Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Pleasantview is a mess with wants based play...

Summerbear5Summerbear5 Posts: 643 Member
Sooo, I've been playing Pleasantview rotationally and I've been doing a more wants based playthrough as Pleasantsims has done. It's a playstyle that seemed like fun and I never done it before. I always get stuck in trying to make every sim perfect in school/work/lifetime aspiration, so it's a nice change to just play the family through and see what they actually want. The only thing I've noticed playing this way is almost all the teens NEVER want to do their homework which means they NEVER get scholarships for grades, or get daily messages about slipping grades and failing. I'm just now starting to send the teens off to college and I don't want them to all be drop-outs. They also NEVER want to earn skill points or do anything improving wise. A lot of my teen sims just want to earn money or buy stuff lol.

I like the idea of wants based playthrough but, I don't know I might have to take the control sometimes or be less strict with it.

Anyone else play this way? And what is your experience?

It also doesn't help that somehow I had three sets of twins born in the neighborhood and it's been hectic taking care of everyone lol.
angrycat.gif

Comments

• SimCrazySimCrazy Posts: 9,908 Member
    How I compromise with this is if the parents get a want for their children to do well in school, I will have the parents Ask to help their child with their homework.
  • Summerbear5Summerbear5 Posts: 643 Member
    edited December 2022
    I see what your saying, the only thing that I've seen is the parents wanting their teen to get a scholarship. I don't have an issue with homework for the Children they usually always want to either do their homework, ask for help with homework or get an A+ in school. It's only the teens I'm having an issue with. I can see though if the parents are wanting the children to get a scholarship then I could maybe use that as an insentive to them doing their homework. I feel like getting an A+ in school is the easiest scholarship to get lol.
    Post edited by Summerbear5 on
    angrycat.gif
  • SimCrazySimCrazy Posts: 9,908 Member
    I see what your saying, the only thing that I've seen is the parents wanting their teen to get a scholarship. I don't have an issue with homework for the Children they usually always want to either do their homework, ask for help with homework or get an A+ in school. It's only the teens I'm having an issue with. I can see though if the parents are wanting the children to get a scholarship then I could maybe use that as an insentive to them doing their homework. I feel like getting an A+ in school is the easiest scholarship to get lol.

A lot of my sims parents have the want for their teens to be overachievers, so I use that to incentivize the parents to help their teens with homework.
  • Summerbear5Summerbear5 Posts: 643 Member
    Thank you @SimCrazy my adult Sims haven't gotten that yet, because my Teen Sims haven't gotten a job and I think overachiever want is triggered by if the teen Sims get a part-time job.
    angrycat.gif