Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can I reset a sims skill levels or reset the sims but have them look the same.?.

AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
I downloaded a sim I like off the gallery and moved her into my house, I looked at her skills and saw that they were all maxed out. I did not like this, and I want to know if there is a way, I can reset the sims skills. I have some Ideas. I know there is a cheat where you can manually put in each skill level to what you want. But that is time consuming on console..... is there a way I can take the sim and like recreate them in CAS or something where they start completely new but look exactly the same. Like perhaps using the DNA option when creating a sim. That would probably just create a sim that looked similar to this sim though. IDK. I'm on console and having to type in each individual skill via the cheat menu is not that fun. So, I'm looking for another way using CAS or something. Any ideas or tips???

Comments

• SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    You can copy/make a twin in CAS and delete the original. You may have to fiddle with their facial features a bit to make them identical. That's the only way without mods that I know of.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,447 Member
    @AlienTusks you can also use MCCC to set skill levels; I think there's an option to set all skills to the same level.
  • AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    @SweetieWright_84 Ok, do you mean using the DNA feature in CAS create like a copy which will not be identical and then edit her to look the same? I've never actually once clicked on the DNA option in CAS so I don't know how it works, so a little exploration and I will probably figure it out. But I don't know if I can recreate her beauty, I want her to be herself, I may just alter the skills one by one maybe do like 4 one playthrough and next time I play do 4 more until I'm done. Thanks for the info, I'll look into that and see if I want to try it.
    @StarFree I don't know what MCCC means. And I'm not sure setting them all to the same level is what I want. One time I was with the sim, and she started singing, pretty well...so when I edited the singing skill, I gave her like a 4 to be fair. And like her Charisma should not be a 1 if she is aged up to young adult but let me know what MCCC is and how to access it and I might look into it and consider. thank you.

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    Hi @AlienTusks I remember you're on console so wouldn't be able to use MCCC or other mods.
    Why not just cheat the skills down? That might be simplest. You could easily look up what the cheat codes are online.
    @mightysprite Yes Carls guide has the most up to date cheats i believe, but that was something I was trying to avoid, because on console it takes like 65 percent longer or more to do that process than on pc......I was hoping I could use the gallery or CAS to somehow sort or reset the sim. Like I mentioned I will just manually use the cheat to set the skill and do like 4 at a time each playthrough until i get them all down about right. no big deal.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,447 Member
    Sorry @AlienTusks I didn't realize you played on console. In that case making a clone in CAS like @SweetieWright_84 suggested might be the best option.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    Oh sorry @AlienTusks I didn't read your original post thoroughly enough.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    AlienTusks wrote: »
    @SweetieWright_84 Ok, do you mean using the DNA feature in CAS create like a copy which will not be identical and then edit her to look the same? I've never actually once clicked on the DNA option in CAS so I don't know how it works, so a little exploration and I will probably figure it out. But I don't know if I can recreate her beauty, I want her to be herself, I may just alter the skills one by one maybe do like 4 one playthrough and next time I play do 4 more until I'm done. Thanks for the info, I'll look into that and see if I want to try it.

Yes, I meant with the genetics feature in CAS. I should have clarified, sorry about that. If I remember correctly, it's not too drastic of a difference if you choose randomize twin, just some minor details. I haven't played around with that feature for a bit, so my memory is a bit fuzzy.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
    @Starfree No worries, I'm posting in the wrong section pretty much although the question could apply to console and pc I usually post in the pc section because I usually get no answers or at least have trouble getting answers in the console section.
    No worries you guys.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    AlienTusks wrote: »
    I downloaded a sim I like off the gallery and moved her into my house, I looked at her skills and saw that they were all maxed out. I did not like this, and I want to know if there is a way, I can reset the sims skills. I have some Ideas. I know there is a cheat where you can manually put in each skill level to what you want. But that is time consuming on console..... is there a way I can take the sim and like recreate them in CAS or something where they start completely new but look exactly the same. Like perhaps using the DNA option when creating a sim. That would probably just create a sim that looked similar to this sim though. IDK. I'm on console and having to type in each individual skill via the cheat menu is not that fun. So, I'm looking for another way using CAS or something. Any ideas or tips???

