Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Babies January 3rd? ;) (Confirmed to be March 14!)

Comments

• invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Babies! Babies! Babies! When, please? I am literally planning my life around this drop - I need to start an online class, and I'm putting it off so that I'll have time to play with the babies... .
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • BooDaBoo5BooDaBoo5 Posts: 253 Member
    Babies January 3rd?

Answer: No :p

Hehe I was prepared for it to be wrong! Just thought it was a funny dream. Everyone is free to continue speculating and discussing babies here though :)
  • VyollaVyolla Posts: 77 Member
    Ahhh. This wait is torture. I should have known better than to think there was a chance for the first day back in the studio that they'd release something. Lol. Just my wishful thinking. It's probably either going to be in the middle of January, or not until February.. or something like that.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I was hoping the updated babies would precede a related pack centered around families with new activities for all the life stages. Or even a Parenthood refresh. I just don't get why some content included in updates seems so random and out of order and doesn't have anything in common with the rest of the update or pack. Adding something like freed babies to an update some people don't want almost seems like a bribe. And as someone who has put off updating since August, this is another update/freebie I will avoid. I'd like to play with more realistic babies. Especially since we have been waiting for years for them. But no matter how cute that would be I just can't bring myself to hit that 'update' button when that update is released. :/
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,612 Member
    BooDaBoo5 wrote: »
    Goodywood wrote: »
    What time tomorrow do you think they'll make an announcement ?

If they do have an announcement, it will likely be 10am pst. That has been the time they make posts or drop patches in the past. If it's too early for babies I'm hoping we'll start getting more info or teases now :)

Thank you for replying @BooDaBoo5 . Hopefully we get some info or something. I really am looking forward to the new infants.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • BooDaBoo5BooDaBoo5 Posts: 253 Member
    BooDaBoo5 wrote: »
    What time tomorrow do you think they'll make an announcement ?

If they do have an announcement, it will likely be 10am pst. That has been the time they make posts or drop patches in the past. If it's too early for babies I'm hoping we'll start getting more info or teases now :)

Thank you for replying @BooDaBoo5 . Hopefully we get some info or something. I really am looking forward to the new infants.

Of course! I hope so too. Can't be too much longer!
  • Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member
    Toddlers for the Sims 4 released on January 12, 2017. Wouldn’t it be wild if the Sims team is deliberately planning to release infants on the anniversary of the toddler update? To me, that seems like something they would do, just to have a little extra fun.
    I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Rococo1256 wrote: »
    Toddlers for the Sims 4 released on January 12, 2017. Wouldn’t it be wild if the Sims team is deliberately planning to release infants on the anniversary of the toddler update? To me, that seems like something they would do, just to have a little extra fun.

that would be cool
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    I just hope we here news soon I am really looking forward to it
  • Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member
    gamercat wrote: »
    I just hope we here news soon I am really looking forward to it

Since some of the simgurus are back being active on Twitter (Nova and Ninja) I'm hoping that means the devs are slowly returning back to work from holiday break which means we could potentially get some news tomorrow.
  • BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 637 Member
    I'm starting to think it'll be more likely next week. The official Sims twitter just posted for the first time today asking what folks have built in the new year. So it's coming back around.
  • BabycakelingsBabycakelings Posts: 100 Member
    I really think it's probably common come on the anniversary of toddlers, that or we'll get a date or some info around then. It'd be weird of them to not mention the anniversary when we're this close to a similar update.
    tumblr_pjpuetVQKC1vjcb7vo1_1280.jpg
  • catmom1987catmom1987 Posts: 440 Member
    edited January 2023
    Rococo1256 wrote: »

This is what I am wishing for. January 12 is my birthday, and I remember how excited I was to get the toddler patch on my birthday. I would love for babies to come that day too. Plus, I have a 4 day weekend the 13th thru 16th.
  • GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    Fingers crossed for this Tuesday! Or at least the gurus to hint something
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    I feel like January or February is too soon. I'd like to be proven wrong, but I'm expecting something around March-May.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    Even though I figured that this week was probably a little too soon, I still had a tiny bit of hope that we’d at least hear something about infants, lol. I’m really hoping that we get them on the anniversary of toddlers being added to the game.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    The babies are overdue...when does labor commence?
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 469 Member
    It’s not the baby update we’ve wanted for eight years but the infants are cute! I hope they take their time and do them right.

Now just give teens their own height and preteens… I don’t think those things will come before the Sims Five but since this game will go on for at least two years a guy can always hope.
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    preteens…would be cool
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    preteens…would be cool

Absolutely not :#:)
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,612 Member
    preteens…would be cool

Yes preteens!! (Or younger teens that are Middle School students.)

preteens…would be cool

Absolutely not :#:)

Booo!! :po:)

PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • JokubasJokubas Posts: 100 Member
    edited January 2023
    I'm surprised at how much of a mixed reaction preteens get on this forum. I get from a practical perspective that they aren't likely to be compatible with large amounts of existing content, and that also cascades a bit in meaning they either won't get more support going forward or will take time away from other things.

Nevertheless, the jump between small child and identical-to-an-adult-teen is extremely glaring to me (though, to be fair, it's a side effect of Teen, Young Adult, Adult, and Elder being more or less identical). I would think the high number of roleplayers/family sim type players on this forum would be more bothered by that. Maybe it's different groups though. * shrug *
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    Jokubas wrote: »
    I'm surprised at how much of a mixed reaction preteens get on this forum. I get from a practical perspective that they aren't likely to be compatible with large amounts of existing content, and that also cascades a bit in meaning they either won't get more support going forward or will take time away from other things.

Nevertheless, the jump between small child and identical-to-an-adult-teen is extremely glaring to me (though, to be fair, it's a side effect of Teen, Young Adult, Adult, and Elder being more or less identical). I would think the high number of roleplayers/family sim type players on this forum would be more bothered by that. Maybe it's different groups though. * shrug *

To be fair as a long time family player pre teens would be nice however I also feel they need something between Adult and Elder. As a Senior though my hair is grey I can still be active in any scenario ;) without dying everytime. I also walk upright and my girls with proper support (too much info?) are also more or less upright.

Not really fair to have one without the other. Mind if we talk adding horses instead I (my simself)...will gladly give up woohoo.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • JokubasJokubas Posts: 100 Member
    edited January 2023
    Great point!

Personally, that's one of the reasons you could say I've been impatient for (the potential of) a Sims 5. Sims 4's life stages just aren't what they could be even compared to past Sims games, but it's not something that's easily fixed without an overhaul across the board. I fully support bandaging what we've got if the opportunity presents itself though and your idea is a good one. :)
    Post edited by Jokubas on
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member