Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Totally Random Comments and Questions

Comments

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    That feeling when you're looking for a specific interaction. 😄

and I usually end up cycling through once or twice because I missed the interaction I was looking for. :D

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited December 2022
    -deleted-
    Post edited by SimplyJen on
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    Food is a big part of my sims lives and honestly…there’s just not enough food in this game. There also needs to be a food critic/food blogger career. And smaller cupcake machines, more birthday cake options and new appliances like air fryer, blender, juicer, toaster, crock pot, pressure cooker etc.

I would also like ponies.
  • ZoomerGirlZoomerGirl Posts: 135 Member
    Food is a big part of my sims lives and honestly…there’s just not enough food in this game. There also needs to be a food critic/food blogger career. And smaller cupcake machines, more birthday cake options and new appliances like air fryer, blender, juicer, toaster, crock pot, pressure cooker etc.

Lol Ive always wished for all of those food items, along with foods I would eat here, I wouldnt actually eat a lot of the food in the game, plus I think its really weird we have fish tacos and tofu tacos but no beef tacos?
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @UniqueKhaos There is a food critic job, as well as art critic, in Sims 4. It came with City Living. I would love ponies!
    @maggiemae8135 I totally forgot about the food critic career…actually forgot about the art critic too lol. Thanks for reminding me! I am a creature of habit and my sims are usually chefs, engineers, lawyers, judges or writers. I think it’s time for a career change for my current chef.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    ZoomerGirl wrote: »

Lol Ive always wished for all of those food items, along with foods I would eat here, I wouldnt actually eat a lot of the food in the game, plus I think its really weird we have fish tacos and tofu tacos but no beef tacos?

I have had fish tacos in RL, but you're quite correct. There isn't a traditional taco in that menu. Mostly I have my family make the Taco casserole.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    I don't know why I keep adding sims from the gallery to my library, I mean I don't have a lot buuuut I never use them. I see them and i'm like "Oh my geee, they look so cool Ima add them to my sims world and maybe play with them (less likely)" and then I just never do lol
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    I don't know why I keep adding sims from the gallery to my library, I mean I don't have a lot buuuut I never use them. I see them and i'm like "Oh my geee, they look so cool Ima add them to my sims world and maybe play with them (less likely)" and then I just never do lol

You're not alone. I do the same. Then I go through my Library every few months and delete them.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member

I know that feeling. Houses are my version of your situation.

All I think is "wow this house looks like it's nice for my playthrough idea/Sim" and then it never gets placed because I end up living in the same apartments again, or just don't leave to community lots.
    L9q8VGi.png
    Sorak4 wrote: »

All I think is "wow this house looks like it's nice for my playthrough idea/Sim" and then it never gets placed because I end up living in the same apartments again, or just don't leave to community lots.

Pretty much do that too, I actually should go through my library cuase I have so much sims/lots, and I havent even placed like 90%? of them lol
    Sorak4 wrote: »

That reminds me. I need to cull lots from my Tray, too. Some that I thought would fit the bill, but didn't just need to go. It's time.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    With knitting does anyone know if theres a difference between normal and excellent when adding it to the wardrobe?
  • SimplySebastienSimplySebastien Posts: 14 New Member
    Hi, I know I post a lot about my personal save file that I have but I mean this is a good place to post about it. But seriously this is important. What do you guys do with the Pleasant twins, Dirk Dreamer, and Dustin Broke in your Sims 4 saves? I wanted to try and make this save fit a little bit better on the main timeline still with some alternative features, such as the Landgraabs. So I was gonna delete the Pleasant twins, Dirk, and Dustin. But now I am wondering if I should or not. I know that if I keep them it would make no sense. I mean how are the older than Cassandra? It makes would no sense in the main timeline. But that is because the Sims 4 is on an alternate timeline. But I am really just unsure on what to do with them. I saw a youtuber give the pleasant twins a makeover and they look so cute. That is basically why I wanted to post this. I don’t want to make the Pleasant twins, Dirk, and Dustin teens in my save. But please just tell me if I should keep them young adults and make them all in uni or something or if I should delete them. Just please give me ideas. Also before you ask, no I don’t know what would make me happiest. With them I would feel like the save is more on an alternate timeline. And it would be a little confusing. But I would feel maybe a little happy to have them. Without them I would feel like maybe I should’ve added them, but my save would be more not as much on an alternate timeline. Just please help me!
    edited December 2022
    @SimplySebastien, why don't you alter the ages of those who are 'out-of-whack'? I never play premades. I let them be who they are. Now, my Cantrell family through the various and many iterations of that save have had contact with both Dirk Dreamer and Dustin Broke. In fact, Erik Cantrell calls Dustin, Dustbin. He's a friend and this is his nickname for him. Dustin doesn't seem to mind. Erik's is a very kind-hearted soul. I actually grieved when Thorne Bailey, who had a playful rivalry with Erik, both being in the music industry, which Erik on a winning streak for Best Song Accolades. It was hard no longer seeing him. Thorne retired and then managed to drown in his home pool. :open_mouth: In another save, the current one, or the one just before, I lost Dirk Dreamer. He tried to fix a bowl of cereal and it exploded. So sad. I miss them in my game. Also, if you wanted to, you could put them all in the same Dorm in one of the universities. It's wild, it's frenetic, but it can be done. I also play with autonomy ON. I hope my thoughts help in a small way, at least. Good luck.

