Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which The Sims game did vacations the best?

2...Next

Comments

• Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    The Sims 3 World Adventures
    I used to have Sims vacation in 4, but it is waaaaay too boring. I absolutely hate the chatting bears, an overall lack of stuff to do... when I heard we were getting bears, I got excited until I realized they were phonies. I recall getting the deadly virus when I traveled to the vacation place with skeletons, and my Sim had little money. It was rough. I miss 3, where things were less random, and you had real dangers you could prepare for.
  • MeliathenaMeliathena Posts: 7 New Member
    Sims 3 World Adventures.
    It's one of my favorite packs. I enjoyed the adventures, and how they offered a welcome change from the rest of the game. Usually when I'm playing the Sims, I make time go faster. But, I remember that when I explored dungeons-like tombs in world adventures, I found the Sims days too short. I really took time to explore all the destinations and what they had to offer. When I was playing to the Sims 3, I made all my Sims go to vacations at least once. It's not the case anymore with the Sims 4.
    Yes, World Adventures didn't offer proper realistic vacations. But, I can go in realistic vacations in hotels in real life. World Adventures offered the dream adventures I can't live in real life, even if I wish I could!

I have to say that I loved owning an hotel too. It's one of the features I hope we'll still see in the Sims 4 (I also hope that if hotels are added they will be less buggy than restaurants).
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    The Sims 2 Bon Voyage
    I voted for Bon Voyage, because it really felt like a vacation. World Adventures was fine, although it was a bit too adventurous for me.
    As much as I like TS4 I absolutely hate the vacation system in this game, and think it's absolutely the worst.

What vacation system? Which probably proves your point. Unless the player is a camper Granite Falls is a bore. While I like Jungle Adventures it is by no means a vacation.
  • sunnycakessunnycakes Posts: 75 Member
    The Sims 4 Snowy Escape + Related Base Game Patch Allowing Vacations
    Why didnt you put Island Paradise and Island Living? Why is journey to batuu listed but not Island Paradise?
    Be yourself; life is not about pleasing others, it's about pleasing yourself. Don't try to please others if it makes you uncomfortable. If others judge you for who you are, ignore them. If what you do makes you happy, continue.
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited October 2022
    The Sims 2 Bon Voyage
    This is hard. World Adventures is my favourite EP for TS3, but it wasn't really a good "vacation" for my sims... it was an adventure/gameplay for a solo sim to complete.

TS2 Bon Voyage actually is the only pack besides TS1 that actually felt like a vacation... my legacy sims went to the locations for honeymoons or for getaways and there was no challenge looming there for me to feel like I needed to complete something outside of getting the vacation memories (which I prefer to the adventures). I'd be really keen if TS5 can have separate adventure worlds (like all of TS3 or TS4 jungle adventures) as well as just vacation spots with TS2 memory options (e.g., try three specific local dishes, go on a glass-bottom helicopter trip, etc)
  • CordeliaBeaufortCordeliaBeaufort Posts: 76 Member
    edited October 2022
    Definetelly World Adventures. Bon Voyage was good too, but I just like the quest system of RPG games that World Adventures offer. Solving puzzles yourself, as a player, was the strongest point of WA, especially for those who like to solve puzzles. Even dangers were more challenging. Didnt even mention joy of exploring lore of Sims universe history. Bon Voyage was good, World Adventures was a masterpiece.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    The Sims Vacation
    Definetelly World Adventures. Bon Voyage was good too, but I just like the quest system of RPG games that World Adventures offer. Solving puzzles yourself, as a player, was the strongest point of WA, especially for those who like to solve puzzles. Even dangers were more challenging. Didnt even mention joy of exploring lore of Sims universe history. Bon Voyage was good, World Adventures was a masterpiece.

LOVED the tombs and RPG elements in WA. I liked BV but thought it was too intrusive with my rotational gameplay. It made each week with a family during their rotation take too long.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 858 Member
    The Sims 2 Bon Voyage
    It was tough for me to choose between TS2 & TS3 but chose 2 because while World Adventures is so fun and I really like the tomb challenges and everything, Bon Voyage actually feels like a vacation while WA is more excursion-based. But I really do love WA and have yet to complete all of the Tomb excursions or buy a vacay home in one of the worlds.
  • Sarah26CatSarah26Cat Posts: 169 Member
    The Sims Vacation
    I voted for Sims 1 because, while the game was lacking many things, Vacations felt like Vacations.

