Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,808 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:
    What is the best movie marathon for the holidays?

Home Alone 1 &2, A Christmas Story, It's A Wonderful Life, White Christmas, Elf, Klaus, How The Grinch Stole Christmas, Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer, Frosty The Snowman. I could keep going but I'll stop there.🙂 Elf is one of the very very few Will Ferrel movies I like. The only other one I can sit through is the original Anchorman. I don't get the fascination so many people have for him, to me he's just not funny. I guess thinking he's funny is kind of like the Three Stooges, it's a guy thing.🤷‍♀️

Today's Q Q is:

What’s your favorite part about this time of year?

I can get out my sweaters. I don't particularly like cold, or even cool, weather but I love sweaters. I suppose I could wear them even when it's 100F. The root word is sweat and I would certainly be doing that.

• cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited December 2022
    Today's Q Q is:

Regarding Christmas, it used to be music and Christmas shows, because that's what I did. I either sang in choirs or directed Christmas musicals, so that was a big part of my Christmas excitement. I don't do that now and I'm also retired, so things are a lot more low key. I like to do a little decorating, but don't go overboard. I do enjoy Christmas lights. Mostly I enjoy the food and Christmas with family.

As for winter, I don't do cold weather well, but I love my fireplace. I have one with gas logs that's thermostat controlled, so I just leave it set for a cozy temperature the whole winter. I even moved my sleeping arrangements into that room so I could sleep in front of the fireplace in winter.

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Anyone here gonna do some holiday baking?

I'm planning to make these pine cone soft pretzels. <3

DSC4328t.jpg

Today's Q Q is:
    What is the best movie marathon for the holidays?

Home Alone 1 &2, A Christmas Story, It's A Wonderful Life, White Christmas, Elf, Klaus, How The Grinch Stole Christmas, Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer, Frosty The Snowman. I could keep going but I'll stop there.🙂 Elf is one of the very very few Will Ferrel movies I like. The only other one I can sit through is the original Anchorman. I don't get the fascination so many people have for him, to me he's just not funny. I guess thinking he's funny is kind of like the Three Stooges, it's a guy thing.🤷‍♀️

Today's Q Q is:

I can get out my sweaters. I don't particularly like cold, or even cool, weather but I love sweaters. I suppose I could wear them even when it's 100F. The root word is sweat and I would certainly be doing that.

Yeah. Will Ferrell has a weird kinda sense of humor. I think it could be his delivery of the punchlines and his dead pan facial expressions. 🤣

I wish I could wear sweaters comfortably without sweating. 😌
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    My favorite part of this time of year is the stark beauty of black bare branches, the first few snows of the season, the ravens.

I love just being out in it. Properly geared and dressed of course.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    Today's Q Q is:
    Favorite winter beverage?

Maybe like a warm black tea. And winter here for me is just a rainy month for you guys' reference. 🤣
    832XG3D.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

Maybe like a warm black tea. And winter here for me is just a rainy month for you guys' reference. 🤣

Hot chocolate. No contest. When I make it myself, I use coconut milk, sugar and dark cocoa, but I’m okay with doctoring up a mix if I don’t want to go to the trouble. Then I’ll add a dark chocolate Hersheys kiss to give the mix a bit more richness and top with marshmallows.
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

100% a hot chocolate
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
    Today's Q Q is:

I’ll complete the trifecta, hot chocolate for me too. My local coffee roaster does a year round flavored blend that tastes like snickerdoodles. This is the time of year I’ll snag a couple of bags of it. I love to have it with a cinnamon stick in it.

• WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,756 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Definitely a dark hot chocolate. I like to make mine with oat milk but a cinnamon hot chocolate sounds nice too. 😋
    I will be the weird one and admit I rarely have hot chocolate, but warm up with hot tea (good quality black and oolong, or ginger and lemon or anise) or good coffee.

Hot chocolate requires too much sugar. I can drink coffee unsweetened but not chocolate.
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    Today's Q Q is:

How do you dress in winters?

Pretty much the same as always. Sometimes I can wear my thick wooly sweaters.

I will be the weird one and admit I rarely have hot chocolate, but warm up with hot tea (good quality black and oolong, or ginger and lemon or anise) or good coffee.

Hot chocolate requires too much sugar. I can drink coffee unsweetened but not chocolate.

Nah, you're not weird. I don't think I like hot chocolate either. Pretty sure I only had it once in my life. And it reminded me of this drink called Milo that we have here which is a malt sports drink. Most people here like to drink that for breakfast. But I don't cuz it would make my body feel way too warm inside. 🤣
    832XG3D.gif
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited December 2022
    Today's Q Q is:

Pretty much the same as always. Sometimes I can wear my thick wooly sweaters.
    My area is cool if it doesn't rain in winter, and it's very cold when it rains. If it doesn't rain, it's coat/jacket and ordinary long sleeves.
    If it rains and I don't have to walk too much, it's any thicker clothes and thicker ordinary long sleeves (wearing too thick will be inconvenient, so I usually don't wear too thick). On the contrary, it's similar to Alex Mercer from Prototype (I'm easily to feel hot, so I can avoid the situation of "one less cold and one more hot").
    And I often wear a hood in winter. Because I have always had symptoms of suspected rhinitis, I sometimes wear a face mask when I go out when it's very cold.
    Post edited by Shadow_Assassin on
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
    Today's Q Q is:

