Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Educated teen run away challenge

Comments

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Day 27 Saturday

Miranda had a lovely snow filled day with cuddles and new experiences. It is one day before graduation :) (I checked and all of the students that were in school with her are now young adults, so I think they might be at the graduation with her ;)
    Miranda woke up early and did all her morning routines
    mzljWie.png
    GVHbQ0A.png
    Zk1frNY.png
    wimoOsm.png

She then painted a little bit and then thought of trying something different.
    nF1NBnp.png

Ice skating :) First off it was hard, but Miranda got the hang of it.
    bMwgo5u.png
    vjPw5TV.png

Then she had to run home when it started snowing a bit too much
    p9Xqr1B.png

Arriving at home she made herself some dinner when there was a knock at the door
    GD0ZAuN.png

Kiyoshi came for a quick visit, he missed Miranda
    bFTjSY7.png
    AgOlz47.png

He stayed and they had lots of fun until it was bedtime for Miranda, big day tomorrow :)
    KI7PY0T.png

• JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Hope Miranda’s graduation functions and they all have fun.
    Hope Miranda’s graduation functions and they all have fun.

Something went wrong, although all her classmates are young adults the graduation never happened. I will wait one more sim week and see what happens. Looks like its buggy in my game :(
    Day 28 Sunday

So the calendar never showed graduation, but when I googled it, it said that a pop up will still come up the first Sunday after aging up. None of that happened though, so Miranda just had another normal chill day today. Kiyoshi did come to visit though, which was nice. Not sure what to do now mmmm ???
    Miranda woke up all excited for her graduation today.
    QTqxcuC.png

some nice brekkie
    iGPHZml.png

Painted a painting
    l3UAmXw.png

Watched some birds, they were cute
    7qyeCPS.png

Oh my gosh need to fix this
    Dp6aoFi.png

Kiyoshi came over for a visit
    AosDGAp.png
    3EazNqR.png

Well guess it is not tonight :( Dinner then bed
    jZPw7Oy.png
    ai9gTTb.png

Not sure what happened, or what to do next, will google a bit.

edited December 2022
    Ok, after some googling, it says that the graduation ceremony should appear on the Calender on Monday, the sims needs to be a young adult for a week before it shows. Lets hope that is the case. One more week of not doing much for Miranda then LOL. Will load my game just to check if it shows Monday morning when she wakes up, not enough time to play a full day again ;)

edit to add

There you go, it's there, I guess I will work on her skills a bit this week before starting uni and attending her graduation ;)

b8OYyAe.png
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,877 Member
    Lindsay didn't get a high school graduation, but she pretty much went straight to university. Good Luck!
    Maybe she could start Uni then do grad as a homecoming?
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    edited December 2022
    @mcrudd - I saw something about a glitch with graduation and the Talent Showcase. What I had to do was change all the venues that were lounges to bars or nightclubs or karaoke bars in all worlds. Some items may have to be added, such as a tv, but most have all the stuff necessary to change them. I hope this helps. :)

When I had a run-through with a test sim, this is what happened, graduation never came and then I read about the conflict with Lounges. When I changed them, no problem. I am still kind of upset about her friends in high school that didn't age up to YA for graduation, but it looks like all yours did. I think most of Ali's friends were still stuck in high school waiting for that graduation ceremony! lol
    @NRowe aww poor Lindsay, how dare the game not give her a graduation ceremony.

