Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim will not complete their test (NOT A BUG REPORT)

jmac2727jmac2727 Posts: 306 Member
edited January 2023 in General Mods Discussion
Before I begin I want to just say again I'm not trying to report a bug, so please don't move/delete my post. I have noticed that posts that bring up bugs die an early death in this forum so I just want to explain that the only reason I'm describing the bug is to ask the community for help with it, not to report it.

With that being said.

The bug where your sims just will not complete the exams instead getting up for water, or to throw the football, or do do push ups... has anyone modded a fix for it yet? I have two sims going to school at the same time so it's a real chore requeing to take the test over and over again... so annoying.

I figure it's a better bet looking for a mod then waiting for them to fix it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    LittleMsSam has a mod for this. I think it's called Take Exam Fix.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    I've actually had good luck recently with the forums so I figured I'd give this little bug a try as well. Has anyone found a fix or developed a mod to address the issue of Sims constantly interupting their queue to attend class with odd things like using the computers, or exercise equipment, or just getting up and doing an exercise. I have 2 teens going to school at once and it's getting REALLY annoying switching between the two during classes/tests to cancel all the random autonomous actions. While I'm asking about that one.. same question for the social bunny issue where the follower count gets stuck and all messages show 0 sec.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
  • Options
    Might as well get this one out there as well, how about the achievement where you are supposed to "sneak out of the house" .. I have the window and the ivy trellis both on the lot, confirmed to work.. yet I've gone through three teens now and have never been invited to a party for which I could "sneak out" for... any solutions or mods for this one?
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Ilkavelle has a mod that allows you to check your phone for events and sneak out.
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    My sims kept getting up too. So I tried clicking on them and other things to see if I could find anything. When I clicked on the chalkboard it said take exam so I clicked it and she did stay and finish the exam. Before that she got up repeatedly.
  • Options
    I quit playing after high school years came out because of the bugs, I was just wondering if enough of the bugs had been resolved to confidently say it's safe to return?

The bug that broke the camels back was my sims getting up and leaving class in the middle of EVERY exam.. it's like it was coded in for them to stand up in the middle of every test.... if that one is fixed, that'd be a good start.
  • Options
    Ninja-Dan22Ninja-Dan22 Posts: 117 Member
    I still have that bug :'( So I don't think they've fixed it.
  • Options
    ty for the reply, shelving the game again *sigh*
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Can you disable High School Years and continue playing without it? 🤔
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I don't recall having that bug. Perhaps, I was just lucky, else it came later than when I played HSY.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    That's what I would do, too @simgirl1010 I have several packs and a kit currently disabled because of bugs and silly autonomous actions, or the fact I simply grew tired of repetitious gameplay. James Turner has a tutorial on YouTube that easily explains how to disable packs from loading whenever a player starts their game. And the process to enable those packs again is also quite easy. You lose the CAS and B/B items that came with those packs but in the end that is preferrable to trying to play with a buggy game. Good luck @jmac2727 and I hope you find a solution so you can play again.
  • Options
    I play rotationally and have 5 families, I got them all aged up to have 1 or 2 teens in each family, so when the expansion came out I could send them all to high school. So while the pack is broken.. my game is kind of unplayable. I know it's unplayable by choice.. but I feel my reasons are sound... I don't want to mess up the rotational gameplay.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I don't think any of the bugs were solved after High School Years was released.
    The December "update" only fixed the Mean sims bug, but it sounds like they were unsuccessful, and even that wasn't fixed.
    There were no other bug fixes since then. My sims still stand up and leave during exams.
    Hopefully we get a substantial update this month.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    2022 wasn't the strongest year for bug fixes, so no I wouldn't say "it's safe" considering your current gameplay. Sadly I don't think the game will ever return to a state that's "safe" to play, no matter how many or how little packs you own. The bugs continue to grow with every patch and pack release, while very little gets fixed in return. I don't see this changing.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    edited January 2023
    You could just send the high schoolers to school on their own (rabbithole) on Fridays and you'd never have to deal with exams, you'd still have the pier and prom and all that, and you could play your game again?
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    You could just send the high schoolers to school on their own (rabbithole) on Fridays and you'd never have to deal with exams, you'd still have the pier and prom and all that, and you could play your game again?

