Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    December 4th: Befriend all the animals!

Today's Accomplishment:
    Country Caretaker
    - Place a flock of wild birds on your home lot

jWlK4bC.png
    It was a bit of a cloudy day today.

I got up early to tend to my garden and the animals.

unLnOHM.png

I'd acquired some amazing fertilizer from Kuzco, so I used that on my prize winners to give them a boost.

G5cytdL.png

I then teleported down the hill to say good morning to the birds.

uzyqzYT.png

The flock nearest our house must not be morning birds though, because they didn't take my salutations very well.

So instead I returned to the birds near the ruins, as we'd gotten along pretty well the day before.

I gave them a flower this time and received a blueprint for creating my very own bird house.

Q2J2K5f.png

I immediately flew home and set it up.

9NDsdxU.png

I didn't have to wait long for a flock to move in, so I gave them a welcome gift and in return they gave me a cow cross-stitch pattern.

fFB22BY.png

I guess now I really do have to dust off that skill.

I noticed a little black bunny nearby, so I went over and gave it a carrot.

J8WPbsJ.png

The bunny liked it so much it gave me another clump of llama wool.

IDayNk0.png

It kinda makes you wonder where these animals are finding these things, but I digress.

After playing with the cats, I headed inside and settled into the rocking chair with a cross-stitch hoop. Time to make a cow!

YsajUTp.png

Kaori and Pax came a joined me, and together we sat and stitched the evening away.

aXaEk5W.png
    JXgOfXw.png

Before heading to bed, I went outside to check on the animals and garden and found my prize winners had already grown much larger!

That fertilizer is amazing!

zRXaDxm.png

Of course I had to call Kaori out to show off my big melons, and it must have turned her on because soon we were making out in the garden.

LiQjqPw.png

Honestly, not a bad way to end the day.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    *Updated my December 3rd post above! I need to apologize once again for not posting comments/replies yet. After I post a small update for today, I'll do them next! Thanks for being patient with me! :)
    edited December 2022
    December - Day 4: "Undead life in paradise..."

e5TqJ9i.png

Notes
    Z7VESjl.png
    Last night I briefly gave the entire family full autonomy to see what they would do here in paradise. I could've taken screenshots of my finished build at this point, but I wanted sunshine and use of the camera/tab mode to take them. Colt mostly spent his time in the gym, Marley wanted to play the guitar, sing and paint. Cale, of course, made a beeline for his laptop to 'troll teh forums.' Lovely...

I let Marley and Colt do whatever they wanted for awhile and sent Cale on a few missions. The first of which was head into the village to buy a coconut to eat from the vending machine. Coconuts grow in Summer and it's Spring now or I would've had him pick one to eat. Next up was spending a few hours exploring the beach cave. He didn't really find much, mostly crystals and some seashells. However, he did receive some rare tropical fish from a pod of dolphins.

Back at the house, they all went fishing together. Colt caught a Mahi Mahi and put it in the fishbowl in his room. Marley caught nothing and Cale caught a few fish and a necklace, part of the treasure collection.

Finally, it was time for Cale to harvest and tend to his garden. Marley and Colt kept fishing, at least for a little while. After Cale finished in the garden Colt ran over to have a chat with him. They started to get mean to each other for no reason, so I sent Cale to clean up some trash in the ocean and on the beach. While he was doing that, Colt left for school.

I waited purposely until Colt left for school before having Cale try to get a suntan. He wanted to do it au naturale so he wouldn't get any tan lines.

JKQAk2m.png
    There wasn't an option though for Cale to get a suntan and I couldn't figure out why until I hovered over the grayed out option. Apparently, vampires can't tan! o.O Cale doesn't look too happy about this revelation and neither am I. Now what do I do? I don't want to cheat it, but if I don't, Cale will need to take the cure, get a suntan and then have Marley bite him. *sigh*

Maybe he's decided he doesn't want to be a vampire anymore? But what about being with Marley for eternity? Hmm... I have some thinking to do.
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    edited December 2022
    *Updated my December 4th post above! Tomorrow's update will be a full gameplay update. This one is short because it took me all day to edit/write yesterday's post. Today was also very busy with other things I had to and wanted to do. Comments/replies next! Finally...
    @lilypadmulin
    That's cool, no worries! I hope you have fun playing with her. :) Yes, Mt. Komorebi should be the starting world unless you have HSY and plan to send her to active high school in Cooperdale. If so, the rules will be a bit different. I haven't fully figured them out yet though. I'll open a thread with the new rules for 2023 before the end of December.

@afai1261
    Aaron looks like such a bad butt Grandpa playing that electric guitar! Go Aaron! ;)

Oh, well Hi Darling! I haven't seen them for a long time. The majority of premades have been removed a long time ago from the custom template I used for last year and this year's challenges. I like that mural they are painting together. :)

Ooo, good luck Aaron! Of course he gets some smooches from Hunter while they wait for the results. Woo Hoo! Yay! Aaron won! Look at that smug look on his face. hehe

Hello Regan, you're looking great dear! So pretty! :) Ohhh, okay, thanks for the explanation about Morwenna. Playing chess, lots of love for Yoshi and ice cream at 4 a.m. Sounds like a good day to me! hehe

Whoa! Must be working out just hadn't caught up to Kellan's arms yet until right that moment. hehe Yay! Of course their buddy Cale gets a key. :) He and Hunter look so serious playing video games together. hehe Doesn't look like Aaron likes the bubble blower very much. Oh well... Great update!

