Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Removing IP Lag

12346...Next

Comments

• jessica645739jessica645739 Posts: 45 Member
    Hi @ciane !
    I make a new folder named IPrdy.sims 3 in my sims 3 saves folders, put the 4 files in it and the saves doesn't appear in my game ? I don't know what I'm doing wrong !
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Hmmm, maybe you didn't delete the scriptcache? Sometimes, when you add new stuff, the game doesn't recognize it right away. So, you delete those few cache files that regenerate and then the game "sees" the new stuff.

One other thing you can try is to start a new game and save it and then copy the .nhd file in to overwrite the other one. Then, you can call up that save when load your game next.
    Oops, @jessica645739, I forgot to tag you. See the post above!
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2021
    @jessica645739 @ciane - I don't know if this helps or not, but in my game the save folders have to be named ending in .sims3 (no space). Not .sims 3 (with space) as jessica typed out.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    @ciane and @igazor I'll try both method. I wrote the name with a space actually ! Ooups !
    igazor wrote: »
    @jessica645739 @ciane - I don't know if this helps or not, but in my game the save folders have to be named ending in .sims3 (no space). Not .sims 3 (with space) as jessica typed out.

Good catch @igazor - I didn't even notice that!
    edited February 2021
    @Ciane It works and it was because of the space in the name ! Thanks @igazor ;)

So if I'm right, this save file is up to date ? All the changes are included or you make other changes afterwards ?
    @jessica645739 - I recommended going into the beach house on stilts where the two single guys live and deleting the football in one of the bedrooms because the guys will want to play with that football and not have enough room; but otherwise, it's good to go.
    Thank you so much for this saves ! It must have been a lot of work ! You are a blessing for lazy players like me who don't want to do everything themselves :D
    Your welcome. It was really no trouble at all for me to share what I'd done in my game, except I had to go back again and do it without all the EPs and store stuff. (I should have done it that way in the beginning, and would have if I'd thought of sharing my file first.)
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    If i want to add the new ip world you modified, can i just copy the nhd file over to my existing saves so i can travel there using nraas traveller or do i have to do anything specific on my end?
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    @izecson - Yes, you can just copy in the .nhd file into a save file. Just call up a new game in IP and save that and then quit. You'll be able to copy in the .nhd file to overwrite the other one. OR you can put the folder into your saves folder with all four files, and you don't have to first load and save a game to add the .nhd file. (I've never used the traveller mod, so I'm not sure how that works.)
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    You would only want to do this for an ongoing game whose sims have never traveled to Isla Paradiso before. If there's already an existing Isla nhd file, then the TravelDB will have links to it and swapping the nhd out with a different one will cause all kinds of bizarre issues.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited February 2021
    igazor wrote: »
    You would only want to do this for an ongoing game whose sims have never traveled to Isla Paradiso before. If there's already an existing Isla nhd file, then the TravelDB will have links to it and swapping the nhd out with a different one will cause all kinds of bizarre issues.

Oh dayum, my sims did travel to isla paradiso but It was a long time ago and have since deleted the nhd files, guess im out of luck.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    I just found a great mod tweak on ModtheSims that keeps non-playable sims moving their houseboats.

https://modthesims.info/d/665907/reduce-remove-lag-caused-by-houseboats.html

That should help tremendously with lag. Note that it doesn't address all the other fixes, but WOW! That's huge. You might check it out and add it to your mods/packages folder.

(Double clicking on the zip file after downloading should give you a package folder that you can copy into your sims 3/mods/packages folder.)
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    ciane wrote: »
    I just found a great mod tweak on ModtheSims that keeps non-playable sims moving their houseboats.

https://modthesims.info/d/665907/reduce-remove-lag-caused-by-houseboats.html

That should help tremendously with lag. Note that it doesn't address all the other fixes, but WOW! That's huge. You might check it out and add it to your mods/packages folder.

(Double clicking on the zip file after downloading should give you a package folder that you can copy into your sims 3/mods/packages folder.)