That's what I wanted to suggest as well. In Addition, you could Just click in the whiteboard and choose Take Exam again when the interactions cancels out.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    Bren91Bren91 Posts: 298 Member
    My guess is since the summit, and since they got a huge new amount of more players. Their focus is on doing things right versus rushing updates or add ons. I think they know if they release half baked content and updates, it’s going to frustrate long term fans, and new fans or players will just stop playing or won’t buy any new content, because they won’t find the updates or add ons to be reliable. So if they don’t change this, they may lose new players just as fast as they got them.

We haven’t heard much from them since the last update which was November 22nd. We are now in the new year. Beginning of January, people are wondering why it has been so silent. My guess and my hope is that, they have spent this time trying to make sure they do a really great update that doesn’t break the game or cause a spiral of other in game issues. And if that’s why I’m all for it, and support the sims 4 for doing this.

In my opinion quality over quantity when it comes to game updates and new content. And I think most players would rather complain about waiting than complain about an always broken game.

I have faith in the franchise that they are capable of dishing out updates and new content that is fully baked versus half baked. And I think with the new fan base and new player draw in they have, it would be wise to make that their priority, then rushing game updates and content. So while I don’t know if much is fixed as of now, I’m curious to see how the game will be after all this time when they release the new updates/game add ons.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited January 2023
    Sims getting up and leaving in the middle of the exam has not been fixed, no. Littlemssam has made a mod which sort of fixes it if you don't mind using mods.

I would say the state of the game makes it not safe to update yet, but that's something that every user have to decide for themselves. I think they went too far with the wants & fears update (they were repetitive and we couldn't even turn them off because of a bug) so I haven't updated since that.

I'm hoping things will be better this year.

• Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 909 Member
    I have never had that bug. It's weird how some people get some bugs and other people get other bugs. Have you tried repairing the game? Maybe you'll become someone who doesn't have that bug. Or don't go to HS with your teens, just send them on their own? You can turn off the option for it to ask you to go with them.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    I didn't even update to the werewolf pack.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    I've not gone beyond Cottage Living. Everything I've read about packs and updates since has been nothing but a horror show.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    jmac2727 wrote: »
    I play rotationally and have 5 families, I got them all aged up to have 1 or 2 teens in each family, so when the expansion came out I could send them all to high school. So while the pack is broken.. my game is kind of unplayable. I know it's unplayable by choice.. but I feel my reasons are sound... I don't want to mess up the rotational gameplay.

You can always just send your teens off to school by themselves and just keep up with their homework can’t you, like you could do before HSY can’t you? That way you still have the town of copperdale to play in, and the furniture, clothes and things to use in the pack. I read that one person sent the kids to school by themselves Monday and Tuesday and they would come home with a oroject. Then they would follow them to school Wednesday through Friday. I wonder if you kept up with homework snd stuff if you could just send you teens to school by themselves on Friday.

I’m not one to talk though, I have taken a break from the sims for most of December 2022.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    I might be completely wrong but I think they start trying to get up when they’re done with the exam, in like the perfect score is met.

That maybe just my thinking, but I notice if you prepare for the exams perfectly and everything is good, they tend to get up, but otherwise they’ll just sit there the whole way through it.
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    jmac2727 wrote: »
    I quit playing after high school years came out because of the bugs, I was just wondering if enough of the bugs had been resolved to confidently say it's safe to return?

The bug that broke the camels back was my sims getting up and leaving class in the middle of EVERY exam.. it's like it was coded in for them to stand up in the middle of every test.... if that one is fixed, that'd be a good start.

My sim did that everyday until one day she did and I started clicking on things and the chalk board said take exam. So I clicked that and she sat down and took the exam and didn't get up again until class was over. So when she sits down I watch and if she gets up I click it and all is well.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    edited January 2023
    I am waiting for High school years to be on sale for at least 30-50% off.
    I have been playing on an off with the Sims after the werewolf pack was released.
    It isn't really due to any bugs or issues, I just got some new games, and Sims 4 tends to drop to the end of the list when it comes to other games for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top