Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA should put more lore to the Sims 4

VyneVyne Posts: 43 Member
edited December 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
The pre made Sims in the base game like Dina or Bella should have lore in the game like anyone in the game. Like in base game there should be story progression when you play as the household. I loved how Maxis put the story and lore on the Sims 2, especially lore in the Sims 3. It would be nice if they remade all the characters overhaul Including family tree. Like it would be very cool if EA and maxis do the lore and story progression so people would put theories in the game since the Sims 4 sounds a bit stale lately. Would be nice if they did it sometime but it's my idea.
0zd1knkd2pmo.jpg
The fate is always on your hands.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    I would love more lore in the Sims 4, but I think at this point it's a lost cause for the base game. There's just been too many years gone by. The newer packs have better lore but AFAIK none of it is story progression.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited December 2022
    I think the lore of the earlier games is a thing of the past now. I’m not saying this to be negative about it but the message in almost all of the sims 4 trailers is ‘this is a lesbian couple’ ‘this is a mixed race couple’ ‘this is a black person’ ‘this is their pronouns’ etc. All the effort is going on identity politics and any actual story appears to be an afterthought.

They can just say ‘this is Anna, she is Latina and she is gay’ and everyone on twitter praises them for it and gives them 10/10 story. It’s easier for them and noone dares criticise it so why bother putting more effort? I think even their job description for creatives puts more of an emphasis on identity politics than actually having writing talent. Personally I’d prefer less pronouns and more alien abductions. I think they’ve forgotten these are essentially fictional cartoon characters and that they should be fun.

They do still create some good townies though. Their stories are rubbish but they have some cool and interesting looking sims. Get Together and City Living especially have some very good ones, and there’s usually one or two in each pack that are nice to have walking around. You can just kinda imagine better lore for them yourself.
    Post edited by JustinB113 on
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member
    I don't think they can do it well without individual bios. Those told us a lot about an individual sim's personality and lore, and hinted at how we could develop their stories. Right now, entire households have to share a single bio, which limits storytelling.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,339 Member
    I'm okay with the game suggesting a backstory and potential plot hooks to me in the household bios. Anything more, like the enforced vampire/werewolf relationship hit, or a specific family getting set up to be enemies with a specific other family, and it becomes annoying to work into my own worldbuilding.
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    edited December 2022
    I disagree with this. I think that it's my neighbourhood, my collection of motley idiots, my stories. The whole point of a sandbox game like the Sims is that you have such flexibility in how your game evolves. Even on this forum you'll see gargantuan posts by simmers telling the stories from their own imagination, played out in their individual Sims world. It's a great framework for emergent gameplay.

I mean, sure, add a bit of fluff relating to the Goths or the Flapjacks, but give the players the tools to make their own stories with just as much depth.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,943 Member
    edited December 2022
    Honestly idk
    I feel like at this point it would just interfere with my own interpretations of the households especially when its premades from sims 1-2 that you've played ages already

don't mind with new households though like sims they add with new upcoming packs or such sure could have some more interesting stories

they seem stuck on creating young adult entrepreneurs and painters apparently :sweat_smile:

would love to see more households with less than conventional stories too

like take me to strangetown vibes
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    Well, the latest pre-mades do get a little lore in form of sentiments and pre-set relationships. I do agree that there should be more. Bios, secrets etc.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    I paid very little attention to the premades' lore in the past, and will care even less in the future. I like a good general story plot for a pack like StrangerVille, but on the individual level I prefer making up my own stories, and with so many years baked into my ts4 universe I have lots of lore and stories already, as I know the detailed story going 230 years back. Check my Historybook if you are as nerdy as I, LOL.

I also totally ignore the correctness of genders and GLBT+[add the rest of alphabet here]. I never felt any desire to have my game reflect my real life or my real surroundings. I couldn't care less if I can't recreate the correct spot of my biggest beautyspot, and my sims could not care less either. To me this game is a fantastic sandbox where I decide most things, unfortunately EA has started to direct my game over to something that it was not previously, and I am not a big fan of this. I think the game is not in need of lore or RL aspects, but more options for the simmer to turn on/off certain features to please us all.

That said - in TS5 I hope they will focus a lot more on the new lore. A lore needs to be there from the start. Not being added after we all have created our own.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg