Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nightshade: A SimLit || Final Update 8/17/23 || THANK YOU FOR 5 YEARS

Comments

• mamasquirrelmamasquirrel Posts: 2,065 Member
    Hey everyone, thank you for the anniversary comments. I'm so sorry that it's been nearly two months since a new chapter -- I had one planned for release toward the end of August, but didn't get to work on it as there was a death in my immediate family. It's been devastating for me and I've had a lot going on because of it, so I hope you all can be patient just a bit longer until I'm able to work on releasing new content. I'm hoping to have a chapter out by the end of this month or the first part of October, but until then, I need a little time to grieve and heal. Thank you all for your support. ❤

@squirrelwithacup <3<3
    yXW40Hz.png?1
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    I am so sorry to hear your news, take all the time you need xx
  • squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    Bloosmoo wrote: »
    I am so sorry to hear your news, take all the time you need xx

Thank you ❤ I'm working on a new chapter that I'm hoping to release very soon. I appreciate the patience and understanding!
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
    jR2LTxU.png
    Hey everyone! Long time, no see! I thought I'd swing by for Halloween to (finally) end my hiatus and release a not-so-spooky chapter, Chapter 106, which you can read by clicking here! Thank you so much for your patience during a difficult time for me. I hope you enjoy :heart:
    37oYgl3.png
    jR2LTxU.png
    Hey everyone! Long time, no see! I thought I'd swing by for Halloween to (finally) end my hiatus and release a not-so-spooky chapter, Chapter 106, which you can read by clicking here! Thank you so much for your patience during a difficult time for me. I hope you enjoy :heart:

@squirrelwithacup
    Orion is just so cute with all the animals. When they are around it's like...Skylar who? I'm glad he has Skylar in his life.
    yXW40Hz.png?1
    Hey everyone! I hope you're having a wonderful holiday season! :heart: I'm just dropping by to announce that regular Nightshade updates will be resuming in January, and I'll have a very special announcement to make for the new year!
    37oYgl3.png
    Okay, so this wasn't January as promised... but regardless, I'm back with a new chapter of Nightshade! Life got crazy as usual and I've been so busy that I've been working on this chapter SINCE January... thank you all for your patience :heart:

First, my announcement: assuming that all goes to plan (which you guys know by now to take with a grain of salt,) after some extensive replanning and rewriting, I intend to end Nightshade by the end of 2022. This isn't a bad thing -- I know you're all going to love how it ends! I'm very pleased with my result and, as it stands, there will be 125 chapters + an epilogue in total, but this is subject to increase if needed. We're approaching year 4 of this story and, as much as I hate it, I just don't have the time or energy to keep it going forever. There's still plenty more ahead, though, trust me... you'd be surprised what I've crammed into the remaining chapters. :wink:

With that being said: here's Chapter 107! Enjoy!
    PMnXVfV.png

Click here to read it!
    37oYgl3.png
    @squirrelwithacup
    Orion's so adorable with the animals. It was rude of Agnes to interrupt Orion and Skylar. Also, it looks like Orion is a father again. The newborns are cute.

@Sims4MagicalTales
    Well, you know how Agnes is. She can't resist the opportunity to smack someone with that purse of hers!
    37oYgl3.png
    oqsMPOe.png

Hello all! This is a very big (and possibly unexpected) chapter. I hope you all enjoy what the story brings from here. I know I'm moving slowly as usual unfortunately... but here's to hoping I'm finally on track to release multiple chapters next month? Fingers crossed!

Read the new chapter by clicking here!
    37oYgl3.png
  • TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    The new chapter was adorable! I loved it! So many kiddos! And so much drama!
    The new chapter was adorable! I loved it! So many kiddos! And so much drama!
    I enjoyed the new chapter!

Thank you both! :) There will be plenty more drama where that came from.
    37oYgl3.png
    nUev6In.png
    Hey everyone! I'm back with a new chapter of Nightshade, which you can read here!