Pretty much the same as always. Sometimes I can wear my thick wooly

Even though I live in what is technically the American south, we do have a few months of cold. The temps aren’t as frigid as the northern states, but we do get some snow, and because of the always present humidity, the cold cuts right through you when the temperature dips around freezing. So, for early winter, I get by with long sleeves, sweaters or sweatshirts and a jacket. But in January and February, I’m all bundled up in a coat, scarf, hat and gloves.

edited December 2022
    Today's Q Q is:

Mostly sweatshirts and sweaters. I live in the central US and we have a mix of everything. We get a 4 or 5 days each year where it gets crazy cold, like below zero at night and may not get much warmer than 10F during the day. Just two years ago we set an all-time record here when one morning it got to -28F. Yes, you read right, 28 degrees below zero. There are no words to describe how that feels. Well no words I can use here without getting banned. And there is no way to dress to be comfortable in weather that cold. We also get a handful of days where it will get into the 70's or on rare occasions the 80s. A lot of times too, if it gets that warm, a cold front will come through and drop the temperature from 75 to 25 in a couple of hours. Those are weird days. How do you dress? Dress warm and sweat until the temps drop and then you're comfortable, or vice versa.
    Today's Q Q is:

Do you have a favorite family holiday dish recipe?
    832XG3D.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

My mom’s Fantasy Fudge and dipped chocolate candy, and her date filled cookies or her Turkish mocha date cake. All of those are recipes she got from my grandmother.
    Today's Q Q is:
    What’s that one gift you really wanted when you were younger that you never got?

A Jack-in-the-box toy. It was super hard to find over here but there was one time I saw it in a store and it was like a very dark creepy kinda store but the creepy Jack-in-the-box was like $70 or something and my mom was like, "Oooh, that's too expensive". 😂 Don't ask why kid me was fine with a creepy dark clown Jack-in-the-box. 😬
    832XG3D.gif
    Today's Q Q is:
    What’s that one gift you really wanted when you were younger that you never got?

I really wished for a lot of things I never got. examples: Transformers (more than meets the eye); K'Nex; Legos ( I got to play them only at someone else's house).

All too expensive. My mom was so poor we had powdered milk, and sometimes fried bologna was dinner, and sometimes I had nothing for lunch in gradeschool. It wasn't her fault: she was working as hard as she could, just had the misfortune of marrying a rat who only took care of himself.
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    Today's Q Q is:
    Are you an early or last-minute shopper?

What's a shopper? XD

Today's Q Q is:

I really wished for a lot of things I never got. examples: Transformers (more than meets the eye); K'Nex; Legos ( I got to play them only at someone else's house).

All too expensive. My mom was so poor we had powdered milk, and sometimes fried bologna was dinner, and sometimes I had nothing for lunch in gradeschool. It wasn't her fault: she was working as hard as she could, just had the misfortune of marrying a rat who only took care of himself.

Can totally relate to living like that when I was younger. 😢 My pocket money was $10 (I think it's like US$7) to last a whole month. I had classmates who get that amount every day. 🥴
    832XG3D.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

My Dad's steamed chocolate puddings and custard. 😋

Regarding shopping, I tend to do it early. I have family birthdays to buy for as well in winter, plus am often working extra shifts in December and January so like to make sure I've got it all sorted before the busier weeks. But also because I really enjoy gift shopping and don't want to have to wait until last minute.
    Today's Q Q is:

Have you ever used something besides wrapping paper to wrap gifts?

Printer paper. LOL. Don't at me. XD
    832XG3D.gif
    edited December 2022
    Today's Q Q is:

Yes, I have used patterned fabric a few times for gifts.
    Today's Q Q is:

Yes. A recipe that has been passed down for over a hundred years, escalloped corn. It's really just a corn casserole. It is super simple to make and delicious. I can't think of a single Christmas or Thanksgiving in my life that didn't have that dish at both. What the what, I'll even share it.

1 15oz can creamed corn
    1 15oz can whole kernel corn w/most of the moisture drained.
    2 Large eggs, lightly whisked.
    2 Tablespoons of sugar
    1/2 cup of milk
    Salt to taste
    8-16 Club crackers or similar buttery tasting cracker, crushed. You can go a little over if you like a thick cracker topping it won't hurt anything.
    1-2 Tablespoons of butter.

Put everything except the crackers and butter in a buttered or greased 3qt casserole dish and mix thoroughly. You don't want it too soupy so put your cream corn in first and judge how runny it is and drain the whole kernel corn accordingly. It's better to error on the side of draining too much moisture from the whole corn. Let it sit in the fridge overnight. Heat the oven to 350F and right before you put the dish in the oven sprinkle the crushed crackers on top but don't mix them in. Quarter the butter and dot the top. Cook for an hour and enjoy.
    Today's Q Q is:

My mom is the champ at this. Gifts come in all kinds of things: Christmas stockings, velvet boxes, novelty tins, and if they’re really big, she might wrap them in a plastic Christmas tablecloth. You never know what’s going to show up under the tree.

My home has thick snow for the first time in years! :)
    2W8QMAb.jpg
    Made a couple of snowy things to celebrate. This one is meant to be a sea slug.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top