Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you know active players in your family and friends ?

Do you know active players in your family and friends ? 115 votes

Yes
41%
mrsr99tsolisamwittGoodywoodmcruddFigwitSusanaLeoteDijktafoneheiblumesimgirl1010Paigeisin5friendlysimmersg01denswanmlmeadowshellohannah2skybird14CarmineClassicalSimBabykittyjadecyncieLatinaBunny 48 votes
No
50%
catmom1987LeGardePourpreJaline33MichelleWRflong7Ayradyssdzidziak86MonaSolstraaleLesejbKelleygirlelanorbretonMariefoxprice83alanmichael1goodcakebaker62barracuda1574catloverplayerlisasc360Anthonydyertaydevjohnny33 58 votes
Other
7%
BluegayleGalacticGalFreedomWantCAPTAIN_NXR7nanashi-simshoneywitchZazzyKittynIsharellSimDork23 9 votes

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited December 2022
    No
    I know several people who actively play to video games but none of them play to The Sims.

The daughter of a friend used to played to TS3 when she was a teen but she stopped when she went to the university.

• ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 367 Member
    Other
    My son and daughter in law plays My DIL plays sometimes my son but he usually builds when bored. He loved CAW in TS3 he created worlds for me to use
    Also my ex's two youngest play well one just builds for their sister and goes in CAS but then exists CAS without saving the sims
    Have no idea if anyone else I know or anyone in their family plays
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Yes
    My daughter still plays Sims 4. ;)
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    Other
    A nephew played and 3 of my granddaughters but I'm not sure if any still do at least on a regular basis. As far as Sims go anyway, which I am presuming that's what the poll is for?
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    No
    All of my daughters use to play when they were younger. They haven't played in years. I think only one actually ever tried TS4 on my PC, but wasn't impressed and never bought it for herself. They were mostly obsessed with TS2.

In all the years I've been playing, besides my girls, nobody else I knew ever played (or even knew what it was when I'd mention the game)

"Oh really, what's that?"

I'd explain what the game was

"Never heard of it"

And obviously they weren't impressed by the type of game (or my description of it) because they never took an interest in it *shrugs*
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    edited December 2022
    No
    Only me! One of my friend says that her computer is too low on memory and my other friend says he's not interested (it's cool game and all, but he's more into action).

Oh I remember the olden times where nobody believed that such game as The Sims ever existed. Ah, it was 2009...
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    No
    Nope, only me. Feels very lonely, lol.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,548 Member
    Yes
    No one in my family, but the neighbor kids play. I had to drag my laptop out on the porch so they could see the werewolves after that pack came out, because they didn’t have it. 😀
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    edited December 2022
    Yes
    My sister, sister in law, and daughter, play. My oldest son occasionally plays Sims 2. My husband occasionally does if the mood strikes him.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Other

My niece once played The Sims 4…

Me [ her absolute favorite uncle, obviously 🙄] used to gift her bundles…BUNDLES full of Sims 4 joy. It made her so happy, it brought tears to our eyes, mostly mine, until recently-ish, when I bought her Island Living.
    I was SURE she’d be delighted with having mermaids in her game, however, I will never forget the disappointed look on her dear little face:

“Like, Dude, The Sims? REALLY?! Don’t you know that I’ve just discovered beer, bars ‘n boyfriends - not necessarily in that order, but like, DUUUH?!!!”

That’s right, I could read all that from one sweet little facial expression.
    She accepted it nevertheless, albeit reluctantly. Unfortunately I was unable to exchange Island Living for something more suitable - such as a crate of vegan home brew or whatever Gen Z is into these days - I had already put the EP in her library like a stupid old goat. I was sad. So very sad. Anyway, I unfriended her on Origin instead. 😝

