Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The sims 5 2025

Bren91Bren91 Posts: 297 Member
I think Project Rene will be known as the sims 5 which is set to release in 2025. Exciting!
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    Yeah I think that timeline is likely. It'll be The Sims 25th anniversary that year too.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Can Sims 4 even last until 2025? The game is only getting laggier and buggier,and many people have simply moved on to Sims 3 and other games. I myself rarely play Sims 4 anymore because of how buggy and laggy it's become....by the time 2024 rolls around,Sims 4 will be nothing but an unplayable,unfixable mess of bugs,glitches and lag.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Bren91Bren91 Posts: 297 Member
    3 more years of the sims 4! Well probably 2 1/2 years. Since 2022 is about over
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Depends on how much work has already been done compared to the overall time needed. EA cares nothing for anniversaries nor our expectations.
  • BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 638 Member
    I think that's a reasonable timeline. They've expressed in the Sims Summit that there is a couple more years for the Sims 4 and that they are slowly working on Project Rene with players' input. It also helps to be the 25th anniversary of the game.
  • Lbphart3Lbphart3 Posts: 59 Member
    Yeah i kinda expect that, That release time seems perfect for its 25th anniversary .
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Even if Sims 5 has everything I want in a base game, I will probably keep playing Sims 4 until features like weather and pets come out. Unless they bring out cars,trucks, trains, and planes from the start. I’d love to see an active airport location. I also miss stage magic from Sims 1 and 3. I really hope they keep the clubs feature, once that and vamps came out, I was hooked. I also hope they keep the holiday and events calendar. I just wish that Sims 4 events calendar and weather were released before the street festivals in San Myshuno. I build Internet cafe basements in all my karaoke bars now in case Geekcon gets rained out.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I am not excited because there will be a Sims 5 after the creation of Sims 4 and if it does not have any worthwhile features that can bring it to its fullest potential, Sims series may wane if it hadn't waned now. Sims 4 had not taken advantage of what technology offers today even if it went 64 bit.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • nrjnrj Posts: 4 New Member
    I can't wait
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Even if Sims 5 has everything I want in a base game, I will probably keep playing Sims 4 until features like weather and pets come out. Unless they bring out cars,trucks, trains, and planes from the start. I’d love to see an active airport location. I also miss stage magic from Sims 1 and 3. I really hope they keep the clubs feature, once that and vamps came out, I was hooked. I also hope they keep the holiday and events calendar. I just wish that Sims 4 events calendar and weather were released before the street festivals in San Myshuno. I build Internet cafe basements in all my karaoke bars now in case Geekcon gets rained out.

I have a similar line of thinking. I waited about 3 years to start playing Sims 4 bc the trial of the basegame seemed boring. I am not eager for a new version of the game bc it means I will stop getting new content for Sims 4 which I enjoy playing. I'm worried Sims 5 basegame will be boring.