Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

👽 Miller Legacy 🛸

Comments

• HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 774 Member
    Thanks for the comment, as always!

Meanwhile, here it is chapter 5.3! (link)
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.12 posted on the 25th of March 2024*
    I'm really posting a lot recently...

Anyway, here is chapter 5.4! (link)

University is hard even without searching for unnecessary drama, but of course they are doing the opposite. What could happen now?
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.12 posted on the 25th of March 2024*
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    Aww :blush:<3
    gen3-banner.png
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    Chapter 5.3
    Aww, don’t let the loss get to you, Venus. Sometimes even training like mad just isn’t enough. Better luck next time!
    Haven’t seen Luke and Misty in a while! Both of them are going grey I see. Aw, I hope they stick around for a while longer. The sims life span isn’t kind to elders most of the time. Ooooh, so Steve is into Venus, huh? Oh dear. I wonder if Cassy is into Steve in turn. If so, that would make for a pretty awkward love triangle. 😅

Chapter 5.4
    Steve doesn’t give up easily, it seems. Aw, he’s a good guy. Or maybe he just wants to see her again and that’s the easiest way to do it. Venus really is pushing herself to the max there with training and homework and classes; I hope she doesn’t crash and burn, because she’s wearing herself out.
    Mind reading still feels like such an incredible invasion of privacy to me. Even if it’s meant well. Gives me second-hand anger every time someone uses it to find out someone’s secrets. I’m glad to hear that Cassy only sees Steve as a friend, though! Possible sisterly crisis averted. Aww, and their little kiss at the end 🥰 He’s so cute.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,767 Member
    Caught up!
    Careful not to burn yourself out Venus! I know you got A+s, but you don't want to do too much. Ohh 🐸🐸🐸🐸 I forgot about the alien mind-reading somehow? I would not want to know someone with that ability X_X The kiss was super cute though!
    they/them or she/her
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    I'm really enjoying the college time and the focus on personal stuff for a bit. :smiley:

Interesting development with Steve and Venus. Was not expecting that. :open_mouth: Cassy seems okay with it though...

Blue haired guy with his spoiled cookie made me laugh. Very "college student": I'll just scrape the mold off. It's probably fine.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
    Thanks a lot for your comments, as always!
    I mostly want to answer to the comments about telepathy, because I admit that when I play with aliens I don't really pay too much attention to it (that action just seem natural to them, sometimes they are even doing it autonomously). Their attitude towards telepathy is probably quite different from the humans' one (and so also to ours), they are overall more used to having their thoughts and emotions be perceived by others, yet also among them it's considered quite unpolite to use it without asking for permission first.
    Also, not everyone learnt how to use telepathy to the same extent, and people like Lyra or Cassy seem to want to show off they can do it from time to time.
    2if86miljyb3.png
    @HermioneSims I get that-
    In my mind, because of the way they glow with the emotions they're feeling, I like to think Sixamians are more honest than humans because it's hard to hide your feelings anyway when you glow when you feel them strongly. So they're used to being more 'open' about things most of the time. So I imagine it's more 'acceptable' in Sixamian culture to want to know something in more detail, and to find out whichever way you can. If that makes sense.
    they/them or she/her
    The topic of the acceptability of telepathy will come up better at some point, some place and some way, but I don't want to spoil too much now...

Anyway, chapter 5.5 is out! (link) The funny (?) adventures of Venus and Cassy in college continue!