@JojoMOMSTER its all goods, she will work on some skills this week, I have aging set back to long after her fellow classmates aged up. So should have more than enough time :)

@SoulGal7 thanks so much for that tip, I will change all the lounges to karaoke bars (I like those) I think the reason Miranda's fellow class mates aged up is because I used short age span and waited until the day of her birthday, that way she was not aged up too early as the game tries to have the ages matched with your actual sim's. Then once she aged and her friends aged, I changed it back to long aging. Well that is my theory LOL. Gonna load my game now and start changing all the venues that are lounges now :D
    Gosh never realized how many lounges there were. Changed 7 lounges into 7 Karaoke bars now LOL. Super glad I did not have to change bars, there are much more of them LOL. Anyways back into my game to start her day 29 :)
    Day 29 Monday

Miranda had a nice relaxing day, just working on her debate skills and also joining the penpal community. She decided to work on the research and debate skills as she heard via other sims that it helps you a lot once you start university.
    Miranda woke up this morning with a plan to start working on her final aspiration for the challenge
    uYuutfQ.png

A nice warm bubble bath and some brekkie to start off the day
    XdzmHMn.png

And lets research and debate
    Z2iacMe.png

Miranda recently joined the penpal community, it is lots of fun, she has one postcard from Riverview, sounds like a nice place.
    mWlk43Z.png

Well what do you know, part one complete
    dYUvow2.png

A nice lavender bath and dinner in front of the tv watching the cooking channel
    ksDVyWI.png

Chatting with Kiyoshi while listening to some lovely music
    9D0QpnT.png

Bedtime for busy little sims
    n3jPAGp.png
    edited December 2022
    @mcrudd - Day 26, 27, 28 & 29
    Day 26 - Ha! Ha! Gown's getting tight? I was thinking that maybe Miranda and Kiyoshi had a "little fun" and that was the reason for the weight gain. lol Probably all those not-so-healthy food choices. And, it's true? Ice cream makes your sims lose weight? Oh very cool. Must be a certain flavour. teehee Woot! And Miranda got her acceptance letter! Look at all those choices! That kitchen does really look good. One day, I am going to force myself to make rooms with everything in them instead of just the bare minimum like I normally do! lol

Day 27 - Sometimes I get too focused on a challenge and forget about doing some fun things. Ice skating is so great! Ahhh...Kiyoshi missed her. That is so sweet and they build a snowpal together.

Day 28 - That face that Miranda makes when graduation doesn't come is hilarious. Like...hey, my calendar told me it was tonight. I bought a dress and everything...and now I have to wait a whole week! Sheesh! Yes, fun and games with sims 4 bugs. lol Let's hope we see her graduate soon. And, yes, I love those karaoke machines and my sims singing. Way too much, too. I could spend too many sim days just having my sim sing those karaoke tunes! When they get good, Iove to hear how their voice sounds like and how they sound with other sims. I think one of my fav packs with the Sims 1 was the expansion pack Superstar. I loved having my sim sing.

Day 29 - Good that Miranda is getting a head start on her Research and Debate skills. Might as well work on those skills as she waits for her graduation. Will she be staying in her house or moving into residence? I just find that the pop-ups for activities seem to come when they are in residence vs. stay at home. She is looking so great, and sweet, that she has a video chat with Kiyoshi. :)
    @SoulGal7 Hahaha no no no, little babies will wait till after university and when our infants arrive ;) I think she is eating too well hahahaha. If you craft diet ice cream with the ice cream machine then your sim loses weight, Miranda had to eat two bowls to get nice and skinny. Wish we had that in real life. I saw the ice skating rink through her window so thought it is something different to do. Oh my gosh Superstar and making magic were my favourite sims 1 packs too. I used to have pen and paper to look at the judges scoring so that I could figure out what my sim had to do to advance in superstar, was not that easy LOL. I thought of leaving her at home, but after watching your gameplay, I might just move her into one of the university campuses.
    I am hoping to play a bit later, my health has not been the best and I am seeing the cardiologist for a stress ecg on the 14th so am weaning off my beta blockers which is making me very tired and my resting heart rate is way to high so I can hardly move around then it spikes. I might play after a short power nap.
    @mcrudd - I am so sorry to hear about the problems you are having with your heart. I do hope that everything will be alright soon :) *hugs to you *
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,877 Member
    Sorry to hear you haven't been well @mcrudd I know all too well about tests and hospitals and being sick.

