Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Santa is not welcome!

2...Next

Comments

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    @bshag4lv How/where do you see the flower bunny? What pack does he come with? I have all the expansions and have never seen him, nor trick or treaters. :/

The flower bunny and trick or treaters are part of the seasons pack but they are not used by any of the premade holidays. You need to create or edit a holiday and add these traditions yourself if you want to see this tradition in your game. If you only play with the default holidays created by maxis you will never see them.
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    For winterfest I replaced one of the traditions with baking because no Christmas without Christmas cookies for me.

Oh, see, this is why I mostly left Winterfest as it is, but added a Winterfest Eve holiday for the night before, with baking, decorating, lighting candles, and attending a service. (I think maybe also, telling stories?). My sims bake some cookies, get them ready to put out for Santa the next day, decorate the tree and the house, and then head out for what I imagine is a midnight candlelight service.

Then Winterfest itself is for exchanging presents, having a grand holiday meal, and a visit from Santa.

I think that is a very good idea but I find a two day holiday very disruptive for my sims every day lives. I prefer a shorter one day version. I also added other holidays like Easter, a summer break (tradition to go on holiday) and 1th of November (a day to commemorate the dead in my country). Two days of Christmas is two long with only 2 weeks per season.
    that being said, Christmas is just around the corner in my game. Maybe I should edit it for this one sims year and play Christmas eve as well for once because it is so close to real Christmas.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    edited December 2022
    You could probably edit the holiday to remove him as a goal

You absolutely have the ability to edit the holiday! Click on the scheduled day on the calendar and you'll see the pencil next to the name of said holiday. Click that and remove any parts that you don't wish. You can also add (so long as there's room) goals you do want. End of problem.

ETA: I remove Gnomes, always. I used to just place them in into my Sims' personal inventory, and from there sell them. LOL They are an interesting feature, but so very hard to please. One tried to electrocute my Rock Star, because Erik gave him the wrong item. Face/palm.

Also, if you have Toddlers, I would recommend removing Father Winter as a goal. He never gives Toddlers gifts, no matter how sweetly they ask. So sad. I'd rather spare my Tots the trauma. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • LiebeslottchenLiebeslottchen Posts: 69 Member
    One tried to electrocute my Rock Star, because Erik gave him the wrong item.
    Ghastly creatures indeed!
    Also, if you have Toddlers, I would recommend removing Father Winter as a goal. He never gives Toddlers gifts, no matter how sweetly they ask. So sad. I'd rather spare my Tots the trauma. ;)
    Aww that's really sad. Santa is such a piece of work!
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    Aw sorry about your toddlers @GalacticGal :( I've had no trouble with Father Winter giving gifts to toddlers. I have found though that everyone in the household needs to wait their turn asking for gifts-- if too many people ask at once then Father Winter tends only to respond to one of them. I wonder if your issue might be either that or a mod?
    gen3-banner.png
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    When I did have Father Winter included in the Christmas holiday, he wouldn't give a gift to my toddler. I felt so bad that when the cheapskate left, I had them give the toddler a gift, which made him happy. Skinflint, he's not in any of my games at present. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Aw sorry about your toddlers @GalacticGal :( I've had no trouble with Father Winter giving gifts to toddlers. I have found though that everyone in the household needs to wait their turn asking for gifts-- if too many people ask at once then Father Winter tends only to respond to one of them. I wonder if your issue might be either that or a mod?

I do tend to rush things. He's normally only around for what seems like too short a time to get to everybody. Next time, I think I'll have the adults stand back until the Tots have had their turn. Could very well be Player Malfunction. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,659 Member
    @Atreya33 Thank you for making it clear the holidays have to be edited to include those activities. :)
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I believe there is a mod that fixes Santa from staying too long but I can't remember the name.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    you could try removing any chimney's, not sure if those being a requirement are for real or just a joke

One Christmas when I didn’t have a fireplace he actually didn’t come. But another one he just came through the front door.

I think if you have a fireplace he just appears at it at a set time.

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,779 Member
    Cannot help but chuckle everytime I see the topic of this thread :D At very beginning I thought someone was telling about their IRL celebration methods :p

Off topic, sorry, please carry on :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    umUOdeW.png
    I don't have a problem with Father Winter either. Just get the toddler to 'talk to stranger' couple of times, then the option 'ask for present' appears under the help social menu.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I will definitely try that next time sims have Christmas. It always upset me when he didn't give presents to the little guys. He usually gives really great presents!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    While we are big fans of Santa in real life, we have mixed feelings about Father Winter at our house. He does bring some cool gifts to most of the Sims in the household, but we've seen him ignore Toddlers, too. (Thanks for the suggestion about a way to fix that, @cornflake88 .) Clement can be a humorous sight when he's in his Santa attire, doing random Townie things.

On the other hand, he overstays his welcome...but that's a minor inconvenience compared to his other holiday "tradition."

Most of the time, Father Winter arrives in a flirtatious mood. He's spoiled more than one holiday by hitting on members of the household. He usually chooses someone who is involved in a relationship, as if his goal is to create as much drama as possible. He's fortunate one of my Sims hasn't chosen to deck more than the halls.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    I always find with 3 sims he’ll give one of them something expensive like a high end PC, then he’ll tell one of the others they’re on the naughty list and give them clay or something.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member
    First time in my game I encountered Father Winter/Clement Frost was during a one million similions challenge.
    He is now a husband to my Sim in the challenge, and has one daughter, and one more child on the way.
    Since he is occupied with a family, another father winter replaced him for his duties.
    So, instead of getting rid of him, I just brought him into my gameplay.
    He came for a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 call, and he got it.