Hey! Hi there Riegal! So you're doing this again next year too! Fantastic, the more the merrier eh? ;) Blue hair...any relation to Blue? Just curious... :)

You're right, the mustache suits him, but I love that beard! Cale will have his beard for the rest of his undead YA life too! :)

I'm so glad you needed that break (totally understand) so we could see how things are going with Cale and his family. I agree, Leo is adorable!

Aww, you're so sweet for saying that about Cale. I'm biased, but I have to agree, I just love the Sim so much! <3 She does look so much like Cale, it's uncanny! Except the eyes, of course, but she even got his freckles! Such a cutie!

Gah! That's right! I had forgotten about Audax and Malachi too. Oh well, at least Aaron's got another skill under his belt. Even if it will soon be useless. o.O

One of the very reasons I started this challenge was to learn new things I hadn't tried before in TS4! I've learned so much these past two years. And the thing is, there's still a lot I haven't tried yet. Incredible how much gameplay there actually is in this game, despite what some might think. :)

No, that's not dumb at all! I love the Angling Ace aspiration, most of my Sims end up completing it. I love collecting too, so not new to that. Speaking of, I need to dust off my save for Leanne and have her finish collecting what she hasn't since I stopped playing her. :)

Hmm, interesting about the Lunar Link reward, you're probably right! Cale hasn't been acting like a werewolf at all since the reception and I've cheated so CJ isn't a werewolf anymore. I'd still like to know if there's any truth to your suspicions though. I'm guessing you're right!

Yeah, unfortunately, Grandkids were sick so it was inevitable since of course I can't not play with them. Hubby got sick too. :( We're both mostly recovered now though. Still have the cough, but that's about it.

I switched hairstyles on Colt? I didn't even realize that, those two styles are so similar! I do love the one he has now though. Let's just call it an aging up update. hehe

hehe That's it! Gah! I hate situational outfits so much! I don't think Acacia looks bad though in that outfit. She looks cute! <3

Colt hasn't met anyone yet, so who knows, maybe he'll click better with Acacia instead of Donna. We'll see how it goes. I plan to let him decide himself...somehow. o.O

Yeah, it wasn't right, not one bit! But it all worked out finally in the end. TS4 glitches are just annoying most of the time, but this one was frustrating and infuriating to me. Ugh!

@Carebear92

Yes, I will have another thread before the end of December for anyone that wants to try the challenge again in 2023! :)

@Ellupelluellu
    hehe Oh yes, the crown is very important! I'd probably wear it in the shower too if I were her...maybe? Nah... :p

hehe Well, it's only the 5th now so plenty of days for gameplay updates left in the month. I finally finished the renovation. *wipes sweaty embarrassed brow* (I know you're joking! hehe)

I hope y'all had a fantastic day/night! <3
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    @Karababy52

Thank you! I don't yet have the high school pack, so I'll probably have to have Cooperdale as my second world. I think getting a head start now is going to give me that extra bit of space I need. I'm so excited for the new thread! This is always such a fun challenge.
  • Carebear92Carebear92 Posts: 108 Member
    edited December 2022
    @Karababy52
    Sounds great! Can’t wait to try to keep up.. should be a little easier this time around.. think I’m going to started on her backstory at least and create my person.. think I’m going to go male this time, I always make females
    Post edited by Carebear92 on
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,779 Member
    @Karababy52 ,
    Vampires cannot suntan, hehe thought you knew that :) Its not cheating if its game bug or limitations of game.
    Oh, turning Cale back to mortal? *snif*
    They were mean? I hope its just some trait issue, as that bug should of been fixed now. Or I am again lucky and it is fixed in mine.

I told you other place, why i STRONGLY suggest that Copperdale will be last teen month. That way its up to us do we want to graduate with party and pic :p I early graduated Oona, but wish not to do with Babs B)

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    @lilypadmeulin
    Sounds like a good plan. I'm so glad you enjoy this challenge, I think it's fun too, obviously. I'm thinking it just makes sense, as mentioned by @Ellupelluellu to have the third month as a teen be in Cooperdale for those that have the HSY pack so they can experience the actual graduation before aging to a YA. Or, could graduate early at any time once they get the option the first month and stay a teen for the next two months. Lots of options with this pack. I hope to get it for Christmas in our family gift exchange. IF I do this again myself and I have HSY, I'll be doing Cooperdale the third teen month for my Sim.

@Carebear92 - Excellent! I've been rotating between female/male the last couple years as well. IF I do this again myself, I would start with a female teen in 2023. :)

@Ellupelluellu
    I think I might've known at some point, but forgot about it until I saw that pop-up. Regardless, I've decided Cale will stay a vampire and I'll cheat that task away. I've decided in my lore if a vampire has opted to revert to a YA as a vampire, if they take the cure, they will age up to the age they should be as a 'normal' Sim. In Cale's case, this would mean he'd be an elder or maybe even dead. o.O

Yeah, but I think it's probably trait related since both Cale and Colt are hot headed. :) It's probably fixed for everyone else unless they have the hot headed, mean or evil traits.

I agree with your suggestion and will put that in the guidelines for 2023 for those who have HSY, it just makes sense. Thanks so much for the suggestion! <3
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    @Karababy52

That's such a good idea! I think that's the best option, too. Plus, Mt Komorebi is such a good starting world, honestly. I'm probably going to buy it in the New Year for myself once the Christmas rush is over.
    Okay , now I ask for understanding for delay. House in Glimmerbrook is almost ready. Tomorrow is our independence day , so not promising it yet :(

here some funny happenings from spice fest. I was still speedplaying their teen years to get graduating option.
    As Oona most likely never gets to live in SM, why not go :)

Oona Medicci , day 37
    XciMfWR.png
    TS63INk.png

ZaP62Ym.png

Y2o3Tf5.png

lfK96nl.png
    Gentleman way to kick a trashcan xd

Z0KnsMM.png
    rMtbEjE.png
    Jon thinking: "Okay, they are cool..."

