Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cars are coming

plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 128 Member
So, you remember the card SimGuruLindsay posted back in 2020 when all that Batuu drama happened? She said we were getting new skintones next, but she also said 4 things (requested) that were not coming in that moment. Bunk beds, farming, babies and CARS. Guess what, we have been blessed with three of them by now, I think cars are a sure thing next to babies. What do you think?

C'mon, I think most of us just want cars animations and be able to fix them like TS2, we don't need them in the road, just an animation leaving the house, don't ya? Please EA. End this game with decency.

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Yes that's right she sure did. We're about to get infants so cars will be after that.
  • LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,659 Member
    I want motorcycle's with functioning sidecar's!!! Motorcycle's could follow any pathing a bicycle could.
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 271 Member
    plumboy23 wrote: »
    So, you remember the card SimGuruLindsay posted back in 2020 when all that Batuu drama happened? She said we were getting new skintones next, but she also said 4 things (requested) that were not coming in that moment. Bunk beds, farming, babies and CARS. Guess what, we have been blessed with three of them by now, I think cars are a sure thing next to babies. What do you think?

C'mon, I think most of us just want cars animations and be able to fix them like TS2, we don't need them in the road, just an animation leaving the house, don't ya? Please EA. End this game with decency.
    As you said, there's alot that can be done with a stationary car placeable in the Sims.

- Eat your food in it.
    - Sleep in it.
    - Woohoo in it.
    - Read books in it.
    - Sit and talk in it.
    - Fix the car.
    - Children can play in and on it.
    - Fry eggs on the hood during hot summerdays.
    - If it's a pickup, you can fill the back of the car with water and take a bath in it.
    - During hot days, activate air condition and on cold days, heater. Might have to reach a certain level in mechanic skill to build it. Basically, the car will be perfect for those Sims that lives outdoors.
    - And of course, the most important thing: When you send your Sim to a public lot, they will all (instead of running around doing what they pleases while the game is trying to go to the loading screen) enter the car and leave.

Sure, I'm all for a car add-on.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Drivable cars / trucks / motorcycles and related careers/ hobbies are on my wishlist’s top 5 MOST WANTED!

What I absolutely DO NOT WANT is cars everywhere. I’d need an option to turn off vehicles, including the ambient ones.
    Sloppy Jalopy wouldn’t look right in my medieval fantasy saves.

Other than that, bring on them vroom vrooms!
    Please.
    And soon.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I'd love a hearse and a horse-drawn carriage. Also, really old vintage cars and buggies from the early 1900s. Munster style!
    #Team Occult
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited December 2022
    i think I want motorcycles and motorcycle racing and mechanic workbench most so I can play gasoline row and bike gangs (well i suppose they could be recycling bicycle gang or Sulani aquazip gang if it never happens but :lol: )

I would also love to have cars that we can view sims sitting inside of and listen music woohoo makeout learn to drive all that I don't really care for cars if its another rabbithole incident like the hsy carnival or snowy ski lift that in my opinion is meh meh and also meh

oh and new infants and toddlers finna need strollers

maybe kids could have those nightmarish kids cars people be having these days or skateboards or such be fun

as for animal transport yeah dragons and horses be neat to ride and befriend
    and horse carriages meanwhile unlikely would be kinda lit
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • fae_brassfae_brass Posts: 81 Member
    Teens being able to learn to drive with their parents like Sims 3 would be great too. An extra unique experience for teens
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    Yeah, I think they already had cars planned by cottage living…… as a play on words with Henford on Bagley points toward cars. Some thing about Ford living on Bagley street or something like that.
    If we get cars I'd love motorcycles as well and motorcycles that two sims can ride on.
    LiELF wrote: »
    I'd love a hearse and a horse-drawn carriage. Also, really old vintage cars and buggies from the early 1900s. Munster style!

Ooh excellent! Imagine our sims being able to zoom around in The Munster Koach or DRAG-U-LA? How wonderful that would be! 😆

This makes me yearn for a tool to build our own mech-nificent atrocities, which I believe should be called CAR (Create A …Revvingthing).
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited December 2022
    I hope so, we have gotten so many hints, or not-hints for cars over the years so I hope that we will finally get them. I think there is a lot of potential for cars in the sims4.

