Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which pack pleasantly surprised you?

imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
edited December 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I’m blown away by how much I’ve enjoyed My Wedding Stuff. I love the world. This is the only collection I’ve ever finished. And the wedding venues are pretty. Cas isn’t bad either.

As long as the venue only has 1 arch, I have no problems with the wedding.

I aged up the two youngest premade kids. Kept the grandma, and killed off everyone else in a “tsunami.” Ok, I cheated and killed off everybody using mc command center. But I used the rain machine!

The younger kids fell in love, and despite the mean grandma, ended up engaged. I made it so he’s a spellcaster with an ancient bloodline and she’s a mermaid.

Just curious, which packs pleasantly surprised you? And feel free to share your pack stories
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited December 2022
    I’m working through the packs and haven’t tried all of them yet but probably bowling night stuff. Spent a couple of weeks building a bowling alley and then decorating it for Halloween and having a party there too. Love the NPCs you can download off the gallery from the trailer, used the CAS stuff and pretty much all the build items and just think it’s kinda fun. I got like game pack level content from it.

Also see how it would be unremarkable to a lot of people too. I think a lot of these packs depends on how you use them, what sims you have, how you feel at that particular time, what you like in real life etc 🙂
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    I’m working through the packs and haven’t tried all of them yet but probably bowling night stuff. Spent a couple of weeks building a bowling alley and then decorating it for Halloween and having a party there too. Love the NPCs you can download off the gallery from the trailer, used the CAS stuff and pretty much all the build items and just think it’s kinda fun. I got like game pack level content from it.

Also see how it would be unremarkable to a lot of people too. I think a lot of these packs depends on how you use them, what sims you have, how you feel at that particular time, what you like in real life etc 🙂

I love the clothes in that pack!
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited December 2022
    Eco Lifestyle. I had a bad experience in the beginning with it with Neighborhood Action Plans, and the bugs related to them. And the pack also has some strange items like the meat wall and the insect farm and the traits are giving you more trouble than benefits.

But other than that, fabricating and making your own items, actually pretty fun. Building container homes, also fun. The new community lots, also well done and work pretty well, going around in different worlds and trying to improve their footprints, also fun and interesting, some worlds looked great with a green eco footprint. And we also got some apartments. Both CAS and the Build/Buy items look great and I used a lot of those items when I was renovating houses and apartments with Dream Home Decorator.

The pack also has some of my favorite NPC sims with Knox Greenburg and Tina Tinker who can show up on other lots and help you out.
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    Eco Lifestyle. I think it was a pretty solid pack. Great world, apartments, gameplay, career, etc. It was finally one of the few non favorite packs (Seasons, Pets, University, Night themed) we got in a while and it was enjoyable (minus the annoying voting thing) but glad they did something different.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Get Together.

When I first saw the trailers I thought 'Is that it?' and was not expecting much, but it turned out to be a solid expansion pack. Great world, the totally awesome club system, Don't Wake The Llama, darts, foosball, dancing etc.
  • Options
    BabycakelingsBabycakelings Posts: 100 Member
    Funnily enough, laundry day.

I generally don't like packs. Just personal preference. But this one works really well, the items for it are all really nice and it works as it's own thing.
    tumblr_pjpuetVQKC1vjcb7vo1_1280.jpg
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited December 2022
    Strangerville, wasn’t at all interested the story but the world, CAS and BB are great
  • Options
    RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    Get to Work. I love the active careers, the ability to make retail stores and surprisingly really like aliens which I had no interest in. They just have fun abilities and I love that they can shapeshift.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited December 2022
    Strangerville
    I thought it might have very little replay value given the similarities to Stranger Things
    but I actually find it has lots of replay value and its always such fun to play

