Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA App Required Now?

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited December 2022
    Ziafar wrote: »
    @LeGardePourpre I was not in a hurry either but it seems I do not have the choice. I cannot make the pop up close and I cannot access my game. So......

Even by unplugging the network wire ?

I mean they can't force offline computer to update it.
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 701 Member
    edited December 2022
    @LeGardePourpre Ah, now that is a suggestion.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    I don’t understand why there’s no choice. Both do the same job. Why make Origin if they were going to make an EA App anyway? I’m confused 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️🥺
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,179 Member
    I like the look of the new app and only uninstalled it recently because it wouldn't let me install my store content for Sims3. As they fixed the install problem with the packs I am hoping that my store content will be okay.

Guess i will find out soon.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    I've already switched over to the new EA app over the weekend as I got a new PC and when I typed in Origin to download, it came up as the new EA app. So it's installed as well as my saves from TS4 as I had backed them up on an external Disc drive. I just need to move over what little bit of CC to my file and get my mods back... :)
    What save files? We have to add our save files for our game to the app?

But it just launches the game, not manages the files? 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️. Or is this something completely different to Origin?

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 372 Member
    edited December 2022
    I dislike being forced to use an app I have no interest in using. Preferably users should have the option of choosing whether to use the older Origin or the new app.
    Post edited by MantleJackal on
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 250 Member
    Well, at least it's working, including in offline mode, with all my save games still in place.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »

Hey all,

We've been in the process of migrating users in waves from Origin to the new EA app on Windows since mid October. You'll eventually see a message like the one above pop up when launching Origin now that the EA app is no longer in Beta.

You can read more about the new EA app on EA.com here, and if you run into any issues or if you have feedback to share please do let us know here so we can take a look and let the right teams know.

With all respect wouldn't it be nice to make sure the EA app works with all of your games before forcing people onto it? I can't keep my Sims 3 store content with the EA app because it keeps being removed. I don't want this app until it works with all of my games.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I've already switched over to the new EA app over the weekend as I got a new PC and when I typed in Origin to download, it came up as the new EA app. So it's installed as well as my saves from TS4 as I had backed them up on an external Disc drive. I just need to move over what little bit of CC to my file and get my mods back... :)
    What save files? We have to add our save files for our game to the app?

But it just launches the game, not manages the files? 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️. Or is this something completely different to Origin?
    They got a new pc and transferred save files from the old pc to new
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,414 Member
    edited December 2022

Same here. I switched to a another laptop 2 or 3 weeks ago. I couldn't find origin to download so I got the EA app. So far I installed sims 3, 4 and medieval. It seems to work fine at first sight. The biggest difference for me is that I can now play with graphics on high and loading screens under 30 seconds. And I am not even on a gaming laptop.

My only issue is sims medieval. When I installed it through origin, I got an error while installing the Dutch version. I had to install the game in English and then switch language to Dutch after installation. So now I immediately installed it in English and can't find an option to change the language. Do I have to reinstall to change the language?
    Sharonia wrote: »
    EA_Cade wrote: »

Hey all,

We've been in the process of migrating users in waves from Origin to the new EA app on Windows since mid October. You'll eventually see a message like the one above pop up when launching Origin now that the EA app is no longer in Beta.

You can read more about the new EA app on EA.com here, and if you run into any issues or if you have feedback to share please do let us know here so we can take a look and let the right teams know.

With all respect wouldn't it be nice to make sure the EA app works with all of your games before forcing people onto it? I can't keep my Sims 3 store content with the EA app because it keeps being removed. I don't want this app until it works with all of my games.

I was able to download riverview from the sims 3 store and it installed just fine. I will have to check if it got removed. So far I only played sims 3 once on this pc.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,445 Member
    @ncisGibbs02 Origin's been around for many years, perhaps almost as long as Sims 4 (if not longer?) & has had a number of problems so they started working on the new app a few years ago.
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    I'm not quite sure what all the outrage over this is?
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I have been in Origin this morning playing my game and no notice whatsoever that I need to change over or update to the new EA App.
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited December 2022
    I’ve recently moved over and have not found any issues with Sims 4. Unfortunately, there are issues with Sims 2 and Sims 3 though.

