Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results - BnS 156 - Home for Winterfest

@pammiechick
    8u62DgC.png
    You have designed such a lovely home for the DeWinters family! This beautiful contemporary three-story home has wonderful street appeal and you have decorated it so nicely for Winterfest. You have done a great job on the landscaping and have filled the yard up with so many great activities for the family to enjoy. The oversized deck is perfect for a large family, I especially like the potted plant on the deck. You have added so many nice plants for Neva to take care of. She will be sure to enjoy her private garden space that is perfect for all seasons. The interior of the home is decorated nicely. The natural aesthetic looks great with the dark woods and light furnishings. The three-story living room, with the beams, is a nice feature for the home, as well as the themed bedrooms. You have added so many nice details to this home. Well done!

Suggestions: It would have been nice to have a mirror in the small powder room.

@coolsim9999999
    ES9XP8l.png
    Great job on your first entry! I really liked the backstory of each member of the family in your description. You have done a great job of decorating the DeWinter’s home for Winterfest, the reindeer on the rooftop is such a great idea! Your design of the home is very creative and festive. You have done a wonderful job designing the yard for the family, adding so many activities and details to the property. The interior of the home is decorated well and has a nice layout. The classic decorating style suits the family well and adding the playroom was a great addition to the home. You have added so many special little items to this home! I especially like the toy train by the Christmas tree. I’m sure the DeWinter family will be very pleased with their new home.

Suggestions: It felt like there was quite a bit of red on the interior of the home. I would suggest giving a few rooms a different color just to break it up a bit. Also, make sure you don’t forget to add railing to the stairs in your home.

@Kiteldesigns
    ds4i4VX.png
    You have designed a beautiful modern home for the DeWinter family! The dark brown, wood features, and paneling look great on the exterior of the home especially with the rooftop glass greenhouse feature. The landscaping is well done and suits the style of the home nicely. You have added so many nice activities for the family to enjoy outdoors. The interior of the home looks great as well. It has a nice design and all the decks you added are a nice touch. The artwork throughout the house really gives the home a comfortable feeling and the furniture that you chose, although modern, still feels like it is perfect for a large family of all ages. The bedrooms are all very well done. It is wonderful that you have made sure to give each room its own unique style. Neva will be sure to enjoy all the plants that you have placed throughout the property.

Suggestions: I noticed a few objects cutting into each other. It is always a good idea to double check for that.

@JojoMOMSTER
    l4pGIIo.png
    What a creative idea to renovate a motel! The design of your home is very well done and really does look like a renovated motel. The carport, pool, parking space, fence and playground area all work well to give this illusion. You even added air conditioning units to the roof! The family will be very happy with the outdoor space. There are many different areas for them to enjoy, especially if they want some privacy. The garden space for Neva is lovely. The interior of the home is unique and creative as well. The quiet space for Thor and Neva was a nice addition to the home, as well as the gym, study space, and craft room. The motel style bedrooms work really well for the family, this even gives each child their own bathroom. I’m sure they will love that! You have done a great job of showing each child’s personality by the way you have decorated their rooms. Great job on this build!

Suggestions: The foyer seemed a bit dull compared to the rest of the home. Adding some curtains, or rugs: even a feature wall would have looked really nice.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @pammiechick

aKW6tBo.jpg

3gHHX7s.png
    Room Challenge

@coolsim9999999
    oAe3060.png
    The dining room that you have designed for the DeWinter’s is beautiful! It is so festive and you have made sure to add all the little extras required for a wonderful holiday meal. The buffet, stereo, globe bar, and hutch are all excellent additions to this room. The pictures in your slideshow are great, showing that the family is really enjoying their dining room.

Suggestions: Choosing a larger curtain for the window, or adding 2 more curtains would have looked nice.

[
    3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @coolsim9999999

KMpYnuR.jpg

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Beautiful builds, room and families all around. Thanks @BuildnShare
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    edited November 2022
    Congratulations on winning the established level for builds for Barndominium @JojoMOMSTER B)<3!

Congratulations on winning the established level for builds for Home for Winterfest @pammiechick B)<3!

Thanks so much for your awesome review of my rooms for Barndominium and Home for Winterfest @BuildnShare B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Thank you @coolsim9999999 ! Congrats on your win as well!

Thank you @BuildnShare for your kind words of encouragement!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    You're welcome and Thank you very much @pammiechick B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

bhaXpM1.png
    Expert Results - BnS 167 - Revival

@Pinkusfamily
    edSUMzD.jpg
    Prowler’s Garden Patch is a beautiful revival of it’s former self, you really have worked wonders! Lovely classic design of the build which blends in well with it’s surroundings. Excellent choice of fenestration and I love the stained glass you have chosen. The entrance gate is very welcoming and the gardens are stunning with all the colourful plants, looks formal yet informal, great mix. The climbing plants give an edge of authenticity as do the statues. Great interior layout and design with rooms spacious and easily accessible. I really like how you’ve combined old and new with furnishings and fixtures and created very cosy and comfy living areas, lots of nostalgia here. Gorgeous bedrooms, each colour has been excellently mixed and matched with furniture and décor. Well done to Millie on her gardening skills, there’s certainly lots of life outside now!

