Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    @EgonVM I'm not sure you've mentioned using mods. And its too late, I'm too tired to check :D Do you use MCCC? It has a setting for testingcheats always on, I believe (at least I use the one for cas.fulleditmode always enabled). You can also change all kinds of things in the cheats/sim info module (click sim, then cheats/sim info), even favourite drink, fame level, all kinds of other stuff. I don't quite recall where that setting is. MCCC is so big, can do so much I get confused while moving around in the menus.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    Kathykins wrote: »
    @EgonVM I'm not sure you've mentioned using mods. And its too late, I'm too tired to check :D Do you use MCCC? It has a setting for testingcheats always on, I believe (at least I use the one for cas.fulleditmode always enabled). You can also change all kinds of things in the cheats/sim info module (click sim, then cheats/sim info), even favourite drink, fame level, all kinds of other stuff. I don't quite recall where that setting is. MCCC is so big, can do so much I get confused while moving around in the menus.

Nope. No mods or CC at all.
    I have enabled testingcheats since I started the game and thanks to the patches it stays on for the save.

I can test things out in the weekend, but right now I have two theories:
    1. Wrong language setting (perhaps that affects).
    2. My base game is limited edition.
  • chonlaphatchonlaphat Posts: 16 New Member
    just played the sims again in 10 years. i still dont know much but this is useful. sounds fun. thanks for sharing.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    A little plane sometimes flies in the distance in glimmerbrook with a long banner behind it. But it’s either in simlish or Japanese so I don’t know what it says :)
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    edited November 2022
    I didn't know you could burn your marshmallow. Small detail, but cute.
    LTAzc0H.png
    Ooops!
    yXNv470.png
    Post edited by mlnov39 on
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited January 2023
    I was today years old when I learned that wellness treats will cure your pets without having to go to the vet for an exam. All this time, I was giving all of my sims the vet skill via cheats & taking up space in my houses for an exam table so that I didn't have to go to the vet. :D
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Lyrie wrote: »
    Sims can pick up toddlers one armed. At least from the high chair! My sim had a cup of tea and did not want to put it down, so he scooped up the tot with one arm and let her out.

Wow, that's one I haven't seen. I will be on the lookout for that.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    I didn't know that sims can view objects whilst carrying a kitten/puppy.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Velvet_LiliesVelvet_Lilies Posts: 56 Member
    Very late to the party on this one but I just discovered a few days ago that you could create custom holidays via the Calendars. And not just the generic stuff, there are actually a bunch of different holiday options planned for Halloween or Easter among other things, it's awesome!

Little downside is that there are now wayyy too many holidays in my game, every other day is supposed to be a "big deal" and most of the time I can't be bothered with everything, making my sims end up with a sad moodlet
    na3uewksu9ny.png
    My Tumblr • • • My first story: "The New Kid" ←
    • • • • •
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    Yeah, I have an “Easter” holiday and also something to celebrate summer. Oh and a “Spooky Day” too.
  • mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    did you know that big kids can play with toys just like little kids
  • EleriEleri Posts: 534 Member
    I just found out that if one of your sims is an art critic and they live with someone with a music hobby, they can critique their household member's music practice. When I first tested this out, my art critic character dismissed his 8-year-old son's violin exercises as "Amateur!"
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Velvet_LiliesVelvet_Lilies Posts: 56 Member
    A friend just showed me that there were some kind of strange scarecrow that could be bought from buy mode and placed into a garden. Apparently if your sims interact with it enough, it comes alive and takes care of the garden, I had no clue
    na3uewksu9ny.png
    My Tumblr • • • My first story: "The New Kid" ←
    • • • • •
  • CatSimerCatSimer Posts: 16 Member
    If you want to check if sim is pregnant without pregnancy test, go to their stats, where the age meter is and hover over next life stage (for ex. adult). In case of pregnancy, it'll say that pregnant sims are unable to age up.
    CatSimer wrote: »
    If you want to check if sim is pregnant without pregnancy test, go to their stats, where the age meter is and hover over next life stage (for ex. adult). In case of pregnancy, it'll say that pregnant sims are unable to age up.

I find that so irritating. Why don’t pregnant Sims age?? The first thing I did when I downloaded MCCC ages ago was to allow pregnant Sims to age.
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    I find that so irritating. Why don’t pregnant Sims age??

I suspect it's the burgeoning hormones! The same reason pregnant folk in real life have a healthy glow. Being pregnant is fairly rejuvenating, but I understand raising the child cancels that out somewhat.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,807 Member
    edited January 2023
    @Lucy_Henley It's so odd, isn't it? The only reason I can think of is so that sims don't age from adult to elder while pregnant. But you'd think it would be possible just to disable the elder birthday until after childbirth, or make pregnancy impossible starting 3 days before the elder birthday, instead of turning off aging for all pregnant sims.
    gen3-banner.png
    @mightysprite I agree. Pregnant Sims aged normally in Sims 2 and 3.
  • EleriEleri Posts: 534 Member
    I remember in Sims 2, sims lost the ability to become pregnant a few days before they aged up to elder. That was how the game prevented elders giving birth.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Superhyde12Superhyde12 Posts: 11 New Member
    Over the years, I'd say the biggest things I've learned would be -
    If you have an issue with building walls, changing the floor plan and the ceiling not cooperating, double right-click on the top of the wall and it will give you the option to add a ceiling.
    With MC Command Center, you can make your sims have up to 6 babies at a time, when I first downloaded MCCC I had a heart attack when my sim popped out 5 kids, make sure you check what it's set to before starting your game!
    The kids can order homework books from the computer and can distribute them to everyone in the household from inventory, which makes things easier when your kids keep setting down their books.
    When lightning strikes, sometimes it leaves behind a present, like a rare element or a future cube, this has helped me many times during Rags to Riches challenges.
    Holding shift down while clicking on the sim will give you the option to reset them if they start to bug out.
    Debug has free landscaping, and it saves you thousands of simoleons when you are trying to decorate a house.
    If you are doing a baby challenge and can't keep up with the kids, travel by yourself to another world for a couple of hours, when your kids come back from daycare, their needs will all be full and you have some time to catch up.
    Lot Traits are game changers for challenges, they can really help your game or make it way harder.
    Cheat codes were the biggest change for me when I was just starting out, I feel like a lot of people know this already but it was essential to my starting in the game.
  • 911TruthBear911TruthBear Posts: 625 Member
    xoJessi wrote: »
    You can prank a tanning sim! o:)

TBy0Z9T.png

YUZ43KQ.png

I wish we could do that to REAL LIFE people, LOL! :D:D:D
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member
    edited January 2023
    I just learned there is a difference between the small campfire from outdoor retreat/little campers kit and the big campfire from get together/island living/werewolves. I thought they did the same thing and only differ in size. Turns out you can only add chairs and roast marshmallows on the small campfire. The big one also has some unique interactions.
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    CatSimer wrote: »

Ah, I didn't know that either. I always just click on the toilet after trying for a baby and see if it gives her the option to throw up.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top