Sims 2 Ultimate Collection is now Sims 2 Double Deluxe, and all Sims 3 Special Editions and Limited Editions are now just Sims 3 regular editions. I haven’t checked my Sims 3 store stuff yet as I haven’t downloaded Sims 3 to my new computer yet.

Edit: Just remembered that there are issues with Sims 4 as well. Some owned Sims 4 packs now show as unowned.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    Once again, the App is a but, telling me my game failed to launch. It's been doing this for quite some time, recently. I don't think it's ready for Prime Time, plus, I've also noticed there is no longer the warning that Origin is coming to a close, soon.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,300 EA Community Manager
    g01denswan wrote: »
    I’ve recently moved over and have not found any issues with Sims 4. Unfortunately, there are issues with Sims 2 and Sims 3 though.

Sims 2 Ultimate Collection is now Sims 2 Double Deluxe, and all Sims 3 Special Editions and Limited Editions are now just Sims 3 regular editions. I haven’t checked my Sims 3 store stuff yet as I haven’t downloaded Sims 3 to my new computer yet.

Please let us know about these inconsistencies here so we can alert the right teams.

Once again, the App is a but, telling me my game failed to launch. It's been doing this for quite some time, recently. I don't think it's ready for Prime Time, plus, I've also noticed there is no longer the warning that Origin is coming to a close, soon.

We have a thread for this issue here.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
    g01denswan wrote: »

Edit: Just remembered that there are issues with Sims 4 as well. Some owned Sims 4 packs now show as unowned.

Check your Sims2 properties on app for this: As it shows DD in Collections but installs the UC
    I haven't returned to using App yet but 2 ran just fine on it but 3 had issues with store content.

vDO4g7X.png
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,955 Member
    I’ve not had any problems with the EA app so far. I only play Sims 4 on it though.

I can't speak for others and I myself am not outraged. However, when I moved my sims3 game (which i still play) there were issues with the store purchases so I went back to Origin.
    It's an older game so that may be the problem but simmers paid a lot to get that content for their game and they should be able to continue to use it. Especially since it is still being sold.

Hopefully that issue has been fixed. Guess i will find out when I have to switch.
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited December 2022
    Bluegayle wrote: »

I can't speak for others and I myself am not outraged. However, when I moved my sims3 game (which i still play) there were issues with the store purchases so I went back to Origin.
    It's an older game so that may be the problem but simmers paid a lot to get that content for their game and they should be able to continue to use it. Especially since it is still being sold.

Hopefully that issue has been fixed. Guess i will find out when I have to switch.

I haven't noticed any outrage about it.

I'm not happy for being forced onto this app because it doesn't work properly with the older sims games and to me that says that it isn't ready for being forced upon people. I and others have spent a lot of money on these games and we should be able to continue playing them as we have been doing all this time.

The Sims 3 store content is not cheap and being denied use of these items is unacceptable. If EA can't fix their new app to work with this content then we should be afforded the option of continuing as we are by accessing the game through Origin.
  • skybird14skybird14 Posts: 90 Member
    I got the the message on Thursday telling me to install the new EA App and since then I've not been able to launch my game at all.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Yeah, it's no problem if all you play is sims4 but for the rest of us, having our sims3 imperiled by the new ea app, is the problem.

Imagine if you couldn't access a bunch of your sims4 stuff, because of the new app you had no choice but to use? You'd be upset.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Last night when I went to sign into Origin, a sign came up that said, EA app will download...no choice. So I thought here I go. Actually it worked like it was supposed to, thank heavens. Sorry some are having trouble.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 372 Member
    edited December 2022
    I haven't gotten any message to install the new app yet. Hopefully it stays that way. I'm not planning on using it unless it's absolutely mandatory to play my game.
    Post edited by MantleJackal on
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    Last night when I went to sign into Origin, a sign came up that said, EA app will download...no choice. So I thought here I go. Actually it worked like it was supposed to, thank heavens. Sorry some are having trouble.

Do you play 2 UC and 3 as well and did they transfer over properly? And did your store content from 3 also?
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top