Suggestions: The only thing I'd pull you up on is the broken WC off the back hallway in the slideshow!

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @Pinkusfamily

Td7Tvzj.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    Thank you so much @BuildnShare

It took me a minute as to what you meant in your suggestion.
    Sorry, I will watch for that in next challenge..

Happy Holidays...
    Congratulations on winning the expert level @Pinkusfamily B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

fcuRqPI.png
    Starting Out Results - BnS 167 - Revival

@mustanggranny☆
    pWSe4FF.jpg
    You have done an excellent job of restoring Millie’s grandmother’s home. The fenced in yard looks beautiful, especially with all the plants and the pond and fountain that you have added. The front porch looks like a great place to enjoy the view and the columns and spandrels you have added suit the style of the house nicely. The interior of the home looks very nice as well. You have done a great job of giving this house a cozy feeling. The color scheme and furniture that you have used go together nicely. The items that you chose to keep from the estate look great where you have placed them and you have added a nice amount of clutter throughout the home to make the house look lived in. You have done a wonderful job on this build.

Suggestions: I would suggest adding some terrain paint around the plants and buildings in your landscaping, it really adds that little bit extra to your build. Also, for next time, it would really help the judges if you added overhead views to your slideshow.

@Cavapoo_King☆
    RYlunLS.png
    You have done a wonderful job of designing a home for Millie. The different siding textures look very nice on the exterior of the home. The wrap around deck and the carport are nice additions as well. The back yard looks great with the pool, garden boxes, and all of the debug items that you have used for the garden. The interior of the home has a very nice layout. Your color choices work well together and it was nice that you made each bedroom unique. I especially enjoyed the design of the second-floor master bedroom. You have added many nice decorating choices to this home. Well done!

Suggestions: Always remember to double check for items cutting into each other. I noticed that the blinds were clipping into some items in the bedrooms.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @Cavapoo_King
    x9ldfSU.jpg

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    fcuRqPI.png
    Starting Out Results - BnS 169 - Winter Designer Showdown

@SannaJo_Pink
    qZzSOad.jpg
    You have designed a beautiful cottage that will be perfect for a growing family. The landscaping is phenomenal! It fits seamlessly into its surroundings and you have added so much detail. The pond with the waterwheel is my favorite. The style of the home suits Henford-on-Bagley very nicely. The accents that you have used; such as the window boxes, dormers, and window coverings; really give this house a nice look. The interior of the home looks great as well. The layout is a nice design and the colors that you have chosen give the home a cheery, country feel. All the little clutter details and wall artwork that you have used throughout the home really give this build that little bit extra. You have done a wonderful job on this home!

Suggestions: Having two children’s bedrooms, rather than one big one, would have looked really nice.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @SannaJo_Pink
    FVYaDSw.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    bhaXpM1.png
    Expert Results - BnS 162 - Safe Haven

@Pinkusfamily
    6c1BTkJ.jpg
    The lot traits you chose will help the teens feel right at home and succeed with their school work. The flowers lining the front sidewalk brighten the exterior and make the home more inviting. The living room is cozy and looks like a nice place to relax and play games. I like that each activity has its own area. The garage turned into a fitness room is a nice idea. Making the kitchen spacious with two ovens will be nice to feed all those hungry mouths. The library reminds me of a school library, it will be great for studying. I love all the different activities you fit into the second floor. Great job on the entire lot! I think the kids will feel safe and comfortable here!

Suggestions: Thanks for labeling the rooms, here's a little tip: put a white or black box behind your lettering to make the words easier to read.

3gHHX7s.png
    Congrats @Pinkusfamily
    Td7Tvzj.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    Congratulations @SannaJo_Pink for winning starting out! B)<3

Congratulations @Pinkusfamily for winning the expert level! B)<3
    4kkjdXo.png

bhaXpM1.png
    Expert Results - BnS 161 - Blast from the Past

@Pinkusfamily
    8mt55pR.jpg
    The lot traits you chose will help Wells in his studies. The shrubs and vines growing over the outside of the house give it a nice aged look and the flowers give a beautiful little pop of color. Great explanation of the layout of the house and why you chose certain things. The layout of the house is simple but still has plenty of room for activities and hobbies. The clutter throughout the house is a nice touch and makes the house look like it belongs to a collector. Great job all throughout!

