Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    @haneul I love seeing your updates again!

@GalacticGal Erik is as awesome as ever! Does he usually keep a pocket knife on him? It was nice that he could open the envelope for his mom!

I’m curious about his family’s sixth sense. I’m wondering if there will be anything paranormal in the future. Dylan and Zeph are Elemental Spirits and Mermen. Although, in my new story, they might be less Elemental and more Mermadic.

Maybe a haunting? Still, a lot of cool updates!

Hoping Erik and Kayleigh are okay. Winter Colds aren’t fun.

@Brd709 I feel like I missed something. Is your sim self still traveling through time?

@mightysprite I hope Colette is okay.

@DaniRose2143 I’m loving the build updates!

I’m doing my best to catch up with everyone’s stories, so forgive me if I missed something.

There was another time when someone shouted out from the audience that they needed to have a pocket knife handy. That's when I decided Erik would have one this time. As for paranormal happenings, I saved that for the Star Trek Mini series in my Siggie. Brianna is the one with truly the high Esper Count. So high, it worried the Vulcans. So, it's not so much paranormal as it's an Intergalactic thing. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,081 Member
    edited December 2022
    @Brd709 I feel like I missed something. Is your sim self still traveling through time?

Do you mean the screenshots from 1980 and 1982 in the last post from me? They were just added for flashback purposes. I did try to write a Halloween story at Halloween where he was travelling through time but i ended up forgetting to complete it.

• Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    @GalacticGal Erik is as awesome as ever! Does he usually keep a pocket knife on him? It was nice that he could open the envelope for his mom!

I’m curious about his family’s sixth sense. I’m wondering if there will be anything paranormal in the future. Dylan and Zeph are Elemental Spirits and Mermen. Although, in my new story, they might be less Elemental and more Mermadic.

Maybe a haunting? Still, a lot of cool updates!

Hoping Erik and Kayleigh are okay. Winter Colds aren’t fun.

There was another time when someone shouted out from the audience that they needed to have a pocket knife handy. That's when I decided Erik would have one this time. As for paranormal happenings, I saved that for the Star Trek Mini series in my Siggie. Brianna is the one with truly the high Esper Count. So high, it worried the Vulcans. So, it's not so much paranormal as it's an Intergalactic thing. LOL

I see, or maybe not… I’m not the most familiar with Star Trek, sad but true.

Do you think you could explain what an Esper Count is? Could the Esper Count affect sensing spirits or mythical beings?
    Brd709 wrote: »

Do you mean the screenshots from 1980 and 1982 in the last post from me? They were just added for flashback purposes. I did try to write a Halloween story at Halloween where he was travelling through time but i ended up forgetting to complete it.

Oh, it’s the decades challenge? Or am I still missing something? Maybe a reboot? I’ll look for when things started. Maybe I’m missing an update.
  • _Gina_Gina Posts: 253 Member
    @GalacticGal Woop! At first it seemed weird to start reading a series in the middle but I did yours now and I'm glad! Even if I'm completely lost. XD Eric really is a charmer, seems like a super nice guy. :)
    _Gina wrote: »
    @GalacticGal Woop! At first it seemed weird to start reading a series in the middle but I did yours now and I'm glad! Even if I'm completely lost. XD Eric really is a charmer, seems like a super nice guy. :)

Thank you, so much. I'm rather fond of him myself. :) I would hate to have to send you back to the beginning of this save. I've had to restart this family so many times it hurts. But, if you wish to play catch-up, this Main Save RESET begins on page 1025, with a chapter entitled, "An Overwhelming Dream". It might be easier for you to at least read this one, to help answer some of your questions.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php

Oh, it’s the decades challenge? Or am I still missing something? Maybe a reboot? I’ll look for when things started. Maybe I’m missing an update.

The last update wasn't a new story, it's a continuation of my current save. I haven't been around for the last few weeks as i was on vacation.
    @Metior_Ice Esper count is essential a very high count of E.S.P. Esper meaning to practice psychic abilities. Brianna did this as a Toddler. Sometimes she went so far as to enter another being's thoughts. A major no-no among the Vulcan Culture. This is what alarmed her Vulcan Nanny, T'Pran. She had to be trained in the Vulcan Way, to contain her own abilities, so that she wouldn't commit such an infraction again. Ka'et K'lasa as the Vulcans call it. Quite frankly, she scared the wits out of the non-emotional Vulcans. They saw the emotionally-charged human as a loose cannon. She was taught to never enter another's mind without permission.

