Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Babies January 3rd? ;) (Confirmed to be March 14!)

Comments

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    BooDaBoo5 wrote: »
    Hi all! I was really unimpressed by the Sims Summit but very happy with news of babies coming! I am so excited. This is something that's been high on my list for years now. So we've been told to expect them early next year. I had a dream last night they were dropped January 3rd :D Woke up and checked the calender and it does indeed fall on a Tuesday, which we know is usually patch day. Did I have a premonition? Lol
    I don't know. Early is very vague.
    Early reminds me of the time they said Soon™ which ended up being 3 months

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Hi all! I was really unimpressed by the Sims Summit but very happy with news of babies coming! I am so excited. This is something that's been high on my list for years now. So we've been told to expect them early next year. I had a dream last night they were dropped January 3rd :D Woke up and checked the calender and it does indeed fall on a Tuesday, which we know is usually patch day. Did I have a premonition? Lol

Exactly. Their definition of 'Early' and 'Soon' is very vague and inconsistent.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,587 Member
    I don't care when it comes, tbh. I just want it to work and not cause any major bugs.
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 439 Member
    The lack of November eps the last two years has really surprised me. I know they're working on something, but then they'll take a break for the holidays. A lot of them are parents and schools don't start up until Jan 6-7 a lot of the time, so having a big launch that soon after holidays is unlikely.
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

Exactly. Their definition of 'Early' and 'Soon' is very vague and inconsistent.

Agreed, I’m not expecting them til June!
  • Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    We got toddlers in the month of January when they dropped.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    EA’s fiscal year ends in March. They’ll want the two EP’s to be released before then. Frost said that infants were coming early and didn’t even mention anything about the 2 packs. Has to be in mid or 1st week of January for the infant update.
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,612 Member
    I really hope it comes in Jan. I want my Sims to have a baby but I'm waiting for the update.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited November 2022
    EA’s fiscal year ends in March. They’ll want the two EP’s to be released before then. Frost said that infants were coming early and didn’t even mention anything about the 2 packs. Has to be in mid or 1st week of January for the infant update.

I'm almost 100% sure they are never going to release 2 expansion packs before April next year.

They mentioned 2 EP's next year. I think one of them will come 'early' next year and the other one probably at the end of 2023.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    I'm almost 100% sure they are never going to release 2 expansion packs before April next year.

They mentioned 2 EP's next year. I think one of them will come 'early' next year and the other one probably at the end of 2023.

I'm figuring the same, I'm thinking May/June/July for the 1st one and then November/December for the 2nd one.
  • Ninja-Dan22Ninja-Dan22 Posts: 117 Member
    It would be great if we had a January release for babies then a May release for generations (if that's what the first expansion is), just like we had with toddlers/parenthood. Although I wouldn't complain if they released the expansion earlier haha
    It would be great if we had a January release for babies then a May release for generations (if that's what the first expansion is), just like we had with toddlers/parenthood. Although I wouldn't complain if they released the expansion earlier haha

This would be nice! :)
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 128 Member
    I think it's gonna be February. I also think ''early'' means before April, so it could March too
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    plumboy23 wrote: »
    I think it's gonna be February. I also think ''early'' means before April, so it could March too
    OK OK OK! This is getting confused, cause I can't live like this anymore. So does that mean we're getting babies earlier? Cause I want more features related to Black History Month, because my R&B station needs me while playing The Sims 4
  • BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 637 Member
    I'm hoping it'll be separate. So the infant update in late February, the new EP in early March, and then the 2nd EP in September/October. They don't seem to do EPs in November/December. I'm guessing the 2nd EP will be tied to Generations.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    edited November 2022
    BreeSasha wrote: »
    I'm hoping it'll be separate. So the infant update in late February, the new EP in early March, and then the 2nd EP in September/October. They don't seem to do EPs in November/December. I'm guessing the 2nd EP will be tied to Generations.

Actually they have always released a "2nd EP" in November or December (at least for PC/MAC) whenever we've gotten 2 EPs in a year
    Get Together December 8, 2015

City Living November 1, 2016

Cats & Dogs November 10, 2017

Get Famous November 16, 2018

Discover University November 15, 2019

Snowy Escape November 13, 2020

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_4
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    I think it's gonna be January because of the baby's update and I think the next ep will be generations ? but I've ben wrong before ?
  • VyollaVyolla Posts: 77 Member
    I hope it's January, this wait is 💀 :(. But I think it'll be February/March.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

Probably 2 Gamepacks in between.

I think the first Expansion will be either House Party or based on Brazil based on the recent music video trailer.

I think the first Expansion will be either House Party or based on Brazil based on the recent music video trailer.

What about a music pack @catloverplayer ? Do you think it could be that?

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Goodywood wrote: »

I would associate Brazil more with dancing rather than music. Wonder what they would add in a Brazil inspired House Party EP, other than the obvious parties? Hopefully they will bring back the scooters. And it just crossed my mind that it would have been fun to have a Bollywood inspired Get Famous EP.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    When they do drop off infants then you know an expansion or a game pack is just around the corner they've always done this so how quiet it is now we might here something by the end of the month or after new years.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    When they do drop off infants then you know an expansion or a game pack is just around the corner they've always done this so how quiet it is now we might here something by the end of the month or after new years.

I think hearing something next year is more plausible now. Companies don’t like to do business around Christmas and people are already starting to take vacation from work even this week. I see it carrying into Feb/March before we hear anything but we’ll see!
    Goodywood wrote: »

Possibly. I wouldn't rule out a music pack either.