Also, I want to add a little notice to this post: be aware that next week I'm travelling abroad for work, and that once I return back I could want to sleep 48 h straight during the weekend. So the pause before the next chapter is very likely to be a little longer than usual.
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Chapter 5.5!
    I feel you Cassy, third wheel sucks not because it's not you who's in the relationship, but because sometimes folks struggle to balance time between friend and partner...or stop caring about their friends and family as a result. I don't think Venus means to leave Cassy out though, she just wants time with her partner. And isn't sure what to do. I'm glad that Steve hasn't entirely ditched Cassy though, it sucks getting used to folks not speaking to you as much anymore but it is what it is. Wondering how Cassy and Jacob might turn out, but I somehow feel like Cassy wouldn't be too interested in a relationship. Jacob seems like the worst kind of guy honestly -.- I think Cassy's a bit of a black sheep around everyone at the moment. Seems a lot of these people are all sports folks and a lot louder and such, so hopefully Cassy can find someone like her who likes quiet time and such.
    they/them or she/her
    Thanks @SnowBnuuy !
    I can't go into too much detail now because the dynamics setting up now will make much more sense once this college story arc ends, but for the moment you seem to have done a very good analysis of the situation already.
    I tend to have a soft spot for characters like Cassy because they're a lot like I am, but who knows whether this means that I'll be nice to her in the future chapters or not, who knows...
    2if86miljyb3.png
    @HermioneSims
    What I love about Cassy is that she reminds me of Luke when he was younger, more introverted and keeps herself to herself. I love characters who are unapologetically introverted and also what I love is Luke was still pretty introverted at the end of his arc, he wasn't expected to overcome introversion. and I love that < 3
    they/them or she/her
    @SnowBnuuy
    I've never thought of Luke's arc in that terms, but it's indeed true. As for Cassy instead, she can actually show a much more chatty side than Luke is capable of, but only when she can talk about something she's very interested in or curious about. She's not afraid to speak out what she really thinks or interrupt people (even if it means being unpolite), just like she did to end that "date" with Jacob. Overall she's still quite introverted, but not in the sense of shy. She's actually quite proud of her way of "selecting people worthing her time", and she doesn't seem like someone who would want to try to overcome this, not at all...
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Definitely can relate to Cassy.

I have a feeling she might need to spend more time away from her sister to find her own set of good friends. The type of people most drawn to Venus don't usually seem to be the kind of people Cassy would really want to spend the time to get to know.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    Chapter 5.5
    Aw, Venus is just having no luck with these matches, is she? Another loss =( Poor Cassy feeling like the third wheel in the group instead of a part of it. Hopefully they’ll figure out how to ease into a comfortable dynamic again soon. Venus is sweet to try and set Cassy up with someone, but it’s a little misguided, too. Cassy just isn’t the type of person that Venus is. I get the feeling that them always being together in the past, and Venus being the more dominant personality now, is tripping them both up a bit.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,877 Member
    Caught up. The girls are doing well I see. I like how you’re covering the whole university experience
    Thanks a lot for the comments!

Meanwhile, here it is chapter 5.6! (link)

The end of their university experience is approaching, and everything still seems so calm... Even too calm, actually.
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Definitely seems too calm...

Cute snowpal and snowballs scene! They all seem so happy right now.

Poor Steve with his anxieties. Venus really is very popular, and a lot of other people seem to find her attractive. But she doesn't seem interested in anyone but Steve. Good thing Cassy tries to set him straight about that. Not sure it worked though. :worried:

ROFL! :joy: Venus' grand entrance!

And meeting the parents how... this is always stressful, even if they're super nice. :lol: But you can do it, Steve!

I really have enjoyed seeing Cassy and Venus go through school. And I am wondering what is going to happen next....
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Chapter 5.6!
    I absolutely loved Venus's grand entrance. Just pictured her entering with a big old 'wasssaaaaaaap?' XD It was nice of Cassy to try and put Steve's mind at ease when he was worried. I have a feeling asking Luke for a story about something, you'd end up there for a while : P I absolutely love that little last bit, I love how much Venus is into him and their lil bench smooch...MY HEART ;-;
    they/them or she/her
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    Venus cheering whenever she walks in a door is a fun detail :)
    gen3-banner.png
    These college years were really funny for them, and also for me to play...

Meanwhile, here it is another small update, with chapter 5.7! (link)

This is just a brief chapter to close the university portion of the story, and I will need it to set up what comes up next... :#
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Congratulations Venus, Cassy, and Steve! You did so well. Watch out for whatever it is that @HermioneSims is plotting to befall you! :wink:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Thanks a lot, as always!

Meanwhile, my evil plans could start to move on (actually, this it wasn't really intentional, but whatever...) So here it is chapter 5.8! (link)

I would also like to share here a few funny pictures completely photobombed by our favourite ghost cat. As you can see in the chapter, at the end I couldn't find any picture without him smiling at the camera to use for the chapter XD
    Jdh9eFG.png

PP9trUc.png

The funniest part for me remains that no one else seems to be aware of him, anyway XD
    2if86miljyb3.png
    edited December 2022
    Chapter 5.7!
    yes Steve and Venus! Are going to be so cute! Wonder what Cassy will get up to. I see her maybe doing something to further the stuff to do with human/alien relations, kinda like Luke did maybe.
    they/them or she/her
    Thanks a lot again!

In the meanwhile, I've just posted chapter 5.9! (link)

This was a quite funny chapter to write for me... Even if I suspect my sims would not agree with this sentiment... XD
    2if86miljyb3.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top