The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA App Required Now?

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,465 Member
    edited December 2022
    @February11 This could be why for a time I could access my game just fine using the App, but now, I cannot. They may be checking the capacity of their servers? Who knows. I will stick with Origin, for now.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited December 2022
    "EA app don't support a Wishlist system."

:#

No cart, no wishlist, no review, ... It seems EA is slowly shutting down the store.

It's an invitation to move to Steam
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    I switched over to the EA App in October and it has worked fine for me playing The Sims 4 in offline mode, I didn't need to update the game when I switched from Origin.

I was hesitant at first too, I generally don't like to change programs... but I got used to it after a month. The design is good, it's darker, more modern and it has a good integration with EA games you might play on xbox gamepass for PC or steam.

I can't speak for how well The Sims 3 will work, it doesn't run on my computer, EA have not patched it for intel 12thgen cpu's (Alder Lake), and I don't want to use unofficial patches.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I switched in October as well and have had no issues other than the lack of a cart. So when I went to purchase the two new kits I had to do them one at a time which tripped the fraud alert at my bank so I had do the automated call thing so they didnā€™t freeze my account. It happens every time I purchase multiple dlc in separate purchases within a short time period which is why I appreciate a cart system. Otherwise itā€™s all good on my end. šŸ‘šŸ»
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Anyone else suddenly getting a 500 error? 'Server encountered a mysterious problem'? My game was freezing for 5-10 seconds a time, randomly, before but I could at least open the game. Assuming this is a temporary issue?
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• February11February11 Posts: 12,641 Member
    edited December 2022
    Anyone else suddenly getting a 500 error? 'Server encountered a mysterious problem'? My game was freezing for 5-10 seconds a time, randomly, before but I could at least open the game. Assuming this is a temporary issue?

I've not seen that, but I Googled it in case it's something new to deal with, but it looks like it's been around for sometime
    - as far back as 2014.
    There's always something to worry about :|
    Post edited by February11 on
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,816 Member
    Had to reinstall Origin.

I was trying to download a lot from the Gallery and it said I was missing content from Pastel Pop. Checked the EA App and discovered it wasn't installed and wouldn't install. Searched AHQ and others were having the same problem with Pastel Pop and Everyday Clutter. Solution was to reinstall Origin. Reinstalled Origin and was able to download Pastel Pop.

Now to uninstall Origin and reinstall the EA App.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member
    I'm still on Origin. I'll only move when/if I have to. When they switched from the EA Downloader to Origin, I lost a bunch of packs and had to deal with customer service for a long time trying to fix it, only to discover some packs were no longer supported. I didn't get them back until they released Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. (They did give me a free Sims 3 pack as a way of reimbursing me). I also lost all the stuff I'd purchased in the Sims 2 store and didn't get that back until years later.

As an aside, does anyone else find it humorous that they had an "EA" app, went to Origin, and are now going back to an "EA" app?

Are you saying the Sims 2 Ultimate Edition is no longer supported on the EA App? I downloaded that years ago.
    Had to reinstall Origin.

I was trying to download a lot from the Gallery and it said I was missing content from Pastel Pop. Checked the EA App and discovered it wasn't installed and wouldn't install. Searched AHQ and others were having the same problem with Pastel Pop and Everyday Clutter. Solution was to reinstall Origin. Reinstalled Origin and was able to download Pastel Pop.

What a palaver! At least you were able to!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    Yeah, it's no problem if all you play is sims4 but for the rest of us, having our sims3 imperiled by the new ea app, is the problem.

Imagine if you couldn't access a bunch of your sims4 stuff, because of the new app you had no choice but to use? You'd be upset.

That happened to me years ago with origin not letting me play with all the packs and yeah I was upset. Then I solved it by re-purchasing the game on steam. I can't play with my store content without re-buying it but I can play with all the packs. Origin never acknowledged my computer could easily run the sims 3 with all packs. Steam is the best game launcher for games. I told one of my steam friends the sims 4 base game is free, they're not interested because of the origin/ EA launcher, they'll only use steam.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited December 2022
    Had to reinstall Origin.

Funny part is Origin said these kits require EA App to be installed when I purchased them.

If someone need the full installation file of Origin (228 MB), it's here
    https://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe
  • Emug18Emug18 Posts: 66 Member
    So I have a question. I have been playing sims for years now and I want to know is it possible to play the sims without using EA or Origin as a platform to play on? I'd like to be able to play offline without having to sign in to any platforms or having to wait to play because of patches and updates. Because after I bought sims 4 I realized I can't play unless sims gameplay platforms are functioning properly. So it's like I bought the game and never left the store. And I cant seem to play it on my own. I always need a gaming platform to play it on. I'd like to play on my own without using any of EA's platforms. Is that possible? Actually the games I had already bought online I went and bought the actual disc and yet I still need EA platform to play it on. It wasn't always like this and I would like to go back to playing my game without EA or any of its affiliates trying to control my game. Can someone help me with this? -
  • Emug18Emug18 Posts: 66 Member
    Since needing all these online platforms to play sims on, I'm beginning to feel like a SIM. Honest to God. Here I am thinking I'm playing sims, not knowing I've become one. Actually we have all become sims and EA is playing us all. LOL
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,307 EA Community Manager
    Had to reinstall Origin.

