Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help me fix some problems in my Sims 3!

So, I have been playing Sims 3 on and off for a while now. I decided that before I return to play one more time, I try finding fixes for everything that makes the game more exhausting. So if you can think of a fix / mod / tip / anything that solves any of these problems, please help me!

1. I wanna say running, like in gneral. The game doesn't run smoothly, sometimes time freezes for a while, and everything is stuck. It happens more often while exploring abroad, everytime a hidden room is revealed or something like that. The worst of them is picking Angu's axe in China, which can cause the game to freeze for over 5 minutes(!). If there is fix specifically for world adventures it would help, but I wanna fix it in general...
2. Im having a hard time scrolling items in a big list, such as the inventory or lists in buy mode. Is there anything that makes inventory more comfortable to use? Is there anything that helps loading said lists take less time? The worst case for that is using omniplant, which can take 2 minutes to load.
3. In the stylist / architecture careers, I need to get one of each task. However, some of the tasks are never given. I even tried to cheat with testingcheatsenabled, but even then these tasks are locked. I have no idea how to unlock them, it's not a career level problem since my sim maxed the career level.
4. when the sim takes out gems from the inventory, the gem has no color. All types of gems would look the same.
5. I have been trying to grow cucumber plant. However, It doesn't exist. Not in buydebug, and can't lant a cucumber.
6. Getting specific opportunities can take forever. Like the one to receive omniplants. I can wait for weeks and still not get it.
*The worst case for that is a specific opportunity that is an adventure in france. Can't remember which one, but sometimes I send my sim to france multiple times and still not get that adventure...

I think that's it for now, hope that you can help me with atleast some of these.
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    1 and 2: Performance issues can be difficult to diagnose, but one thing that might help is the Smooth Patch by Lazy Duchess. I'd suggest using a version 1.x rather than the newer 2.x, which comes with more changes that you might not want, for example it doesn't play nicely with NRaas MasterController custom CAS settings. The original just increases the number of tasks per second the game engine can perform, which can help with bottlenecks (when there's a lot going on) and definitely helps with loading times.

Also, clean out your sims' inventories.

Having said that, the wait times you're describing are highly unusual, so much so that I wonder if there's something else going on, like a bad mod. Your 4th question makes me think the same thing. I'd suggest running the game with only NRaas mods as a test.

3: This has been a problem since the beginning. For the Stylist tasks, the world needs to have a sim who qualifies, which isn't easy if the inactive sims aren't getting married or changing careers very often.

5: The cucumber plant is apparently bugged in non-English installs, or at least it was back in 2014. I had no idea, but I found this:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/761295/the-mill-set-cucumbers-dontt-work

6: The more skills your sim has, the more chances a different opportunity than the one you want will show up instead. Just reject the ones you don't want, or complete them quickly. There's also a bug where if you have ITF installed, the future-related opportunities keep rolling and then getting blocked because your sim isn't in the future, which results in no offered opportunity at all. See this for more info:

https://modthesims.info/d/560635

You can always manually assign an opportunity with NRaas MasterController. As for the WA-related opportunities, NRaas Traveler fixes most problems with certain adventures not spawning on the travel board. Please also keep in mind that some of them require a certain skill or visa level, for example the Nectary-related adventure requires that the sim have a visa level 3 in France.