Suggestions: None

@Jazmi1396
    nCaDSOK.png
    Beautiful big home. The landscaping around the home is perfect to keep it a little more private. Good use of browns and blacks within the home but somehow still keeping it a little bright. The multiple seating areas will be great for entertaining guests. I like that the greenhouse is separated into sections. I like the use of platforms in the bedrooms. The little pond in the yard is cute!

Suggestions: None

3gHHX7s.png

Both of these houses were beautifully done and picking a winner was hard but ....

The Winner is @Pinkusfamily
    Td7Tvzj.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

Sim Challenge

@Pinkusfamily
    ZCBSNGi.jpg
    First of all, kudos for doing research on Wells. You’ve picked out great traits for H.G. and his fiance Jane. Every outfit you picked for them looked perfect for the time frame they are from! Love seeing them interacting and hearing their backstory. Great job!

Congrats to @Pinkusfamily
    Td7Tvzj.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results - BnS 161 - Blast from the Past

@Kiteldesigns
    KEzMGXZ.png
    I love the look of the outside of the house. It reminds me of an older tudor home. The landscaping is well done, the large bushes are a good compliment to the massive house. Super spacious inside. The wallpapers and decorations give it a dramatic renaissance vibe. You did a great job of continuing that theme throughout the entire home. I really like the living room on the first floor, great choice of furniture and decor. That long dining room table would be perfect for entertaining or throwing parties!

Suggestions: Nothing much to note, maybe just fill some of the bare spots in the house with activities or decorations. Feel free to add some descriptions to photos so we know what we’re looking at.

@JojoMOMSTER
    w7sE82D.png
    I like your explanation of the building, it helps set the tone. Good idea expanding a townhouse into a full home. Lots of seating in the living room for entertaining guests. I like that you kept doors in between each room on the first floor similar to how houses were planned in the past. You were able to add so many bedrooms on the second floor, it will be perfect for a growing family and for entertaining. I like the workshop basement, full of all kinds of activities and crazy new technology.

Suggestions: Some parts of the house felt a little too modern for a H.G.Wells theme but other than that not much to comment on.

3gHHX7s.png

And the Winner is .... @KitelDesigns
    vEEOxbO.png

3gHHX7s.png

Room Challenge

@JojoMOMSTER
    I8A0CA4.png
    Good choice in furniture and wallpaper to give the room a dated look. The gallery of photos on the wall and the wall clock are a nice touch of decor. With the foosball table and piano, this looks like it would be the most fun room in the house. A little over budget, but we’ll let it slide this time.

3gHHX7s.png

Congrats to @jojoMOMSTER
    TxNOV0G.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

Sim Challenge

@JojoMOMSTER
    Q7hCLVO.jpg
    I think you have picked out the perfect traits and life aspiration for Mr.Wells. I like that you added some extra traits and some skills as well. Good idea to make his girlfriend too, with the traits you chose I think they will get along great! All of his outfits help him give off the appearance of being from the past. I hope he and his new growing family are very happy!

3gHHX7s.png

And the Winner is .... @JojoMOMSTER
    TxNOV0G.jpg

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results - BnS 160 - Spring Designer Showdown

@Khree29
    BM6Bzs1.png
    Great job with Windom Downs! I like the long driveway, and lining it with shrubs really makes it pop. All of the plants outside the house give life to the exterior. I liked hearing about Mrs. Kirby’s travels and her life backstory, it helped add character to the parts of the home that tied in with her life. Good use of green in every room! It really feels like a home decorated in odds and ends one might find while traveling.

Suggestions: Don’t be afraid to use the entire budget, you had close to $30,000 you could add some more activities or decor for Mrs.Kirby. I also would like to see some roofing on the home to add some definition to the exterior, so that it is not blocky.

@iampes23
    A0WrBPE.jpg
    Luxury Family Abode is very luxurious. The entire house inside and out has a super modern feel. I like how you used the space in the backyard to create a few different areas for varying activities. The spring decorations throughout the house are a good idea to get everyone in the spring spirit. Cohesive style throughout the entire home, most of the rooms match in style and color. Nice use of green with splashes here and there in the rooms. Lots of room and activities for entertaining lots of guests! Good use of lot traits as well.

Suggestions: You had around $30,000 on your budget you could still use if you wanted. Some of the cabinet placement throughout the house didn’t quite look natural (the upper kitchen cabinets and a few cabinets in the kids bathroom)

@KitelDesigns
    hmpI5xB.png
    Lovely exterior, it feels like a fancy older English home. The vines and shrubs growing up the side of the house help age it and give it personality. I enjoy all the shrubs and little ponds around the exterior of the home. The interior somehow feels even more fancy. Cute idea to turn parts of the house into a museum. The bedrooms are beautifully decorated. I could spend all day exploring the grounds around the home.