Qe2Qx2e.png
    Uuupsies..

Cale saw storm coming and left home to Nelly and little ones.
    fCvDRF3.png
    Jacob: "For real? please tell me you are not moved here now???I see your nose is healed.."
    Jon:"No, we dont... eh..."
    hLPqyxE.png
    "Is there something I Should know about??" Oona interrupted them.
    FEnTD1U.png
    "Hi Jacob , its been awhile, havent seen you after chess club broke"
    "Hi Oona" Jacob replied and hugged her.
    2MhNZRs.png
    "What was that about his nose...* Oona asked.
    "Nothing, Jacob happened to be in forest too that night, he saw me fall" Jon muttered
    "mmmyeah..." Jacob also muttered.

Aaron: "Lalalaaaalaaa... not hearing anything... dididaaaa... not my businesss... awkward,,,Lalalaaalalaaa..."

elaL0Dj.png
    Mh3Mroq.png
    PvOxxF0.png
    D.J and Sonata were at karaoke :P looks like buns in oven there too, based on Sonata's belly.
    Jon at least listened xd
    Dont blame me, you both went to that sofa all by yourself xd

December 6th: Meeting the Creature Keeper

Today's Accomplishments:
    Country Caretaker
    - Give three gifts to animals
    - Forage from 5 plants in Bramblewood

Freelance Botanist
    - Grow a cowplant

Lord of the Knits
    - Knit while sitting in a rocking chair

moOxHUX.png
    Just sharing some pictures today.

zGWnXSC.png
    q7HkzZv.png
    7b5jf9r.png
    Aged Kitty up
    eZ4xrDR.png
    z5QFt6k.png
    NCwvykJ.png
    Wvq4qkx.png
    LOdZHxI.png
    tsRzXZ2.png
    ZmAq3UH.png
    zoQOuDK.png
    tZoB8Pi.png
    1wwZMri.png
    LesdTbC.png
    rmxS2g9.png
    EM5gxWY.png
    edited December 2022
    December - Day 5: "Back where you belong..."

PugZTPa.png

Notes
    3JUnlWs.png
    Marley decided to take a swim instead of fishing anymore since she wasn't having any luck. She figured if you can't beat 'em, join 'em! Although judging by that swordfish I'm not so sure it was the best idea. Looks dangerous out there. o.O

bt30W2Y.png
    She didn't stay at the fishing spot for long though electing to go check out a sailing boat she'd noticed floating around the island unattended. Was it abandoned?

wu7zlSW.png
    Meanwhile, Cale stood up from the lounge chair after baking in the sun for a couple hours. It seemed he was destined to never enjoy the benefits of getting a suntan. He resigned himself to that fact and gazed across the cove toward an active volcano.

HtLT54Z.png
    He wondered when was the last time it had erupted and would it erupt again any time soon. Should they be worried?

ytTOwtY.png
    (Nah, what's the worst it could do? Spew out lava? The ocean will cool it off before it ever reaches us, right?)
    Probably, but lava bombs could still reach your lot and possibly burn things.
    (Really? Huh...meh, I'm a millionaire, I'll just replace anything that gets destroyed.)
    You can't replace everything, for instance some of your collections and treasure are one of a kind.
    (True. Eh, I'm not going to worry about it right now.)

YKA1EBW.png
    (Shouldn't I take Celeste back to the farm soon?)
    Oh, yeah, you should. No time like the present eh? Good way to keep you and Marley separated too.
    (Separated? Why do we--)
    Nevermind, let's go visit the senior Masters.

mM5djPA.png
    "Hey Nik, good to see you! How are you liking undead life on the farm."

XM9XgY7.png
    "Oh my, Inna and I are thoroughly enjoying living here. It's so peaceful and lovely. The chickens are precious and do not get me started on the rabbits. They're so sweet and comical. I do believe Inna has befriended at least a dozen so far. I only have one disappointment. I thought I understood we would have a cow to take care of, but the shed is empty. I understand if you have decided to keep her. I know I would be reluctant to leave her myself."

3nMd4CX.png
    "Yeah, about that. I did want to keep her with me, but there's no room on the island for her shed."

FXqSKzT.png
    "Would you still like to have her? I know you'll do a great job taking care of her. She's very sweet and gentle, mostly, but still has a mind of her own sometimes, she can be a bit frisky. I'll understand if you think she'll be too much to handle with the chickens. I don't know what I'll do yet if you don't, but I'll figured something out."

FUZHm46.png
    "Of course, we'd be thrilled to take care of her for you. I'm looking forward to experiencing everything about the gentleman farmer life. Don't worry about a thing, she's in good hands."

Gl1CdPL.png
    "Thank you Nik, I knew I could count on you. You're a good man. I'll leave you two alone to get acquainted and go say Hi to Inna before I go."
    "Very well and please give our warm regards to Marley and Colt when you return to Sulani."
    "I will, bye for now. I'll come back and visit often."
    "We'd love that and I'm sure the animals will love seeing you again as well."

XA5YVYg.png
    Nik had been doing a lot of research about taking care of livestock before he and Inna moved to the farm, so he knew cows needed to be brushed to keep them clean. He'd been a distinguished vampire for such a long time, living the undead life of wealth and luxury, he'd had no idea what it was like to live on a farm.
    "Do not worry Miss Celeste, Inna and I have abundant time to learn how to be farmers. It's not always easy being a vampire, but eternity does have it's benefits."