tbh most of the packs that are not 100% exactly what I asked for
    it takes me a while to figure packs out :sweat_smile:
    but when I do its great fun
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Eco Living because I thought it would be the most horrible pack. However, I love the clean green environment, the CAS, Build Objects and even Evergreen Harbor is OK for some of my Superhero & SiFi households.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I use various items from all of the packs I currently own. But I have to say the one that pleasantly surprised me the most is Get Famous. I much prefer the celebrity system over the one in Sims3. At least your Sim has to be good at something and not just become famous for 'knowing' somebody who is famous. I use a mod so I can have my singer Sim back. I'm having a great time, as a result.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    edited December 2022
    I generally do my homework and don't buy things if I expect them to underwhelm me. In hindsight, I'm not sure what possessed me (pun intended) to buy Strangerville, but the world just blew me away. I love living in and visiting Strangerville. I also really enjoy playing as a covert operative.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Get Famous. It's more fun than I expected it to be.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 304 Member
    I'm probably in the minority but I really enjoy Jungle Adventures. I send a lot of my Sims away for holidays there & enjoy going through the temples with them. I'm currently doing the Millionaire scenario for the second time. My first Sim made her million via flower arranging but this time my Sim will make his million via authenticating artefacts. He has a long way to go as he currently only has about $27k but once he starts getting artefacts sent for him to authenticate, I expect his bank balance to improve more quickly.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    Journey to Batuu. I wasn't interested of it at first and I only bought it because I was still a completionist when it was released. I ended up spending a lot of time playing the pack. I still do and I have a lot of fun with it, even if I'm not the biggest fan of Star Wars, especially the newer movies that I haven't even seen.
    The other one I was pleasantly surprised is Werewolves. I've never liked Werewolves in movies or TV series and they just simply bore me, but Sims 4 did them so well that I ended up loving the game pack more than I ever expected.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Paranormal Stuff.
    It's a stuff pack with a lot of game play for 10 dollars. It felt like a game pack.
    It goes nicely with Realm of Magic, Vampires for game play. It also goes well with HSY, Vintage Glamour, and Decor to the Max for build/buy.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I'm probably in the minority but I really enjoy Jungle Adventures. I send a lot of my Sims away for holidays there & enjoy going through the temples with them. I'm currently doing the Millionaire scenario for the second time. My first Sim made her million via flower arranging but this time my Sim will make his million via authenticating artefacts. He has a long way to go as he currently only has about $27k but once he starts getting artefacts sent for him to authenticate, I expect his bank balance to improve more quickly.

I love Jungle Adventures. I was just playing an archaeologist sim recently, and had a lot of fun with her. I often edit the world so sims can do other things on their holidays as well, if they aren't going to be explorers.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    If I had to pick just one pack to play it would be Vampires. I've put in more hours with the vampire pack than all the others combined and I have all the packs except Bust the Dust. I LOVE the vampire pack.
  • Options
    SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    Spa Day! The Wellness skill is great, and it's cool that it has some mini-Aspirations, too.

I also really liked Strangerville. I wouldn't want to play through it again, but it felt good to solve the "mystery" and it was kind of fun to fight the Mother Plant. Plus, those Possessed Sims are so delightfully creepy!
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Hmm. Pleasantly surprised, you say? Well, if we're talking about a pack that we didn't expect to enjoy so much, I think I'm going to have to say Island Living. The theme just wasn't something I thought I wanted and Mermaids weren't on my list of Occults because I thought they were too floofy for me and I've never been much of a Mermaid person.

But it did pique my interest when I saw the live stream so I got it, and once I played it, I actually fell in love with it. I made some evil Sirens and a Mer kingdom (because holy shamoly the Mermaid customization is awesome!) and put some pirates in as well as a voodoo mambo by the volcano and then I found an amazing ship restaurant build in the gallery and added that and just had a blast with it all. I found myself wanting to hang out there all the time with my Sims (just recently had an informal hippie beach wedding with my young Witch.) I love that there's a variety of hidden surprises connected to the ocean like shark attacks and getting swept out by the tide. Lol, it's little sneaky details like those that keep me interested.

I know that there's areas where the pack really fell short (like no underwater swimming and rabbit holes) and I would have rather had something much more interesting instead of the conservation career, but I think it's one of my favorite expansions anyway. I just really enjoy it. In my own way, of course. 😁
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    Paranormal Stuff.
    It's a stuff pack with a lot of game play for 10 dollars. It felt like a game pack.
    It goes nicely with Realm of Magic, Vampires for game play. It also goes well with HSY, Vintage Glamour, and Decor to the Max for build/buy.

Agree! They went all out for that pack. The only pack i’d say that is worth their full retail price.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Get Famous. I never expected to use it nearly as much as I do.
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I still have a few packs to explore, but the one that has surprised me most in a positive way is City Living. I like having to work/renovate within the limits of the apartment spaces and have found the city to be dynamic. I like the festivals, too. I only bought it for the BB and CAS.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    There is not a lot of packs that pleasantly surprise me because I tend to go into it expecting the best. As long as it's sims related I'm rarely disappointed.
    But two packs did surprise me. One being strangerville. I put together a team of investigators to find the source of strangeness and I was pleasantly surprised by all of the little details along the way. Bug tracking, vines coming outta my toilet 😱😱😱, town getting stranger and stranger among other things. My sims were trying to balance raising a family and investigating so it took me a while to finish it.
    And then the rpg style fight with mother was so unique and fun for a sims game. I was definitely very impressed and surprised with strangerville.
    I know people say the story is not repayable but I beg to differ. We tend to do the same things over and over again in sims anyway. Some of us even play the same old storylines over and over.
    I don't see how this is any different. Plus I add my own story to the strangerville investigation anyway which makes each play through feel a little different.

Second surprise was ecolifestyle. Gameplay about saving the environment sounded like the opposite of fun (still does 😑) But I was surprised to discover that it was really a pack of things players wanted all put together. It's become one of my most used packs just because of everything it comes with and how it is so useful for my gameplay even though I feel like the pack itself doesn't have any particular direction, similar to get together. And both are really good packs for what they add.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(