The important thing is that you do what makes the game fun for you.
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,872 Member
    @SimplySebastien Here's an idea, turn aging off for everyone except the played family, and play the Goths for a while until you have Cassandra a couple of weeks into being a young adult. Maybe Cassandra or Alexander moves out into their own home? That might make it feel like everything has progressed a little bit beyond where they were at the beginning of Sims 2-- the Pleasants etc have just become young adults and Cassandra has been one for a little while.

You could also just age up everyone in the Goth household once, but I feel like developing them by playing them would be more fun.
    I wish that when sims auto talk to other sims you kinda just skip the introduction options, I find it weird that sims can talk to each other for like 2 hours and then you go in and you get the introduction options lol
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Is the moschino tripod bugged? I’m trying to take photo of 3 sims and it’s not doing it - one will go and set the timer and the others will all stand around waiting for photo. I’m sure it worked for me before though.

Is there any trick to it or another way to take photo of 3 sims?
    Is the moschino tripod bugged? I’m trying to take photo of 3 sims and it’s not doing it - one will go and set the timer and the others will all stand around waiting for photo. I’m sure it worked for me before though.

I used it recently on the Karaoke Legends household and it worked the best for me than it ever has. I didn't do anything different from all the other times. I did have to make sure Miko could go around the camera. I also tried it with the Bheedas and Jesminder couldn't get around the camera after setting the timer. I finally just gave up and had her take a selfish with Arun.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member

I used it recently on the Karaoke Legends household and it worked the best for me than it ever has. I didn't do anything different from all the other times. I did have to make sure Miko could go around the camera. I also tried it with the Bheedas and Jesminder couldn't get around the camera after setting the timer. I finally just gave up and had her take a selfish with Arun.

Yeah I think it’s just not working wonderfully with more than 2 sims. I read that it goes better if you buy those marks as well so I will try that! Or get a fourth sim to take the photo :). Thank you!

I wish there was an easy way to remove skills, not just set to level 1. I would love to do a high school save with my current favorite sims but they are way too skilled for high schoolers. Some of them were townies or premades so unfortunately they already had skills before I started playing them.
    I wish there was an easy way to remove skills, not just set to level 1. I would love to do a high school save with my current favorite sims but they are way too skilled for high schoolers. Some of them were townies or premades so unfortunately they already had skills before I started playing them.

If you're not opposed to mods (and you're not on console), I'm pretty sure MCCC can do that. I can't remember off the top of my head where in the MCCC menu it is though.
  • studpoet1studpoet1 Posts: 10 New Member
    I don't know where to put this. I have found that I cannot save and exit anymore. It causes my MacBook pro to freeze. I am not technical so looking up how to fix this has been really frustrating. I don't have an understanding of files and whatnot so most of the "fixes" are over my head. Any idea how to fix this without all the techno gobblygook?
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,872 Member
  • Velvet_LiliesVelvet_Lilies Posts: 56 Member
    Is there an quick trick (in-game cheat function or mod) to make a Sim look at another Sim?

I think I remember some kind of shift-menu cheat function from the Sims 2 that was called "Look At" and it was sooo handy when writing stories because you could just make any sim look at another across a room without making them talk, as long as nobody had to turn is head at an unnatural angle. I was wondering if anyone knew of anything like that in the Sims 4?
    na3uewksu9ny.png
    My Tumblr • • • My first story: "The New Kid" ←
    • • • • •

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top