Suggestions: Your slideshow tour was kind of all over the place and a little hard to follow at times. Open space is sometimes good, but there are a few spots in this home that needed a little more activity or decoration to fill the dead spaces.

@MaryKup
    dwba25s.jpg
    Garden Essence is a great little family home! You’ve picked good lot traits to help the family thrive. Cute suburban exterior. I like the living room shelving unit. The style throughout the home is a good mix of eclectic and homey. Great use of space throughout the entire home, No corner or room looked bare and the home has plenty of activities to keep everyone entertained.

Suggestions: A few furniture and decor items didn’t quite match the theme of the rest of the house, but not much else to comment on.

@Karyn7475
    RN11maS.png
    The exterior is a good mix of modern and suburban. You’ve done some great landscaping all around the house! The big windows were a great choice to let in lots of light. The entire home feels super spacious. The first floor has a dramatic modern feel, while the second floor is more homey and modern. The entire house is so picturesque, I am not sure where I would want to spend all my time first.

Suggestions: The deep colors on the first floor darkened the style a little, I would have liked to see a pop of color here and there to bring in the spring feeling.

3gHHX7s.png

And the Winner is .... @Kiteldesigns
    2nd Place goes to .... @Karyn7475
    3rd Place goes to .... @MaryKup

sXy5NJb.jpg

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Beautiful builds all around. Thank you for posting the feedback @BuildnShare
    Thank you @BuildnShare .

All builds & rooms & Sims were very creative !

All are winners here !

Thank you again @BuildnShare ( for catching up )

Have a Great weekend..

Diane Pinkus o:)
    edited February 2023
    Congratulations on winning everyone! B)<3

For Challenge 161:
    Expert @Pinkusfamily for the build and Sim B)<3
    Established @KitelDesigns for #161 build challenge and @JojoMOMSTER for the room challenge and the Sim challenge B)<3

And

Established Results - BnS 160
    Congratulations @KitelDesigns B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

bhaXpM1.png
    Expert Results - BnS 169 - Winter Designer Showdown

@Pinkusfamily
    ZsTqBFg.jpg
    I’ve loved lakeside rental cabins similar to this! I think you nailed that feel quite well. Using the debug wooden planks to make some connection at ceiling level (creating a ceiling beam) in the kitchen is clever and a nice way to anchor the beams when the walls are down for a player also. The kitchen island area is also creative and a nice addition. Love the lakeside ‘outbuilding/bathroom/shower’ combo! This cabin offers so many fun things to do that compliment the setting... I want to vacation there!

Suggestions: I would have liked to see the second bedroom more geared toward the rest of the family, but more generic so it could accommodate 2-3 adults or children. Perhaps using a bunk bed(s) – or the bunk combo that has a double bed on the bottom – and perhaps a Murphy bed in the living room? These types of cabins oftentimes include at least one bunk, a futon/Murphy bed option, etc., so it can accommodate a group &/or a family.

3gHHX7s.png

And the Winner is .... @Pinkusfamily
    Td7Tvzj.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited March 2023
    Thank you @BuildnShare .

Great suggestions !

Have a wonderful week all.

( If I may say @BuildnShare Thank you for catching up.
    But I think You are still lagging- I have Not found Results in this category for BnS#165 "BARNDOMINIUM"
    and BnS #163 SUMMER DESIGNER SHOWDOWN also BnS #166 Fall Designer Showdown )

Thank you.
    Diane Pinkus o:)
    Post edited by Pinkusfamily on
    Congratulations on winning the expert build level for challenge 169 @Pinkusfamily B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

Thank you @coolsim9999999

o:)
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results - BnS 170 - Forbidden Love

@pammiechick
    KAiMe9N.png
    Forbidden Love Nest is a very impressive looking build with it’s lovely contrasting exterior finishes. You have made excellent use of the terrain tools to create the different levels and make the facade look very unique and interesting. Magnificent entrance into the house and I love the large windows looking out to the hot springs. The bold and colourful interior design is stunning and oozes vibrance, life and energy. Absolutely love the main bathroom, very striking wild vibes here yet feels very relaxing and soothing at the same time. I also like how you’ve created a platform in the main bedroom to create a focal point of the bed. The secret hideaway is a fantastic idea and the perfect place for them to relax and be themselves.

Suggestions: The only suggestion I have would be to add some planting/flowers to the front, especially where the terrain has been raised, as this would help smooth the edges and also add more interest.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @pammiechick

aKW6tBo.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Thank you for your suggestions @BuildnShare ! Definitely needed more flowers. Had some but it was winter when I shot this but could have used more. :D
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    You're welcome @Pinkusfamily :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top