Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Babies January 3rd? ;) (Confirmed to be March 14!)

Comments

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Jokubas wrote: »
    I'm surprised at how much of a mixed reaction preteens get on this forum. I get from a practical perspective that they aren't likely to be compatible with large amounts of existing content, and that also cascades a bit in meaning they either won't get more support going forward or will take time away from other things.

Nevertheless, the jump between small child and identical-to-an-adult-teen is extremely glaring to me (though, to be fair, it's a side effect of Teen, Young Adult, Adult, and Elder being more or less identical). I would think the high number of roleplayers/family sim type players on this forum would be more bothered by that. Maybe it's different groups though. * shrug *

I personally don't need more age groups and especially no more young groups. I'm also not looking forward to the baby update. The game is already much too childish for my taste. And the handling of High School and University - 7 ingame weeks of repetitive classes and endless homework - doesn't make appetite for more youth themes. Normal "adult" packs like Get famous, City living or Snowy escape have been 100 % more successful.
  • lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
    > @Gordy said:
    > I feel like January or February is too soon. I'd like to be proven wrong, but I'm expecting something around March-May.

They said EARLY 2023. To me early 2023 is January-Fabruary, March at the latest. Fabruary is the month when game packs tend to come out so maybe then and we will get sth about generations?
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    I think The Sims 4 Generations will come this year and if the guru posting a pic of him with a scythe is a hint. I feel like they They will be adding funerals to it if they do make Generations I would like to see more family bonding things like mom and dad telling your teen and child sim's to come home right after school because grama is coming over and bringing back teen parties and baby shower's I am a big story teller so anything to tell my family's story's would be great also REALISTIC Adoption like this mode I saw on YouTubeI forget what it's called foster family's would be cool too and maybe family reunions
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    gamercat wrote: »
    I think The Sims 4 Generations will come this year and if the guru posting a pic of him with a scythe is a hint. I feel like they They will be adding funerals to it if they do make Generations I would like to see more family bonding things like mom and dad telling your teen and child sim's to come home right after school because grama is coming over and bringing back teen parties and baby shower's I am a big story teller so anything to tell my family's story's would be great also REALISTIC Adoption like this mode I saw on YouTubeI forget what it's called foster family's would be cool too and maybe family reunions

Oh if it comes with the ability to play as Grim Reaper in an active career, that would be wonderful, and a first for the franchise.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Oh if it comes with the ability to play as Grim Reaper in an active career, that would be wonderful, and a first for the franchise.
    Plough your way through your neighbours and free up lots of lots in this high body-count new career!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I guess we're Babies Before Spring? Here for this.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Babies when, when, when?
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I'm guessing the new Baby Lifestate will be in the game sometime in February.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I'm guessing the new Baby Lifestate will be in the game sometime in February.

It could come latter this month. Since it seems the first thing is update
  • BooDaBoo5BooDaBoo5 Posts: 253 Member
    I think there's a small chance they could be here tomorrow, since iirc it's the anniversary for toddlers. If not we will likely get them the day of the livestream. :smiley:
  • CharSimsCharSims Posts: 44 Member
    > @BooDaBoo5 said:
    > I think there's a small chance they could be here tomorrow, since iirc it's the anniversary for toddlers. If not we will likely get them the day of the livestream. :smiley:

This would be awesome! It would also make an awesome early birthday gift for me :-)
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I think they will come on the 17th. I don't think the live stream is about the infants because we don't usually have a live stream for patches. I could be wrong but I think the live stream will be on the expansion pack or maybe even about the process of the infant update.

Why would they have a whole live stream for infants? We didn't get one for toddlers. Anyways if infants are not in this patch then I guess they'll be in the February patch.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
    According to the roadmap the update is the first we get so I will also go for either 17th or 24th. The other option I have is that infant update will happen in update which prepares game for the expansion pack, so maybe February-March
  • mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    I can’t wait for the infant update
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    ::cries:: I was so hoping for yesterday, but really, they don't usually release an update just before a holiday weekend in case they seriously break something (as in 'crashing to desktop'). Better be the 19th, or I shall throw a tantrum.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    Well, Maybe the babies will come prematurely in December 2022.

just like me then I was suppose to be born in April but got December instead

Wow. I have a granddaughter who was due in late November but arrived near the top of October, making her nearly two months premature. I can't even imagine four months early! My poor daughter was a wreck. She had twins just prior to this youngest child, who quite naturally had to be in the Nick-U. (Twins are notoriously born early.) Having yet another one in there nearly devastated my sweet daughter. Yikes. So glad you made it. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • lakirelakire Posts: 75 Member

Wow. I have a granddaughter who was due in late November but arrived near the top of October, making her nearly two months premature. I can't even imagine four months early! My poor daughter was a wreck. She had twins just prior to this youngest child, who quite naturally had to be in the Nick-U. (Twins are notoriously born early.) Having yet another one in there nearly devastated my sweet daughter. Yikes. So glad you made it. :)

My mum was due with me on the 1st of May but I had to be taken out in mid-April due to my disability. It was quite a high death rate with my disability back then (No, I'm not as old as I sound)
  • BooDaBoo5BooDaBoo5 Posts: 253 Member
    Fingers crossed for tomorrow! :p
    Actually I think there is rather huge chance that we will get infants today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCWOEBkFyiU&t=29s&ab_channel=Pixelade

• Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member

I was suppose to be born in August like my mother, but I had to be born early.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    lunnarila wrote: »
    Actually I think there is rather huge chance that we will get infants today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCWOEBkFyiU&t=29s&ab_channel=Pixelade

I think it will be today as well! Fingers crossed
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,946 Member
    I wish they just told us if infants are dropping today :sweat_smile:
    trying to play while waiting to see if your whole world is gonna be changed today is :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    I'd be surprised if they dropped them without warning - it'd make sense to have a community stream a few days beforehand. I don't think they've indicated we're getting anything substantial added this month.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    People complain that we can't do anything with babies, but considering the new lifestage of Infants, I have always thought that babies in their first few months don't actually do anything other than eat, sleep, poop and cry, Infants are effectively gonna be the 'baby upgrade'.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.