0VIgwAj.png
    (What? He's a vampire?)
    *MOOOOOO*

rJUrM0q.png
    (You won't bite me will you?)
    *Mooo?*

8BA1Pov.png
    "No, I won't and neither will your Mistress, Inna. Another benefit I have personally over other vampires is the ability to read minds, even animals such as you my dear lady. We don't bite animals or anyone for sustenance. We drink plasma packs. That's all."
    (Oh, that's good to hear. I think I like you Master Nik.)
    "I like you too Miss Celeste. Just call me Nik though. I hope we become very good friends. Would you like that?"
    *Mooooooo*
    (Yeah...and you can just call me Celeste. Or dear lady, if you want to. I like that.)

SR3TlC1.png
    "Alright, Celeste it is! I shall be back in the evening to check on your needs. The chickens need attention now."
    (Whoa! He can turn into a bat? How cool is that?)
    *Mooooo!*

8fwIQJz.png
    Back on the island I caught Cale giving Marley a look I've seen many times before. Sorry Dude, there will be none of that. At least for the next five days. I should've sent Marley to visit her Mom like I'd planned, but oh well. I'll just have to keep both very busy for awhile.

3lK220Y.png
    In light of that, I sent Cale to take his first sail in the canoe around the area.

mEh9fe8.png
    The early morning weather promised an absolutely beautiful day with a bright blue cloudless sky and warm temperatures.

ZE7PZYg.png
    Colt returned from school that afternoon with a school project and homework to do. Although he had his own desk, he preferred to use Marley's for homework. I don't know why, they both had laptops on them.

R4Je9XJ.png
    Perhaps he preferred the view from the port hole window in Marley's office over his own? I guess I wouldn't blame him for that, imagine having that view yourself. Paradise... Hard to imagine it could ever be more beautiful, but it will be once they clean up Mua Pel'am and Summer arrives.

DGviJRH.png
    As the sun set on the island, Cale decided he'd sailed around the cove enough to get a feel for how to handle the canoe. He set sail to try his hand at some deep sea fishing.

lN38bx1.png
    Have fun Cale, and good luck! :)

X6SZHaR.png
    This last shot is mostly for @Elluepelluellu. She helped me find a Mod to reset the moon back to it's original higher resolution. However, we weren't sure if it would still be that way for all the phases. I'm very happy to show that it does indeed work for all phases. Thanks again dear! <3
    *Updated my December 5th post above! Comments/replies will have to wait until later this morning, I need to get some rest. Hope ya'll understand and had a wonderful day/night! <3
    @lilypadmeulin
    Glad you agree, I think it's the best option too. :) I love Mt. Komorebi, it's beautiful and has so many fun skills to explore. I think you'll like it a lot.

@Ellupelluellu
    No worries, just have fun today/tonight for your Independence Day. :)

Sure, might as well go if she'll never end up living there otherwise. Love the festivals in SM, especially the Spice Fest, it's my favorite. <3

Looks like Jon is getting very fit these days. Whoa, watch out Oona, don't want to singe your eyebrows or those sweet baby hairs dear. o.O

Tsk, Mrs. C., leave Inna alone. Times have changed since you were young. hehe How is it Nik can still look so distinguised standing in a pile of trash? Which reminds me, I should've had Nik change out of that situational outfit he's still wearing from the Finchwick Fair. It suits HoB, but that's not his elegant, refined style. Hmm, perhaps I should give him a makeover for a newer modern style, but still dapper? Inna too. :)

Don't blame Jon for admiring Aaron and Cale, they look amazing, very fierce and cool. :) Uh oh, here comes Jacob, not good. Smart Cale avoiding any confrontation with a werewolf. Aaron is trying the ignore approach. He's not letting him ruin his chance at getting that fish he's hooked.

Oh boy, Jon looks super annoyed at Oona hugging Jacob. Ohhh, nice save there Jon, good thing Jacob went along with your explanation. hehe Oh Aaron, he's trying so hard to stay out of it. Good for you Aaron!

Aww, DJ and Sonata look so cute singing karaoke together! I do believe you're right too, looks like a baby bump to me! Congrats to them! At least Jon is interested and entertained hearing them sing. The other two? Not so much. hehe
    edited December 2022
    December 6th: Celebrating life

Today's Accomplishment:
    Freelance Botanist - Complete
    - Evolve 10 excellent plants

Lord of the Knits
    - Knit for 5 hours

f3yZygi.png

Loving on the animals.

X3Ohuus.png
    UdvDUH6.png

Giving and receiving gifts.

JpW2GFw.png
    n80ZZpv.png

Cooking a prime roast.

vdAtK2N.png
    7C7XZMw.png
    WZTo2XT.png

Meeting Creature Keeper senior (I guess there's two of them now).

IXp0NGq.png

Completing a quest.

Egw1RwM.png

Feeding Scully (it glitched as I was able to interact normally but it looked like this, lol).

XBIlbaq.png
    uuPqJCr.png

Meeting grandkid #3, Brianna.

d3yQca6.png
    lZQlTln.png

Hanging with the fam.

99cKjvk.png
    NFVLSqj.png
    VVBqY2L.png

And enjoying some more knitting.

n5QpY8A.png
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited December 2022
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents

1m-1w-1y-oct29.jpg
    October 29: Setting a Trap!

D.J. calls up Caitlin and asks her to have Anton meet with him at the gym after school. Since that is Anton's hangout place, it is less suspicious. D.J. hasn't worked out in a long time as well. He was up for a good workout.

dj-10-133.jpg

D.J. was getting a workout when he notices Anton approaching. He acknowledges Anton with a nod.