New chapters up on Lindsay's story. So excited for the latest developments.
    Thank you so much @SoulGal7 and @NRowe, I am hoping they will find out what is wrong soon and start the healing <3

Day 30 Tuesday

Miranda had another chill day, guess a few of those are going to come until graduation LOL.
    Woke up with a smile
    ZKWKidb.png

Brekkie
    xce3uG2.png

Kiyoshi came over for a quick visit
    aC24oEg.png

Some skilling up time
    ZwpOn6h.png

Dinner
    I7F6JAN.png

almost missed a bedtime photo, she sneaked off while I was distracted with the real life tv LOL
    aUFzeuV.png
    Wishing you good health @mcrudd
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    Best wishes to you and your heart @mcrudd !
    gen3-banner.png
    Thank you so much @JojoMOMSTER and @mightysprite <3

@all going to load my game now.
    Ok, so you guys know what Miranda does everyday. Wakes up, uses bathroom, has bath, have breakfast, does a painting, sell it and then practice debate, talk to a penpal, request a postcard and have dinner, talk to Kiyoshi unless he visits and then bed time, so just imagine all of those. I am going to play through to Sunday morning, and then update ;)

Day 31 Wednesday , Day 32 Thursday, Day 33 Friday, Day 34 Saturday as above :D
    Will play now and then update Day 35 :)
    Oh my gosh guys, Sunday just started in my game and the graduation ceremony is no longer in the calendar :/
    Will just play it out and see what happens ;)
    Day 35 Sunday

It was a huge disappointment for me, with no graduation happening, why even bother having packs that the features never work :( Anyways for Miranda it was a fun day, she had Kiyoshi over and got lots of new penpals. She had her own private graduation just her, and then enrolled into university. I have moved her into a dorm room where there are two beds, but I locked the door for everyone and I am going to change it with the buy cheat and then it will be her own big room, I mean come on she used to live in a big house. Seems like that is gone too, never played just one sim going to university and it sold her house automatically I think, anyways time to just complete this challenge and get it over with.
    Miranda woke up excited for graduation
    OFYKhJ7.png

I think she is still having a pirate moment during breakfast arghhh
    8SpsjnR.png

Oooh more penpals
    QBv1gNc.png

Hey birdy birdies
    qNEC4rE.png

Preparing for university
    0UyBzDV.png

Painting a confident painting
    Kjb9JRt.png

Kiyoshi showed up for a visit, it was a long and very lovely visit, pics were not taken of all activities, although moodlets might give it away ;)
    ueKRqli.png
    I5T4z2K.png

Ugh no graduation ceremony. I am not happy, but Miranda made a plan ;)
    CGMb4tJ.png

Some selfies to remember the "big" day
    d2NY6KW.png
    6K7blEl.png
    RaY4QtU.png
    aY6C2hn.png

Now the university courses.
    wcYjT1e.png
    TrRs10T.png

Miranda's dorm room as she moved in, her sim god will change it for her ;)
    nBYwF5a.png

edited December 2022
    ok, gonna take a break then get the dorm room ready, not play yet, just build ;)
    Ok, here is the dorm room, will play again tomorrow <3

eLpXB27.png

nEFQcZC.png

DQTt1sC.png
    @mcrudd - oh so sorry that this did not work for you, so no graduation. Bummer :( Well, at least all those teens aged up when Miranda did. So, I got part of it, and you got the other part! lol What I did so Ali wouldn't lose her house is to have someone stay there while she was in uni, I used her friend Liam (Maxis made sim) & just temporarily moved him in, and then when she moved to Moonwood Mill, just then moved household & all her belongings came with her.

She looked great in her high school graduation robe. I love her dorm room with all the pics. So cool she is going in for Culinary Arts. (I had to fake grad pics with Jacob for uni, so all is good.) There must still be a graduation glitch for high school.

That face that Kiyoshi makes when Miranda tells him she is going to uni...it's like...what...you're going to Britechester..when will I see you again? Great update!