Now I’m trying to find my next victim- possibly my own mother. It won’t be easy to persuade her but I always welcome a good challenge. 😈
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,764 Member
    No
    I hit no, but then remembered that my aunt plays every once in a while.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    edited December 2022
    Yes
    My brother-in-law is an active player, albeit not of The Sims, and my sister sometimes comes over to watch me play various games, but rarely plays herself. Not sure if people I've known online for years, but never met in person, can be considered friends, but they make up the majority of the people I'm talking to nowadays, and most are somewhere on the gamer spectrum. I used to have real friends who were gamers, too, and one of them even introduced me to The Sims about 15 years ago, but no idea if they're still playing. Other than that, does my imaginary boyfriend count?
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    My daughter plays Sims 2 and refuses to change, although I did gift her some Sims 4 for her to try. She says "maybe someday". My grandson owns most of Sims 4 but rarely plays as he is into the online games more that he plays with friends. I have a niece who plays but the rest of my family are not interested. I don't plan on stopping any of my sims games any time soon! Looking forward to being able to play more as the family grows up and I have more free time.
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited December 2022
    Other
    In Japan, I found out one of my colleagues (who interestingly had a band in Tokyo whose drummer was a Blue Man member) also played the Sims when he made a comment that I appreciated and I replied "Plus plus" as an inside joke to myself. He reared back and was like "Wait, did you just make a Sims reference?! I effing LOVE that game!" And we started talking regularly at work and we started using the inside joke "plus/minus" and spoke simlish to each other around other colleagues, who just thought we were weird, and ultimately we ended up hanging out outside of work becoming and staying good friends for years even after we both changed jobs. Unfortunately, we lost touch when I moved to the States.

So I guess mine is an "other" as I ended up making a friend by finding out out someone I knew actively played the sims through a sim reference.
  • honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    Other
    my ex-fiance and i played ts3 for years. we had no interest in ts4 when it came out so we just kept playing ts3. we'd parallel play and discuss our gameplay and watch each other regularly. since we broke up i haven't met anyone else interested in the sims. my boyfriend is a gamer and has always known about the sims but it's not his style.
  • CarmineCarmine Posts: 84 Member
    Yes
    My mom plays. I let her play my copy of TS3 like 10 years ago, and she's been playing ever since. She doesn't play TS3 anymore, only TS4
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    No
    This makes me wish I had someone irl to share the interest with. It is kind of lonesome to have an interest that no one else around you shares.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    Other
    Not anymore. My grown daughter is the one who introduced me to Sims2. She hated Sims3 (too much to choose from, her complaint) and barely began playing Sims4, when her babies just kept coming. She's now the mother of ten! Suffice it to say, she barely has time to drink her coffee, let alone play her game. So, I only have those of you here on the forum to share with. But, you're all such a nice bunch I don't feel alone. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • skybird14skybird14 Posts: 90 Member
    Yes
    A couple of my friends play The Sims and many of the people I know have played it in the past so they at least have an understanding of what I'm talking about when I refer to it.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    Yes
    my nieces now ya since the sims3
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    No
    For me, it's easier to find friends and nephews who play to Minecraft or Cyberpunk 2077.

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    No
    I don't know anyone that plays The Sims. If I bring the subject up I have to explain what it is and I can see any interest they had disappear. Most people just dismiss it as playing with digital dolls. It would be nice to have someone to talk to about the game face to face, but I have this place and that's good enough for me.
  • hellohannah2hellohannah2 Posts: 839 Member
    Yes
    yes! But then we start talking about it and I realise that they don't play sims the way that I do - with CC and mods and all of the cheats and whatever else is packed into my game.
    s54gWQ5.png
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member
    Yes
    Yes, I started with Sims 2, and dragged one of my friends into as well.
    Come Sims 4, I got the same friend and another friend into it.
    However, all three of us don't play Sims 4 constantly, and tend to play other games.
    I play the Sims for like a week straight, but either new games, or just taking a break from the game can keep off of it for awhile.
  • FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    Yes
    My daughter and my grand-daughter play. My daughter mainly does challenges and my grand-daughter is into creating beautiful sims with loads of cc.

My play is a little different. I usually have several families who breed like rabbits. My sims' kids get As in school and become very accomplished on the violin and piano - just like a Jane Austin heroine. But then I get overwhelmed by all the kids or too disappointed to continue when they all grow up to look like turkeys. So I start again vowing that this time this will be a keeper save. It never is but I enjoy the journey.

None of my friends play and I don't talk about it to them. They would probably look at me funny.