Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA App Required Now?

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited December 2022
    I found out that its not pushing me to EA App yet thankfully so my Simsmas may yet be saved

(actually there isn't even banner telling me about the app change anymore so thats tad confusing too)

still find this odd timing for forcing such change on people though

would imagine people have other things to do than bug test new apps during holidays
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,262 EA Community Manager
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I found out that its not pushing me to EA App yet thankfully so my Simsmas may yet be saved

(actually there isn't even banner telling me about the app change anymore so thats tad confusing too)

still find this odd timing for forcing such change on people though

would imagine people have other things to do than bug test new apps during holidays

We are no longer migrating players at this time. You can launch Origin in online mode without being prompted to swap to the EA app until migrations recommence at a later date.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • AalyahReedAalyahReed Posts: 209 Member
    I have been reading about the EA App transition from Origin, and most of what I have read is not good at all. It seems like Simmers are having quite a few issues with it, so I'm very apprehensive to switch.
    As I was / am in the process of building a custom save file, I didn't update right away a few patches back, and it saved me from some of the worst game breaking bugs that were introduced between MWS, Werewolves, and HSY. And from what I've been reading, some of the bug fixes in patches & the SDX have worked for some, but not for others, and some have even introduced new bugs. So even though there are features & packs I would like to have, I'm cautious about updating just yet. So as of now, I'm at patch 1.87. I have automatic updates turned off in Origin for exactly this reason.
    Here's My Question: I am trying to determine if, other prevalent EA App issues aside, switching to the new app would automatically patch my game? From what I've read, if I switch over, the game will update automatically to the most recent patch, and it is only after that that I can turn off automatic updates again, like in Origin; is that correct? Or has anyone been able to switch over from Origin to the EA App, but was successful in preventing it from updating/patching?
  • mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 169 Member
    edited December 2022
    A few days ago I was forced to switch, and after I installed the EA App my game was still not patched (I was 2 Patches behind because I was to lazy to update my Mods). Everything worked fine ingame. I was surprised because I thought that the switch would automatically forcepatch my game. (My settings in origin were "No automatic updates)

But, the main page in the EA App told me that I need to download the basegame. So I wanted to check if it would get fixed if I patch my game, so I patched. It didn't fix the problem, but I think that it is just a visual glitch because ingame everything is fine.

So for me it was possible to change from Origin to EA App without being forced to patch. But I have no idea if it was just luck. All I did was click the switch-button on the banner in the Origin App.

I wish you all the best for your game. :)
    @mrs_starkey Thank you for replying! As I also have auto-updates shut off for both Origin & the game itself, I wonder if it would also carry settings over to the new EA App like it seems to have done for you, or if it was just a coincidence? Hopefully a few more people will comment & share their experiences, too, because I wonder if other people had the same experience as you, or if it automatically patched for them.

I have very minimal mods in to set up my Save File - MCCC & a few other small things, like lot traits. I planned on updating them, and adding a few extra when I was done my Save File, but I'm worried I might not get to do it that way if the App is forced. So I appreciate people like you sharing how the EA App transition went for them.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @EA_Cade

Thank you so much for passing along this information, it's a big help in easing my anxiety and the butterflies in my stomach every time I click on Origin. I've been dreading the conversion to the EA App after reading all the problems others have been having with it. Now I can relax and just concentrate on playing my game. Happy Holidays and Happy Simming everyone! <3
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,779 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @EA_Cade

Thank you so much for passing along this information, it's a big help in easing my anxiety and the butterflies in my stomach every time I click on Origin. I've been dreading the conversion to the EA App after reading all the problems others have been having with it. Now I can relax and just concentrate on playing my game. Happy Holidays and Happy Simming everyone! <3

I second this, very much <3
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,262 EA Community Manager
    No worries at all.

We are also currently looking for EA app error reports ID's for the issues players were seeing with Sims 2 Ultimate Collection showing as Double Deluxe or as a ZIP file instead of the normal game install.

Additionally, we are also seeking report ID's for players having issues with the Sims 3 store content not installing.

If you can provide these ID's (or any other issues) please report them on Answers HQ here so that hopefully we can get these errors corrected before migrations are resumed in the future.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    edited December 2022
    Thanks for that info, @EA_Cade ! I'm not afraid to move on, but it's been stressing me that there might be problems with my game/app when I'm in the middle of producing the weekly "The Bagged Talent" tv-show. It's rather time consuming, and only 3-4 days with no access to my game would crash the planned schedule. With voting by viewers it's rather damaging *not* following a schedule. Final show is planned for January 8th, so if the transfer is on hold until after New Year, I might lower my shoulders a bit :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,609 Member
    edited December 2022
    AalyahReed wrote: »
    I have been reading about the EA App transition from Origin, and most of what I have read is not good at all. It seems like Simmers are having quite a few issues with it, so I'm very apprehensive to switch.
    As I was / am in the process of building a custom save file, I didn't update right away a few patches back, and it saved me from some of the worst game breaking bugs that were introduced between MWS, Werewolves, and HSY. And from what I've been reading, some of the bug fixes in patches & the SDX have worked for some, but not for others, and some have even introduced new bugs. So even though there are features & packs I would like to have, I'm cautious about updating just yet. So as of now, I'm at patch 1.87. I have automatic updates turned off in Origin for exactly this reason.
    Here's My Question: I am trying to determine if, other prevalent EA App issues aside, switching to the new app would automatically patch my game? From what I've read, if I switch over, the game will update automatically to the most recent patch, and it is only after that that I can turn off automatic updates again, like in Origin; is that correct? Or has anyone been able to switch over from Origin to the EA App, but was successful in preventing it from updating/patching?

