB, and the Moshino pack I might not need at all, or might get later - it's not that I need t save money to buy a SP that is not expensive to start with - if I MUST have it.

Anyway, I am surprised how well I like Mt. Komorebi! I was first thinking hat it is a pity that hardly any features can be used in other worlds, but then I started to see how features from most other packs are brilliant with Snowy Escape! So now I'm super busy trying to customize buildings and stories, adding Asian elements from all over the game. And the world itself is very cool, I didn't think I would like it this much :)

Just posted on my blog with what changes I'm about to do to Mt. Komorebi.

20230103a.jpg

I am glad you like it. I just took a look at your blog and it is an interesting read. You seem to really make the world your own by changing a lot of buildings. That's awesome. Reading about combination with other packs was inspirering. After reading your blog, I feel like adding a restaurant to Komorebi in my game as well.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @Simmerville I just read your blog and I love your changes to Mt. Komorebi! I like to add components from different packs in my towns as well, as one small change can make a big difference. Everything you chose to do fits so well there and I admire your creativity! Very inspiring! You are giving me many ideas to try out. Would love to add buildings similar to the Asian world in Sims 3.
    edited January 2023
    I’m glad you like it! As more of a gameplayer than a builder I think it is quite a self enclosed expansion but it’s really good, I’ve been playing it almost exclusively since early November or so and still have things to do, and that’s without that much building. It’s a fun pack with a lot in it, it just kinda is it’s own thing. I like that you made two palaces in the end!
    Thanks @Atreya33 @maggiemae8135 @JustinB113

I'm surprised with the world, it seems to contain so much more than I expected. Just discovered the graveyard and the temple.

Still having fun forming the local culture and a few local families.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    It's one of my favorites because no where else has snow or the ability to ski all summer. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.