Have you placed her into your My Library? That used to remove skills. Don't know if it's still the same. If that doesn't do it. Take the Sim into cas.fulleditmode, click the DNA button, and make a twin for her. Delete the Gallery Sim. And then exit CAS. Best of luck
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    @GalacticGal thank you for your continued help and attention.... I went ahead and just used the standard cheat menu and lowered the skills one by one.... it's not as easy on console, unless you got a keyboard hooked to it which i think you can...but I got her fixed. I'm really curious to see what our sim children will grow up to look like......I would love it if you would check them out on the gallery when you have a free moment.... all you do is type in the item name box at top Devlin and Milton make sure you capitalize that probably makes a difference. And check them out I also have my pets, a collie and a bobtail cat of some type both look great as well. My sim Devlin could probably build a little muscle but Hes ok, I only have one follower and would love to have another but that's up to you. My Id i think is AlienTusks...I've got lots and other sims, not much. I have a general wellness center, it just my edit of a base game gym, but I added a reading area, meditation and yoga area, and more that why it's called general wellness, body health and mental health. Have good day/night..
    @GalacticGal I tried the cas.fulleditmode dna thing and I could not do it. When I went to cas, there was no dna option or ability to add a sim. I checked everything for it, I even tried the press b and a over the sim while in CAS. Well I ended that save pretty much anyway. I added to much gallery stuff lots and sims and lost focus in the game overwhelmed or something. So I deleted all saves and cloud data, started a new save and downloaded just my family. I had to do the cheat and the delete skills one by one again but Im glad I done all that and got a fresh start. I tried creating a Sibling of Mila, but she looked almost nothing like her, well there was like a 40 percent resemblance so I just gave up on that idea. Anyway got my sims and a fresh start so Im somewhat happy.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    @AlienTusks did you open up the cheat window and type in testingcheats true, first? I'm very surprised you couldn't have the full use of CAS. Oh well, best of luck. Have fun and Happy Simming!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    @GalacticGal I did yes, and I can tell when Fullcass edid works because in regular CAs you can not adjust the size width of body parts, like butt for example. You can when you first start a new sim creation but once youve started your game you can only edit certain things. You lose the abibility to edit age, traits, body sizes and some other stuff. So I have used CASfullledit and got back the ability to adjust traits, age and body sizes and such so I know a decent amount about it, and unfortunately either I didnt find the DNA section or perhaps its not quite the same on console. But no biggie cause I started a new game anyway.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    edited January 2023
    If you want to add a sim to a family with DNA or otherwise, it is best to do so through manage households in the world screen. That let's you add sims and even remove sims from a household. Newly created sims are fully editable in the cas session when they are added, even without the fulledit cheat. I don't think adding sims is possible if you go to cas from live mode with a dresser.
    @Atreya33 your absolutely right, you cant from the dresser/mirror. I tried the Dna feature with the sim I wanted a copy of and I tried adding a sibling with only the one girls dna, well the new sim looked pretty bad to say the least. So I didnt mess with it and just used the regular cheat menu and deleted each skill one by one..it was a task on xbox controller...Yea, I mean I could have tried editing the sibling to look like the sim I wanted and I am a actuall artist and painter, but I couldnt recreate that sim. If you want to see my stuff on the gallery search for AlienTusks not ID just regular search, actually that might be ID, not sure..Wade might also get you there. However most of my stuff is edited from the base game or from other peoples creations, but I have a dog, cat and about 2 people I made from scratch. my General Wellness center you may want to put in your game, it combines a spa and gym basically. Sorry to write all this and go off topic , good day night..