Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Santa is not welcome!

Every year it's the same. I don't like Santa to visit on Christmas Day! He always spoils my Sims' Christmas. He stays so long! :# My Sims fight him for presents (out of sheer frustration about his visit). Is there a way to get rid of him without using mods?

Comments

• BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    You could probably edit the holiday to remove him as a goal
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    You can edit any holiday to your liking, as well as deleting them or creating new ones. Simply go to the calendar, select the holiday and choose edit. Select the traditions you want. I have edited several holidays in my game as well as added a few new ones. For winterfest I replaced one of the traditions with baking because no Christmas without Christmas cookies for me.

Two things to remember :
    - you edit all future holidays of this type. So if you remove santa/father winter he will be gone in all future Christmases. You can always edit the holiday again and change back to the original traditions
    - holidays are saved per save file. A change will affect all households in that save. Should you start a new save file, you will have to edit the holidays again if you want a change.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,954 Member
    yeah tbh I find father winter to be little spooky when he visits uninvited :lol:

then again I am all for the horror winterfest so I don't mind :smirk:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • LiebeslottchenLiebeslottchen Posts: 69 Member
    edited December 2022
    Thank you both so much! I knew that I can delete holidays but I never thought of editing them. I know some Sims who are really looking forward to Christmas now! :)
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    ...For winterfest I replaced one of the traditions with baking because no Christmas without Christmas cookies for me.
    Great idea!
    Simmingal wrote: »
    yeah tbh I find father winter to be little spooky when he visits uninvited :lol:
    Same here :D
  • LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    you could try removing any chimney's, not sure if those being a requirement are for real or just a joke
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    edited December 2022
    I've had the habit of disabling his section of the tradition through the calendar, you can always substitue it with a Christmas party tradition instead, when mixed in with the gift giving/receiving you can get the same overall Holiday without a random old man bursting down your door at 11pm.

Best to delete him from manage worlds too after if you don't want him calling children he's already met previously on a Monday night asking if he should befriend someone's dead cat.
    L9q8VGi.png
    you could try removing any chimney's, not sure if those being a requirement are for real or just a joke

Funny that you say this. This year was the first time I actually saw that he vanishes through the fireplace. I didn't know before.
    Sorak4 wrote: »
    I've had the habit of disabling his section of the tradition through the calendar, you can always substitue it with a Christmas party tradition instead, when mixed in with the gift giving/receiving you can get the same overall Holiday without a random old man bursting down your door at 11pm.

Best to delete him from manage worlds too after if you don't want him calling children he's already met previously on a Monday night asking if he should befriend someone's dead cat.
    :D:D
    That is a good idea!
  • cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    How about adding Winterfest Eve holiday the day before? Have decorate and Father Winter on that holiday and keep the next day as Winterfest?
    Have just grand meal, holiday spirt and open presents for that day.
    You can check/uncheck got to work or school for either holiday.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @cornflake88 That is what I do too! It gives my sims time to really enjoy the holidays! I do the same with New Years, having New Years Eve for the partying, and New Years Day for the grand meal and sports on TV. I add other activities depending on my family I am playing.
    How about adding Winterfest Eve holiday the day before? Have decorate and Father Winter on that holiday and keep the next day as Winterfest?
    Have just grand meal, holiday spirt and open presents for that day.
    You can check/uncheck got to work or school for either holiday.
    @cornflake88 That is what I do too! It gives my sims time to really enjoy the holidays! I do the same with New Years, having New Years Eve for the partying, and New Years Day for the grand meal and sports on TV. I add other activities depending on my family I am playing.

Yes!! You guys have great ideas. When the Seasons Pack came out I learned all about using the calendar and then over the years ... forgot. I'm so glad I asked. :)
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Yep, I have edited out Father Winter and the Flower Bunny. For reasons stated above, Father Winter is a pest, staying way past his welcome.

Forget the Flower Bunny, throwing flowers everywhere. If they were good ones, tulips, lilies I wouldn't mind, but no, he just throws the cheap ones...mizer. :D

I have Christmas Festive Lights day, right before Christmas so I can leave the decorations up for longer than one sim day. I work way too hard, lol. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,547 Member
    I'm a two-day gal too! Winterfest needs a big celebration cos it's the best time of year. Everyone gets both days off school and work in my game.

Winterfest Eve: my sims clean their house, put the deccies up, watch a movie together and then Santa arrives in the evening.

Winterfest Day: everyone opens the presents from the gift pile, they sing songs around the tree and have their grand meal.
    @bshag4lv How/where do you see the flower bunny? What pack does he come with? I have all the expansions and have never seen him, nor trick or treaters. :/
  • EleriEleri Posts: 547 Member
    Trick or Treaters and Flower Bunny come with the Seasons pack, or at least used to. I've tried setting up a Halloween holiday with trick or treating but it appears to be glitched. I haven't tried an Easter/Spring holiday, so I don't know if the Flower Bunny still works.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,014 Member
    If you delete the Clement Frost Father Christmas, doesn't the game generate a new one? Just wondering.
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    edited December 2022
    lanlyn wrote: »
    If you delete the Clement Frost Father Christmas, doesn't the game generate a new one? Just wondering.

Only once the event rolls around again and he'd be set to spawn and visit I've noticed, like the Grim Reaper I've never had either appear in manage households after deleting the holiday tradition for Winter and using the Mortem mod for no more Reaper.
    L9q8VGi.png
    @Liebeslottchen sorry for asking a question in your thread. @Eleri thanks for letting me know it's more game glitches. :#
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    For winterfest I replaced one of the traditions with baking because no Christmas without Christmas cookies for me.

Oh, see, this is why I mostly left Winterfest as it is, but added a Winterfest Eve holiday for the night before, with baking, decorating, lighting candles, and attending a service. (I think maybe also, telling stories?). My sims bake some cookies, get them ready to put out for Santa the next day, decorate the tree and the house, and then head out for what I imagine is a midnight candlelight service.

Then Winterfest itself is for exchanging presents, having a grand holiday meal, and a visit from Santa.
    I really enjoy learning in what way you all edit Winterfest holiday and how your Sims are celebrating. It brings me in a christmassy mood. :)
    @Liebeslottchen sorry for asking a question in your thread.
    No no, unlike Santa you are welcome. :)
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    In most games I have Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and Boxing Day. I usually give them all 3 days off work and school. Here in the UK Christmas Eve is not a bank holiday if it falls on a weekday, so adults often have to work, though kids have the day off school.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    The Flower Bunny sometimes appear at your home if have it as part of the holiday. He doesn't always though, sometimes I find him in the park or walking around town.
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,014 Member
    Sorak4 wrote: »
    ...I've never had either appear in manage households after deleting the holiday tradition for Winter...
    @Sorak4 Good to know. Thanks 🙂

I don't mind Father Winter so much, but the Flower Bunny seems to stay a lot longer, and sometimes it's tricky to see the little flowers he throws. I like having my sims search for Easter eggs though.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Oh I definitely love Springfest, especially the Easter Egg Hunt. Did you know that you can hunt for egg in every single plant/flower/bush on the lot? I love this feature! I get many rare eggs that way, lol. I usually have egg hunt, attend ceremony, decorate and garden. No cheapskate Flower Bunny. >:)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.