Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 and the new EA Desktop app..

2...Next

Comments

• BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    mw1525 wrote: »
    @GraceyManor - Sorry you had trouble getting your purchases to download. Glad you finally got things working. If you haven't done so already, now might be a good time to back-up all of your purchases, this way you can avoid any future issues with the store.

I do have a back up but those didn't work either :(

I now have a love/hate relationship with my sims3 store content. I have managed to download it all, some from a back up disc and some from the website. However in order for it to show up in my game I usually have to restart the game at least once sometimes more. When I downloaded from my purchase history/store I did notice at times I had to double click the item/set/world in order for it to show up on launcher. Also had better luck having game open then open launcher and website then download. Items would then install. To be honest its a real pain and takes away the fun most times. It has to be the launcher as I run sims4 and 2 from the app with no problem.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    her :([/quote]
    Well that just sucks![/quote]

The backups are saying I need to update my game.
    The game is on 1.67 because its steam.

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    @GraceyManor - Sorry you had trouble getting your purchases to download. Glad you finally got things working. If you haven't done so already, now might be a good time to back-up all of your purchases, this way you can avoid any future issues with the store.

I now have a love/hate relationship with my sims3 store content. I have managed to download it all, some from a back up disc and some from the website. However in order for it to show up in my game I usually have to restart the game at least once sometimes more. When I downloaded from my purchase history/store I did notice at times I had to double click the item/set/world in order for it to show up on launcher. Also had better luck having game open then open launcher and website then download. Items would then install. To be honest its a real pain and takes away the fun most times. It has to be the launcher as I run sims4 and 2 from the app with no problem.

The Launcher was designed to use Internet Explorer and that has now been retired. I think the functionality of IE is now in some other browser, possibly Chrome but I'm not sure. This is possibly what is causing all the issues with the Launcher lately.
    edited November 2022
    Karritz wrote: »

The Launcher was designed to use Internet Explorer and that has now been retired. I think the functionality of IE is now in some other browser, possibly Chrome but I'm not sure. This is possibly what is causing all the issues with the Launcher lately.

I can actually use IE via Edge now for sims 3 site but things still keep disappearing but I agree its the launcher.
    Now my launcher has a blank welcome screen one moment then a message its under maintenance another. LOL At least I can keep going to Appaloosa to play my game. just sometimes store content loads sometimes not.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    edited December 2022
    Somehow this got into the wrong thread. So I am moving it to where it belongs. Happy Simming.
    edited December 2022
    I finally got it all downloaded(most of it) and I backed up my steam copy of the store items.
    Edit: Dang wrong thread LOL
    Post edited by GraceyManor on
  • RsandaRsanda Posts: 257 Member
    edited December 2022
    FYI, TS3 Launcher still uses IE. Even if IE is not available for standard use, it is still there so that applications that used it as a dependency can still use it in the future. Even in Win11, TS3 still uses IE, even if you cannot use it.

However, there's an option to specifically "Clear browsing data for Internet Explorer" in Edge settings. You can still use that to clear IE related browser data.
    Not a native English speaker. Sorry for any mistakes
    Rsanda wrote: »
    FYI, TS3 Launcher still uses IE. Even if IE is not available for standard use, it is still there so that applications that used it as a dependency can still use it in the future. Even in Win11, TS3 still uses IE, even if you cannot use it.

However, there's an option to specifically "Clear browsing data for Internet Explorer" in Edge settings. You can still use that to clear IE related browser data.

I've tried that too. The website doesn't seem to like IE anymore. LOL Now my launcher has a blank welcome screen. @GraceyManor please post if your store content stays installed after you leave your game. I'm back to store worlds but now won't let me download the rest of my purchases as my launcher is refusing my login. And only my launcher when trying to download. The rest of the time shows me logged in. Seems like a lot of old problems from the past have returned to the launcher with a vengeance. I've tried the usual fixes for that but who knows maybe they are actually working in it.
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    Rsanda wrote: »

I've tried that too. The website doesn't seem to like IE anymore. LOL Now my launcher has a blank welcome screen. @GraceyManor please post if your store content stays installed after you leave your game. I'm back to store worlds but now won't let me download the rest of my purchases as my launcher is refusing my login. And only my launcher when trying to download. The rest of the time shows me logged in. Seems like a lot of old problems from the past have returned to the launcher with a vengeance. I've tried the usual fixes for that but who knows maybe they are actually working in it.

It seems to be staying installed.
    I know I keep getting OOPS when I visit the store as well.
    Dang I made that comment about downloads on the wrong thread XD
  • EthropturEthroptur Posts: 53 Member
    Whilst I have been able to play the game via the EA Desktop App, for some reason my store content is absent. I've attempted reinstalling all the store content, but to no avail. Anybody know of a suitable fix?
  • GoddessBylineGoddessByline Posts: 281 Member
    Ethroptur wrote: »
    Whilst I have been able to play the game via the EA Desktop App, for some reason my store content is absent. I've attempted reinstalling all the store content, but to no avail. Anybody know of a suitable fix?

Reinstall Origin.
    I don't use CC so if you see something in a screenshot of mine, it's from the game.
    EA Account (Gallery) ID: BylineBelife