Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some trivial things that annoy you?

1454647484951...Next

Comments

• lebgirl_18lebgirl_18 Posts: 142 Member
    For vampires, why is asking a sim to drink from their plasma even an option? Vampires are meant to be vicious. They don’t need permission for that!
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Game, y u no use homeless townies in the Other Households tab instead of using sims in the My Households tab for NPCs?
    This is starting to get on my nerves :(
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • willprotwillprot Posts: 18 Member
    •not having options to make Sims respect other Sims property/rooms/bathrooms (get off my game station!)
    •not having more control over Sims features, like height or different body types
    •not being able to resize windows and doors
    •not being able to place windows in certain spots like on roof eaves or stairs
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Honestly, what is it with the new "teen wave"? I've never seen a teenager wave that way. Also, they usually smack their hands into someone elses face.
  • MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    Toddlers wearing shoes in the bath, even with mods removed.
  • VaniliciousVanilicious Posts: 98 Member
    ok....

NPC's xD
    NPC's clothing xD
    That NPC's that you do not know get into my chat (i kick them out with the mod remove sims from conversations)
    The horrendous NPCs that the game spawns. (luckily now i have the mod for this)
    Sims doing gym anywhere. (I hate this and unfortunately I can't find a mod that disables it)
    Sims doing a lot of stupid things like scrubbing the street floor, showering in the rain (who does something like that?) Sims yelling at pets (like, scuse me?), Sims who are soul mates cheating on a horrendous random they never saw in their life
    My sim drinking in the kitchen where he has a dishwasher and a sink and he goes to the bathroom that is on the 2nd floor to wash it and all those little things that I don't see now thanks to the 500 mod that I have to use

and now, the increase of fury that there is in the game... I don't know what happens, all the npc are angrier.
    The so-called "neighborhood stories"
    That they no longer invite parties or almost anything. (That instead of putting it customizable they cancel it )
    Have updated to the latest version...

Well I'm going to stop, because if not, I wouldn't finish anymore.. T_T
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Social Bunny plain sucks. I wanted to use it but several things kept me from doing it and becoming a regular feature.
    • I've read horror stories of Sims constantly receiving mean texts from literally anyone, which includes best friends, parents, siblings, even themselves, and not only will this cause a taxing relationship loss but a negative moodlet as well. This is simply not something I can put up with.
    • There's a limit of how many Sims you can add on Social Bunny and you will hit that limit very very quickly.
    • You have to have some sort of positive relationship with a Sim before you can even add them on Social Bunny, which is extremely perplexing and sorta defeats the point of it being an online service. On Twitter, the vast majority of people who follow me and who I follow I never personally interacted with once. Besides, you can't even send mean messages to your enemies because you can't even add them!
    • There is so little events you can actually message about. I don't think you can talk about your promotion, paying bills, or marriage but your 35 year old Sim can post about pillow fights, cafeteria food, and prom.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    edited September 2022
    This.
    no way to use these dormers without them cutting inside the house has me so annoyed
    b645wgV.png
    also this it was completely fine when i built it but when they added round walls even all the old builds round things broke
    asIVjul.png
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Ray_Trace wrote: »
    Social Bunny plain sucks. I wanted to use it but several things kept me from doing it and becoming a regular feature.
    • I've read horror stories of Sims constantly receiving mean texts from literally anyone, which includes best friends, parents, siblings, even themselves, and not only will this cause a taxing relationship loss but a negative moodlet as well. This is simply not something I can put up with.
    • There's a limit of how many Sims you can add on Social Bunny and you will hit that limit very very quickly.
    • You have to have some sort of positive relationship with a Sim before you can even add them on Social Bunny, which is extremely perplexing and sorta defeats the point of it being an online service. On Twitter, the vast majority of people who follow me and who I follow I never personally interacted with once. Besides, you can't even send mean messages to your enemies because you can't even add them!
    • There is so little events you can actually message about. I don't think you can talk about your promotion, paying bills, or marriage but your 35 year old Sim can post about pillow fights, cafeteria food, and prom.

This is why I disable Social Bunny on every sim I play, new and old. First thing I do.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Social bunny is a nice idea but literally after a while it just turns into a bunch of pillow fight comments, and every sim you ever met one time saying hi bestie or something.

It’s a huge problem with sims 4, everything is so shallow. They had all the groundwork for an interesting system but it literally is just a lot of messages about pillow fights, the same exact wording from about 5 different sims.
  • yogurrt_toobyogurrt_toob Posts: 51 Member
    I would honestly love to visit a community garden and not have to wait 3 days in a tent to harvest fruits and vegetables........ I love using fresh ingredients, playing around with juice fizzing, flower arranging, etc but it always requires me to have my own garden with everything and there is just too much to plant now especially with the splicing system how it is...
    It's useless to have these things be so difficult when the amount of bugs in the game causes us to continually make new saves and lose out collections anyways... Blehh it's annoying.
    > @lebgirl_18 said:
    > For vampires, why is asking a sim to drink from their plasma even an option? Vampires are meant to be vicious. They don’t need permission for that!

The game is for all > @CrazyFrog said:
    > Oh then i dont get it, im sorry .... But the wants and fears, also can be turned off btw.... and i turned off lifestyles too, it kinda narrows the possibilitites too much for me and theres not enough of them ! Well glhf :wink:

The Wants and Fears option in settings is bugged. Everytime I start up my game they have them despite it being disabled. It's basically a dice roll everytime I go to a different lot as to whether they are disabled or not.
    > @Wholesome_Goth said:
    > Maybe not that trivial since it can effect a sims day, but it greatly annoys me that a sim can get the sad buff from "witnessing a death" even though that sim was a complete stranger. It should maybe be a different kind of buff for witnessing a random sims death. Or no buff at all would be lovely.