Now, I didn't play TS2 much, and don't remember its vacations.

Sims 3 had more stuff to do. I liked the real adventures, but it didn't really feel like an adventure to me. You could build and own resorts, but unless you got certain mods, you could only travel to and stay in a Hotel in your own world. The destinations had lots you could buy, but not the same thing.

Sims 4 has several smaller packs for vacation like things. On the one hand I can appreciate it if the stuff is better than if they tried to put it all into a big pack. Outdoor Retreat would be my favorite for it has tents and camping. Definitely feels like a vacation. Plus a lot of its contents are useful to my Rags to Riches and Challenge Based play style.

And I do like how Sims can travel between worlds in TS4, so if they added a runnable Hotel type lot, it would be perfect to use.
    TS 5 community take notes, this would combine well with Open Worlds, where to avoid a loading screen, players choose to rent a room for a night to stay in a community. As we play Sims 4 now, there are loading screens no matter what, so it's almost no deal, going home or down the road a little bit.
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Since Island Paradise is missing, I chose Snowy Escape. But if Island Living also had water sports, water crafts and resorts, then vacations would be best in TS4 as we would have a hot destination, a cold destination, a jungle, a woodland world, and Batuu.
  • MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    The Sims 2 Bon Voyage
    I think I have to go with Bon Voyage. I had fun having my SIMS chill. I don't feel like the WA worlds are a place to "family time". I instead send them to Island Paradiso or Hidden Springs as a family vacation.
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    The Sims 2 Bon Voyage
    Sims2 for sure. A vacation there, FELT like a vacation. The hotels worked, the npc clerks and attendants did their jobs well and the surroundings and scenery, activities like hula class, sunning on the beach, having room service, all felt like the kind of relaxing, hassle-free vacation I wish I could take.

Sure the graphics weren't as good as in sims3, but they were close enough, and the real feel of social interactions qnd activities more than made up for it. Sims3 is great but the sims by comparison are more puppetlike. Then there is sims4 where they really are just hand puppets.

Sims2 vacations made me feel like I had actually had one myself and enjoyed it.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • cholesterolcholesterol Posts: 21 Member
    TS3 World Adventures is my favorite pack of all times. I don’t associate vacation with this pack though. When I think vacation I think all inclusive hotels, pools, cocktails, cabana boys… and not fighting mummies in pyramids. I would love to see a World Adventures and a Bon Voyage pack in TS5. I don‘t think it would be redundant. They‘re so different.
  • fluttereyesfluttereyes Posts: 2,337 Member
    The best is Sims 3. I say this due to the ability to build worlds and use NRAAS Traveller by Twallan to visit any of these worlds. I enjoy world building and have several worlds set up as vacation worlds. Without mods only Sims 2 had true vacation style, Sims 4 has been a bust all round for me and Snowy Escape was so promising but the last EP I bought for that game, that ended it for me. I do miss the Bon Voyage style of vacation play, I'd be over the moon if we had that, with the ability to build worlds and NRAAS Traveller, lol.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    I always used WA for Honeymoons! I played my Erik Cantrell, (who first became a Superstar in Sims 3) and he and his bride (sorry, not Kayleigh at that time) got stuck there. Every time I tried to bring them home, the game would crash. I finally took my woes to the forums. Twallen, himself, answered my thread. For those of you unfamiliar, he was the King of Mods for Sims3. I had never used mods before. (This was the girl who was scared to death of Boolprop, mind you.) But, after reading up on his Traveler's Mod and how to install it, I got my Rock Star back! Phew. I ended up using about 20+ of his great mods. He's the one who started NRaas, Industries. (He retired and others took over that site and his mods to keep them maintained.) I needed many of those mods just to stabilize the game. I don't like having to choose which packs to leave out. It's not my fault EA packed too much into what has to be a very unstable platform to begin with. I have a love/hate relationship with Sims3, you may have noticed. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • hellohannah2hellohannah2 Posts: 839 Member
    World Adventures is one of my favorite expansion packs ever - there's just so much you can do, and it takes forever to complete all of it. The complexity of those tombs! The artifacts! the markets, the mummies, it's really really fun to play, and it makes me a bit disappointed by the holiday packs in TS4 - they just don't live up.
    s54gWQ5.png
  • mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    i like the sims 4 snowy escape because you can do lots of things in the snow in there