"Thank you for meeting me." D.J. says to Anton.
    "Mom made it sound like it was urgent." Anton replies.
    "It sort of is." D.J agrees. "I want to end this feud with this Sim once and for all. I've called some friends together and I want to confront him. But I know I need back up. I want him to think he has the upper hand in this. He'll try and ambush me. I need you to go back to your wolf pack tonight and tell this white werewolf that you overheard that I will be passing through Moonwood Mill. I know he'll have his pack go with him. As soon as I confront him, I want you to leave."
    "I can hold my own."
    "Not with this werewolf. He'll retaliate on you to get to me. Please. I don't want anything to happen to you."
    "Fine. Whatever."

dj-10-134.jpg

That evening at the WildFangs hangout, Anton approaches the white werewolf. The werewolf has it that no pack member attends in Sim form. All werewolves should embrace their wolf form. Anton does as D.J. had requested earlier in the day.

"Good!" The white werewolf says. "Finally, our chance to attack. His spellcasting days are over."

Anton does not tell the white werewolf of D.J. being a vampire.

dj-10-135.jpg

The white werewolf gathers the pack together and tells them of his plan. He tells Anton that he'll be able to prove himself and join the high ranks of a werewolf as he'll be the one finishing off D.J.

dj-10-136.jpg
    Post edited by LegacySims2017 on
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    I had a busy week at home and at work. I've noticed many getting ready for a new year of this challenge. I too have been working on that project.

I am definitely going to finish D.J. with a November and December. But on here, I probably will not finish him until mid to late January of next year.

For 2023, I am going to be posting my One Month, One World, One Year Challenge in the new thread posted by @Karababy52 but also on my webpage/blog for current followers to join in watching the fun. I have already set up the new page here ( http://legacysims.net/?page_id=10908 ). I have also started the Challenge and set a post timer to submit the post at midnight each day. This gives me a little freedom in case there are days I cannot play. The more I play ahead, the better. For 2022, I missed a lot of days and skipped two months. I don't want that to happen to me for 2023. I love this Challenge too much.

As of right now, I am 5 days in of the Challenge. Each day, I can then quickly come to the forums and just copy and paste from my website/blog later in the day. This will also allow followers of my website/blog to see the chapter first.

Next up will be lovely comments from me...
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    edited December 2022
    December - Day 6: "They got the fire down below..."

7mQ7YJw.png

Notes
    YC8gE3P.png
    (You know Watcher, your plan isn't going to work, Marley can't resist me.)

wRHUw8D.png
    (It's cute you think you can keep us apart for so long. But you can't watch us both all the time. We'll be together, count on it.)
    I'm not doing this to be mean, you know I want you two to be together. It's because of that I'm doing this. You're cursed, by a sweater. It's silly, but if you do anything romantic it could be disastrous! You might end up hating each other and breaking up. Is that what you want?

yKjogMZ.png
    (No, of course not. I love her, I want to marry her.)
    That's the plan Buddy, but later. Be patient, only four more days to go.
    *sigh* (Alright, Watcher knows best. At least that's what you tell me.)
    I do. Alright, let's do some fishing!

JuvLZ2o.png
    Cale cast his line and got a hit almost immediately.

Xi6JPl9.png
    (Oh cool, a swordfish. I think I have one of these already though.)
    No, you have a Royal Swordfish, this is just a normal one.
    (Okay, I'll mount it then.)

2pn29ba.png
    Cale sailed back home after catching a few other fish and another treasure necklace. He was thirsty, so I had him grab a plasma pack by the front steps thinking he'd drink it right there.

Nope, he sped up to Marley's office to drink it there with her. I guess he just can't help himself, he wants to be where Marley is at all times. It's sweet and I love that, but not at the moment.

leTMxqv.png
    His thirst satisfied for now, Cale swam over by the waterfalls to clean up some trash.

KL4W6fX.png
    (How did this get here? It wasn't there earlier this morning.)
    (Washed up by the tide maybe?)
    (Hmm, maybe...)

OnqqxjI.png
    Whoa, watch your step Cale, you're in danger of falling into that sulfur pit.
    (Don't worry, I got this.)

sFfwObA.png
    Cale did some exploring and found a few plants native to the island to harvest and then noticed the volcano glowing at the top of a hill and went to investigate. He cleaned up some areas here as well.

Vyu1dt6.png
    Why are you just standing there? Aren't you hot?
    (Oh yeah, I'm hot alright. But you already know this, that's why you've got me running around doing stuff to distract me.)
    Duh! That's not the kind of hot I mean though, I'm talking about the lava pit over there. Aren't you burning up?

lNrudPa.png
    (Uh, now that you mention it, yeah, it's a bit warm standing here.)
    Ya think?

D4Ip0IB.png
    (I'm outta here. It's about time to harvest my garden anyway.)
    You're right and that's all you're going to do. Understand?
    (Yes, dear.)
    Why don't I believe him? o.O

gDAoM0O.png
    Colt was doing some yoga before it was time to leave for school and got a pop-up asking if he should like Wellness. I clicked yes, but Colt decided after a couple poses, he'd rather dance.

oexh1ek.png
    Cale gets almost 9K every day from his perfect garden. He doesn't need the money, but loves gardening, it's part of who he is and always will be.

1bB3LA6.png
    Colt left for school hoping he'd meet someone special. Thus far, all the other kids kind of ignored the new kid in school. Perhaps today that would change. He needed, wanted friends. Give it time Colt, this is only your second day.