She also basically has a sense of what's to come. Erik does too, but not to the extend that Starfleet would need his help. Yeah, if there was a ghost around, she could likely sense that. But, she mostly tries to keep her mind in check. She never uses it to cheat in a game, for instance. I mean, if she wanted to, she could tell you just what cards you have in your hand. She might even get an inkling of which one you'll play next. But, that wouldn't be fair.
  • MikeymikedeluxeMikeymikedeluxe Posts: 43 Member
    @Mikeymikedeluxe Looking forward to more updates! I think I might have missed some things, but I’m enjoying the story so far.

Thank you. 🙂
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,832 Member
    @Metior_Ice Thank you. This one build has gone a bit crazy, but it is one of the only totally from scratch builds I've ever done. It is the one I'm most proud of. I now have three different versions of it. The no-cc original and the redecorated one for the new story. Then there's the newest version which includes a bunch of small changes for Under The Tartosan Sun.
    Thank you @Metior_Ice I do believe somebody shouted out at the prior Starlight Accolades Show when that host was having a dickens of a time getting the envelope open that she needed to keep a knife on hand. I think Erik decided to have one, just so the show wasn't impeded.

As for the family's psychic abilities, Esper means the practice of said abilities. Brianna's abilities are so strong, she scared the non-emotional Vulcans half out of their wits. It was easy for the Toddler to jump into the thoughts of another. A big-time no-no, as such an act was considered Ka'et K'lasa. It was advocated by the Vulcan High Council that the child be taught the Vulcan Way in order to help her contain her mind powers. If this couldn't be achieved, they would have to arrange a marriage with a Vulcan so that once Bonded via the Mind Meld, (essentially locking their minds together) he could bolster her ability to contain herself. Otherwise, she was a dangerous, loose cannon.
    @GalacticGal I love the StarTrek themes of your story. I’m not super familiar with everything that is StarTrek, but I have been able to see it in relation to the Vulcans at the very least.

I’m aware of the Vulcans mostly because of the old and new Spocks.

I’ll have to keep an eye out for more things that might be related to StarTrek. I might even watch a little more of the show just to better understand the themes and tropes.

The last update wasn't a new story, it's a continuation of my current save. I haven't been around for the last few weeks as i was on vacation.

@Brd709 Do you think you can provide a link to your last update before you went on vacation? I’m definitely feeling like there’s a disconnect for me. I’ve also been a little absent from the forums lately. The Holidays are taking over life right now. Lol. 😂
    @Metior_Ice Thank you. This one build has gone a bit crazy, but it is one of the only totally from scratch builds I've ever done. It is the one I'm most proud of. I now have three different versions of it. The no-cc original and the redecorated one for the new story. Then there's the newest version which includes a bunch of small changes for Under The Tartosan Sun.

@DaniRose2143 Thank you for including us in the development of your venue! I really love what you’ve done to develop it! ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

I look forward to seeing the venue in the Under the Tartosan Sun updates.

Will Lady Mimi be performing there too? Honestly, I’ve never had much interest in anything related to drag. Never seen much of anything about it to be honest. Even if I try to actively represent the community in my game, I’m no expert in anything LGBTQ either.

However, Lady Mimi seems like they will be quite the character! I truly look forward to their comedic routines!
    @Metior_Ice Thank you, that is so sweet! I love sharing my builds and renovations but at times I worry that I'm boring people to death with them.😊

Lady Mimi holds court at the Orchid Club and that venue is only in the new story, Schemes And Dreams. Mimi doesn't own the club in the strict sense of the word, but they 'own' the stage there. I'm planning to get started playing that save next week. If I'm lucky I can post new chapters of both stories each week. Realistically it's probably going to be alternating weeks. Writing and playing two detailed stories in one week will be a stretch and more so because they don't crossover. I thought about it at first but the tone of each one is very different from the other. Frankly I can't imagine Londyn, Danielle, and company getting mixed up in the middle of the underhanded shenanigans in Schemes. Not in my wildest dreams, they're simply not that type.