I've learned that the wellness skill is essential now, all my sims get into meditation, fishing and reading if they aren't witches (potion of emotional stability) because of annoyances like this--but specifically the fear of unfulfilled dreams because the option doesn't stay disabled in settings. It's pretty bad that I lose out on a lot of the functions to stabilize the game first of all but I'm also restricted to what types of sims I can play too.
    Woohoo partners still get jealous, it's a good idea for poly relationships but no different than having a bf or gf honestly. I don't imagine it would've been that hard to attach the effect of the "player" trait.

Also sentiments, I meet a new Sim and they act like we've been besties forever.

I could just go on and on, but hopefully the Sims team spends some time optimizing what we have instead of adding more pointless features that are also bugged like curved walls. That one was free too so can't even argue it's a money thing lol, like what. 😂
    Overall I am enjoying the game, but I can't imagine spending anymore money on new content without reassurance that what I paid for will actually work.

I'd rather they just stick with clothing and furniture packs, adding textures to base game stuff, etc while optimizing the old for a while.
    One more thing actually.. When building homes I spend so long trying to match door and window frame color textures. Maybe I am just incredibly picky but there's a lot that I just wish had lighter or darker wood tones. Like some really nice windows don't even have brown textures to match some of the door frames.
  • CordeliaBeaufortCordeliaBeaufort Posts: 76 Member
    edited October 2022
    Sims's constant urge to play computer games with full fun bar, even though they are supposed to be ancient vampires who doesnt even supposed to know what "computer" is according to my storyline.

Note: I specially disliked gaming from activities section but they still do that
  • CrazyCatGal28CrazyCatGal28 Posts: 21 New Member
    NPCs or sims I’ve moved out never progressing their lives. Aside from occasional kids, who most of the time don’t have another parent, they never do anything. They don’t continue with their aspirations, they don’t get married, they don’t get promoted in existing jobs. It’s so frustrating to bump into them later, and they’re still level one in their career, not in a relationship, but have randomly adopted a toddler….
    Not sure if neighborhood stories is just broken, or only does a couple of things, even when I have everything selected.
  • HyawehHyaweh Posts: 36 Member
    That if I run into a teenager, I'm unable to say it's a teenager.
    Please make them shorter than Young adults.
    Sorry for my English, I'm French.
  • CrazyCatGal28CrazyCatGal28 Posts: 21 New Member
    I miss the colour wheel in CAS. I loved the ability to choose any colour or pattern for whichever clothes I wanted to use. I hate how we’re limited to only certain colours for each item of clothing. I also miss the ability to give my sims highlights and lowlights in their hair. Colour wheel was also fun for things like eye colour. Once did a legacy challenge where the heir had to have the original mom’s purple eyes.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited December 2022
    If you follow a sim to high school or work while the other sims in the household are eating breakfast then their plates with food will still be on the table when you get back in the afternoon so you have to clean it up.
  • EleriEleri Posts: 545 Member
    ok....
    That they no longer invite parties or almost anything. (That instead of putting it customizable they cancel it )

I miss that feature so much! Yes, I admit, I told who ever it was to leave me alone most of the time, but I like to have the option. It's fun to go to a secret party every once in a while. Not to mention, losing that messed up Gen 9 of the Not So Berry Challenge.
    Ray_Trace wrote: »
    Don't have HSY, but that sounds super annoying. I feel like random, unprovoked mean texts should only come from someone with a mean or evil personality.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    1. How glitchy curved walls are since upon their patch into the game.
    2. How there are barely any windows that can be placed onto said curved walls. What is the point then.
    3. The lack of depth in many of the animations in this game.
    4. The lack of animations for kids, and how they did not get included in pillow fights that come with HSY.
    5. The unfulfilled dreams moodlet that sims constantly get, even if they get a job promotion.
    6. Lack of relationship depth or automated animations imbedded into actions, such as no cuddling when sleeping with partner, etc.
    7. Just the overall glitches and bugs that can really take you out of the immersion of the gameplay.
    8. How EPs seems to come with more B/B items now than actual expansive gameplay
  • SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    Books. I say this as a book lover: Screw books. Sims are constantly taking them out of the bookcase, reading them for two seconds, then setting them down on the table or counter or floor, where they just take up space. It's gotten so bad that I've stopped buying books for my Sims.

Fears. At least in The Sims 2, you could actively avoid them. But now just having a fear will make Sims Tense or Sad unless you fulfill some pain-in-the-butt Want that's much more difficult and tedious than regular Wants and have to be timed perfectly or they won't count. I wish there was some option for keeping Wants but getting rid of Fears. They're glitchy as heck and they don't make the game any fun.

In addition, I'm getting tired of these required "free" updates. Usually they just add some gimmick that I didn't ask for and create new bugs and glitches that add to the ones which already existed. Patches are supposed to be for fixing issues with the game. If I want an additional mechanic, I'll buy one.

(At the same time, I understand that not everyone has money and that this is the only way for some people to keep their game fresh. But I don't like it.)
  • skeeterskeeter Posts: 9 New Member
    I do not like the new whims system and my loyal celebrity wants to always talk to people that I have to find! It seems more like a find and seek game anymore, which I did not want. Too much time spent on finding people instead of doing beautiful things like swimming or snowboarding! Also, the phone thing where sims only take out their phones when they are busy talking to sims or running to their destination while they do nothing when standing around.... isn't that suppose to be the opposite? I think it is rude to take out your phone in the middle of a conversation! And the vampiric run only works inside now and when they go outside they jog like other sims! I HOPE THEY FIX THIS SOON!