I've been working on two chapters at once, and the next chapter will be HUGE (literally -- maybe the biggest one yet) and worth the extra wait, I promise! Sit tight until then; it's about halfway through production. By the way, who's excited for Werewolves!? I know I am :wink:
    37oYgl3.png
    0CMCpyh.png
    And here it is, the huge chapter I've been working on for weeks! At just over 8.5k words, and with 80+ screenshots, it's the longest yet! I'm super excited to release this one, so I hope you guys enjoy it! :heart:

Read Chapter 110 by clicking here!
    37oYgl3.png
    tRe9nsA.png
    Happy 4th Anniversary to Nightshade! I can't believe I've been creating this story for four years. Time flies. As we near the end of this journey with what is (hopefully) the last anniversary, I hope you all enjoy a special chapter I've been working on -- Chapter 111: Chains That Bind, which you can read here! Thank you for all the support over these past four years :heart:
    37oYgl3.png
    37oYgl3.png
    4 Years :heart:
    thank you to all of my readers for your support over the years (or however long you've been reading!)
    37oYgl3.png
    0CMCpyh.png
    And here it is, the huge chapter I've been working on for weeks! At just over 8.5k words, and with 80+ screenshots, it's the longest yet! I'm super excited to release this one, so I hope you guys enjoy it! :heart:

Read Chapter 110 by clicking here!
    tRe9nsA.png
    Happy 4th Anniversary to Nightshade! I can't believe I've been creating this story for four years. Time flies. As we near the end of this journey with what is (hopefully) the last anniversary, I hope you all enjoy a special chapter I've been working on -- Chapter 111: Chains That Bind, which you can read here! Thank you for all the support over these past four years :heart:

@squirrelwithacup Love the chapter and thank you for sharing and writing your story.
    yXW40Hz.png?1
    37oYgl3.png
    thank you to all of my readers for your support over the years (or however long you've been reading!)

@squirrelwithacup Happy 4th Anniversary to Nightshade. Can't believe it's been 4 years already and will hate to see it end, but thank you for taking the time over the years and writing it. Can't wait to see how you end it.
    yXW40Hz.png?1
    37oYgl3.png

@squirrelwithacup Happy 4th Anniversary to Nightshade. Can't believe it's been 4 years already and will hate to see it end, but thank you for taking the time over the years and writing it. Can't wait to see how you end it.

@squirrelwithacup Love this pic of them too!
    yXW40Hz.png?1
    After four months (sorry!) I'm back with an update! As you might know, I was planning to wrap this story up at the end of the year. All of my plans are still the same, progress is just delayed because... life. I'm hoping to finish in the first quarter of 2023, fingers crossed! There's only a handful of chapters left to go!

That being said, here's Chapter 112, which was meant for Halloween. Now it's after Christmas. Whoops.

Bqtc5rR.png
    Click here to read!
    37oYgl3.png
    After four months (sorry!) I'm back with an update! As you might know, I was planning to wrap this story up at the end of the year. All of my plans are still the same, progress is just delayed because... life. I'm hoping to finish in the first quarter of 2023, fingers crossed! There's only a handful of chapters left to go!

That being said, here's Chapter 112, which was meant for Halloween. Now it's after Christmas. Whoops.

Bqtc5rR.png
    Click here to read!

@squirrelwithacup So glad to see you back and with a new chapter. Love it and can't wait to see how the story ends.
    yXW40Hz.png?1
    edited March 2023
    85AxIHJ.png
    I have a fantastic announcement to make with this post! The screenshots for the entire rest of Nightshade are COMPLETE, only writing is left! Hopefully this means the chapters will start coming much faster, however, I want to upload the ending -- 4 chapters long -- all at once, so once I get to that point, it may take a while. With that being said, here's Chapter 113, which you can read by clicking here!

Edit: I have no idea why the chapter banner is so tiny. Please ignore that, lol.
    37oYgl3.png
    9kIuVgo.png
    Hello everyone! Sorry for the long wait for Chapter 114, life happened. But I'm really excited to release this one, because it's featuring some characters that I've had planned for the story for several years now and they're finally getting a spotlight! I was always hoping to release this chapter for Pride Month, whenever I got around to it, so... the stars aligned! Happy Pride, y'all. :wink:

I really wish I could have done more with them. They had more story planned out, but when I cut content to finally wrap up Nightshade, lots of things got nerfed. Regardless I'm proud of how this turned out! Hope you guys enjoy this little sidequest from the main story :heart:

Read Chapter 114, Fire and Ice, by clicking here!

P.S: I hope releasing this chapter summons a Fairies game pack.
    37oYgl3.png
    P390STJ.png
    Hey everyone! Hope you're having a great summer! And I hope you enjoy the second-to-last Nightshade update EVER, which you can read by clicking here. One final update remains...
    37oYgl3.png