NAyTqSi.png
    Unfortunately, he came home from school in a mood, totally mortified over something that happened. I don't know what, but he didn't want anyone to so much as look at him.

x0Ei48k.png
    Good job doing your homework though despite how you feel. I'm proud of you Colt.
    (Okay, cool, whatever. Just...don't look at me okay? Let me do this in peace.)
    Alright, if that's what you want. Teens can be such moody creatures eh?

5AjEC5a.png
    After tending to the garden, Cale swam back over to check out the beach cave again. He'd found some fascinating things inside before. What would he find now? Turns out, not much. Just a few shells, glow worms and bats. The best thing was finding a pool with playful dolphins in it he sat and watched for a time.

cen4oaM.png
    Back at the house, the gaming mat broke. It's no wonder since Marley is on that thing all the time. She'd been smart enough to just leave it alone until Cale got home, but Colt tried to fix it all by himself. It didn't go so well.
    "What were you thinking?"

YHntnM9.png
    "You could've been killed! You know better than this Colt, your Dad is the handyman in this family. You don't know anything about electronics."
    "It's cool, I'm fine, honest."

AEW2bQr.png
    "Listen to me Colt, you are not fine, your brain is fried and you're dazed. Clean up the mess you've made and go to your room. I don't want you touching anything electronic for the rest of the night."
    Don't look at me Colt, she's right. Do what your Mother says dear.
    (Fine, but...)

5gV4Btd.png
    (...I'm not dazed! I'm perfectly, uh, mostly, fine. Yeah, fine!)
    Uh huh. Go to bed Colt.
    (I will, after I throw this in the ocean.)
    What!?
    (I mean the trash can, yeah...trash...can.)

sPLE3Vc.png
    (What was I supposed to do again?) Colt asked no one as he stood in a daze in front of the kitchen bin.
    Okay, Cale, what's with that look on your face?
    (Marley's coming to kiss me, I just know it. We have a deep connection, you can't stop love Watcher.)

UyfxdDX.png
    Yes, I can and did, at least temporarily. Sorry you two, but this is how it has to be. I don't know why I didn't think of this before. Marley will hibernate for the next four days. After that, they'll plan and throw a Kava party! They would've thrown one sooner, but what fun would it be having a party without these two being loving toward each other? None. See you in four days Marley! :)
    November 29th Comments:

@Karababy52
    None of the new recruits won their sparring matches. D.J., Aaron, and Hunter won them all. We won't be seeing Cale with the anti-alien hat for the sparring. More of for my November and/or December timeframe.

Looking forward to the final month for Cale in Sulani. Got me curious what "events" you have planned for him...? I'll have to wait and see.
    Love the before and after of this renovation as well. Digging all the pastel greens. I love the shower area being in the bathroom still but separate, so more than one can be in there taking care of business. Also think Colt's room is great.

@RememberJoy
    Adam and family moving to the countryside, yay! Can't wait to see what you have planned for them there. I can see Adam entering a bunch of stuff at the local fair. Was sad to see Gael and Rusty leave at the beginning. :frowning:

@Ellupelluellu
    Nice daily image of Oona and Jon slow dancing.

November 30th Comments:

@Ellupelluellu
    Mike looks like the party guy at a prom. Doesn't care about a dress code. :lol: Congrats to Oona as prom queen. I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream for the prom queen!

@Karababy52
    Easier is better. And you renovated both places pretty well. Glad you liked one over the other yourself. Loved your background of why you moved households around the way you did. And what's a Sims game without a bit of drama and scandal?! :joy:

December 1st Comments:

@Ellupelluellu
    Again, love the camera shots of Oona and Jon. These two are a very cute couple.

@lilypadmeulin
    Looks like Amelia is going to have a fun adventure ahead of her!

@RememberJoy
    Very nice little cottage. Also, glad you're feeling somewhat better.

@Karababy52
    That is a very nice home for Cale, Marley, and Colt. Looks so cozy. Loving the makeovers for all three. They look like they definitely belong on a beach.

December 2nd Comments:

@afai1261
    Congrats to Aaron for winning the karaoke contest! Yoshi pics! :heart: Cale and his facial expressions. Got to love them!
    Rigel is going to have a fun adventure ahead of him.
    I wasn't going to give you spoilers. I'm glad you were figuring out the puzzle of who is who when it came to the werewolves. :grin

@RememberJoy
    The first image under the spoiler! :joy::joy::joy: The cat!! We all know what the cat is doing! Poor Adam is going to be watchful every time now when he goes into town. "Watch out for the swinging handbags!"

@Karababy52
    That looks like a small bathroom from a birds-eye view. But love the greenery and pastels.

December 3rd Comments:

@RememberJoy
    Practice makes perfect. Pax will get there. Wow. Adam has a lot of animals to take care of. Hopefully his fam will help as days go on. He looked wiped out at the end.

@Ellupelluellu
    Too funny! Oona will be wearing that crown everywhere now. She deserves it.

@Karababy52
    Aww, love that Cale has a spot to show off how much he remembers Sandy. Plus when the kids come over, they can also remember mom. The place looks great for Cale and family. Very spacious all around. Definitely a place to retire at.

December 4th Comments:

@RememberJoy
    Adam's cow cross-stitch is cute. I wonder how large his watermelons are going to get before the next fair.

@Karababy52
    Who's to say maybe Marley doesn't want to be a vampire as well. They can be together in the afterlife. And then Cale can also see Sandy again. Maybe it will be fun growing old together.

