Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which is your favorite Sims 2 neighborhood or sub-neighborhood?

2...Next

Comments

• sonicgamersonicgamer Posts: 31 Member
    Pleasantview
    I love Pleasantview; despite the broken Maxis template with Brandi Broke being pregnant with her opposite gender clone; which is why I prefer clean templates that are available on the internet. With those, Skip is linked to his and Brandi's unborn third child; sometimes, it's still a boy; but, there's a chance that the baby will be born a girl.
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    any of the Downtown / University / Vacation districts
    I find myself playing colleges the most.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Desiderata Valley
    Honestly, I went almost straight into playing my own custom neighborhoods immediately, though I did play a bit of the storylines in each primary neighborhood. But the subhoods were always attached to my custom, so I got to know them well (clean templates, of course!) - though if I had to choose a primary, it would be Veronaville - Pleasantview was fun once, then got old lol. I love all the subhoods, honestly, but Freetime was my favorite.
  • IamJIamJ Posts: 44 Member
    your Custom Neighborhood
    I’ve played sims 2 since it first came in 2004, but I’ve basically never played with the pre-made neighborhood. I just always made my own 😁
  • mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    Belladonna Cove
    I love belladonna cove because it has a library
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,942 Member
    edited January 2023
    your Custom Neighborhood
    When I was a young Simmingal
    My sister took me into the city
    To see a mar-

*cough*

I think little Simmingal spent most of her time in Downtown and usually chose 35 King Street or 107 Custer Boulevard(unsure for they are so similar i probably mixed them up even as little Simmingal)

honestly big Simmingal has no idea why it was such desireable property but at that time it was so cool

if we were to consult big Simmingal I think maybe I would spend more time in Belladonna Cove, particularily in Bella's Belles Townhomes for they seem such lovely home to be

I would also love to stay in Riverblossom Hills with my plantsims since I miss them dearly

or maybe see what Bluewater Village and Desiderata Valley have to offer since I feel like I didn't explore those nearly enough

and ofcourse I do quite love the idea of exploring all the premade families in Strangetown and Pleasantview for once

aand maybe indeed my sims would take some vacations and go to university since i did enjoy that quite a bit in ts2

for some odd reason though Veronaville does not interest me much but I'm sure I'd find something of interest there too

and since after all this thinking I still can't decide I just decide to not decide and maybe I would create my own world mashup
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Neutral_Warlock16Neutral_Warlock16 Posts: 7 New Member
    Pleasantview
    Pleasantview, considering it has the most variety.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Pleasantview
    Of the Maxis neighborhoods, Pleasantview. I suspect this is because I couldn't play it at first: I had a potato computer when I first got TS2, and I didn't want to experience that neighborhood until I could play it properly, so I played Veronville instead. I didn't play Pleasantview for four years, and my affection for it is such that I remade Angela and Lilith for TS3, and the Pleasant family for TS4. I also have "TS2 Pleasantview" and "Pleasantview 25 Years Later" saves for TS4.

Also of note was my favorite custom hood, Queens Bluff, which I designed in SimCity 4 and then built from scratch. It was a post-peak oil society that grew into a place that had reached the technology of the 1840s, but with a lot of medieval social structures. Anyone who wanted to become a doctor of teacher became a monk/nun, for instance, and men had to max charisma and body and serve in the military to be Knighted if they wanted to go into politics. A lot of the buildings were inspired by antebellum architecture in the South.
  • Iguess66Iguess66 Posts: 115 Member
    Pleasantview
    Pleasantview mostly for it's size and of course lore. Veronaville aesthetically I really enjoy but it has almost no families living there and I really dislike decorating all the empty houses when I move sims in. Strangetown is great but I personally dislike aliens so it just isn't for me.