I was scared of that. After my EA App installed it didn't automatically update and I turned off automatic updates and went offline
    All went well on my main laptop, but it wouldn't recognise my account info on my second laptop so after an hour of trying to get it to open, and rebooting, I uninstalled it.
    MLgj4Vx.png
    @EA_Cade Thank you for clarifying that Sims 4 players are not being migrated to the EA App at this time. I'm glad the transfer is on hold for now so we don't have to troubleshoot during the holidays. Hopefully things will improve in the future so loyal players can have a smooth transition. I mostly play Sims 4 now, but I do have the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, and Sims 3 with some store worlds & content, and it would be devastating to migrate and find them gone or unable to be accessed.
  • mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 169 Member
    edited December 2022
    @EA_Cade Hello :) Thank you for your informations here on the forums.

I have a question. Like I said a few posts above, a week ago I was forced to switch to the EA App and now it is telling me that I don't own the base game and that I have to download it, although I can access the game with the EA App through the left small icon and everything is fine.
    I own almost every pack except paranormal and menswear, and all packs are there, except the basegame.

Here is a picture, it's in german, but instead of "play" it sais "download" (german "Herunterladen").

xkrxmfvf6hg4.jpg

I wonder if this is concerning or is it just a visual glitch?
    Now that players are not forced anymore to use the EA App, should I switch back to Origin because of the false basegame-Info?

I'm very confused about all this. :(

@AalyahReed You are welcome :)
    Post edited by mrs_starkey on
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,609 Member
    Doesn't look like theres any answeres or help coming through.
    I've now had the new app for three weeks now, and touch wood all's okay.
    Sometimes ts3 doesn't show up in My collection, but if I refresh the app it comes up again.
    Too late for me to go back to Origin, and I won't reinstall it on laptop 2 in case it messes up what I already have working in laptop one.
    Too hard basket.
    Not good, but at the end of the day, you'll all be transferred. Hopefully once all the bugs are fixed. But once they're fixed, you can bet your life there will be a new lot of problems.
    I mean, what are they fixing? Mine works, alot of orher peoples work,? Will fixing sonething mess it up for those already working? What happens when the new force migration happens.
    It's a nightmare!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • readypostreadypost Posts: 60 Member
    Since being forced to switch to the new EA App, my Sims 3 game is a major headache.I clear caches ,refresh and offer up prayers and I still dont have game working with all my store content or store worlds. I paid for these items and EA greedily took my money now refuses to let me have them. I have reinstalled ,cleared and cleaned and redownloaded just to find out I just wasted alot of time . Angry doesnt even begin to touch on how feel about EA right now.I see Sims 4 offered on sale and laugh.Same thing with the future Sims 5.EA has lost this fool with money to spend.I am looking into other games as dealing with the frustration of trying to get my Sims 3 working isnt worth it anymore .
    BTW, to those at EA thank your lucky stars you work where you do.If I consistently failed tasks and let down customers as horribly as you all do in the Real World I would have been fired long ago!!!
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    @readypost They have the app on pause so you can return to Origin via link given by @EA_Cade
    That way you play the old games again.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • readypostreadypost Posts: 60 Member
    @Bluegayle yeah tried to redownload Origin and after installing I got an error message that Origin cant find an internet connection to finish set-up so using Origin is not an option .Thank you trying to offer a solution tho.
  • MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 371 Member
    edited February 2023
    So the day finally came where I'm forced to switch to the app. I got the prompt and couldn't launch the Sims 3 so I had no choice but to download it. The less than stellar experiences from other players with the app in regards to the Sims 3 has me apprehensive in whether or not things will work.

Hopefully, all the issues have been ironed out by now.

Edit: Finished installing the app. All of my games are there and everything seems fine. I was able to launch the Sims 3 and everything is as it should be. Well, color me surprised because my laptop hasn't imploded from the app and everything actually works.
    Post edited by MantleJackal on
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Yes, I just finished downloading the EA app as I couldn't launch the Sims3 a few minutes ago. All my games are there and so is my store content on the sims3 launcher. :)
    :) Smile!

• ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    I just now had to download the new EA App. The Sims 4 is gone and I can't launch The Sims 3 or Plants vs. Zombies. I own most of The Sims 4 DLC and none of it showing up. I don't know what to do.
    @ClassicalSim: Did you try rebooting your computer?

Puddinroy wrote: »
    @ClassicalSim: Did you try rebooting your computer?

I just finished rebooting. The app won't even connect now.
    It's working now. I closed the EA app with task manager and reopened. Now all my games are showing up and I can launch The Sims 4. I guess rebooting after installing the app is key.
    Yay! Glad that helped @ClassicalSim

• PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    So forced over to the new EA app and of course I had to log in nd as always I forgot my password which is only required when they change sometimes a year or less!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top