December 5th Comments:

@Ellupelluellu
    Oona is a fire breather! Ha, ha! I hope Jon knows he is cool, too. Aww, I loved seeing D.J. doing some karaoke! :heart:

@RememberJoy
    I think my favorite was the stylish llama picture. It was rocking those shades. :lol:

@Karababy52
    Not sure how much fun Celeste would have had on a beach. She would probably feel happier on a farm. Still loving her hat and sweater. I love the boating and canoeing from Island Living. I always have my Sims go out when they're on the islands. Love watching the view for myself. Hopefully you didn't use a lot challenge of volcanic activity. Or is that a trait? I don't remember. :lol: Cale wouldn't be too happy.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    *Updated my December 6th post above! Comments/replies coming up next. I hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
    @LegacySims2017
    Smart idea meeting at the the gym. Good plan they've developed to confront his bully once and for all. Why do I get the feeling Anton won't listen to his Dad and leave? He seems a bit rebellious over the idea. o.O

Oh good, Anton went through with telling the bully where his Dad will be. Glad he kept mum about DJ being a vampire too.

Anton is supposed to finish off his Dad? Uh, you just blew it Mr. Bully, no way despite being belligerant and rebellious would Anton 'finish off' his Father. It's on now! Excited to read the final confrontation between DJ and the bully. Please be smart and leave when you're supposed to Anton! *crosses fingers*

It's okay, we all understand and have been in the same boat. :) So happy to hear your plans for next year! Good idea planning ahead so well. You've started already and have a post timer? That's cool! :) Too bad there wasn't something like that here on the forum eh? Makes me smile thinking about how much you've enjoyed this challenge. I guess I need to post the thread for 2023 soon-ish eh? :)

Aww, well that's a bummer none of the recruits won their sparring matches, but it makes sense. They aren't as experienced as DJ, Aaron and Hunter.

Nothing too dramatic really. But I'm hoping y'all will like what I have planned. :)

Yep, easier is better and thanks! Well I had to have some kind of segue for them moving to Sulani, this just seemed to make the most sense. Oh yeah, Sims are always causing some kind of drama eh? hehe

Thanks, I'm loving it! Yep, it is cozy and I like their makeovers, glad you do too! :)

You're exactly right, it was a preview of a WIP of the downstairs bathroom.

Yes, exactly! A place for CJ and Joe to remember their Mom too. Spacious, but still cozy was the vibe I was going for so it seems to have worked. Thanks!

Marley was born a vampire, it's all she knows. I doubt she'd ever think of not being one. They could be together in the afterlife, that's true. But there's no way Cale would be able to see Sandy again, she was wiped from existence. It's a nice thought though. Eh, I don't think it would be fun for them after they've gotten used to being young adults for so long. It's another nice thought though. However, it doesn't matter now since I've went ahead and cheated that aspiration task. Cale will stay a YA vampire forever and so will Marley so they can always be together. <3

Celeste would not have been happy on the beach, nope. She's more suited to living on a farm. hehe Yeah, I left those on for her since it's a bit chilly in HoB in the Spring.

I love it too, Cale had to have a canoe. <3 But of course, he has the Aqua Zips too for a little bit faster fun now and then. hehe Nope, they don't have the volcanic activity lot trait. I think it is under the lot challenges though. Cale would probably freak out and want to move. hehe
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    edited April 2023
    August 3
    Or8hN7aM_o.jpg
    Hunter developed a Fear of Dead-End Job, so he quit his job as a Paranormal Investigator and joined the Athlete career, intending to become a bodybuilder.
    So of course, this was how he dressed for his first day at his new job :joy:
    HwEl3rc.png

When he got home, he was in much more sensible clothing and I decided to let him go visit his parents, who live in 1 Torendi Tower penthouse.
    MSBgBdW.png
    ANEirGr.png

He also got to see his little sister Thalia :smiley:
    sBojmzq.png

She looks traumatised HAHA
    WFlcBMv.png

When he returned home, both Kristopher and Morwenna's ghost were visiting
    bmNjhYw.png
    HohlHXY.png

His face :joy:
    MMcl81U.png

Cale invited himself in and the first thing he did was take a bath :D
    Nbo4BMN.png
    CkZHhmT.png

Then he glitched through the wall and trolled the forums lol
    RN0hXup.png
    IjEeMW3.png
    xrRlt1O.png

I see you, guilty boy!
    ru9FaM6.png

Aaron was painting and giving Yoshi some love, all without a shirt of course ;)
    yXBQ5am.png
    2DElrVo.png

The next day, Ricky came over and of course Aaron had to greet him without putting a shirt on too *rolls eyes*
    OWPzbu2.png

Aaron finally put some clothes on and Cale came over again, proclaiming:
    5YbIugl.png

Ricky was still around, so that was kinda awkward
    rqu7uor.png

He made a cute little bunny out of a lump of clay
    7gX5Oum.png

And then Aaron and Cale autonomously did this lol. Indoors because that definitely seems safe, yes :joy:
    g88YflI.png

Post edited by afai1261 on
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    edited December 2022
    @RememberJoy
    Dec 4: Aww, adorable daily pic of Adam with the birdie! <3
    Kuzco! :D Love Emperor's New Groove!
    "It kinda makes you wonder where these animals are finding these things, but I digress." - HAHA!
    And this one too - "Of course I had to call Kaori out to show off my big melons" :joy::joy:

Dec 5: Kuzco looks very stylish! Boom, baby!