The holdup at this point is making certain characters like the premade celebs, Judith, Brytani, and the Bailey-Moon's different in each story. I don't think they've appeared or even been mentioned in Under The Tartosan Sun. I may delete them in that one, or drastically alter their looks and change their names. That way it eliminates confusion between the two stories. I'd rather have them appear as themselves in the new story and be someone else in Tartosan Sun. The big problem with that is I would have to reshoot the Starlight Accolades for the next chapter of Tartosan Sun. That would push the new chapter back a day or two possibly while I dive into CAS to alter looks, or I can try to pull an all-nighter.🤔

Under The Tartosan Sun is still my baby and I won't allow it to suffer, but I'm eager to see Schemes And Dreams flourish too. It's going to be a wonderfully chaotic time.
  • AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    Today in the Sims 4 on Xbox one I didn't play much, but I tried meditating in my house, and the guy who brings my produce decided he would stick around try to chat some as well as use my computer, so had to tell his to leave. Mostly I was in manage world editing things like the name of who lives in what lot and say something about them. I just recently added a bunch of new sims to my worlds using the gallery. I'm starting to make decent money after a rough start (I just started a new save game/family a week ago) I find that gardening is a great way to make money start by finding some snapdragons which isn't that hard, then work your way up to bonsai buds and then dragon fruit. and you'll have over a million dollars in not too long a time, build a greenhouse as well. What I learned in my first family was that I spent too much time in my huge mansion working in the garden with lots of plants, or spending time fixing the chickens and cow, trying to make money and keep things going. I discovered that I missed out on building relationships and experiencing new things the game has to offer.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member

During the sale I bought High School Years and regretted it almost immediately, largely because of the daily progress thing: my test sims received detention because they couldn’t make it into the principal’s office and talk to her and then get to class on time, and Angela Pleasant’s boyfriend Dustin Broke refused her invite (despite a full Romance bar) and then got hurt because she didn’t invite him. (She then showed up to prom with Juliette Capp, who said “Yes yes yes!” despite only being friends with a smidge of romance.). The prom is too short. I decided for my next test I’d only play one Sim in high school, and I might make a compact high school that’s more space-efficient and doesn’t require so much travel time.

BOlS6PU.jpg
    Sarah and her sister Margaret

I switched then to one of my regular saves, a sprawling version of the Pleasant family in which Angela and Lilith are senior citizens retired in the desert, their sister Rachel is running a family farm in Henford-on-Bagley, and their brother Jeff has inherited the family home and lives there with his wife and five kids. I mostly play with their two older daughters, Margaret and Rachel, as their brother and the kid twins aren’t interesting yet. Despite being a socially withdrawn artist, Margaret was elected prom queen (largely her sister Sarah’s doing), and was invited to graduate early. Since she’s a loner who hates crowds and wants to write piano music, she was happy to say yes to that. Her mom Roxanne, though, was worried about Margaret becoming a total recluse, so they went to the geek event downtown together. They both failed horribly at the gaming challenge, but Margaret won the karaoke contest and met a few interesting people. Margaret is planning on moving out once she sells her first piano composition and starts earning money. After a lifetime spent in a crowded house, she’s looking forward to solitude – though her little sister Sarah wants them to be roomies. (Sarah and Margaret are the closest of sisters, but polar opposites: Sarah is a queen bee who is constantly inviting her friends over, and Margaret would be happy living on the moon with no one else around.

GwVuzVX.jpg
    Sarah and her bestie Molly

Margaret, per her desires, has moved Away – to a little cabin at the base of Mt. Korembi. She's hoping to make a living just from her piano compositions, but we'll see how practical that is. I saw an Aspergers trait on TSR and I'm going to try it on her, as that's kind of how I was playing her.

Sarah, for her part, moved to Brichester with her best friend Molly, although Molly still has to finish her senior year at Copperdale. Sarah was a total overachiever in high school, becoming captain of the cheer squad and fulfilling the Goal-Driven aspiration as well as building sizable social media followings. That will only increase now, since she accepted a soccer scholarship to Brichester that will pay for her communications degree. She's only taking two classes a semester because she wants to enjoy the college experience. She's paying the bills with an active simtube presence and some painting sales, but Molly is also helping by writing childrens' novels. They're not terribly good, but whatever keeps the lights on.

• HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Brought Ryan and Katherine back a month ago and switched things up a little! They have a daughter and two sons. Hadley is the oldest, followed by Asher, and finally Ben. Hadley is weeks away from graduating high school and Asher just started high school. Ben is still a toddler.
    52567076373_910e30e5e8_h.jpg
    52567076513_e3345ac782_h.jpg
    52566996615_8b93330f4a_h.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    edited December 2022
    Tried to see if going’s to high school with a different household would cause the twins to show up at school with other merchildren. Apparently, it looks like every household attends the same high school separately.

I’m going to continue the experiment one more day.

I brought 7 merlings to High School. Maybe, when I send another household to high school, the chance of more merfolk showing up as students gets a bit better.

Edit: I think the max number of teens that can attend high school at the same time is 12.

I have more than 12 merlings (Young Merfolk, Merboys, and/or Mergirls). I don’t think it’s possible to have all my merfolk attend high school at the same time.

I don’t think I’m going to continue the experiment.

