Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Babies January 3rd? ;) (Confirmed to be March 14!)

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Goodywood wrote: »
    BreeSasha wrote: »
    I'm hoping it'll be separate. So the infant update in late February, the new EP in early March, and then the 2nd EP in September/October. They don't seem to do EPs in November/December. I'm guessing the 2nd EP will be tied to Generations.

I think the first Expansion will be either House Party or based on Brazil based on the recent music video trailer.

What about a music pack @catloverplayer ? Do you think it could be that?

I would associate Brazil more with dancing rather than music. Wonder what they would add in a Brazil inspired House Party EP, other than the obvious parties? Hopefully they will bring back the scooters. And it just crossed my mind that it would have been fun to have a Bollywood inspired Get Famous EP.

The survey mentioned Brazil Beaches so it would hopefully be a Tropical Vacation Pack but it could also include music. Imagine sims having a concert on the beach.
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    When they do drop off infants then you know an expansion or a game pack is just around the corner they've always done this so how quiet it is now we might here something by the end of the month or after new years.

I doubt the end of the month since they'll be on Holiday Break.
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 858 Member
    I'm thinking/hoping it'll be at the end of January or Beginning of February. Then the First EP could release sometime in March or April. If they are sticking with the 2020 survey ideas, then I definitely see a bands or shopping mall pack releasing.
    Coconut27 wrote: »
    I'm thinking/hoping it'll be at the end of January or Beginning of February. Then the First EP could release sometime in March or April. If they are sticking with the 2020 survey ideas, then I definitely see a bands or shopping mall pack releasing.

I think the baby update will be part of a Pre EP Patch like Toddlers was a Pre Gamepack Patch so I'm Prediciting January or February.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I think February at the earliest.

They are likely a pre-patch thing for some kind of family pack, and if that pack is an EP it will have a month or so of trailers and marketing with the patch coming out a few days before release.

Basically, don't anticipate the update until we hear what pack is on it's way.
  • LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,659 Member
    I think we'll get babies in a patch in January then a stuff pack selling us baby furniture 2-3 weeks later then one expansion in July and the other in November. I also think there is going to be a whole lot of real babies created during this cold snap LoL. :Do:)
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • Bren91Bren91 Posts: 296 Member
    Early is January - March I would probably say
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    When they do drop off infants then you know an expansion or a game pack is just around the corner they've always done this so how quiet it is now we might here something by the end of the month or after new years.

I know I was just saying we might hear something like a tweet or something about when infants are coming but most likely next year/ next week or the week after next.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

I know I was just saying we might hear something like a tweet or something about when infants are coming but most likely next year/ next week or the week after next.

well I mean they have to tell us something at some point
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    Next week is my guess for the Roadmap.
  • ThunderNebThunderNeb Posts: 55 Member
    I'm actually terrified of what I expect them to do with the infants. Simmers wanted babies that were less like objects. Instead we get pre-toddler infants that will require new furniture and space for that furniture. I'd rather have pre-teens to fill the gap between children and teens. Or better yet, elder quirks like a) needing glasses b) needing a can. Not properly cared for quirks can lead to a) going blind, or b) needing a wheelchair.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    ThunderNeb wrote: »
    I'm actually terrified of what I expect them to do with the infants. Simmers wanted babies that were less like objects. Instead we get pre-toddler infants that will require new furniture and space for that furniture. I'd rather have pre-teens to fill the gap between children and teens. Or better yet, elder quirks like a) needing glasses b) needing a can. Not properly cared for quirks can lead to a) going blind, or b) needing a wheelchair.

Pre-teens are not out of the question with the release of infants though.

I heard that EA hired the modder that made the pre-teens mod some time ago, so who knows.. maybe infants aren't the only life stage we're getting next year..
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »

Pre-teens are not out of the question with the release of infants though.

I heard that EA hired the modder that made the pre-teens mod some time ago, so who knows.. maybe infants aren't the only life stage we're getting next year..

Also the blurred words said life stages in the Sims summit but then showed us infants with the words still blurry? It may be a coincidence that the words were blurry, and they hired a modder who did a preteen mod like almost immediately after the preteen if I'm not mistaken. They show up here and/or the Sims 5.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member

I actually love the idea of in-between newborn and toddler. Thats such a fun stage. Not so independent, lots of giggles and snuggles. Not really want a preteen stage but I know lots do. Also, if I had a choice, I would want a senior stage then elder. Retirement stage definitely does not mean you are ready for a cane or even glasses. LOL
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I hope it comes in 2 days.
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,612 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I hope it comes in 2 days.

Me too!

PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I hope we get some news soon
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    I hope we get some news soon me too :)
  • Ninja-Dan22Ninja-Dan22 Posts: 117 Member
    Does the sims team come back off holiday tomorrow?
    Does the sims team come back off holiday tomorrow?

Good question. :/
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
    What time tomorrow do you think they'll make an announcement ?
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Interested also now that I have played with babies in sims3 with the store content, I saw how much there was with babies; they play and squeal in the baby swing, and can go to sleep or else get motion sick if it's on too long too fast. You can take them out in strollers, bathr and change them on a changing table, use a baby monitor, and you can see their needs so you know what to address. Toddlers can only sit, and scoot on their rears, then they lean to crawl, and then you can teach them to walk, talk, and potty train, so in sims3 at least, babies graduate from infants who can't sit up on their own, to sitters, scooters, crawlers, then walkers.

So maybe they will emulate that? It seemed to work well.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • BooDaBoo5BooDaBoo5 Posts: 253 Member
    Goodywood wrote: »
    What time tomorrow do you think they'll make an announcement ?

If they do have an announcement, it will likely be 10am pst. That has been the time they make posts or drop patches in the past. If it's too early for babies I'm hoping we'll start getting more info or teases now :)