Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

High school pack worth it ?

I have been away for a long while now I am back and hoping to get some new packs. I do like family play and teen play. But I am not a big fan of university I find it boring. So my question is , is high school pack worth it ?

Comments

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    High School Pack is not worth it at full price in my opinion.

+ CAS items are very good, very gen z, if that's what you want your teens to wear. And you can also create outfits and sell on Trendi.
    + Build items are very good, good for making rooms that look more like rooms for teens.
    + Teens will behave more like teens.

- The high school itself doesn't offer much, all that you can do during classes is just sit and watch.
    - After school activities and the fair that's in the world are just rabbit holes.
    - A lot of things in the pack gets old fast, prom every week and the social bunny app just posting the same messages over and over.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    edited December 2022
    There are parts of it that are very worth it. But not at the full price, on that I agree with @logion . I like that beards now grow, if you want them to, you can toggle hair growth off. And there's body hair! There is also the ability to have your Sims shave, too. After having body hair in Sims3, it was very strange to go back to a hairless Sim in Sims4. LOL I have to admit, though, I left hair growth on and gave my female Sims hair on their arms and legs. However, I should have realized why her husband had the option to support her body hair. :open_mouth: Took me a moment to realize that her body hair matched her flaxen hair on her head. As such it's hard for me to notice when she needed to shave her legs. Oopsie. I took the gals back into CAS (fulleditmode) and unticked the hair growth and removed the hair from their legs. Sometimes, with the busy household I run, it's hard to remember to have them shave.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Thanks. At this point I have become very sceptical of sims 4 packs. I got cottage living on discount still I don’t think it is worth it! I got bored after 2 hours. By the sound of it high school year is going to be a similar experience.

I do like beard growth but I already have a mod for it :) I feel I get more fun out of mods these days. Perhaps I will wait for at least 50% off ….

• Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    I love this EP but its not because the high school... Once you get good grades you can start uni as a teen
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited December 2022
    I really like high school years for a few reasons.

- good CAS and build buy, some of the best
    - good ‘teen drama tv series’ feel to the world and school
    - good townies, Molly, Sidney and the principal are top quality premades.
    - great for screenshots, prom looks nice, cheerleading looks good, the amusement park in the world is cool visually etc.

But have to also say the gameplay gets repetitive very quickly, and there’s a lot of missed opportunities in the pack. The school that comes with the pack isn’t really anything special and a lot of the fun of this pack relies on you and your imagination. But I do really like it personally.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    It fleshes out teen life nicely, but the actual school game play and setting is a bit lacking.
    I had to use mods to make it a little more satisfying.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,878 Member
    For me, the most fun and interesting part is the sandbox nature of the school. Instead of sending teens to a rabbithole school for 7 hours, you're now only in class for 2 hours. You can spend the rest of the school day building relationships or doing absolutely whatever your imagination can come up with on the school property. Which you can modify to your liking. That, not the classes or after-school activities, has made high school a lot more fun for me now.