Were you in offline mode by chance? Do you have the CAS demo installed?
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,816 Member
    @EA_Cade I don't think I was in offline mode. When I opened the Gallery I got that little message asking me to connect. Then the message that an item was removed because Pastel Pop wasn't installed.

So I first uninstalled and reinstalled the EA App. Had the option to download Pastel Pop in the download manager but nothing happened when I clicked to download.

I don't have the CAS demo installed.
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,307 EA Community Manager
    Thanks! I'll shoot this up to the team.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,937 Member
    edited December 2022
    Urgh. I haven't been in game for a whole month or so and this really doesn't make me want to start up origin and deal with the whole mess

way to ruin Simsmas
    now I am just worried that there will be games missing and errors to discover

also i already accidentally have two origin accounts since ts4 released where i have all the sims 3 stuff on another account (well minus dragon valley cause even origin did not accept my disc code) so that makes things double confusing
    ā­ļø AHQ Champion šŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate šŸ‰ Team Dragons
    šŸ” Gallery šŸ“– Stories šŸŒ World Project šŸ„” MOD/CC Free
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,414 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: Ā»

Hey all,

We've been in the process of migrating users in waves from Origin to the new EA app on Windows since mid October. You'll eventually see a message like the one above pop up when launching Origin now that the EA app is no longer in Beta.

You can read more about the new EA app on EA.com here, and if you run into any issues or if you have feedback to share please do let us know here so we can take a look and let the right teams know.

I tried to make a bug report about sims medieval no longer being available in Dutch but only in English. the site wouldn't let me. Every time I tried to hit the button to submit my post, nothing happened. Does anyone else have this issue? Do I need to use a specific browser perhaps? I was able to make a post in the feedback section but not a bug report.
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    Iā€™m still on origin, but I have a question for those who switched to the ea app. Does it transfer your playtime from origin? Like if origin shows 2000 hours in the sims 4, will the ea app also show this?
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member
    Iā€™m still on origin, but I have a question for those who switched to the ea app. Does it transfer your playtime from origin? Like if origin shows 2000 hours in the sims 4, will the ea app also show this?

@SeashoreLivia, I've just got a new PC and had to install the EA app and my play time that I had on Origin is still there. My play time is 1306 hrs and 46 mins.
    edited December 2022
    Not such good luck on my second laptop. Once EA App installed, it pops up with "we couldn't find your account info, close the app and try again" and it keeps doing the same thing. :|

ETA: I finally gave up and uninstalled it. I don't need to play on that laptop as it's a back-up in case something goes wrong with my main laptop. And if that happens, I buy a new one. The other one is win 8.1 and is slowing down and doesn't like over exerting itself any more.
    Post edited by February11 on
    MLgj4Vx.png
    edited December 2022
    Just thinking; I should be able to have the EA App on 2 computers shouldn't I? I could with Origin.
    Could I install Steam, and how would that go with transferring save files from laptop to laptop with one being EA and the other steam? Would it work?
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member

So, what I feared did happen. My computer did a Windows update apparently and closed my Origin. When I tried to open it today, nothing would work. Got the EA app and of course it updated my Sims 4 which I did not want so now I have those buggy wants/fears and other bugs - lovely. It also will not download the Desert Lux kit that they gave away for free - click download on it and nothing happens.

Sims 2 is a huge mess - it shows Double Deluxe version, then when tried to download it - get a zip file and it tries to install the store edition which just fails anyway. Was really annoyed that I seemed to have completely lost my Sims 2 game, but then I tried to run it using the Sims 2 desktop shortcut and it was fine. Can't quite wrap my head around the Sims 2 mess though - very strange.

Sims 3 - as others have reported - the store content is all missing and I have a lot of it so really annoyed about that too.

Have many other games that I had on Origin too, like all the Dragon Age games, that I have not even tried to mess with yet - just hoping they work.

Really not happy about the change over at all as it seems we are losing a lot of gaming that we paid for and/or having to spend a lot of time trying to search for answers to make things work and trying to fix to get our games working again. I don't know why they did away with Origin - everything of mine was fine there.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,592 Member
    Urgh. I haven't been in game for a whole month or so and this really doesn't make me want to start up origin and deal with the whole mess

way to ruin Simsmas
    now I am just worried that there will be games missing and errors to discover

also i already accidentally have two origin accounts since ts4 released where i have all the sims 3 stuff on another account (well minus dragon valley cause even origin did not accept my disc code) so that makes things double confusing

Have you tried logging into Origin while offline/disconnected from the internet?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top