Dec 6: Hehe, Adam and the chicken almost match with their clothing!
    Great pics of Adam in his robe with all his animals.
    Scully is a perfect name for the cowplant! Weird glitch with her looking dead though o.O

@Karababy52
    Dec 4: i am not thirsting over Cale in the daily pic I am not thirsting over Cale in the daily pic *fans self* Okay who am I kidding, I'm totally thirsting over Cale in the daily pic :love:
    Also he looks very, very handsome as always in your new avatar <3<3 Sulani lighting looks good on him ;)

Wow I knew that certain skintones couldn't tan regardless of occult (like Vlad's skintone) but I had no idea that vampires couldn't even tan normally o.O But then again I have never taken a vampire to Sulani, so how could I have known haha (okay that's a lie, Hunter lives in Sulani in my merman Aaron save, but I never attempted to make him get a tan). Aliens can't tan in disguise either.
    Guess this means I'll have to cheat past that task when Aaron gets to Sulani as a vampire, too!

~~~

HAHAHA omg I don't think anyone has ever referred to one of my sims as a "bad butt Grandpa" before, but you're totally right :joy::joy:

I can never bring myself to delete any premades since it would feel so weird not seeing them walking around, even if some of my sims never interact with them haha. That's one of my favourite murals! And it made sense for Aaron to paint that one since he likes plants and stuff. (And then I cursed myself because he had to paint another mural later in the aspiration, and this one didn't count).

Aaron had level 8 singing at that point so I wasn't surprised that he won haha. And he and Hunter had to be all romantic and cute together!

Hehe thanks about Regan <3 I love her. My dumb story idea for why Aaron and fam moved to San Myshuno in the first place involved returning Morwenna's urn to her (Morwenna's sister (Regan's mother) doesn't live in a house and hates Aaron for story reasons lol), but he didn't actually do that until he'd almost finished the aspiration :D . And I'd already decided that I wasn't going to do story, because I don't have the time or drive and ambition to do so anymore.

I was so surprised when Aaron shook Kellan's hand and his biceps just ballooned like that :joy: But then he was spawned in as the gym trainer, so it made sense. I did immediately flag him to freeze his physique though, I didn't want him to get any bigger o.O
    Yup, Cale really is one of Aaron's closest friends so it had to be him :)

Relation to Blue? Perhaps... :smirk:
    He's her son, and of course he's also related to Regan (that's where his purple skin comes from, even though his skintone is the lighter purple, whereas Regan's is the darker purple :tongue: ). By extension, that means he's Aster's brother, Leo and Andromeda's uncle, Cale's brother-in-law...

When I first made him, he even had Blue's ears!
    VaJaV8B.png
    But they had to go when I turned him into a human for the challenge, since a teen vampire probably wouldn't survive very long without a roof over his head o.O. Unless I just had him hide in the onsen all the time :joy:

That beard is a really good one for Cale <3

Yeah, I ended up having to take even more breaks because waiting for the festivals to come around for Aaron's aspiration was frustrating so I ended up playing with Regan and Blue instead for a few in-game days haha.

What I said about Cale? It's true! <3
    Well Aster also has freckles ;) So if she and Cale do have more kids, I'll probably give them all freckles too :D

It has been really fun to play this challenge and do all sorts of new things in the game! Experiencing everything all the different worlds have to offer, playing aspirations that have been in the game for ages but my sims have never done, giving a single sim so many makeovers when previously I never changed up my sims' outfits from when I first created them :D

I feel like in a game that I'm not playing rags-to-riches style (which is... all of my saves that aren't OMOWOY o.O), my only sims that actually go fishing are vampires, so they can make plasma packs. But fishing is a great early-game source of income for sims with no money, and if I start playing R2R more often (because I really enjoyed it with this save, surprisingly) then I'd probably have my sims complete Angling Ace a lot more.

I don't think Acacia looks bad though in that outfit. She looks cute! <3
    Eh well I mean I would never wear anything like that IRL :joy: Situational outfits are so bad LOL
    I plan to let him decide himself...somehow. o.O
    Oh, well that's cool too ;)
    Not saying that you have to involve my simself in things of course :D

~~~

Dec 5: Ooh, wow, incredible daily pic <3 Your screenshots are always amazing but that one is especially perfect! :love:
    Love that pic of Marley with the swordfish behind her :D
    Hi Nik!
    Celeste's expression in this pic is so good :joy:
    0VIgwAj.png
    Oh the view from that port hole window is just stunning! :open_mouth:

Dec 6: Okay this one's daily pic is absolutely incredible too :D
    And that first pic of Cale under the spoiler... woo! :love:
    Aww, so sweet that he sought out Marley to sit next to her with his plasma pack.
    "Aren't you hot?" Um, YES :joy:
    Poor Colt getting fried! o.O Aaron got fried while trying to fix a radio in my game recently :D
    Ooh, can't wait for the Kava Party! ;) Sucks for Cale to be without his lady love for four whole days though :joy:

@Ellupelluellu
    Ooh, very excited to see Aaron and Jacob's apartment! :smiley:

~~~

day 37: Oona with that spicy food :joy:
    Nik! He looks so proud of himself for having kicked it over too :D:D
    Ooh, hi Aaron and Cale! Wow, seeing him here makes me miss Aaron's look from when he was a werewolf in my game haha.
    Here comes trouble... Jacob :D Wonder when the facts of his rivalry with Jon will come to light...
    Aaron just trying to fish and ignore them is too funny :joy:

Nice to see DJ too :)

@LegacySims2017
    Oct 27: Things are heating up!
    Kakeru (see, I remembered his name ;) ) wants Anton to finish off DJ? O.O Oh hell no!
    Oona extra

just couple pics i forgot from their town trip

4jqvysr.png
    Jon actually did manage to scare the statue!
    fMEABWp.png
    But tipped well :)
    KSS3GOj.png
    Oona kept learning receipes.
    npTPyhm.png
    And decided this was best place to write her diary. (Jon had speedran to do some fishing with Josh, no surprise)

I try to comment and do my update later tonight <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top