@Brd709 Do you think you can provide a link to your last update before you went on vacation? I’m definitely feeling like there’s a disconnect for me. I’ve also been a little absent from the forums lately. The Holidays are taking over life right now. Lol. 😂

Here is a link to the last update i posted. I finish 1991 here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18208605#Comment_18208605

@GalacticGal I love the StarTrek themes of your story. I’m not super familiar with everything that is StarTrek, but I have been able to see it in relation to the Vulcans at the very least.

I’m aware of the Vulcans mostly because of the old and new Spocks.

I’ll have to keep an eye out for more things that might be related to StarTrek. I might even watch a little more of the show just to better understand the themes and tropes.

Make sure you're watching the Original Star Trek, I would caution you. The later ones have made drastic changes to the Star Trek Canon and the character of Spock. You need the ones that star Shatner, Nimoy, Kelly, Doohan and Nichols.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited December 2022
    Hi @Metior_Ice , the game pulls randomly from the available pool of teens, whether played or unplayed.

I've done high school in 3 different saves so far. In the first two, the teen classmates stayed the same for a week Mon-Fri, then the game re-rolled and chose a new group the following Monday. Some were the same and some new ones. One of those saves was my big rotational San Myshuno game, and I saw two of my other San Myshuno sims there from a household I play, but wasn't playing at the time.

In the newest save, it worked that way while the first teen in the family was attending high school alone. The next week when her sister aged up to teen, I started sending them together. I noticed more changes in the classmate population from day to day. But that could also have been due to some NPC teens aging up and needing to be replaced. The first crop of Neighborhood Stories babies in that save is now teen to young adult age :)

Since you are on console and don't have access to mods, your best bet might be to age up most of the NPC teens in your game to young adult, so that the only remaining teens available to the game are the ones you want to have attending high school together.

Edit: Oh sorry, misread your last paragraph. Yes, there is a 12-sim limit on high school. Maybe it would still be fun to have 12 randomly chosen merchildren there together?
    Hi @Metior_Ice , the game pulls randomly from the available pool of teens, whether played or unplayed.

I've done high school in 3 different saves so far. In the first two, the teen classmates stayed the same for a week Mon-Fri, then the game re-rolled and chose a new group the following Monday. Some were the same and some new ones. One of those saves was my big rotational San Myshuno game, and I saw two of my other San Myshuno sims there from a household I play, but wasn't playing at the time.

In the newest save, it worked that way while the first teen in the family was attending high school alone. The next week when her sister aged up to teen, I started sending them together. I noticed more changes in the classmate population from day to day. But that could also have been due to some NPC teens aging up and needing to be replaced. The first crop of Neighborhood Stories babies in that save is now teen to young adult age :)

Since you are on console and don't have access to mods, your best bet might be to age up most of the NPC teens in your game to young adult, so that the only remaining teens available to the game are the ones you want to have attending high school together.

Edit: Oh sorry, misread your last paragraph. Yes, there is a 12-sim limit on high school. Maybe it would still be fun to have 12 randomly chosen merchildren there together?

Thank you so much for the info! I’m thinking of letting the game do whatever random stuff it’s going to do.

I’m trying to figure out what to expect so I can figure out how my next updates might play out.

When I sent my 7 merchildren to high school, the students that appeared with Dylan and Zeph didn’t change, but Dylan and Zeph’s teacher changed.

It’s not a bad thing though. I don’t think it would be normal for too many merfolk, especially the younger children, to show up in large numbers at high school, or most human venues…

I still feel very strongly about merfolk needing a place that isn’t easily accessible to humans… there really aren’t a lot of places where I would expect to see more merfolk.
  • LilNerdySimmersLilNerdySimmers Posts: 99 Member
    Rory and Caleb go to Sulani for vacation.
    PVPLQZA.jpg
    Rory posing at the beach at same day.
    hAivq4L.jpg
    This is the last face you want to see when you're out in public with your lover. That's a look that says somebody is about to get 'Crumplebottomed'. But there hasn't been a single PDA. What has Agnes so riled up?
    Nws9esV.png

Oh...Ok, I see now. Darian was blocking the dance floor and Agnes just wanted to bust a groove.😁 You go gurlll!
    dv6OPqC.png
  • GilshandrosGilshandros Posts: 19 Member
    Duodecima did so well at school she was offered early graduation! Now she's waiting on her university application with bated breath ,,,
    @DaniRose2143 "But there hasn't been a single PDA. What has Agnes so riled up?" Glad you figured it out. In Sims2, just seeing Sims in their bathing suits was enough to get her going. LOL

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top