YES! I have been playing there for a whole sim week now using that mod and have not had lag once (beyond normal mod stuff). I love it!
  • movefan89movefan89 Posts: 60 Member
    > @ciane said:
    > I just found a great mod tweak on ModtheSims that keeps non-playable sims moving their houseboats.
    >
    > https://modthesims.info/d/665907/reduce-remove-lag-caused-by-houseboats.html
    >
    > That should help tremendously with lag. Note that it doesn't address all the other fixes, but WOW! That's huge. You might check it out and add it to your mods/packages folder.
    >
    > (Double clicking on the zip file after downloading should give you a package folder that you can copy into your sims 3/mods/packages folder.)

I have the IP world fix mod, do i need this on too to spot it lagging more? Thanks
    YES! The world fix is for the routing issues only. It might have fixed a few other things too that were easy to fix like problems getting to sims doors and bath tubs. BUT this mod keeps non-playable sims from just deciding to move their houseboats. All those houseboats moving locations can cause serious lag. This still lets you move the houseboats of the sims you are playing, so it's a fantastic mod! And it won't compete with any other mods that I know of, for I don't know another that has addressed this issue before.
  • movefan89movefan89 Posts: 60 Member
    @ciane thanks I’ll get that mod then
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    edited January 2023
    ciane wrote: »
    Updated Update:
    Make a new folder in your Sims 3 Saves folder called IPonlyRdy.sims3 and copy these four files into it: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/hh78ai99s6a1y/IPonlyRdy
    When you next load up your game, it should be your first option there with other saved games.
    I tried to only do the bare minimum changes, but I wanted to avoid lag in your game; so you do get some of my redone EA homes. I did redo them so they only need IP - no other EPs or SPs or any store stuff.

I went to that first link in your Original Post. When I clicked on all files to download, it told me I had to upgrade to premium, so I backed out of that. I went to download each file individually. The first file told me to tick a box to show I'm not a bot. I did. Then it told me to click Allow if I'm not a bot, I did. When I downloaded the second file, the IPonly one, my computer immediately told me my computer had been infected by it and now I'm getting pop ups with a McCafee, but I don't have McCafee, telling me my computer is under attack.

Simmers beware of this.

It turns out the thing that brought on the "click allow to show you're not a bot" was an advertiser. Clicking allow then bombarded me with ads saying I was infected, to continue payment, click to install and activate McAfee ... it got really serious, and escalated. My Webroot adviser helped me to realise it was an advertiser and helped me to find it in my browser settings to remove from allow and to block.

So, @ciane, one of your advertiser agents/spaces includes this invasive and ill-intentioned, nasty ad for "vantsolutions". Your visitors might be advised to go about the page slowly and carefully, to avoid clicking on unscrupulous ads.
    Post edited by DivinylsFan on
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
    @DivinylsFan - You always have to careful when downloading from sites that offer advertisements too, but that is how to keep things free.
    I clicked on the first link in my first post and clicked on the .nhd file to download. Under the DOWNLOAD button, I saw this notice:

The download button will start your download and show a message from our advertisers in a new window.

I use Brave for a browser and I don't allow ads, so all I got was the download - no ad in another window popped up.

Any of the big sites that you can download from can offer misleading clicks. I usually right click and see what the download link url really is.

I did also upload here, so you shouldn't have any problems with misleading clicks:

IPonlyrdy (stands for Island Paradise EP only - ready to play) - http://www.simfileshare.net/download/1806882/

IPallrdy (Island Paradise with other EP,SP, and store stuff included - ready to play) - http://www.simfileshare.net/download/1806914/
  • DellaLunaDellaLuna Posts: 9 New Member
    I'm replying to this thread after the announcement that the Sims Forums will be migrated to EA Forums and only threads with activity after October 2022 will be migrated. I see you posted last month @ciane but I'm making double-triple-quadruple sure this thread heads over there.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @DellaLuna Does that mean you nominated it on that thread? If so, thank you so much! Cause I was about ready to do it myself. :p
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    edited February 26
    Actually a few others nominated it and I made sure I had an account on AHQ. It's in the nominated threads and should be ported over. But thanks for the heads up and desire to see the thread saved @DellaLuna and @emorrill! I appreciate it. :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top