Cars could have conditions, different types of engines with different fuel economy (petrol, diesel, hybrid, electric), travel bonuses, customization, cars that sims own could show up at parking spaces, sims could be able to buy cars used or broken and fix them up for a profit.

And the thousands of house builds that have oversized toy cars or debug cars can finally replace them with real cars...
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 642 Member
    edited December 2022
    I'm really curious about the number of changes/overhauls the worlds will require, as many lots don't line up with the street, and there are often sidewalks and such in front of them. Plus, it seems that, quite often, the scaling of roads/highways isn't consistent. Thus, I'm sure that if (hopefully) they do it, it's going to require massive retooling of several of the worlds.

I do hope that they will either be a game update or most likely both, the big summer EP.

Maybe this could explain why it took so long?
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Drivable cars / trucks / motorcycles and related careers/ hobbies are on my wishlist’s top 5 MOST WANTED!

What I absolutely DO NOT WANT is cars everywhere. I’d need an option to turn off vehicles, including the ambient ones.
    Sloppy Jalopy wouldn’t look right in my medieval fantasy saves.

Other than that, bring on them vroom vrooms!
    Please.
    And soon.

yes cars and medieval times please
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

yes vintage cars are a must
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited December 2022
    This thread has gone from ‘we just want cars and we don’t mind if we can’t drive them’ to ‘we want hearses and vintage cars and horse and carriage and to fry eggs on them 😂.’

I personally think the game just wasn’t built for cars, and they should plan Sims 5 around cars from the very beginning. Maybe we will get them in some way, but I don’t have hope for them meeting people’s expectations unless its an expansion pack and they remodel existing worlds instead of making a new one or something.

It’s lots of work for a patch unless they’re just stationary objects with interactions like the hamster cage.
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    This thread has gone from ‘we just want cars and we don’t mind if we can’t drive them’ to ‘we want hearses and vintage cars and horse and carriage and to fry eggs on them 😂.’

"Fry Eggs on Vehicle" would be considered a typical Sims interaction, so why not? 😊
    I personally think the game just wasn’t built for cars, and they should plan Sims 5 around cars from the very beginning. Maybe we will get them in some way, but I don’t have hope for them meeting people’s expectations unless its an expansion pack and they remodel existing worlds instead of making a new one or something.

It’s lots of work for a patch unless they’re just stationary objects with interactions like the hamster cage.

If they introduce cars as a new lifestate we'll be alright.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited January 2023
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    If we get cars I'm hoping for automatic car washers.
  • lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
    I think it's possible. Seeing how they add half-open worlds, wider streets, gas stations even if they are just decoration. They are slowly filling gamers' wishes but they are doing it slowly. So maybe, if not this year, we will get cars in 2024??
  • flaminganakinflaminganakin Posts: 36 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Yeah, I think they already had cars planned by cottage living…… as a play on words with Henford on Bagley points toward cars. Some thing about Ford living on Bagley street or something like that.

I'm gonna be honest, I was skeptical of SG Lindsey's tweet being a clue until I saw your comment!

I looked it up and Bagley Avenue is where Henry Ford was living with his family when he built his first automobile. It's now a museum.

You guys have convinced me. Cars are on the way 👀
  • Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    I wouldnt be surprised if it comes in the next expansion if its generations themed. Teaching teens to drive was a feature in TS3 Generations.
  • lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
    Aeriexo11 wrote: »
    I wouldnt be surprised if it comes in the next expansion if its generations themed. Teaching teens to drive was a feature in TS3 Generations.

I hope so but if it has been a thing they would have hinted it somehow. Cars are on the way for sure though. If not this year, maybe next year?
  • mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    edited July 2023
    That’s very cool but I wish there were taxi cabs cars and taxi boats in the sims 4 just like in the sims 3
    Post edited by mollie1998 on
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    If cottage living really was hinting at cars I really don't like that they hint features years before they actually release it. Kind of seems they do it just to string the community along to give them incentive to stick around until the feature arrives.