Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Upgrade Glitch?

IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
My sim has a wish in her queue to do 30 upgrades. One of my goals for her is to do all of the upgrades in the game. She was up to 29 upgrades, with 26 of them being unique, and I bought her a juice keg to upgrade. She appeared to have finished the upgrade, but the normal ditty that plays when an upgrade is done didn't play, the wish wasn't fulfilled, there is no record of the auto refill upgrade on a juice keg in her skill journal, and the total of unique upgrades listed in her skill journal is still at 26, when it should be 27. But the option to upgrade the keg is no longer available.

Is this a common glitch with the juice keg?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited October 2017
    Well, I wouldn't call it a glitch. I'd call it a bug. The juice kegs have never counted to fulfill upgrade wishes in my game and I don't recall them ever appearing in the skill journal.

edit: I've researched this before and concluded this is a known issue (i.e. not unique to my game).
    Post edited by TreyNutz on
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Yeah, that's what I meant, a bug. So there's no point in buying her another one and trying again. Do you know if this will prevent her from getting to the point of her skill log showing 100% of upgrades completed? Doing the math, with 26 being 60% of upgrades completed, that would work out to 43 upgrades being the total, and 43 is the number I have on my list, including the juice keg. I don't own the not so routine machine, so those two upgrades aren't relevant to my game.
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    From what I recall of my research into unique upgrades (which was a long time ago) it's not possible to get 100% in the skill journal. And I don't recall the juice kegs being the issue. You might try searching the forums here and on Carl's Guide to see what the exact problem is. @kusurusu might know more. He seems pretty knowledgeable about the game and has undoubtedly dealt with the same issue.
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    There's no link to the DoPostSuccess method which increases num of unique upgrades. Most upgrades link to this method via StopUpgrade except for water trough (direct link) and juice keg.
    Since there was no fix to this issue (and I don't know how to write script mods) I exported my sim (after autopilot upgrade), changed one of the 0x29* (autopilot) characters to 0x28* (auto refill), put her back and upgraded another helm. Warning: Messing around here may lead to a household which can't be imported anymore!

*0x28 and 0x29 show up as ( and ) in notepad++
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    PBLPBL Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello @kusurusu, sorry to bother but could you elaborate how you exported you character changed one of the values and imported them back into the game?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top